Chapter 14

We Will Meet Again Someday

The doctors rushed inside Derline's room. As for the DBSK boys and Daniel, they were asked to step out of the room.

 

            As they were waiting outside, Max couldn't help himself from confronting Daniel.

 

            “Why did you have to be so cruel to Derline?” Max said angrily to Daniel.

 

            “I wasn't cruel. I was just being honest with my feelings. I wanted her to know and realize her mistake,” Daniel answered.

 

            “Honest? Are you mad? Are you trying to kill her? Didn't you see her? She was already very pale and yet you just kept on going,” Max said with a loud voice.

 

            The other DBSK members were already concerned that Max was going to hit Daniel. They have never seen Max so angry at any one. He was already clenching his fists in anger. U-Know tried to calm down Max. He wanted to drag Max away from Daniel. But Max wouldn't move.

 

            “I am not leaving in front of this room, not unless I know that Derline is alright,” he said in a very emotional voice.

 

            Micky, on the other hand, was very quiet. He was still trying to figure out if what was happening was real or not. He was very confused on what to say and what to think. He somehow couldn't accept the fact that the girl that he has been dreaming was none other than Derline. And he also couldn't accept the fact that he had been so cruel to the girl that he had once loved in his past life.

 

            “I am really very sorry that it all turns out this way. You're very lucky do you know that?” Daniel said to Micky.

 

            “What do you mean?” Micky asked coldly.

 

            “Derline has been having dreams since she was five years old. By the time she was six years old, she had gone to at least a hundred doctors just to cure her fear of sleeping. That's when she started to take sleeping pills. Imagine a six year old taking sleeping pills? There were times I would sleep with her on her bed and I would stay awake while she slept. Most of the time, she would wake up crying. She was saying that she was saying goodbye to a man and somehow it made her so sad. Her parents were so worried with her that they took her to different hospitals around the world just for a chance to cure her. But everything failed. Then her mother went to a psychic and somehow that psychic made her mother believe in what was really happening to Derline. As for her father and grandfather, they both didn't believe in destiny, souls and reincarnations. So they didn't believe that what Derline was dreaming about was the man she had loved and lost in a past life. Her condition continued until she was ten years old, that's when her parents died in a car accident. She was in a clinic being treated again and her parents were about to pick her up. Then in the middle of session she started crying, and she was saying that her parents were dead. The doctors thought that she was being hysterical but after an hour they found out that her parents were indeed dead. Everything started to change for her after that. Her grandfather started to believe in the supernatural stuffs. She was given more freedom afterwards. And the good thing was she wasn't treated differently anymore after that. By fourteen, she was already working as a commercial model. No one would actually believe that she had problems before when she was a child. By the time she was already sixteen, she was a well known model who was travelling the world. But then his grandfather stopped her from modeling after learning that while modeling she was constantly looking for you, Micky. She accepted many job offers from different companies from different parts of the world just to have the chance to look for you. When her grandfather stopped her from working as a model, she suddenly decided to pack up and leave. Good thing that Henry decided to stick with her. And he has been with her ever since,” Daniel narrated.

 

            “But why did her grandfather stopped her from being a model?” Xiah curiously asked.

 

            “Derline is the only living heiress of a multi-billion company tycoon. Her grandfather was being embarrassed that his one and only granddaughter was working as a model. Derline was already well off and she didn't need to work at all,” Daniel answered.

 

            “And that's the only reason why she ran away?” U-Know asked.

 

            “That was only one of the reasons. The main reason why she ran away was because her grandfather was forcing her to marry me,” Daniel answered honestly.

 

            The DBSK boys couldn't believe what they were hearing.

 

            “Derline didn't want to marry me. I was fine with that. She has always been looking for the man in her dreams. The one she says she had loved even without knowing who he is. Frankly I find it such a nonsense at first. But she has showed me how persistent she is in finding you. She said she wanted to meet the man in his dreams before her time runs out,” Daniel said.

 

            “What do you mean by saying before her time runs out?” Micky asked.

 

            “She has been sick since she was young. Yet she didn't really care much about her health. She was really fixed on finding you. When I asked her what her plans were about her sickness. She would always answer me that she was going to die anyway if she didn't find you, so she wasn't really concerned with it. What she was concerned about was to find you in the remaining time that she had,” Daniel said.

 

            “I can't understand what you're trying to say...” Micky said with confusion on his face.

 

            “Derline said that she has already seen how she will die when the time comes and she doesn't find you and the two of you don't end up together,” Daniel said in a bitter tone. 

 

            The DBSK boys were all stunned with what Daniel said. So what the old lady said was really true. The girl that Micky was supposed to meet also had a special gift.

 

            “Frankly, Micky .... I would trade places with you anytime. Do you know that I have loved her ever since we were small children. And even if hurts me to see her searching for you, I still tried to help her in anyway I can because I believe that's how a love should be shown and given. I don't expect her to love me in return for everything that I have done for her. But with you, I don't know what to say. I know I can't make you love her. But can't you even give her any credits? She has been looking for you all over the world for the past 6 years. And frankly not anyone can do what she did just to find you. She has gone through so many hardships and pains that I can't even imagine any ordinary girl can take<' Daniel said with a very sad voice.

 

            Micky was very silent. He was totally unable to think clearly. He didn't know what to say. He was feeling very sorry with the way he treated Derline but he knew it was already too late to regret now.

 

            “I don't know what to say either. But you can't expect me to just say that I love her when I don't,” Micky suddenly uttered.

 

            Everybody were shocked with what he said. Max and Daniel obviously didn't like what they heard.

 

            “Hyung are you still a human being?” Max said in amazement.

 

            “Don't expect me to give her something that I can't offer,” Micky said again.

 

            “Then she is really very pitiful,” Daniel said with a low voice.

 

            “I don't feel anything for her. And I don't want to force myself into something that I don't want and something that I totally despise,” Micky said in a very harsh tone.

 

            “Then if that's the way you are thinking, don't worry. I will be taking her immediately away from you. You have already given her enough heartaches already. I don't want her to suffer anymore. I know she will never agree to go with me unless she finishes her contract with you guys. So she still has less than two weeks as your assistant. After that, you will never see her again,” Daniel said with a straight tone.

 

            The other DBSK boys didn't want Derline to go.

 

            “Hyung....” Max said to Micky.

 

            Micky looked at Max. He was totally out of his mind.

 

            “What do you want me to do?” Micky asked Max in an irritated voice.

 

            “Can't you even give Derline a chance?” Max asked.

 

            “Do you even know what you are asking? You're asking me to lie?” Micky asked in disbelief.

 

            “Not lie... just give her a chance,” Max answered. His heart was already breaking into pieces as he was asking Micky to try to love Derline. He was feeling very pitiful. His heart was already thumping so hard that he feels it was going to explode any moment.

 

            “I don't really feel like talking anymore,” Micky said with a low voice. He was feeling very tired all of a sudden.

 

            “This is really getting out of hand,” U-Know said.

 

            “Let's just all relax for a few minutes ok? Maybe we can all think straight after calming down a bit,” Jaejoong said with a  calm voice. He was trying to break the tension that was forming between his friends.

 

            “Hyung, are you happy? What do you plan to do now? Now that you already know that the girl you have been dreaming about is actually the girl you have been despising all this time?” Max asked in total mockery.

 

            Micky got mad with what he heard. He knew what Max said was true. But he just couldn't accept that Max was throwing all the hard facts straight to his face. He didn't expect Max to be so brutal with him.

 

            “What are you mad about? Are you his boyfriend or something?” Micky asked Max coldly.

 

            Max was silent for a moment. “No, I'm not his boyfriend. But at least I can admit to myself that I like her unlike you. I can see that you're feeling something for her but you're just trying to hide it,” he said with a loud voice.

 

            “If you're so concerned with her, then she's all yours. I don't give a damn about her,” Micky shouted. He was already fed up with Max and everything that was happening.

 

 

            Max didn't like what Micky said. He immediately went straight to Micky and punched him straight in the face. Micky Knew Max was going to hit him. But he didn't even try to avoid his punch. He felt he deserved to be hit.

 

            Micky fell hard on the floor. Jaejoong, Xiah and U-Know were all shocked. They didn't expect that Max will actually hurt Micky. U-Know tried to move Max away from Micky while Jaejoong helped Micky to get up. Xiah was left in the middle of the two DBSK boys who were fighting.

 

            “Come on, guys. Stop this!” Xiah said.

 

            “I don't want to talk anymore,” Micky shouted. “Just leave me alone!”

           

            “If you're gonna be like that, then I don't want to be friends with you anymore,” Max shouted.

He suddenly walked out on all of his friends.

 

            “I don't give a damn if you don't want to be friends with me anymore,” Micky shouted back as he also walked out in the opposite direction.

 

            Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know were left standing in the middle. They were very confused on what just happened.

 

            Daniel, on the other hand, was suddenly summoned to enter Derline's room. The three remaining DBSK boys were left standing outside her room still wondering what will happen to their group, now that two of them are in a feud.