27 Unfair! Magnetic Today

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Action, Comedy, Crack, Crime, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Sci-Fic, Supernatural

Summary: It's Eunbi's job as a hero to capture villains and to keep the safety of the people of her city. She doesn't even falter even a little when dealing with troublemakers who claim to be villains. But she starts questioning her actions when the new villain in town comes in a form of a bold, confident, beautiful girl.

Word Count: 12000

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_UnfairMagneticToday

 

Unfair! Magnetic Today

 

“Why is it so hard to control my powers nowadays?”


 

Kwon Eunbi has always been their city’s well loved hero. She often sees herself as calm and cool headed despite being a pyromancer. Sometimes, she’d find her ears literally smoking up when she’s flustered. Other times she’d end up melting her spoon when she’s frustrated out of her wits. She’s not that clumsy, of course. In fact, she’s well known for having enough control of the fire she creates to make it float around the air without it dissipating. But lately, she’s been feeling enough stress to melt her 3rd spoon of the day. 


 

The reason?


 

There was a new villain in town, causing trouble here and there. Of course, it’s Eunbi’s job to capture villains and criminals. Usually, she’d be more than glad to capture the villains for the sake of the peace in the city. But this one was different. 


 

Unlike the usual bad guys that Eunbi often battles, the new villain was a little… Goofy. The villain, Hyewon, was an incredibly beautiful lady with an ambitious dream of taking over the world. She also has a way with her words. Oftentimes, Eunbi finds herself swooning by words of the villain. It was truly a shame that Hyewon was on the opposing side.


 

As much as Eunbi likes seeing Hyewon’s pretty face, there was also a catch. Hyewon was incredibly dangerous. The said villain had destructive powers of electromagnetism. Due to her powers, firearms are absolutely useless to her. And recently, she’s been able to control heat with her powers. But unlike Eunbi, she can’t create the said element out of nowhere.


 

So why was Eunbi feeling more annoyed than usual when she’s facing this incredibly dangerous girl?


 

It's a bit too simple.



 

Kang Hyewon, a dangerous pretty villain…




 

...is a child stuck in an adult’s body.


 

 

Eunbi let out a tired sigh as she felt her earpiece beep, picking up a message that someone is wreaking havoc in a certain area of the city. Eunbi stood up from her seat and left her barely eaten meal after paying. She quickly ran towards her headquarters and picked up her fire resistant outfit. She can feel a tinge of migraine spreading through her left temple as she went ahead to the area where trouble awaits.


 

“You’re five minutes late.” The girl in a light blue tracksuit hummed. “Maybe you should bring a parachute with you. You know, like how hot air balloons work.” The girl, Lee Chaeyeon, joked.


 

“Not everyone can fly, Chae.” Eunbi sighed. Chaeyeon had the ability to manipulate objects at her will but it tires her out physically. Eunbi scans the area and sees not that much damage aside from the police cars being perfectly stacked like a lego tower, except they’re actually on the verge of falling. Both Eunbi and Chaeyeon moved closer to the stack of cars. Eunbi heard something pop from her earpiece then the next thing she knew, her earpiece no longer worked. “Dammit, it’s already my 4th earpiece. I should start buying cheaper ones.” Eunbi said as she took off her earpiece and threw it somewhere.


 

Chaeyeon chuckled. “Maybe you should actually just capture our perp instead of having little tea parties with her so you don’t have to deal with her breaking your stuff every three days.” She said.


 

“You know very well that she threatens to crush every single metal brace in buildings of this city if I refuse. We can’t afford her crushing buildings just because I didn’t want to dine with her.” Eunbi replied as she  fixed her outfit.


 

“I’m starting to think she just wants your attention.” Chaeyeon says, tone sounding a little more nonchalant than teasing. “Maybe you should take her on a date sometime and maybe she’ll stop causing trouble like this.” She adds, obviously ignoring the way Eunbi scoffed at her words.

 

“And what makes you think that?” Eunbi says. “She literally claims to take over the world then proceeds to rob Baskin Robbins. It looks more sad than threatening.” She sighs. “Except she, herself, is the real threat here.”


 

Chaeyeon chuckles. “Hey, in my defense, she usually goes violent when you’re not around.” Chaeyeon says as she zips up her tracksuit. “It’s almost like she’s a cat that throws tantrums when her owners are not around.”


 

Eunbi doesn’t respond. Instead, she mentally braced herself as she approached the closed Baskin Robbins shop. The closed storegate prevented her from seeing what the situation is from inside the store. Then, one of the police officers handed her a small clipboard containing the reports about what has happened.


 

 Apparently, the villain was walking side by side with a little girl whom they assumed was the hostage. The two entered the Baskin Robbins shop and the villain demanded that the vendors give them ice cream. When the vendors refused to do so out of fear, the villain closed the shop, alarming the police hence why they had to evacuate the remaining civilians in the nearby buildings. After 5 minutes of silence, police officer Miyawaki decided to call Hero Chaewon to try to talk things with the villain and entered the building. So far, there are no suspicious events that happened aside from the eerie silence from the inside.


 

Eunbi raised her left brow as she tried to comprehend the situation, there isn’t much evidence to prove whether the people inside are alive or not. But knowing Hyewon she’s most likely to be indulging herself with ice cream as the staff cowered in fear.


 

Eunbi gave back the clipboard to the officer as she let out a sigh. She scratched her nape as she knocked at the storegate. “Hyewon, I don’t know what the hell you are doing and certainly not your reason why. I don’t really care either way but this isn’t the right way to do it.” Eunbi says, voice stern, loud and clear. She placed her ear near the storegate to try to hear what could be happening inside.



 

Before Eunbi could drown herself with her baseless imagination about the situation, she heard something clank inside.


 

Eunbi hears a faint, “Why are you here?” inside the store that she assumed to be Hyewon’s voice.


 

“You know pretty damn well why I’m here.” Eunbi scoffed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.



 

“I didn’t invite you, get lost!” Hyewon screamed from the inside.


 

“While you’re causing trouble? Hell no!” Eunbi spat back. Eunbi stepped back as the storegate opened. The police officers immediately pointed their guns to the villain as the gate stopped opening halfway through. Hyewon eyed Eunbi with an undisturbed look, not caring about the way the police force aimed at her. 


 

Hyewon unlocked the fully intact glass door of the store. Eunbi could feel the people behind her tense up the moment Hyewon made eye contact with them. Hyewon sighed. “Since you’re here, I might as well as invite you in.” Hyewon said in a nonchalant way. “I can’t let them in though, there’s too many of them to fit inside.” She added, pointing to the police force. 


 

Eunbi raised her left brow in amusement once again. “Invite to what?” 


 

Hyewon smiled. “You came crashing to my event without knowing what it is for? That’s some bold move of yours, Miss Superhero.” She chuckled.


 

Eunbi felt her oxygen leave her lungs when the girl smiled. There was something about it that made Eunbi feel like the girl had no bad intentions. Her smile was innocent and her eyes sparkled. It almost made Eunbi forget she was dealing with a villain capable of ruining their city in a flash... Almost.


 

Eunbi raised her guard the moment she stepped in the store behind Hyewon. Then, she heard a small voice.


 

“Oh, unnie! A new guest?” 


 

Eunbi eyed the owner of the voice. A little girl, no taller than 4 feet. Her hair reached up to her back and- Is the little girl from the police report? Eunbi had no time to think as Hyewon approached the little girl. She clenched her fist and fire surrounded her arm.


 

Eunbi was dumbfounded when Hyewon pet the little girl’s head and smiled gently. She felt her heart swell at the sight. It was her first time seeing Hyewon smiling genuinely. She finally let her body relax as the fire dissipated from her fist. 


 

The little girl eyed her with innocent curious eyes, resembling the ones Hyewon had. Then she tugged at the sleeve of Hyewon’s sweatshirt. “Is she a magician like you, unnie?” The little girl asked, beaming a smile when Hyewon hummed in acknowledgement. “Are you friends?”


 

Hyewon cautiously eyed her, obviously flustered from the question. “She’s more of uh… Just someone I know..” Hyewon answered. Eunbi doesn’t know why but she felt a little disappointed at that.


 

The girl let out a pout. “Why do you not have friends, unnie? Aren’t you lonely?” The girl asked. Hyewon kneeled so she could directly face the girl.


 

“I don’t need friends, Yujin.” Hyewon said, voice stern and comforting at the same time. “I have you and that’s enough.” 


 

Eunbi could feel herself melting at the interactions of the two but was abruptly stopped when she remembered her purpose. She cleared and was about to speak when Hyewon flinched and stood up, clearing her own throat in the process.


 

Hyewon awkwardly scratched the base of her neck as Eunbi eyed her bemusingly, as if asking for a small explanation. “Right, uh.. Eunbi, this is Yujin, my baby sister.” Hyewon said as Yujin gave her a small wave. “This is Eunbi. Uh, someone I know from... work.”

 

Eunbi doesn’t fail to notice the way Yujin’s face lightened. “So you are friends!” She exclaimed.


 

“We’re n-” Hyewon cut her words short, not having the heart to break her little sister’s bubble. Hyewon sighs as she leans to her sister’s ear and whispers something inaudible. Then Hyewon faced Eunbi, “I’ll go get you some ice cream. You can go sit anywhere. Is there a specific flavor you want?”

 

Eunbi contemplated for a moment. She knows she’s not supposed to lower her guard when in front of her enemies. Especially not when she’s on duty. But her instincts tell her it’s okay to lower her guard for now. Eunbi shook her head. “Any flavor is fine.”



 

When Eunbi sat on one of the tables, she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Then she saw a small grin that she knew a little too well. “Chaewon what the hell?” Eunbi said, disappointed and surprised to see her junior co-hero having the luxury of chilling on a Baskin Robbins that was being robbed off.


 

Chaewon let out a quiet chuckle, then she shrugged. “Well, I was the first to be called on the situation. But Hyewon-ssi offered to get me ice cream instead of fighting and… You know I can’t say no to free ice cream.” She said, taking a spoonful of mint chocolate ice cream to and humming delightfully.

Eunbi swears she can feel a vein pop on her head. She massaged her temples as she spoke. “You let her bribe you?”


 

Chaewon defensively shook her head. “No!” She screamed. “I-It was more that she forced me to agree with her…” She added, voice getting smaller as each word passed through her lips. Then, she showed her ankle that was tied to the chair by a metal band that was poorly molded enough for her to escape whenever she wanted to.   “Here! S-She even restricted me to this chair. H-How evil! Haha….” Chaewon gulped when she saw the unfazed expression on her senior’s face. “You know I’d always choose the non-violent solutions right?” She asked, suddenly sounding serious.




“Excuse me,” Hyewon’s younger sister, Yujin, called. She handed Eunbi a cup of cookies and cream and a mix of what she assumed to be coffee crumble ice cream. “Um, my sister told me to give you this.” Yujin said. “She said she didn’t know which flavors you’d like so… If you don’t like the flavors, um, don’t hesitate to ask for a different flavor.”

 

Seeing how Yujin’s eyes reflected innocence and purity made Eunbi feel like she was dealing with a completely different person. Eunbi gave Yujin a light pat on the head and gave her a light squish on her left cheek. “No darling, this is okay. I like coffee crumble and cookies and cream, thank you.” Well, coffee crumble and cookies and cream was certainly an odd combination.


 

Yujin kept staring at her in awe. Eunbi cautiously took a bite of the sweet treat then quickly wiped with the tissue that wrapped the cup. “Is there something you want to tell me?” Eunbi asked, voice soft to avoid scaring the younger girl with her natural stern voice.


 

 Feeling a little conscious, Yujin fiddled with the hem of her blue sweatshirt. “Well um… Hyewonnie said you weren’t friends…” Little Yujin said. “ Please be her friend… Unnie has been taking care of me since we left home…” The young girl’s voice trailed off, genuine sadness laced in her voice.


 

“I’d appreciate it if you didn’t talk about me behind my back.” 


 

Eunbi nearly felt her heart stop when she found Hyewon protectively held Yujin’s smaller hand and leaned close to Eunbi’s face as if she was trying to intimidate the hero (read: It worked). Now that Eunbi has noticed, Hyewon does certainly have goddess-like features. Her fine, doe-like eyes stared right into Eunbi’s eyes. Eunbi could feel the heat rush up to her cheeks as she purposely took a step back and shifted her gaze away from the villainess’ (gorgeous) eyes. 


 

After a moment, Eunbi cleared and finally focused her gaze back to the villainess. This time, Yujin was no longer holding Hyewon’s hand and was back to the counter asking for more ice cream. “We need to talk.” Hyewon said, “Privately. If you don’t mind.” she added.


 

Once Eunbi nodded, the two immediately headed for the back area of the shop, paying no attention to the staff who looked terrified of the villainess. Eunbi leaned to the wall behind her preparing herself for a fight anytime Hyewon does something suspicious. The villainess, on the other hand, eyed her with doubt, unsure of the well-known hero’s intentions. 

 

“Why are you here?” Hyewon asked, voice filled with skepticism and distrust. Sure, Eunbi must be planning to do something bad (or good, considering she was always the bad guy) to her and her younger sister. You can’t really blame Hyewon for thinking that.


 

Eunbi was slightly offended about the fact that her actions were being questioned- Is this how villains felt when their actions are questioned? Hopefully not because they don’t deserve it when they do bad things in the first place. Of course, she’s here to stop whatever trouble the other was causing. But apparently, that’s not the case for this one. “I’m here to see if you’re planning on causing trouble again.” Wow, that’s meaner than Eunbi had expected but she had no time to dwell as Hyewon suddenly glared at her, breathing deeper and eyes reflecting exasperation. 


 

“If you think I’m here to cause trouble, then tough luck Miss Hero because I’m not.” Hyewon said, clenching her fists on her side. “Look, if you’re only here to ruin my sister’s birthday, you can leave. Just so you know, I have better things to do than bother people on a weekend. I’m not that evil.”


 

“If you’re not here to cause trouble then why did you have to close down the entire shop? You do realize it will cause panic for the citizens right?” Eunbi said as if she was stating an obvious fact. Hyewon grunted in response.


 

“Do I look like I give a about the citizens? If I didn’t close the whole damn shop, the cops would have shot me already.” Hyewon huffed. Eunbi opened to speak but was stopped when Hyewon placed a finger on her lips. “Do you know what those cops did when we were on our way here? They tried to shoot us. If I wasn’t paying attention they might’ve hurt my sister already. And if they did, you wouldn't see this damned Baskin Robbins anymore.”


 

“What?” Eunbi asked, tone in her voice explicitly showing disbelief as if the other’s word was ludicrous. Thinking of a way to bite back, Eunbi spoke. “Maybe if you hide your identit-”


 

“I’m not obliged to hide my identity when I’ve done nothing wrong.” Hyewon replied, tasting bitterness on the back of as the words passed through her dainty lips. “I’ve never done anything… And yet…” Hyewon added, voice trailing off with every word…


 

For a moment, Eunbi sees something completely different from the eyes of the perpetrators she has sent to jail. Guilt, Disdain, Indignation… Eunbi has never seen a villain's eyes filled with such emotions. It was ironically, oddly magnetizing.


 

Hyewon let out a sigh as she finally pulled away. “I’m really not here for trouble. I’m not gonna force you to believe that. And if you really don’t then suit yourself.” Hyewon said, taking a step back then finally attempting to walk away. 


 

“Where do you think you are going?” Eunbi asked. 


 

The villainess didn’t respond. Instead, the said woman searched for her little sister. Then little Yujin glanced at Eunbi, eyes reflecting sadness and disappointment. Something about the little girl’s sad smile and the villainess’ turned back rubbed something in Eunbi that made her feel… Guilt. “H-Hey! Do you really think I’m-” The hero let out a sigh when the villain grabbed what seemed to be a thick piece of metal and stood on it, making it float then finally leaving the shop with her sister wrapped tightly on her arms. 


 

“Aww, they left?” Chaewon suddenly spoke, surprising Eunbi in return. “Sad, Yujinnie is such a nice kid. Hey, what’s wrong?” Chaewon asked, noticing the way her senior’s demeanour deflated. “Unnie?”


 

Eunbi lowered her head.  Then she glanced to her left and saw Chaewon worriedly looking at her. Eunbi showed a small smile, suddenly reminded of how she and Chaewon were also as close as how Hyewon and little sister looked. She too, is willing to burn whoever dares to hurt Chaewon. Eunbi grew up taking care of Chaewon like a little sister since she was a daughter of their family friend. 


 

“Say,” Eunbi said, finally straightening her back and standing at her normal posture. “Do you think Hyewon is an actual bad person? Y’know like a real villain.”


 

Chaewon hums, “Considering she was almost shot earlier and still invited me to get some ice cream for her sister’s birthday and that she’s practically harmless at this point…” Chaewon said. “Not really. I think she’s pretty cool. Now that I remember what was it that made her look bad in the eyes of the police force?”


 

Eunbi hums in wonder. Somehow, aside from the times when Hyewon was trying to fight the police, Eunbi couldn’t recall a single time when she actually witnessed the villain commit a crime. 


 

“You do realize the two of you just let a Class A villain escape right?” Both Eunbi and Chaewon jump in surprise when they hear the voice. Chaeyeon was standing behind the two, arms crossed and eyebrows raised in amusement. 


 

“I thought you were supposed to patrol from the outside?” Chaewon asked.


 

“We literally saw the villain escape without hearing a single noise from the inside, do you really think we wouldn't inspect what happened to the two of you?” Chaeyeon said. “Well?”


 

“Well, she binded Chaewon to a chair with a metal band. And I had to negotiate with her as long as she wouldn't hurt the hostage and… She surprisingly agreed? But she still took the hostage with her.” Eunbi lied. Technically, it wasn't a complete lie but it's not the when truth. 


 

Chaeyeon certainly didn't buy that. “How believable, wow!” Chaeyeon replied in faux enthusiasm. “Why do you have ice cream stains on your shirt though?” Chaeyeon said, pointing to Chaewon's stained shirt.


 

Chaewon's face reddened. “I- wha- t-they forced me to eat Mint Chocolate!” She claimed as Chaeyeon grimaced on the mention of mint chocolate. “It was very disgustingly… delicious…”


 

“Whatever, just don't make me write your reports.” She added. Chaeyeon was about to walk away when she stopped on her tracks and faced the two again. “And I'm not going to pay whatever was damaged here.”



 

Okay, that went well.




 

Or not.




 

The two went jaw slacked when they realized they had to pay for every damaged property inside the store. Surprisingly, aside from the messy tables and chairs, there wasn't a lot of damaged goods. They could probably get away with just cleaning up the mess. If not for the fact that they had to pay for all the consumed ice cream.


 

“It's okay…” Chaewon chimed. “We have insurance…” She said eyeing the older girl. “...Right?”


 

“We don't.”


 

“Oh damn it!” Chaewon whined. “We literally protect this city without anything in return and we don't even get to have insurance?”


 

Eunbi was about to pull her wallet when one of the staff approached them. “Um.. You don't have to pay for anything… The client paid for everything beforehand.” The worker said. “We don't really accept payment before reservation but she insisted on paying because of something about needing to escape as quickly as possible.”



 

“...”



 

“Oh my God, I think she saved my wallet.”



 

[-]



 

A week after the incident at the ice cream shop, Eunbi found herself walking mindlessly in between the aisles of a supermarket. Grabbing whatever she thinks she'd need to survive, she hummed along with the upbeat song of whatever group she was listening to.


 

Just as she was about to reach for a specific snack she found on the aisle, Eunbi heard some kind of static on her earpiece before the music died and something pops. “Oh dear…” She whispered. Eunbi let out a quiet groan as she stretched her limbs. She carefully observed the surroundings, looking out for whatever suspicious thing her eyes saw.


 

When she found none, Eunbi pulled out her earpiece, eyeing it sadly and kept it in her pocket. Another earpiece gone. Eunbi was about to continue in her way when something zoomed past her. “What the..”


 

When Eunbi looked at what had just gone past her and saw a familiar metal board on the hands of the escapee, she immediately chased after the person, abandoning her own groceries in the process. 


 

Eunbi desperately chased after the person, barely dodging the obstacles that she came across with. Thankfully, Eunbi was blessed with such quick eyes that she was able to follow behind the escapee until they reached the outskirts of the mall. 


 

The moment the hero tried to catch her breath, the escapee suddenly disappeared. Eunbi frantically searched for any traces the escapee had. Eunbi was about to report the incident when she realized her earpiece broke and she didn't have anything to communicate with. 


 

Sighing dejectedly, Eunbi took a step before she was suddenly pulled to a hidden alleyway inside the mall. 


 

“Miss Hero?”


 

“Hyewon?”



 

Eunbi confirmed the identity of her abductor when she snatched a glance from the perp. The person was indeed Hyewon. 


 

“Why is it always you that I encounter when trouble happens?” Eunbi groaned.


 

“Well don't ask me, you were the one who chased after me.” Hyewon snickered.


 

“Wha- I wasn't chasing yo- mmf-” Eunbi's words were cut short when she felt a hand covering . Hyewon glared at her. Eunbi felt her cheeks heat up when Hyewon finally removed her hand on her lips. “I-I wasn't chasing you… Why we're you running away in the first place?” Eunbi said, voice quieter this time.


 

“I wasn't running away.” Hyewon claimed, voice sounding deeper than it usually was. “Someone was trying to follow me..” She added.


 

“What?”


 

“I was supposed to get groceries for my little sister when I felt someone with a tranquilizer, or gun rather, follow me.” Hyewon said.


 

“How did you know they had a gun?” Eunbi asked.


 

Hyewon stays quiet for a moment before she speaks. “My power is electromagnetism. I can practically detect anything that is metal or has electricity running on it.”


 

“I- wow, cool.” Eunbi muttered, not knowing what to say.


 

Hyewon sighs. “I feel like someone's following me these days. I'm used to having someone stalk me all the time but this one's different.” Hyewon says. “They're not following me to observe me. It's like… they're waiting for the right time to kill me.”


 

Hyewon's words sent shivers down Eunbi's spine. 


 

“Why are you telling me this?” Eunbi asked.


 

“Because you're a hero.” Hyewon states. “Even if I get captured, you'd take care of my sister for me.” Hyewon adds, the tone in her voice showing trust and respect for Eunbi. 


 

Eunbi stares right on to Hyewon's eyes. Something about them makes Eunbi feel… Magnetized.


 

“Why?” Eunbi asks.


 

“Why what?” Hyewon returns the question, obviously not expecting the sudden question.


 

“Why do you trust me?” Eunbi asks, voice cracking from all the emotions she was feeling. “Aren't you scared? That I might capture you now and hand you over to the cops?”


 

Eunbi feels a lump on as she anticipated Hyewon's answer. But the villainess only kept staring at her. 


 

“I guess, I was raised to believe in what I think is right…” Hyewon says, this time scratching her neck as she avoided Eunbi's eyes. “I… I've never done anything wrong, well, aside from the fact that there are countless times where I broke public property when I had to escape. I don't know what happened or why I suddenly became a criminal in the eyes of the public.” Hyewon says, voiced laced in sadness. “I believe my name can be cleared someday.” She adds. “I just need to find the right person to ask for help.” Then she looks directly at Eunbi's eyes.



 

“You think I can help you?” Eunbi asks as Hyewon hums in acknowledgement. “Why me?”



 

“I don't know. But I know you have a good heart.” Hyewon claims. “I'm not exactly asking you for help, but it would be great if you did.” She chuckles.


 

Eunbi was dumbfounded. She didn't know whether to believe the villai- Hyewon, or not. But her gut (read: and heart) tells her that it wouldn't hurt to trust her. Turns out, Hyewon was more than just a childish troublemaker. 


 

“I-I'll see what I can do.” Eunbi says. Hyewon smiles and Eunbi feels all the air in her lungs leave. 


 

“Ah.” Hyewon snaps her finger. Then, she reaches for something from her belt bag. “Right um… Here. We can't have bystanders see their hero walking out of an alley with a villain right?” She hands out a pair of glasses and a light blue cap with a 'KHW' messily embroidered to it's strap. 


 

Eunbi reluctantly took both the shades and the cap and wore it. 


 

Hyewon picked up her thick metal board, unfolding it effortlessly to extend it's area making it look like a wheel-less scooter. She placed it back on the ground and stepped on it. “Hop on, I can take you directly to where you live.” She says.


 

Eunbi swoons at the words of the other girl, but she's still cautious of how the board looks dangerous. “Uh.. How does this thing work again?” She asks.


 

Hyewon hums. “The same way with how Maglev Trains work. Except I don't need rails since I can pretty much manipulate the amount of teslas of a magnet. This area doesn't have a strong magnetic field so the maximum amount of teslas I can manage is limited.” 


 

Eunbi doesn't understand what the other woman meant but she figured it would better if she didn't understand at all. “You sound pretty knowledgeable about your powers.”


 

Hyewon chuckles again and Eunbi curses her damned chuckle for sounding so charming. “It's physics. I've always wanted to be a physicist before all this.. Mess. It just so happened that I had electromagnetism for powers.” She hums. “I was terrified when all the kitchen utensils in the house suddenly flew towards me. Even more terrified when I broke our house appliances.”


 

Eunbi chuckles this time. Judging from Hyewon's stories, it looks like the said woman grew up in a pretty normal environment. It makes Eunbi even more curious about how she became a villain. Was she even a villain in the first place?


 

“So uh… You wanna get in or not?”


 

Eunbi cautiously stepped on the thick metal board, the loud clack of her shoes hitting the board making her flinch. She lets Hyewon take her hand to wrap it around her stomach to prevent her from falling. The action certainly made the poor hero swoon. Eunbi was grateful for the fact that she was behind the woman and that the woman couldn't see her probably blushing face.


 

“Don't worry, we won't go too high nor too fast.” Hyewon reassures and Eunbi tightens her hold on the former's clothes. “If it helps, there are neodymium magnets on my shoes so you won't fall off unless you let go of me or if my shoes accidentally come off.” 


 

Finally, the metal board floated without a hitch and Hyewon grabbed on to the handle as they finally left the mall.


 

(Eunbi's eyes were closed throughout the trip, only opening them wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter