Chapter 18

We Will Meet Again Someday

 

After being delayed for almost thirty minutes, the DBSK boys finally reached their destination. Derline was already waiting patiently on the parking area. She had heard that the bus had to stop for a while because Micky was sick. She was very concerned about how Micky was doing.

 

            As soon as the bus stopped, Derline immediately climbed on board. She found Micky sitting on the second row looking kind of pale. He was somehow resting. She wanted to talk to him. But she was afraid that he would get mad with her. She decided to talk with Jaejoong instead.

 

            “How is he?” she asked Jaejoong.

 

            “He just had a bad dream again,” Jaejoong replied.

 

            “I see,” Derline said with a sad voice.

 

            While Derline and Jaejoong were talking, Micky was already watching them. He wanted to talk with Derline but he didn't know what to say. He was thinking of all the bad things that he had done and said to her. He was really mad with himself.

 

            Derline looked at Micky, and their eyes met. Micky felt a very warm feeling rushing through his whole body as they both looked at each other. At that moment as if the whole world stopped.

 

            Max saw how Derline and Micky looked at each other. He felt his heart was slowly breaking into tiny pieces. But even if he was hurting, he was thankful that Micky was somehow changing towards Derline. He was certainly willing to give Derline up as long she was happy.

 

            Derline was about to approach Micky when the group of female dancers suddenly dragged her away. They wanted Derline to show them around the beach house. Micky just watched as the girls took Derline with them.

 

 

            An hour passed and everything was already set for the photo shoot. The DBSK boys were very as usual. And even if Micky wasn't feeling well, he still continued to work. Derline just watched as the DBSK boys worked. She was very concerned with Micky but she couldn't do anything.

 

            Dinner time came and Derline had already prepared a big feast for everyone. Their meal had been arranged outside the house beside the pool. Everyone was very impressed. The place was well fixed as if they were in a hotel. There were at least 12 round tables arranged around the big pool complete with candles, flowers and wine glasses. There was also a big sound system that was already playing one of the DBSK songs. Everything was well arranged and there were even waiters giving their food and refilling their drinks. After having a very satisfying meal, everyone decided to rest for a while and have some fun.

 

            “Hey how about we do some dancing?” one of the male dancers asked the other dancers.

 

            “Yeah,” they all agreed

 

            A big portion in the garden area was cleared to make way for the dancers. One of the dancers changed the music and the male dancers started to dance. The song “Balloons” started to play.


During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers beautiful memories

 My dream as a child was to ride a yellow balloon and fly high into the sky
I forgot about that small dream and lived till now because I grew up too much

But when I’m miserable I want to run around and play like a child
 Filling a balloon full of my small dreams

During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers beautiful memories

I can’t understand why tears come out when I look at the sky
 I wonder why you forgot the tiny childhood when you become an adult

At times I too want to just fly high into the sky
 With my forgotten dreams and memories

During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers beautiful memories

Lal-la-la-la-la lal-la-la-la-la lal-la-la-la-la lal-la-la-la-la lal-lal-lal-la la-la-la
Though time passes  Though I forgot
Will it be possible to contain it in the yellow balloon

During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream about riding a balloon and flying
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky, my heart remembers beautiful memories

 

            After the boys, the girls also danced as well. Another song played, this time “Hiyaya” was heard.

 

Under the bright sun, it's just the two us (two of us)
With a small bag, let's go away together (go away)

Beyond the window of the the racing car, the blue ocean is wide open (near me)
By my side, you've already fallen asleep like an angel.

*Dancing in summer paradise, I love you, Hi ya ya ya
Always remember our memories in the summer.
We'll have to act quickly, so it may be awkward.
I love you, forever come with me.

Over the white sand, you're walking towards me (towards me)
Your image is blinding, so I can't look at you right away (with you)

While we walk together, feeling the breeze (see my smile)
I'm worried you'll hear my heart racing
Till the end of time...

*Dancing in summer paradise, I love you, Hi ya ya ya
Always remember our memories in the summer.
We'll have to act quickly, so it may be awkward.
I love you, forever come with me.

Even after ten years pass, your exact features
Will always be with me without a change.
I hope they will, till the end of time...

Always be happy together, I love you Hi ya ya ya
The endless skies with congratulate us

 

            Everyone was very entertained with what was going on except for Micky and Max. The table they were sitting at was facing the table that Derline and Daniel using. So they could easily see what the two were doing. Daniel was always whispering something to Derline. This somehow made Max and Micky very jealous.

 

            Daniel had already noticed the way that Max and Micky were looking at them. So he was using the opportunity to provoke Micky to admit to his feelings for Derline. He wanted to make Micky very jealous to the point that he couldn't deny his true feelings anymore.

 

            Suddenly one of the female dancers dragged Derline from her table to where the other female dancers were waiting for their song to play. The DBSK boys were very surprised. They thought that Derline might get embarrassed or something. Since all the girls she was with were all professional dancers. Max wanted to stop Derline, but she obviously very willing to dance.

 

            Within a few minutes, the music “Choosey Lover” started to play. The female dancers somehow were teaching Derline the proper moves and within seconds she was already catching up with them.

           

Your dance appears like a dance from a fallen angel

I thank your parents for this important intangible cultural asset

I wonder how you knew all the flexible moves

In some way or other, I want to add to this competition

 

Nothing comes close but your choosey lover

There’s nourishment that has all kinds of stimuli

Nothing comes close but your choosey lover

Hey, gotta make you mine

 

Please, come and dance with me

Tease, with your smile

So that I abandon everything

Please, those eyes,

Bright, I want to gaze at them

Choose only me, love, without being perplexed

 

 

                The female dancers somehow were teaching Derline the proper moves and within seconds she was already catching up with them.The boys who were watching the girls dance were very impressed with Derline. She was obviously a very good dancer.

 

If I was your ‘papa,’

I would have banned you from going out because of your dangerous beauty

The sparkling golden chain on your soft skin,

It’s to the point where I’m jealous of jewelry, and I have withdrawal symptoms

 

Nothing comes close but your choosey lover

There’s nourishment that has all kinds of stimuli

Nothing comes close but your choosey lover

Hey, gotta make you mine

 

Please, don’t make me beg,

Tease, with your glance,

Like this, wishing for everything

Please, until the daybreak

Tight, hold me close

I’m in a dream-like state from your lips, before this point

 

Please, let me take you there

Tease, through your smile

You give me everything

Please, until the end

Right, because it’s different

Give only me love, for sure tonight

 

Choose me baby uh

y lady uh

 

                As Derline danced, Micky watched her with a loving stare. She was very beautiful and y. He was very jealous that the other guys with him were able to her dance in such a y manner. He wanted to stop Derline from dancing. And he also wanted to just drag her out and talk privately with her already. He had so many things to tell her, so many things to ask her. He didn't even know where to start.

 

We got this dance music right

Move you right, the bass is tight

East 2 west, north, south and all

Everybody

We got this dance music right

Move you right, the bass is tight

East 2 west, north, south and all

 

Nothing comes close but your choosey lover

There’s nourishment that has all kinds of stimuli

Nothing comes close but your choosey lover

Hey, gotta make you mine

 

Please, don’t make me beg,

Tease, with your glance,

Like this, wishing for everything

Please, until the daybreak

Tight, hold me close

I’m in a dream-like state from your lips, before this point

 

Please, let me take you there

Tease, through your smile

You give me everything

Please, until the end

Right, because it’s different

Give only me love, for sure tonight

               

 

            The dance finished and everyone just applauded. Everyone praised Derline. And the manager of the DBSK boys even asked Derline for another dance. The DBSK boys were very concerned with Derline. They didn't know if it was okay for her dance with her condition.

 

            Max immediately went straight to Daniel.

 

            “Why are you allowing Derline to dance? Isn't it bad for her to get tired? Are you forgetting that she was just in the hospital yesterday?” Max asked with irritation.

 

            “She's fine. Don't worry. She can handle a little dancing,” Daniel replied with a smile.

 

            “You're really something!” Max said as he left.

 

            He went to straight to Derline. “You shouldn't be dancing,” he said.

 

            Derline smiled at him sweetly. “You're very sweet. Don't worry. I'm okay. I promise I will stop when I am already tired. How about we dance?” Derline dragged Max in the middle of the female dancers. She then whispered something to one of the female dancers. The girl smiled and nodded.

 

            Within minutes, a new song was starting to play. Max was very nervous as he held Derline. He didn't know what to say but he was obviously very happy to have the chance to dance with Derline. Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know didn't know what to do, they could see that Micky was hurting because of Max. And yet they couldn't confront Max either because confronting him might hurt him also. They were all torn between their two friends.

               

Hey! Girl y lover.. Can't take my eyes off you whenever I'm next to you

With no reason, just that happy smile.. Yeah

(Such beauty that cannot be compared)

Because you're so perfect from the tip of your head all the way to your toes and, ([Xiah] I love you)

You have taken away all of my soul

 

*Hey, girl When you're by my side I am complete as a man

You can have the energy, the world in front of me is fair Hey, girl

(Hey, girl) You can plant the last of our love

Never change now With me, Eternally.

 

            And  as the music started, everyone dancing before left until Max and Derline were left alone  in the middle. Micky felt that his heart had suddenly stopped beating. Max was holding Derline very closely. He was feeling as if

 

The words I want to tell you, a man's heart has only one love

(You can't erase the remnants)

Come inside my heart, you have become every part of me

(Even my eyes, my steps)

Because I only look at you Hey, girl

 

*Hey, girl When you're by my side I am complete as a man

You can have the energy, the world in front of me is fair Hey, girl

(Hey, girl) You can plant the last of our love

Never change now With me, Eternally..

 

The people who say there is no such thing as an everlasting love

Those that don't even have that kind of confidence

In one's life, If true love comes, when that time comes I will know Girl

The one that can take Part of my heart

 

            As Derline and Max danced, everyone who was watching them were saying different comments. The DBSK boys couldn't help but hear them. Micky didn't want to listen to the things they were saying because it was hurting him but he also couldn't help it.

 

            “Max sure is perfect with Derline,” one of the male crew said.

 

            “Yeah, they sure look like they're very close,” another man commented.

 

            “Those two are a perfect couple. They both look so good together,” one of the assistant photographers commented.

 

            “How about we do some sample photo shoots with Max and Derline tomorrow? I really like Derline's look. She kind of reminds me of someone. But I can't seem to remember who,” the head photographer said to the other photographers.

 

Hey, girl I cannot tell where the end of your universe comes

Your eyes that are like the deep ocean along with a small cosmos, Hey, girl (Hey, girl)

There is nothing to fear when you're by my side

There is nothingI need anymore My dear..

 

*Hey, girl When you're by my side I am complete as a man

You can have the energy, the world in front of me is fair Hey, girl

(Hey, girl) You can plant the last of our love

Never change now With me, Eternally.

 

               

            As the song ended, Micky was already feeling very cold. He didn't want to stay in that place anymore. He was already hurting too much. He just got up and walked out. He wanted to be alone. Derline saw Micky leave. She immediately followed him to the beach.

 

            Micky was already feeling very cold and lonely at the same time. He was walking along the shore, trying to think of a way to approach Derline. He wanted to talk with her but couldn't even think of a nice way to start their conversation. He was feeling very ridiculous. He has had many girlfriends before so he was thinking what was wrong with him. He couldn't even approach a single girl. But then he thought Derline wasn't like the other girls he had met. She was very different, very special.

 

            As he was thinking, he suddenly slipped on a rock. And as he was about to get up, he saw someone was standing in front of him and offering a hand. As he slowly looked up, he saw it was Derline. He suddenly thought if what he was seeing was real or just his imagination running wild. He had been staring at Derline for almost several minutes before he came to his senses.

 

            “Are you all right?” she asked. “Let me help you,” she said with a smile.

 

            Micky immediately got up and just looked at Derline. He didn't know what to say.

 

            “You still don't want to talk to me, I guess. Then I'll be leaving now,” Derline said as she was about to leave.

 

            Micky didn't know what to do. Instinctively he suddenly grabbed Derline's hand and pulled her close to him. And just as suddenly as he pulled her close, he immediately embraced her. He was too afraid that if he didn't take the chance, he might lose Derline forever.

 

            “Micky...” Derline said as Micky was holding her tight.

 

            “Let me hold you. I'm sorry for all the wrong things that I have done to you. Can you forgive me?” Micky asked with such strong emotion.

 

            “Micky, you don't have to say that,” Derline said.

 

            “Stay with me please,” Micky said as he held Derline tighter.

 

            “Micky.....” Derline said as she looked straight into Micky's eyes.

 

            Micky slowly lowered his head and gently kissed Derline. And as time passed, his gentle kiss became more passionate. Both of them didn't care about anything else except what they were feeling that very moment. They were both very happy that they have finally found each other.

 

            From afar, a shadow was walking away from the sight of Derline and Micky kissing passionately. His heart was aching so much that he thought he was going to die that very moment. As he slowly walked away, tears were already streaming down his face.

 

            “Goodbye, Derline. I hope you will be happy with hyung,” Max finally uttered.