13 Prophecy of Winter

KangBi Through The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance

Summary: Time once stood still in the midst of a wintry day in December. As Eunbi starts to doubt her choices in life, an Angel arrives to save her.

Word Count: 6723

Hashtag: #IntoTheKangBiVerse_ProphecyOfWinter

 

Prophecy of Winter

 

( A/N: Lines within the [ ] boundaries are dialogues between characters )

 

~~~

 

ACT I “Eunbi”   December 21st Where the sun is at its southernmost position To the wide horizons of heavens Signals the beginning of winter in the north; The year would soon come to an end Yet it still felt like the middle of March As time stood still for most of us Staying in our comfort zones   Snowy December, Above-average precipitation is in the forecast With a lot more work to do To combat the hardships of this season; Human civilizations near and far Wonder when and how Would the days go mild? To live throughout Winter in a comfortable manner   The year has been hard and difficult With a global pandemic far from the end Society must be careful Or face the dreadful consequences; One life of a young teenager Kwon Eunbi is what her mom named her Starts to doubt herself and the world And hopes to end this once and for all,   It began on a somewhat mild Spring Day As society was forced to lock down their premises Just to be mindful of everyone’s health And to end this chaos as soon as possible; As her life began to crumble The ongoing situation took an unpleasant toll With no one to be with Just her mind and her body   The mind can be your best friend, But it can be your enemy too Be careful of what your mind devours Or it will ravage your overall ego; Life is not easy for everyone With varying degrees of hardship and ease Now the world crumbles again Take extra precaution to the being inside you;   In this unfathomable quest for the light We must learn to adapt to the skirmishes of the unknown Be wary of who and what gives you support But it is our minds that govern it all; In a frosty window of her small bedroom Though fixed and has a neat appearance Eunbi’s mind is in havoc Asking whether it is still worth it to live.   Where did it all go wrong? It seemed like it was a perfect life  Around 2 winters ago, Where everything was in favor of her; The pillars of everyday surroundings Were in stable places to support her Physically and emotionally, Impeccable to an extent   What do we expect? Life never fails to surprise us In an unfair and unjust manner One moment you’re it but not anymore; It loves to see us suffer Yet it also loves to see others thrive What would be the purpose of this trial? Would it make us strong as a person?   As it continuously takes an effect on our minds, We never help but to feel sorry, Sorry for our unprepared selves With no armor against the chaos of our inner war;  2 winters ago, Felt like a fever dream With twists and turns of life Has changed Eunbi inside and out   As snowflakes began to drop, The last of an Autumn leaf made its way  On the frosty window of her bedroom Reflecting on the events from a previous Autumn; “Come on, smile my darling!” A camera flashes onto a young girl Who owns the perfect pearly smile. “Happy Birthday my Eunbi!”   She smiled At this little tidbit of a memory As her eyes reflected The cloudy gray atmosphere of the outside; It was the beginning of Autumn As young Eunbi turns sixteen With an abundance of happiness felt Thanks to her family & friend’s support   “Happy Birthday!” “Thank you so much!” The words repeated every single second But not an ounce of care in one of them; She knew that the greetings were half-baked But she wanted to deny those facts She just wants to be happy For the longest time, there is   As time goes by, She finally acknowledged the mistreatments From her once friends and families With the guidance of her mind; It was herself who decided To finally be alone from this mess To detach from those snakes who knew nothing And weren’t totally understanding for who she is   At the mere age of seventeen, She thought it would be the best time to leave As she packs her bags to a Goshiwon Aided by the savings of her part-time jobs; Now it was just her mind and herself, Whom she thought would be the closest best friends, But just like a slithering snake Eventually turned into her worst enemy.   Every day is a constant battle Every second, every minute, every hour Constant worries and anxieties charges towards her pitiful ego As if it wants Eunbi to surrender herself; A trip to a therapist nearby could help But afraid that her part-time fees cannot pay She vows to fight her consistent battles alone Despite the obvious chances of her losing to it.   Now the snowfall has gotten a lot heavier, Somewhat feels like a severe snowstorm As she finally decides to surrender herself To her worst enemy out there; She carefully dresses herself Just like a normal passerby Unbeknownst to everyone That she is losing her battle   Normal thermal underwear, Sweater, Hoodie, and a thick woven winter coat, Nothing unusual for it to be acknowledged, Just to protect her from the freezing temperatures; It took a moment for her to pick herself up As she just doesn’t want to give up Yet there is no hope for her anymore And lets her tears fall down from her eye.   As the sun starts to set She bids farewell towards her tiny house As she wore her mask  And goes off to the middle of nowhere; In her quick walk outside  She witnesses families eating out together, Friends singing their heart out Despite the turbulent blizzard outdoors   Hers was far from reality, The snow still keeps on pouring With no maps to guide her to her destination She reminisces her final moments in life; Though still early at 6 pm It felt more like the dead of midnight The air felt chillier than ever With no warmth to creep in her trembling body   Her senses and intuition lead her Towards a land, no one knows Step by step, Hiked her way towards the top of a mountain; Covered by the bare winter trees With no signs of vegetation; Only a frozen lake and frosty land insight As cold as her heart, no warmth at all   In a sense of amazement, The place used to be a plethora of biodiversity Just like herself 2 winters ago, But as the sun gradually sets southward The response got quite exhausted In a metaphor to her situation Scoffs off on how the outside mirrors her life As cold as her heart, no warmth at all indeed   Laying down in the bed of decomposed leaves She tries to bid farewell Shivering in her thick winter outfit As her body suffers just to get her heated; She glances over the sky one last time As the snow slowly piles up over her freezing body “Goodbye cruel world,” she said And settles on the hidden ground   *Shhhhhh…*   *As the whistle blows over,*   *A balmy Spring breeze flows through,*   *And a glimmering light makes a surprise*


 

~~~~~~

 

ACT II “Hyewon”   The light of a neverending tunnel Never fails to make us relieved  After all the hardships we’ve been through It would be nice to grasp a taste of mercy; The hallways, though scream royalty and luxury But life is nowhere to be found Only the royal gargoyles somewhat give off a soul No noise, just a sense of serenity and peace   One Spring day, A young girl makes through the said hallway With no idea what was going on Holding a piece of a beautiful flower; Walking through the hallway With uncertainties piling up The gift to the youth is curiosity And the girl utilized it well   Her legs don’t show signs of tiredness As her eagerness to see the light Keeps her momentum Though it seems like time shows no sign of moving; At last, passing through the bright light Her eyes were filled with a golden aura Her lips give off a graceful curve Setting her emotions with bliss   It is June 21st Where the sun is at its northernmost position To the wide horizons of the heavens Signals the start of summer at the north; All the elements of this day Were perfect despite the high UV Index A flawless mix of warmth and comfort Gives the place a magnificent glow   What is in store in front of her Lies a serene garden Filled with plenty of life and biodiversity To welcome all pillars of Biology; The sun gladly gives off its warmth Showering the plants with love and care, Makes the caretaker happy and contented, Thanks to her collective efforts in the past   She walks down the aisle of nature As she checks out the conditions of her garden With such alluring beauty to hold More than an angel, Hyewon is her name; Taking care of the Royal Palace’s garden She has served her duty since young No matter what season, Her garden blooms out accordingly   What led her to become one, Is still shrouded in mystery But what’s important  Is to focus on the present only; Not to adhere to the woes of the past Nor to be anxious about the future As long as one has learned all it’s lessons And prepares itself for the upcoming   The heat gradually dissipates To make way for the chilly winds of Autumn Hyewon must once again brace for the change As her garden will wither once more; But she needs not to worry On a particular showcase hidden within The wide territories of Donghwa Palace Lies an exceptional type of a flower   The same flower she has been carrying  At the time she first walked within The lonely hallways of Royal Palace Donghwa Which gave her comfort as an anxious young girl; It was somehow preserved in a glass cage Accompanied by the Queen of all Angels The most treasured item of all existence, The everlasting flower that holds a meaning   The one that isn’t affected by weather changes, Temperature, humidity, Rainfall, No matter what season, It shows off its dazzling array of colors; But in recent months, It has been withering quite noticeably No matter what type of nutrition and care, It just gives up by itself   Wondering what could be the reason, The angel walks through the lonely hallways again This time, carrying over the withering flower In hopes to save it again; The Queen is mostly hidden from sight And there would be no need for them to meet her, But she is willing to help her Angels in need In order to make every servant happy   At the end of a long journey, A huge golden door awaits those in need Just a single knock in the luxurious entrance Shall make it open wide and free; The Angel musters up her courage And gently knocks on the door It opens up to reveal the grand interior As the Queen gloriously sits on her royal throne   [“Whom'st've been needing for my help?”] [“Nice Day, Queen Kkura”] [“Nice Day too, Angel Hyewon”] [“I would be needing assistance for my concern, Queen”]; Queen Kkura looks back and leads Towards an item of comfortable furniture to sit on Her loyal servant delivers both a cup of tea Warm enough to provide the utmost pleasure   [“Queen, I’m afraid my flower would wither Despite giving it proper care for many years, Would there be any way To bring it to salvation?”]; In which the Queen replies, [“In order to fix something, You need to dive deep into the depths  Of the foundation called the past”]   [“Have you remembered a single ounce Of memory that led you to be here?”] [“I’m afraid that I couldn’t quite recall The memories of a once wee little girl”]; [“Are you ever curious to find out, The foundations of your duty In this Royal Place called Hwansang?”] The Angel sat in silence.   [ “I am not quite interested Even for a bit my Queen, You see, I am currently focusing On improving the present  In order to produce a bright future” ]; [ “Delightful insight, yet In order to save your flower from doom I must narrate to you your beginnings.” ]   Time moved for a while In their lengthy conversation Her eyes were swollen like a full whale With tears streaming down her delicate image; As sparkling as the night sky Those tears hold a significant meaning As she hears her tragic backstory From the remnants of a once miniature Angel   [ “In order for you to redeem your flower, You must go down into the base of your existence Find the one in dire of your help To redeem her from darkness” ]; [ “I’m concerned for myself, my Queen, Would I make it through the mission?” ] [ “Don’t worry my Angel,  You are indeed in good hands” ]   [ “I shall provide you with needs and wants In a bustling world called Hwansang I will surely educate you  About the systems of the said world; With this, I’ll bless you with sheer courage As I know you have the capability To make such plants and trees  Evermore exquisite than ever” ]   [ “On the night of the December Solstice, She might bid farewell to her soul, Prepare yourself for the outcome And do your best to save her existence; Glow bright, shine bright Give her warmth in the dead of cold Make her feel as if it were at the end of Spring And provide ultimate comfort to her pitiful self” ]

 

~~~~~

ACT III “KangBi”   *As the snow keeps on falling,*   *It suddenly paused*   *With snowflakes stuck in the air*   *A gentle hum echoes around the area*   *Shhhhhh…*   *As the whistle blows over,*   *A balmy Spring breeze flows through,*   *And a glimmering light makes a surprise*   Inside her sloppy mind The once shivering Eunbi Finds herself within the walls of the Garden Though not knowing where and who; As she takes off her thick winter coat, She raises her arms to feel That sentimental feeling of having no worries, No anxieties, no problems, just living.   She feels as if someone were to approach her And it indeed gave Eunbi a remarkable hug from behind A hug to which she never knew she needed And didn’t even care who did that to her; Tears fell down on her delicate cheeks, As if the ice inside of her melted To flow in a state of liquid Towards her sparkling eyes   The hug ignited the warmth on Eunbi’s heart And felt a surge of care and love She had never felt before How could a stranger do this to her? At that moment she knew That it is still worthy to live Despite the ongoing chaos within us We just need to give a chance to forgive ourselves   She started to open her eyes once more And a spring breeze flowed through Around her lies the Garden of Donghwa The most beautiful garden she has ever seen; What she didn’t know The most beautiful goddess is right behind her Holding on towards Eunbi’s back tightly Muttering the words…   “Please don’t go”   “Please don’t go…”   The words continue to echo, and her eyesight starts to blur,   And plunged into darkness   She reawakens in her real world   Tears froze   But the hug, even if it was just a dream   Made her rethink her choices   The snowflakes still froze in the air, The land still as frosty and as gloomy as ever But it felt like Spring And the flower inside of her bloomed; She glances around her surroundings To see the light at the end of her tunnel Standing still is a silhouette of an angel Who vows to save her from distress   The warm energy gave her comfort And a reason to still keep ongoing She falls back to sleep once again, To regain the energy lost in the winter air; She finds herself walking in the garden again This time appreciating all the flowers, A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter