04 Endless

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst, Fluff, Romance

Summary: Kwon Eunbi absolutely loves writing. Her world revolved around writing and reading until Kang Hyewon came into the picture. Hyewon made her the happiest by being a lovely and caring girlfriend to her and Eunbi couldn’t wish for more. However, no such story is perfect and full of rainbows only, not even their story.

After they mutually decided to end their four years long relationship, Eunbi created a book based on real life situations and events with Hyewon, just basically their lives together throughout the years of being in a happy and wonderful relationship so she could finally let go and fully move on— to finally accept that their story already ended tragically yet beautifully.

Is there a chance for another chapter or the book has already closed for good?

Word Count: 11999

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_Endless

 

Endless

 

Her smile, still radiating and charming as ever— her pretty round eyes turning into majestic crescents, expressing how happy she is. It never fails to make Eunbi’s heart race two times faster, her stomach started to be filled with butterflies as her cheeks warmed.



 

So beautiful, she’s very beautiful. Standing proud, wearing her usual outfit— plain white shirt tucked on black ripped jeans paired with her favorite almost worn out sneakers— she rocked it so hard even if it’s just simple.



 

The corner of Eunbi’s lips tugged up, forming into a fond smile. Oh, she’s madly in love with this woman a few feet away from her. Her effect on her is unbelievable, even if they’ve been together for years, the feelings never faded— instead, it became stronger— and it’s getting stronger and stronger each day passes.



 

“Eunbi-ah!” The younger girl from the distance shouted, full of excitement yet softness that made Eunbi grin, her feet immediately moved on its own and walked closer to the lovely woman who’s seemingly waiting for her.



 

However, Eunbi noticed that instead of getting closer to her, the figure of the love of her life started to move further away from her. The shorter yet older woman panicked and started to run, desperately trying to reach for her fading lover but no avail.



 

She started to slowly disappear, while wearing her beautiful charming yet bittersweet smile— and when Eunbi blinked, she's long gone, leaving her there frozen on her spot with her surroundings fading away slowly too. Her heart started to ache painfully.



 

“Hyewon-ah!”





 

Eunbi’s eyes slowly fluttered open, the familiar view of her room’s ceiling greeted her. Slowly, upon collecting herself and her thoughts up, she sat up and stretched her stiff joints.



 

Yawning, she went out of her bed and slipped her feet in her fluffy slippers before quietly fixing her bedsheets. With a sigh, she went to the bathroom to do her usual morning routine.



 

She stared at her own reflection in the mirror and chuckled lowly when she saw her messy state. Disheveled short black hair, tear stained cheeks, bloodshot eyes, and visible dark arcs clinging under her eyes. She almost laughed at her own misery before finally deciding to wash up and properly fix herself.



 

After washing up her face and brushed her teeth, she felt refreshed. She once again stared at herself, nodding a bit when she finally got satisfied with her look. She looked better than earlier, this will do.



 

“You dreamt of her again,” She whispered to herself, her solemn voice echoing around the spacious bathroom. Her heart stung at the mention of that. Taking a deep breath, she finally went out of the bathroom and strided towards the kitchen.



 

The delicious smell of bacon and eggs being cooked hit her smelling senses when she stepped into the kitchen, spotting a familiar figure near the stove. “Good morning, Chaeyeon-nie!” She chirped, skipping towards the taller woman and gave her a playful kiss on the cheek.



 

Chaeyeon grimaced, immediately wiping off the spot where Eunbi’s lips landed. “What the hell is wrong with you,” She grumbled with a frown, continuing to cook but there’s a small smile on her lips. After all, Chaeyeon wouldn’t have the guts to be pissed or angry at her.



 

Eunbi just slyly smiled before sitting down on the stool, waiting for Chaeyeon to finish cooking their breakfast— checking her schedule for later at her phone and pouting when she saw it.



 

“Why are you pouting? It’s so early to sulk.” The younger woman popped out, placing the plate full of food in front of her before settling on the seat across her with her own plate. Eunbi sighed. “Just seeing the schedule for later makes me feel so exhausted already,” She honestly said, picking up the utensils. Chaeyeon snorted. “You’re whining about that, lazy bum? You’re just going to simply meet Miss Myoui and the other executives then go to the signing event’s venue. Mind you, this is the last so shut up.” She said, shoving a piece of bacon into .



 

Eunbi deflated. “I’m an author though, not an idol. My job is to write all day, all night— locked up into my room.” She muttered as she pricked the food with her fork, and Chaeyeon’s eyes narrowed. “Correction, famous author— a celebrity author who doesn’t just simply write all day, all night locked up into her own room. You need to attend some meetings, interviews, and also signing events because you have a lot of fans and avid readers so stop whining about it.” The red haired woman said, furrowing her brows.



 

“Why do you keep complaining? You’ve been doing this for years.” Chaeyeon added, taking a sip from her orange juice, watching Eunbi eat her own food delicately across.



 

The short haired woman shrugged, looking at Chaeyeon. “Yeah, but after my latest book release, everything became more hectic for me.” She answered with a bored tone which made the younger between them scoff. “I can’t believe you. Most authors want recognition but here you are, being ungrateful that your fame skyrocketed because of your latest work, which is a huge hit. A lot of writers would trade their souls to achieve something like you did, Eunbi.” She replied and Eunbi’s eyes widened.



 

“What! It’s not like that, ugh, I can’t believe you that you’ve been thinking like that. I mean, I like this— being recognized in a field where I have passion, a thing I love to do. But you know, I’m still adjusting. It’s still overwhelming, this is the first time I ever got huge recognition like this.” She explained, shaking her head.



 

There was a silence until Chaeyeon laughed. “Tch, I was just joking, of course— I know you so well, Kwon Eunbi.” She said with a chuckle. “Just stop being a whiny baby and eat up. It’s your last signing event for this book, and the biggest so far since you’ll be interviewed by a popular news media channel before the event.” Chaeyeon added and finally, Eunbi decided to eat in peace, it’ll be a long day later.




 

Kwon Eunbi is a 26-year-old romance author that goes by the pen name, Mad Kwon. She’s known for writing various great romance books but got an enormous recognition with her latest book, Endless. It became a huge hit, not just in Korea but around the world— and now, it’s getting a movie adaptation.



 

Eunbi started writing ever since she was still a kid, not surprising since her mother was a known journalist but unlike her mother, she has this fondness for romance story books, fairytale books. Growing up, Eunbi witnessed her mother and father being sweet and so madly in love with each other which piqued her curiosity over it, feeling giddy seeing them like that. Romance movies and stories made her happy and giggly, it made her young mind wonder about love and romance.



 

She often wrote stories that most likely wouldn’t happen in reality. As she grew older, she learned the harsh reality but still— she hoped that some prince charming would suddenly appear and save her, and they fall in love madly and probably marry each other after a day. It raised her standards to the point she didn’t have any crushes, only gushing over her fictional characters.



 

When she reached highschool, she started to share her works on some platforms, and not surprisingly, she became well-known there— her works gathered a lot of readers and it reached millions of views at some point. She loves writing stories, romance stories and create a world where she’s the only one that could enter, a world where her fantasies exist, where everything is possible to happen.



 

Her life just basically revolves around writing.



 

But of course, one person had to enter her life so suddenly and broke those standards, her expectations and fantasies— also crashing her made up world but this person taught her real love, she became Eunbi’s safe haven, her everything.



 

This person crushed her ideas about ideal love, about perfect love but instead, she taught her that it didn’t exist, however, real love does. Even so, it didn’t disappoint Eunbi. Throughout, she learned that love wasn’t just about full of giddiness, feeling rainbows spreading all over your chest, and being so madly in love with your partner— and that it takes time to grow deep feelings. She discovered a lot with this person, but not once she got upset that her expectations about relationships went down to the drain.



 

Even though there were a lot of ups and downs— small or big— they went through it together, their love remained beautiful— blooming brightly and getting stronger each day. However, what Eunbi couldn’t accept is their tragic ending.



 

That their story came into an end.



 

Eunbi isn’t too fond of tragic endings, you will never read a work of hers that has a sad ending. She was okay with conflicts, but a sad ending? That’s absurd. That was why when the love of her life disappeared, she was a mess, and still is. Everything crumbled down in an instant.




 

“Eunbi,” Chaeyeon called for the dazed woman across her. Eunbi immediately snapped back in reality, shaking off her thoughts and continued to eat.



 

“You dreamt of her again?” The older quietly asked and Eunbi froze for a bit before nodding. “When did I never?” She responded with a low chuckle before finishing her food, taking her empty plate with her to the sink and started to wash it.



 

Chaeyeon sighed. “When will you even start moving on from that woman? It’s been more than two years now, Eun.” She asked, also walking up the sink but she let Eunbi wash the dishes. The short haired woman’s empty eyes turned to her. “I’m trying, you know I’m trying.” She whispered, her voice trembling.



 

“Hyewon is going to be married soon, and you know that,” Chaeyeon said with a low voice and instantly, Eunbi went tense and froze on her spot. Her heart flipping in happiness yet ached painfully upon hearing that name. “It’s an arranged marriage.” She muttered before scrubbing the plates once again.



 

“Arranged or not, still, she will be married soon.” The older woman replied back with a sigh. “Try harder to move on.” She added before walking away.



 

Softly sighing, Eunbi just continued washing the dishes alone, letting herself get drowned with her thoughts once again— her heart aching painfully.



 

Chaeyeon didn’t intend to come out as harsh, but she can’t see Eunbi being like this for too long anymore. As her best friend since childhood and manager, Chaeyeon is dead worried for her. She witnessed everything, from her blooming feelings until her downfall.



 

She just wants to see Eunbi smiling again, so genuinely and happily.




 




 

Eunbi met Kang Hyewon when she was in senior highschool while the latter was in junior highschool. Their first encounter wasn’t ideal but Eunbi could still perfectly remember it— after all, it was the first time her heart fluttered for a person, and not for a fictional one.



 

Hyewon was not really that popular around, she was also antisocial and quiet kid but she could easily attract a crowd because of her charismatic vibes, attractive features, charming yet mysterious aura, and her family name. Even with a cold demeanor and behavior, she could still gather people to stare at her. That was the reason why she tried her best to be unnoticable— by not socializing and hiding in the shadows.



 

Meanwhile, Eunbi could say that she was known around, but not to that extent where a crowd will gather on the school gates and wait for her, just to take a glimpse— well, she won a lot of writing and essay contests in her school and because of her beauty and proportions, also her gentleness and kindness kind of attracted a lot of people— and so, she became the people’s sweetheart. She had a quite number of admirers but she never really gave them attention or anything because she was too occupied with her studies and of course, writing and books.



 

They met coincidentally when Eunbi was on the way home to school after reading some fictional books in the library. It was already dusk that time, and the school library was almost empty.



 

“Hmm, I should go home now.” Eunbi whispered to herself after taking a glance at the dim window before closing the book that she was currently reading and stood up. She went to the fiction section and placed the book where it was placed earlier, and finally decided to exit the quiet place.



 

However, before she could even reach the end of the aisle, she felt a presence behind her— and she might say that this person is too close, so close. And barely a second after, she felt something on her sides which made her shriek and panic— smacking the person who attempted to harass her.



 

“Ow!” The unknown person exclaimed, holding her face and groaned, obviously in pain— she did hit her hard. Eunbi took a few steps backwards. “W-Why did you touch me!?” She asked, obviously horrified— she could feel her tears welling up in her eyes.



 

“Chill out, woman!” The stranger said and rolled her eyes but soon after it widened upon realizing. “I’m just trying to help you,” She replied in a low tone. She must’ve realized that she was still in the library and she could not afford to be kicked out by the librarian for shouting.



 

“W-What help!?” Eunbi, however, still asked with a raised volume. “You touched me without my consent, I will report you—”



 

“Oh woman, you have a blood stain on your skirt.” The taller stranger pointed out, cutting her off. Eunbi froze before starting to move, desperately trying to see the back of her skirt and it indeed has a blood stain. “!” She cussed that’s why she felt so weird earlier.



 

“Yeah, I was about to cover it with my jacket since there’s some people outside. Just trying to help you.” The other girl explained, huffing, showing her black jacket. “But I got a smack from you instead.” She lightly snickered.



 

Eunbi’s eyes narrowed. “Well, maybe if you just told me! Of course, I would be alarmed, you suddenly appeared from behind and tried to grab my sides.” She fired back, glaring. The stranger hummed, realizing something. “Fair point. Sorry, my first instinct is to cover it immediately.” She said and shrugged, walking closer to Eunbi again and much to the latter’s shock, the taller girl tied the jacket’s sleeves together around her waist, allowing for it to cover her stained skirt.



 

Flutters. Her heart felt flutters. It was like she just read her favorite romance clichè book. The action made her cheeks warm, their close proximity didn’t help too. She felt so giddy, her nose caught a whiff of this stranger’s nice and pleasant scent of jasmine.



 

Much to her dismay, the latter leaned away too quickly after securing that it’s tightly tied and wouldn’t fall off. “This would do.” She whispered and their eyes met. Eunbi saw how the stranger froze for a bit too before regaining her composure, the light red tint spreading through the tip of her ears caught Eunbi’s attention.



 

“J-Just… give me that back tomorrow.” The stranger stammered and cleared , scratching her head awkwardly. “I’m from class 2-A,” She said. “Kang Hyewon.” She introduced herself.



 

Eunbi didn’t get to respond back quickly since she was still trying to sink in what’s happening at that very moment, everything is going too fast. “Uhh... Kwon Eunbi,” She managed to respond back.



 

Hyewon nodded with a small smile. “I will expect you tomorrow, Eunbi-sunbaenim.” With a bow, the kind yet mysterious girl fled off before Eunbi could do something.



 

The older was left dumbfounded, very confused and intrigued at the same time. She could only clutch the sleeve of the scarlet jacket and think of that attractive girl that saved her from further embarrassment as she walked home.



 

“Kang Hyewon from class 2-A…”




 

The day after, she nervously went to Hyewon’s class and gave the jacket back, newly washed. And that’s not all—



 

“Hyewon-ssi,” Eunbi called out, surprisingly, she didn’t stammer. “Can I treat you for some lunch? Just paying you back for saving me.” She offered. She thought Hyewon would refuse, after all, the taller student was not really fond of eating at the cafeteria (she heard a lot of gossips from Yuri) but much to her shock again, Hyewon smiled— and wow, she has a very charming smile (Eunbi panicked that moment)— and answered, “Sure.”



 

And that was the start.




 




 

“My favorite part of the story is when Maddison and Heather met!”



 

Eunbi snapped back in reality, her attention fully turning to the excited woman in front of her. She cracked up a smile. “Really?” She asked the seemingly giddy younger girl. “Yes! The way they met is so unique, not really that romantic but it made me feel things!” She excitedly shared. Eunbi snorted in amusement and finally decided to put her full attention to the excited reader and fan of her works.



 

Zoning out is already common for her, especially just to reminisce some happy memories that makes her heart ache yet rattle in joy. She almost forgot that she’s currently in the company, publishing company to be exact. She just met with the CEO and basically her boss, Myoui Mina— and also, some executives. They talked about some matters, publishing and stuff.



 

However, after the small meeting. Mina’s cousin, Jang Wonyoung, and a huge fan of Eunbi’s books suddenly appeared and asked if she could get an autograph from her. The author doesn’t have the guts to refuse, even if she’s already tired and drained, Wonyoung seemed so happy to see her and talk with her. Plus, she’s a very cheerful and lovable girl.



 

“I can’t wait for my own Heather to save me too! I should sometimes purposely put red food coloring on my skirt and let the magic happen,” Wonyoung said dreamily, liking the plan which made Eunbi chuckle. “Dear, your love will come into your life, naturally. Just wait patiently,” She gently said which made Wonyoung pout.



 

“Didn’t I tell you before? Everyone has a different story in life, you can’t get yours by purposely copying one’s destiny.” Eunbi added further with a small smile. “You will find your destined one in the right time, right place, and right moment. Romantic or not, it won’t matter.”



 

Wonyoung pouted and nodded after, her eyes sparkling. “You’re really such a hopeless romantic, dear author.” She exclaimed and they both chuckled. “But okay, I will wait then! Hmm, hopefully she would arrive faster, I’m an impatient person.” She said, giggling afterwards.



 

Eunbi shook her head in amusement before finally writing her signature to the first page of the book and closed it. Wonyoung then hummed. “I wonder,” She started off. “Have you already found your ‘the one’?” She asked and Eunbi froze for a bit.



 

“I mean, you never really exclusively answered any questions regarding your lovelife. We only know those baseless rumors but it would be better to know it from you.” She mumbled with a small pout. 



 

Eunbi laughed, well it was true anyway, she refused to answer some questions regarding her love life. But here she is, publishing a whole book that is basically about her story with her ex-lover.



 

Yes, her major hit, Endless— is based on her real life experiences. It’s like Eunbi’s diary, everything about that book revolves around her and Hyewon’s story throughout their beautiful yet tragic love.



 

After their painful break-up two years ago, Eunbi wrote every experiences and memories she had with Hyewon, thinking it might give her closure if she will write it down as a book and ready to let it go, let it remain as a lesson and wonderful memory to her— too bad, until now, she couldn’t let go. She’s still madly in love with Kang Hyewon.



 

After getting Hyewon’s approval if she could publish it, she decided to share it to people— to give her readers some content and lessons. This would be the first story that she wrote that has a tragic ending that’s why it created a buzz, especially with her medium sized fanbase. She never really expected the increasing and rapid sales, lots of demands for it to be reprinted. People somehow found the story very entertaining and romantic, even if it has a tragic ending. It’s a masterpiece, they said and even more entertaining to read than the world's best selling novels.



 

She gathered a lot of attention and achievements with that book, although she tried to keep everything lowkey since she’s not really fond of having a celebrity life, she just wants to write in peace.



 

“Can you wait for a few more hours?” Eunbi then responded after a few seconds of silence. Wonyoung blinked in confusion as she shifted her chair closer. “Pardon?”



 

The author then slyly smiled at the younger woman. “You’ll get your answers later at the interview.” She answered and it made Wonyoung gasp, leaning in closer to the woman as her eyes glimmered. “No way…” She muttered. “For real?”



 

Eunbi nodded bashfully. “Yes, I saw the questions for later and I decided to finally let you guys know about some stuff so y’all will be enlightened.” She said and finally gathered her things, and Wonyoung still had open. “See you later, Wonyoung-ssi.” She bid good bye with a smile and finally walked away, glancing on her watch. She has still two hours left before they go to the venue and prepare for the interview and signing event. It made her sigh.



 

After a quite while, she found herself at the van, with Chaeyeon beside her— scrolling through her iPad, must be checking some emails from other interested inquirers and many more.



 

The short haired woman got bored, and decided to grab the book she just saw lying down on the floor of the van. Endless, it says. Eunbi smiled, inspecting the book even if she already saw it for the thousand times. It only has a simple cover, light orange pastel with two animated figures at the bottom, looking at the beautiful twilight— the title is placed on the top. Simple but eye-catching enough, the synopsis can already intrigue people.



 

She opened it, page 57. She just randomly opened it, and started to read it— a smile forming on her lips instantly. She just randomly landed on the scene where Maddison started to finally realize her blooming feelings for Heather after almost a year of being friends with her. That Heather was, is, indeed special. And since Maddison was a impulsive yet panicked gay, she blurted a sudden confession when they were at the playground near their neighborhood— she was waiting for her friend there because they planned to have a morning jog.



 

Her heart’s pace quickened, feeling giddy as she read the whole scene, also reminiscing memories as she did so.




 

Okay, Eunbi, take a deep breath. It’s just Hyewon, oh my god— It’s Hyewon!



 

It has been three months or so since she finally accepted these feelings that she could only feel whenever she’s with Hyewon. These were literally the feelings that were always described in romance books, and feelings that she always writes too in her works— even though she never experienced it until Kang Hyewon entered the picture.



 

She really feels like she is this protagonist character that she would write and all.



 

Kang Hyewon single heartedly crushed her fantasies, her already planned so-called love story with her prince charming all at once.



 

But much to her shock, she was not upset about it— well, the power of love maybe. Wait, when did she refer to this feeling as love? ! Maybe she does love Hyewon? Maybe she’s really in love? Wait, no, hold on! It can’t be, but hey, it’s possible. Ugh, what the hell Kwon Eunbi.



 

Eunbi couldn’t believe she was thinking like this while she was walking to their meeting place. Well, why was she surprised? She literally realized that she likes Hyewon while playing volleyball in their PE Class, resulting in her getting striked in the face with a ball.



 

With a sigh, she just slumped her shoulders in defeat, gently swinging herself— a soft creaking sound can be heard from the slightly rusty and old swing. She really couldn’t believe that this happened so suddenly, this wasn’t the future she wanted to have— to be hopelessly in love with this charming lady who always teases yet acts so sweet around her. And Hyewon is probably straight.



 

Eunbi doesn’t have any problems with having a relationship with a woman, even the society today doesn’t bat an eye anymore with it but y’know— this wasn’t supposed to happen! She had been dreaming for a freakishly loving prince charming all her life, so this was a shock to her.



 

She was too busy thinking too deeply that she didn’t even realize that Hyewon was literally in front of her, looking down at her, amused.



 

“Hey, Eunbi!”



 

“Jesus, I like Hyewon!”



 

Uhm, alright— that wasn’t supposed to happen. She was shocked, okay? And somehow, she blurted out those words because she was thinking about it. Now, this was not her ideal confession at all— she wanted to confess when they finally had their romantic date at the amusement park or something, then kiss there at the ferris wheel while fireworks were exploding in the background— not this sudden blurted out confession in the playground where they agreed to meet to have a early morning jog around.



 

Hyewon, as expected, was confused yet amused at the same time. As seconds flew by, the corner of her lips would tug upwards until she grins while Eunbi gets redder and redder out of embarrassment.



 

“Eunbi?” She asked, a teasing tone lying underneath. Her eyes sparkled and Eunbi slowly looked up, biting her lower lip, fidgeting hard in nervousness. “Is it true?”



 

Eunbi coughed, averting her gaze, her cheeks firing. “Haha,” She awkwardly laughed before clearing . “Yes?” She scratched her head shyly.



 

“You never fail to amuse me,” Hyewon exclaimed, in awe then tilted her head. Eunbi shivered at the intense gaze. “You’re really something.” She added then smiled widely, her eyes turning into full crescents which made Eunbi almost coo.



 

“In my defense,” The older started to blabber. “You suddenly surprised me while I was thinking about my feelings for you—” Eunbi covered upon realizing what she had just said, embarrassing herself further.



 

Hyewon just stared at her with a smile. Eunbi took a deep breath. “Just… forget everything that I just said and let’s stick with our original plans, sounds nice, right? Let’s finally jog, the sun will rise soon and it will burn our skin.” She asked, nodding along before standing up from the swing— trying to attempt for an escape but the younger girl didn’t let her.



 

Pushing her down back to the swing by the shoulders, Hyewon bent her back to match Eunbi’s eye level and held both of the chains of the swing— basically just trapping the older there at the seat, staring at Hyewon helplessly, her heart thumping so wildly.



 

“You think I could just easily pretend that you didn’t just confess to me so suddenly?” Hyewon whispered, leaning in a little bit closer which made Eunbi hiss and back off a bit, gulping.



 

The older girl’s breath hitched when Hyewon started to inch closer, her legs felt jelly and butterflies started to fill her stomach. Too close, she’s too close for Eunbi’s own good.



 

“Kwon Eunbi, say that again, please? Properly this time.” Hyewon whispered, now seriously— the playful smile on her lips was long gone. She was begging through her eyes. Eunbi was hypnotized by those mesmerizing orbs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter