02 Roses or A Whole Crate of Ammunition

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Comedy, Fluff

Summary: Kang Hyewon is more than a pretty face. She's a deadly soldier, yet somehow she started acting a bit too suspicious.

Word Count: 3721

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_ROAWCA

 

Roses or A Whole Crate of Ammunition

 

What is more deadly than a knife?

 

Most would answer. Bombs, guns, any non-living thing that can inflict physical pain, but what if I tell you that those things are mere toys? Of course no one would believe that. Anything that can cost a life isn't a toy, or for most. It isn't; but still, how come it isn't the right answer? 

 

Well that all comes down to one thing. Kang Hyewon. Doesn't ring a bell, right? Well, let me tell you. Hyewon isn't your ordinary pretty face. She's a soldier with fortitude, a one man army. Yes, a woman whom had surpass any man in the South Korean Army Corps. A woman with an instinct of a hunter, and a mind of genius. Doesn't sound scary enough? 

 

Well, I do agree. It does sound far fetched. However, it isn't. Hyewon had battled through countless terrorist, and have assassinated countless evil throughout her service. Her mind could device a plan that is perfectly crafted, she doesn't even have to lift her toes to kill. It was a gift, or maybe a curse. Either ways. She had come to earn her reputation as The Reaper. Everyone whom came crossing her path would be taken out. Immediately. Now tell me? Are guns and knives still a deadly tool? Well, I guess not anymore.

 

Funny right? Her presence might send shivers down your spine, to the point that you might be thinking; Isn't she one heartless human being. A cold animal. Always craving for blood. But it's the exact opposite. Hyewon is calm, collected and sweet. A person full of warmth and love.

 

Yes, Love.

 

You might find it humorous, but the military woman is smitten. Smitten to the point that her comrades became suspicious. 

 

Suspicious? How come?

 

Well firstly it's the way she moves. Her friends— Yena and Sakura (whom has no idea of her blooming love life), didn't know when and how it started but one thing they know, is that Hyewon became fiddly and a bit too cautious. The way she hesitates and becomes all surprise when someone sees her approaching, or just trying to enter the storage area. The way she sneak around the base, and make indistinct shrieks when Yujin comes behind her, or the way she just carry a 25kg duffel bag around at 2 am while being too alert of her surroundings.

 

With her sudden change of reflexes, it wasn't a surprise for her two most trusted friends to be suspicious. 

 

Too suspicious, that they began thinking that their multi-awarded friend had lost her mind and had gone smuggling guns and ammunitions to the black market. 

 

Those type of stories aren't new in their field, and they had a few great soldiers whom actually took such shameless path. Probably why the both of them are not only suspicious, but also concerned for their friend's well-being.

 

"Do we alert Colonel Bae?" Yena asks, stuffing with mashed potatoes.

 

"Do you want her to order another search? Have you forgotten about that Jaehyun case?" Sakura retaliated, shuddering as a memory of a previous ploy passes her mind.

 

Perhaps it was a good idea. The thing that Yena suggested, but Sakura thinks other wise. After all, that unwarranted search by their superior; once gone crazy, and their base became a little battle field. With Jaehyun leading other soldiers whom were helping him; fire at their former comrades. So much for a friendly fire, I'd say.

 

Afraid of being caught in another gun fight inside their supposedly fortified and impenetrable stronghold. The both of them devised a plan to investigate their beloved friend, Cpt. Kang Hyewon. 

 

Risky? 

 

Most likely. Hyewon is a dangerous woman... very dangerous. More of the reasons why Yena and Sakura tried their best to stalk her with caution. Not only are their positions at stake in such shameless acts, their safety is also at risk. 

 

Trying to stick around the Captain after office hours wasn't even easy. For weeks, the two had been led into repeated daily activities that seems to be too boring. Waking up, going to the base, do paper works, meeting Lt. Kwon Eunbi...

 

Wait? Kwon Eunbi?

 

The two suddenly had an epiphany. In all their years together as friends and as comrades, not once have they seen Hyewon interact that much with people. She was always drowning in missions, that social life was not an option for her. Even her days off, work was all that was running inside her head. So how? How come she's now visiting Lt. Kwon Eunbi; and in a daily basis?

 

"Don't tell me..." Sakura held her hand in front of her gapping mouth. Horror spreading across her face. "She's the middle man."

 

Both woman gasp at the conclusion. Clearly, the allegations are still swinging over both, truth and fallacy. However, their recent little detective work had made them aware of little supplies— especially hand guns and a few ammunitions; had been missing for the past couple of weeks, and their superior is not a tolerable one. They know pretty well how Colonel Bae was also on the move to find the culprit— in secret, ofcourse.

 

"Looks like we need to separate ways now. Choi." Sakura breathes, putting her palm on Yena's shoulder. "Our mission, Would you choose to accept it, is. Spy on both Lt. Kwon Eunbi and Cpt. Kang Hyewon and bring forth the truth behind their suspicious movements."

 

To be perfectly honest. Yena was on the same page as Sakura. Both of them wanting truth, but the difference is how they approach this matter? Well, Yena is more collected than her friend, whom acts like they are in some kind of mission impossible movie. If Yena was to be questioned right now. Do you know Miss Miyawaki? Her answer is as bright as day light. A big flat no. You can not judge her tho. I mean, if I get a friend like that. I for a fact, would deny her to my death bed.


 

※※※※※※

 

As planned, the two began their so called Mission. Yena taking on Lt. Kwon while Sakura found herself in a much dangerous situation. Cpt. Kang Hyewon. 

 

Following the Captain was not as simple as counting 1 2 3. She was alert, and she is highly skilled with any kind of weapon. One wrong move may cost her, her very life and Sakura doesn't want that. 

 

First was a sleazy bar, just a few blocks from their base. The interior was cheap, and so were the bourbons and whiskey. The whole vicinity is filled with the scent of sweat and tobacco. Unpleasant. 

 

Hyewon had picked up a crate from one of the crazy looking guys at at the back.

 

Second was a warehouse. A kilometer away from Sakura's apartment. It was barren, and eerie. A perfect crime scene if you ask the Japanese. Carefully tailing Hyewon, Sakura; without looking into her surrounding bumped into someone. By instinct she tried to perform a choke hold, yet was surprise to see Yena. 

 

Puzzled. She tried to squeeze answers from the Lieutenant using her piercing gaze. Yena watch in curiosity as the Cherry Blossom tried to resemble an angry cat. Snickers and a few low giggles came out if Lt. Choi's mouth. 

 

Sakura, with a terrified look suddenly put her hand over Yena's mouth. Afraid that Hyewon's sharp ears could catch their tiny incoherent tattles. 

 

Displaying her alertness. As what Sakura had predicted. The Captain slowly traipse towards Yena and Sakura's position. With her fighting stance and a swiss knife on her right hand. She slowly... Slowly... approach the hollow wall. Closer... and closer, her steps became heavy as the sound grew nearer towards the two emissaries trying to hold their breaths, and silently praying for dear life.

 

"What are you doing?" Kwon Eunbi appeared from nowhere, asking Hyewon with the sweetest voice.

 

Sakura let out the breath she was holding, taking a peak from a hole punched near their side. 

 

It really was Eunbi. Beautiful, elegant and confident. Yet how come her voice sounds so sweet? How come Hyewon; The stoic Kang Hyewon, is now making a face redder than ripen tomatoes?

 

It does not add up, or as for Sakura's books, it doesn't.

 

Trying to hear more of the two's conversation. Yena began struggling away from Sakura's hold. It was kind of comedic. Both of them sitting in a pile of garbage bags and wood; Yena sitting on top of Sakura's slim thighs with tightly covered by the latter's soft hands.

 

Yes, soft hands...

 

Then it dawned Lt. Choi, the way she describe Sakura's hands in her head was overly disgusting to even take in. She doesn't even know how come she had made such terrible thought, and without thinking she struggled to break free.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter