The New Guy

The Best of Me

Yoongi open his bedroom and let Jihyo inside. She look very down and about to cry again.

Jihyo did not go home straight to her house because she felt embarrassed and disappointed to herself for failing the audition.

As they enter inside luckily Yoongi's mom is not here because she is working overtime. He place Jihyo stuff at the ground and let Jihyo sit on his bed.

"I just go cook the ramen. Lay in my bed for a bit please" He softly say to Jihyo who look preoccupied. Then a few seconds she look at him and slowly lay on his bed.

Then Yoongi went to the kitchen to cook the ramen he bought after he go to school. He also brought a slice cheese and a 1 piece of strawberry tart from a cafe near the school.

After a few minutes the noodles is now cook. He bought the food inside his room and put everything on the ground.

Jihyo stood up and went to the ground with him. She gave him a sad smile and began eating.

"Thank you for the food Oppa" She said trying to sound cheerful but failed miserably.

Yoongi just throw her a small smile and began eating with her.

The whole time they are eating is so silent. The jolly Jihyo is not present. Yoongi heart is also breaking seeing her like that. 

He cant bare to see her cry.

He wanted to make her smile so bad.

After eating Yoongi kept on suggesting things to cheer her up.

"Jihyo i forgot to buy the ice cream but if you really want it we can buy it now in the nearby store. I think late night walks will help you calm and feel a bit okey" He suggested.

"Okey oppa. Let's go" She answer but before they could go Yoongi grab her hand and let her sit for a while.

He pick up his phone and try to call someone.

"I need to inform your parents first. Ofcourse they are worrying too" He said then the other line answer the call.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Park, i just want to inform that Jihyo is here at my house"

"Yes i pick her up from the bus station. Yes."

"Can i let her stay here for a bit more? I am planning to buy her ice cream right now to cheer her up"

"Youre welcome Mrs. Park. I will. Thank you for understand" Yoongi said then he kept on looking at her.

After the call he get his wallet and his ball cap.

He hold Jihyo hands to lead the way.

As they are walking on the empty street he notice her sobbing again. He smile a little and simply put the cap to her head.

This night is just so sad for Jihyo and Yoongi.

When the reach the store nearby he let Jihyo pick the Ice cream flavour. While she is picking he check his wallet and to his suprise he forgot that he spend most of his money this week. 

And the only money inside his wallet is only a dollar which can buy a single ice cream.

He tap Jihyo shoulder and when she turn around to look at him, he show the remaining money inside his wallet which suprisingly make her laugh.

Jihyo laugh and giggle so much that make Yoongi eyes wide and He cant help but be infect to her contagious cute laugh.

"Im sorry. I think we can only buy 1 ice cream right now" He said while chuckling at her that makes his eyes almost close.

"Lets just share Oppa hahaha youre hilarious and cute" Jihyo said and exhale loudly.

"Thank you for making me laugh Oppa" She said while locking a gaze with him. Jihyo felt a sudden butterfly in her stomach upon looking at each other.

"Come on lets pay for this" Yoongi suggested and they went to pay the ice cream.

While the two are now heading at home. Jihyo enjoy the ice cream she is eating and the cold breeze touching her skin as they walk.

"It feel so good. Im glad you invite me to go out" She said and stop for a bit, She look at the dark sky and focus on the moon.

Yoongi also stop walking and look at her. She is facing the sky.

"Do you think that i will be a famous idol someday oppa?" She ask him and still looking at the moon.

Yoongi hold her hands and whisper to her ear.

"You will be a famous vocalist. A well known gg of korea and successful someday. Dont give up." Then Jihyo face him. The distance between them is just so little.

Once again the two lock gaze and no one dare to say anything. 

Jihyo felt weird because she kept on having a weird spark.

Am i starting to fall for Yoongi Oppa? She thought to herself.

-

Next day have passed. Jihyo kind of overcome the pain and disappointed she feel to herself. She hope to feel better soon.

There are a lot of people who ask about her audition and somehow reminds her the words that judge said to her.

She feel like crying everytime she remember that. 

But that night she spend with Yoongi while they are walking in the cold night makes her believe in herself again.

She is really delighted that Yoongi think she will become a gg of korea someday. 

She is also very thankful of him because through her bad days he is always there to save her from the sad amd harsh reality.

"Okey class go back to your seats now and stay quiet" Their adviser said and a unfamiliar guy suddenly went inside.

He is tall maybe same height as Yoongi and look very handsome. He has a aura that scream a model or a male trainee from a huge company. 

He is smiling to everyone which make most of the girls in class squeal because of his amazing visual.

"Can you please introduce yourself mr." The teacher said and he nodded.

"Annyeonghaseyo I am Kim Yu Gyeom, I originally came from Gyeonggi-do. I hope to get along with everyone" He said which makes the girls even more fall for him. 

He smile alot, look very nice and friendly.

"Okey thats fine. Uhmm since you transfer here a bit late i guess you dont have a choice but to sit at the back next to Jeolla, who doesnt own a seatmate" When the teacher said that the whole class whistle and look at Jeolla who is Jihyo's friend and everyone make fun of her.

She immediately blush and slap her friends infront which is Jihyo and some of their girl friends.

But Jihyo is still not yet the all smiley type. She just look at the new student and did not join the commotion.

"Okey everyone shut up now. And please make Mr. Kim feel well" After that the class resume and goes on.

"Jihyo its fine. its fine. Dont worrt my birthday party is almost here and we will be partying soon" Her seatmate Yura said trying to cheer her up and Jeolla poke her back.

The sitting position of the girls are at the last row is Kim Yugyeom and Jeolla, while Jihyo sit infront of Jeolla and Yura is in front of Yugyeom.

"I will introduce you to my guy friends from other school and find you a boyfriend to make you all smiley again" Jeolla joke as laugh to her joke.

Since Yugyeom is Jeolla's seatmate, ofcourse he hear the conversation of the girls and look who is Jihyo. 

Jihyo turn around and softly punch Jeolla's shoulder.

Yugyeom stare at her and notice that Jihyo is very pretty.

"Yah i dont need boys to make me happy" She chuckle at her.

"You will Park Jihyo, after you meet one.I swear" Jeolla said and Yura and Jihyo laugh quietly.

"Jeolla,Yura,Jihyo and Yugyeom stop gossiping in class!!" The teacher suddenly interrupt their laughs which make the whole class look at them.

A bunch of whistle and murmur filled the room.

"Wooow they are already close to Yugyeom. Hhmmmppp"

"Yugyeom is really friendly i see"

"I wanna switch seats"

"My new crush huhu"

Most of the murmurs came from the girls who obviously like Yugyeom.

Yugyeom glare at the 3 girls who are gossiping infront of him that make him get called on.

The girls lower their heads and said sorry to Yugyeom.

-

Lunch finally arrive and the 3 girls felt sorry to what happened earlier in class. Yugyeom got called on his first time.

They plan to ask him to join them eat lunch together and say sorry. 

Once Jeolla approach him and ask if wanted to eat lunch with them. He said okey since he doesnt know anyone.

While the four are all sitted in the cafeteria and about to eat their lunch.

"Were very sorry about earlier" Jihyo speak up to the guy beside her. Then the girls did the same, they said they are sorry.

Yugyeom chuckle at the 3 girls who are cutely apologizing.

"I am not angry hahaha i just glare at you girls since i was shock i got included but i am not mad. Not at all" He reply laughing and biting to his food.

"Jinjja? I thought you are mad" Yura said and began to eat.

"We were just trying to cheer our friend here who felt very down since yesterday" Jeolla said sadly while trying to reach Jihyo's hair whos sitting infront of her. 

"Yahhh its okey but thanks girls. I appreciate you so much huhu" She replied as she almost sob again.

"Oh no.no. no." Yura and Jeolla quickly said.

"What happen to her? Did her boyfriend left her?" Yugyeom ask because he felt kinda confused. He think that They want to introduce a guy to this pretty girl to make happy.

That conclusion was based on the things he heard from them.

"What?? Noooo!!" Jihyo got shock to him and wave both of her hands to signify that its not.

The two girls laugh at Yugyeom.

"We wanted to make her happy because Our Jihyo here who is very talented did her audition yesterday but unfortunately she did not pass" Jeolla explain to Yugyeom who look very confused.

"Ahhhh i see. I thought your boyfriend left you or something like that" He said chuckling and nodding his head.

"We dont understand why Our Jihyo did not pass. Since she is very excellent in singing, dancing and she is also beautiful" Yura said that makes Jihyo stood up and pinch the girls.

"Yahhhhh youre making me fluster!! hahahaha stop it!" Jihyo said playfully.

Yugyeom just stare at the 3 girls who are joyfully interacting to each other. 

He cant help but smile at them because the 3 girls are very pretty, they are so playful and close to each other.

He cant help but wish to be close with them.

Jihyo went back to her seat next to Yugyeom.

"I think i can recommend some companies you can audition if you still wanted to pursue your dream" He said which makes the girls look at him.

"I knew it he look like a model to me" Jeolla said.

"Jinjja??" Jihyo eyes brighten and face him and He nodded.

On the other hand Yoongi and his friends are now heading at the cafeteria to eat lunch. His friends are usually talking while he is just walking silently with his infamous poker face.

"Annyeonghaseyo Yoongissi" A girl from a group of students said as they passed by. He just nod at her and went straight.

As they reach the Cafeteria he scan the whole room to see if Jihyo is already here eating.

Then he saw her. She is sitting next to a guy who is looking at her while they are smiling while talking. 

Yoongi's eyebrow raised and grow confusion on who is that guy. That 3 girls are usually eating by themselves sometimes some girls are joining but not guys.

Jihyo is feeling down since yesterday, even when they walk to school together this morning she is still not okey but suddenly...He thought.

Dont get him wrong he is glad that Jihyo is finally smiling.

He quickly excuse him to his friends and they already know where he is heading. 

Once Yoongi reach there table and Jihyo' back. He suddey put his hands on her shoulder.

He is not the type of clingy guy especially in public but he suddenly feel like it right now.

"Jihyo" He said which make Jihyo stop talking to Yugyeom and look behind her. 

When she saw who it was, she smile even brighter which makes Yoongi's heart tingle.

"Oh Oppa!" She said to him. Yoongi then face the guy beside her, to check who he is but his face is not familiar.

The unknown guy also look at Yoongi but Yoongi gave him his usual cold poker face which makes Yugyeom look at girls infront of her instead.

"Annyeonghaseyo Yoongi Oppa" Jeolla shyly greeted him because she told Jihyo that she find Yoongi as a very attractive guy who is snob which drives the girls go even crazier for him.

"Oppa????!!" She immediately look at Jeolla and gave her amused and disbelief look that makes Yura laugh at them.

"Annyeong Yoongi hyung!" Yura said to Yoongi and just nodded at them.

Yugyeom become silent and just watch them. He felt very out of place right now.

"Have you eat Oppa?" Jihyo ask but Yoongi just shook his head.

"I am going to visit Ace and Gray hyung after school to check the competition i told you about. Do you want to come with me later?" He ask which makes Jihyo excited because Yoongi rarely ask her to come with him especially to the place where he usually meet up with his hyungs and co-rappers.

"Really?? Okey i wanted to go. Wait for me, okey?" She replied and grin at him.

Yoongi just nodded at her and decided to go back to his friends and eat lunch.

Before walking away he simply at the unfamiliar guy and go.