Chapter 9

We Will Meet Again Someday

Two days later, as the boys were waiting in the dressing room of a tv station, they were playing and teasing one another.

 

            Xiah and Max weer playing around and accidentally bumped a small table where Derline had placed her bag.

 

            The small table tipped over and Derline's bag fell on the floor. As her bag fell, all the contents of her bag also scattered on the floor.

 

            “Oh no!” Xiah exclaimed.

 

            “It's your fault. You tried to tickle me,” Max said in defense.

 

            “Just put all her things back in her bag quickly before she returns,” Jaejoong said.

 

            Xiah and Max picked up Derline's belongings one by one. Then they noticed something that really caught their attention.

 

            “Hey guys! Look at this,” Xiah said as he showed them Derline's cellular phone. It was a Nokia Vertu.

 

            “Wow! What kind of phone is that?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “It's a Nokia Vertu,” Xiah replied.

 

            “A what?” Jaejoong asked with a loud voice.

 

            “Isn't that the phone we were just looking at the other day while we were browsing the internet?” Micky asked Jaejoong.

 

            “Yeah, that phone costs about $10,000,” Jaejoong answered.

 

            “How can she possibly afford to buy that?” Micky asked.

 

            “Maybe it's a gift or something,” Max said.

 

            “You're always defending her,” Micky said to Max.

 

            “Just put it back in her bag,” U-Know said to Xiah.

 

            Xiah immediately returned Derline's phone in her bag. They also fixed her bag and the table where she placed her bag.

 

            The boys were very curious as to how Derline acquired such an expensive phone. Many questions were running on the boys' minds.

 

            The day went by very quickly with the DBSK boys going from one interview to another.

 

            It was already evening when they got back to their hotel room. They were already watching a movie, when they started talking about Derline again.

 

            “I am really starting to get curious with Derline,” Xiah said.

 

            “Well isn't it a little bit strange for an ordinary person like her to be able to speak Russian. And then she even has a phone that even we can't afford,” Xiah commented.

 

            “Yeah, that's right,” Jaejoong also said.

 

            “Well, why don't we ask her how she got the phone if you're so interested,” Max said with sarcasm.

 

            “Asking her about her phone would be very rude. Then if we do that, we have to answer another question,” U-Know said.

 

            “And that is?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “How we were able to see her phone,” U-Know answered.

 

            “Oh...” Xiah and Jaejoong said in unison.

 

            “If we ask her about her phone, then we also have to tell her that her bag accidentally fell. And all her stuff were also scattered so we picked it up one by one, and that's when we saw her phone. And frankly, if it were me, I wouldn't believe that kind of story either. She might just end up thinking that we searched her bag,” U-Know said.

 

            “Then we certainly can't ask her,” Xiah said.

 

            “Why are you guys being so inquisitive all of a sudden? Has Micky's dislike of Derline also affected you guys?” Max asked irritated.

 

            “No, it's just that we're really curious about her. There seems to be a different side to her personality that we don't yet,” Jaejoong answered.

 

            “I am going to bed,” Max said.

 

            Micky, Jaejoong, Xiah and U-Know just watched as Max left.

 

            “What's wrong with him?” Xiah asked the others.

 

            “I am going to bed too,” Micky said all of a sudden.

 

            After Micky had left, Jaejoong suddenly sighed.

 

            “What is happening to our group?” Jaejoong asked with a loud sigh.

 

            “It seems everything is going into chaos,” Xiah answered.

 

            “Let's just all go to bed. Maybe we can think about it tomorrow,” U-Know said.

 

            “Yeah, let's all sleep already,” Jaejoong also said.

 

            As the boys went to sleep, they were still asking themselves who Derline really was.