Special OS 06: What is Love Story?

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Romance

Summary: Will universe allow you to rewritten your love story?

Word Count: 3840

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_WhatIsLoveStory

 

WHAT IS LOVE STORY?

by kmol91

 

She can’t be mad.

She can’t afford to be in stress. At least not for now. 

After a long week working her finishing pending tasks, and to count in the burden she got from the mess made by her new staffs on their first week at work.

Bruhh. What a life….

All she wants right now is to be one with her beloved pillow and lost in her dreamland. Weekend is waiting for her any minutes from now. Friday night should be her comfort zone. But in reality, her hand still holding onto steering with journey going home delayed by bad traffic. Turning her attention to the clock that show current time, 30 minutes to midnight. Dang!

“REALLY??!!! AN ACCIDENT AT THIS HOUR?!

Arghhhh!!!!!!

Why on earth an accident should take place during this time when people should be sleep?”

Sensing that the traffic won’t move much, she trying to kill the time playing with some mobile games. 

Think that it could lessen her boredom, low battery greets her.

“Wow!!! What a perfect ending for today!”

She sighs in loud voice while clapping her hand in sarcastic manner as if clowning her own self. Turning the radio with a pinch of hope there’s a frequency that could relaxing her mind even just a bit, she fingers stop at one particular channel. 

Her lips humming along with the song. The lyric hits her hard to be honest. 

 

All my memories, gather ‘round her

Miner’s lady, stranger to blue water

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky

Misty taste of moonshine, teardrops in my eyes

Country roads, take me home

To the place I belong

West ia, mountain momma

Take me home, country roads

 

And just like magic as it sound, the traffic begin to move smoothly but her lips didn’t stop singing to the song. The song that brings her back to certain piece of hidden memory she hold. Those special teenage memory.  

 

I hear her voice in the mornin’ hour she calls me 

Radio reminds me of my home far away

Drivin’ down the road I get a feelin’

That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

(John Denver – Take Me Home, Country Roads)

 

It’s almost 1 in the morning when she steps inside her shared apartment with her sister. The 30 years old system analyst stop by her sister’s room to check on her. 

Knocking sound was made to signal her entrance and a faint yes answered to the request.

“Chaewon-ah…have you eat?” 

The short-hair girl who was busy completing her weekly internship report nod weakly.

A big sigh of relief can be heard from the older. 

“Unnie…why I couldn’t reach you?” Chaewon ask in worry tone.

“My phone was out of battery and I couldn’t charge as I left my other USB on my desk. How was your first week of intern baby?”

Chaewon just smile in timid and Hyewon understand the meaning of it. 

“Aigoo… my baby so down. Is everything alright?”

Chaewon say nothing and just cling on her unnie like a spider monkey. The sibling share everything with a hug. All tiredness and emotion flow just like a river through the hug. The therapy that really needed by two of them, after a tired week. The bonding between the two really strong despite just being half-sister. Hyewon’s dad marry again with Chaewon’s mom when she turned 10 years old. Chaewon was only three and barely remember anything. The two grow up together with great bond. 

The family moved to Seoul when Chaewon need to received better treatment for her arrhythmia. Jeju was still a small town with less medical facilities during that time. 

It’s been a long time since Chaewon are fully heal yet they choose to stay in Seoul as more better opportunities awaiting them. 

And almost 15 years later, Jeju now is just part of their past.

And of course, a priceless past for Hyewon. She just can’t easily forget about her. 

 

 

 

On the other side of Seoul, a diligent woman still busy with her task overviewing endless report. It’s really a big challenge even after she secure the position for almost three years. But of course, she will make out of everything to prove that nothing is impossible when you have strong willing.

“Han Sunwoo, Ham Eunchae, KangYein, Kim Haneul, Kim Chae-

Dding!

The sound from kitchen stop her from whatever her doing. After make sure her cider and side meal were ready as well, she starts to slurp down the hot soupy instant noodle. To be honest, those pay cheque she received could afford her better meal. But to her, an expensive meal means nothing when you only have yourself on the table. Moving to Seoul indeed one big challenge at first place. Weekday and weekend almost bring no different back then just because the cost of living itself. But after she start to receive more benefit from company, Kwon Eunbi can finally suit herself in that metropolitan city. The executive assistant of Human Resource Department is everyone’s favourite they said. The cheerful and bright expression from her face is really something. Even back in hometown, the villagers always compliment that goddess features she have. 

People from her surrounding sometimes asking if she was hidden trainee from any entertainment company when she first move to Seoul. She can just chuckle at that memories whenever her head remember that. Not wanting to waste any amount of food, she finish everything then resume what she leaves behind.

“Kim Haneul, Kim Chaewon and lastly Park Jinhee. Seven interns in total? Well hopefully we can recruit more next time. Specially for marketing department.” 

And the last report she need to going through is the initial proposal for the company’s annual sport day. Summer is coming and that’s a really suitable timing as if it is also the time for welcoming the interns into the company. 

Several minutes into dawn and she begin to feel asleep. That’s how her weekend begin to be truth. Her life is actually plain. Have no close friend or colleague, that’s really how dull her life circle. Call her freak but to her, weekend is her comfort zone. Despite being a cheerful person, she is just home body that love silent. Like staring into wall for hours is really healing to her. If others call it wasting time, she named it as part of healing moment. At least, she feels safe.

 

At least, she feels protected. 

 

And at least, she feels so home.

 

 


 

Before Hyewon’s car make a move, Chaewon suddenly come back and knock on the window. 

“Unnie, I’m taking subway today. I have somewhere to stop by later.”

“How about dinner?”

“I will have one, together with my superiors. Ppaippaiii unnie~~”.

Just like a smitten parent, Hyewon smile like a fool watching her baby sister walking happily inside her workplace. She glad that the kid somehow become more cheerful since knowing someone named Yena during her sophomore year. The amount of happy virus spread by Yena never fail to amused the Kang household. 

Her right foot ready to step on the gas again but stop for second time when she heard like a vibrate sound. Her sharp sight notice Chaewon’s smartphone together with her lunch box. 

“Aigoo… my baby is just 23 years old. Tsk tsk. How come that brat forgot about her things easily.”

The owner of the black sedan fastened her steps inside the lobby and look for the information desk. At the same time, Eunbi also arrived and walk straight to the cafeteria section for her breakfast. Hyewon’s eyes wandering around the company interior design and somehow feeling amused by it. Her step stop at the information desk.

“Excuse me, can I just leave this here? My sister forgot about her phone and her lunch box.”

The receptionist in charge mask her blank look behind the wide smile.

“Can I know her name and which department she in?”

Just then, Hyewon suddenly realised something. This big company does not only hire one or two workers. Probably she just in rush till she forgot that part. And the problem doesn’t just end there. She does not really know which department her sister got into and the name KIM CHAEWON doesn’t just belong to her sister alone. Bruhh!

A glimpse of familiar shadow suddenly attracts her attention. 

That familiar deep eyes.

The way she walks, with hot matcha latte in her left hand.

And how her right hand fixing her bang.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter