30 Ms. Lipps

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff, High School

Summary: It all started with a lollipop on Eunbi's locker and the many possibilities that led Hyewon to find courage in oneself.

Word Count: 2829

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_MsLipps

 

Ms. Lipps
 

A usual rain of love notes fall off Eunbi's locker the moment she opens it. She lets out a small sigh as she picks them up. As soon as she does though the same rain of notes fall off from the locker next to hers.

Now, it’s not an uncommon scene to see notes fall off lockers 140-143 as they belong to some of the most known students of Memory High. Eunbi being the SC President and Hyewon, a math prodigy who owns the locker beside hers. 

With the latter’s notes, fell a blackberry flavored lollipop. Hyewon was quick to hide it but the president was quick to catch it. 

“Hey, Kang?” Hyewon looked up at her as she picks up the last note while failingly hiding the lolly in her fist.

“Have you noticed anyone leave blackberry lollys on my locker door?” without saying anything and intentionally missing the older ones eyes, she shakes her head and takes her leave.

---

 

Last month, Eunbi had been stressed out by the amount of work piling up for the upcoming year-end programs this semester’s finals and so, one would normally see her gloomy on most days of the week.

 

“I’ll be sending updates about the proposed stalls of each class this weekend. Thank you for today and get home safely.”

 

The SC meeting had just ended and Eunbi was tired and hungry. 

 

“I have my things with me, so we only have to stop by your locker, Eunbi-ya.” Sakura had informed the yawning senior who only nodded in response. It was nearly 7pm so the hallways would normally be empty since regular school hours ended roughly 3 hours ago, but as both officers head out someone ran past them.

 

“Hey! No running in the hallways!” Eunbi scolds the culprit from behind Sakura.

 

“Sorry, Pres.!” Yena said her apologies while she continued to run through the doors out of the school building.

 

Once they made sure the rooms power supply had been turned off, they locked the room.

 

On the way to the lockers they pass by a few students from the Dance guild and the Math club.

 

“Seems like we’re not the only ones with extra loads today.”Kkura says as she eyes the small crowd slowly dispersing.

 

“Kkura-chan, can we do the project tomorrow at the dorm?” Before Sakura could respond, she got distracted by something taped unto her locker door.

 

Eunbi took it off and studies the ribbon tied lollipop in her hands. ‘Lipps pop stix’ she’s never really heard of the brand before. It ain’t the usual candy flavor as well, as it read blackberry on the wrapper.

 

Although confused, Eunbi eats the candy, craving for some sugar to rush through her veins. Then she cranes her neck to each direction to see anyone who might’ve given it to her.

 

Sakura quite amused of her friend’s change of expression agreed to the plan and helped Eunbi grab her things.

 

---

The second time had the Senior wondering who would simply stick lollipops on locker doors when others try to sweep her off her feet with lines of flowery words written on special scented papers -which she mostly never reads.

She wanted to simply shrug it off and she successfully did so with the first three occasion, but the small treat had helped her out a bit. She wanted to thank whoever this person was for she noticed that only when she’s had a rough day will a pop stick greet her when she’s about to head home.

Chaewon and Sakura who she shares the dorm with her had been stringed along to Eunbi’s journey on finding Mr./Ms. Lipps.

During her rounds she mentally notes down those who’re fond of eating the candy treat. And, for starters, this Filipino treat has two things that differs this from most pops; the signature red stick and the color it leaves on your lips.

According to their observation she’s gathered:

-Around 10% of the student body had been spotted with at least one pop stick.

-Mostly sophomores are seen with this. 

 

--

“I’ve figured it out.” She confidently exclaims upon entering their dorm.

Chaewon who sits on the couch turns to her with one brow raised, confused.

“I saw the same blueberry lollipop fall off Kang’s locker.” Eunbi playfully bobs her eyebrows up and down with a smug look on her face.

“That’s it?” Eunbi wiggles her brows at the younger lady. “How does that make you rule it out unnie? It could be pure coincidence.” Chaewon doubts.

“The lollipop is almost as good as scarce in this place, Chae. My gut feeling tells me 100% that it all came from her.”

“Scarce?! Unnie, were you asleep this past few days? That treat had been everywhere around the campus.”

“But there should be one source for all of them, don’t you think? It’s not manufactured locally and definitely not sold just anywhere.” Eunbi reasons out. “Besides, I’ve received those pops way before it became mainstream.”

“Okay. Say, she may be the one. What are you planning to do?” 

“Hmm… Give back.” She shrugs her shoulders coolly while heading to her room.

Eunbi highly believes in her instincts since they’ve never failed her so far.  So, after that bit of deduction, she came to the conclusion that it is in fact Hyewon giving her the lollys. It has to be her. 

‘Please, let it be her, dear God. Please.’ She sincerely puts her hands together the moment she closes the door. 

---

 

Unbeknownst to others, Eunbi actually harbors feelings for the younger girl. She was drawn the moment she saw her win the math competition back when she was a freshman. She never really thought she’d shoot a score on the quite sophisticated girl, so she tried setting her feelings aside.

With the belief of the lollipop coming from one she likes has made her stomach flutters twice as much. No longer wanting to feel giddy all by herself she thought of discreetly returning the favor.

And so by the weekend she took a 4-hour round trip to where one store claims to sell them.

Monday comes, and she arrives to school earlier than usual and sticks a strawberry flavored lolly on Hyewon’s locker and heads to the SC’s room to prepare for the rounds.

That went on for a few more weeks up until--

“Excuse me.” Eunbi slightly jumps, caught red handed.

She wore a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter