Chapter 11

We Will Meet Again Someday

After almost half an hour, the chief doctor who was examining Derline talked with the boys.

 

            “You can all wait outside now. Your friend is fine for now. The crowd outside has been taken care of,” the doctor said.

 

            They all went outside of the emergency room and as the doctor said the big crowd of fans waiting for them, half an hour ago has disappeared.

 

            “Doctor, what's wrong with her?” Max asked with concern.

 

            “We're still examining her so we can't say for sure. But when blood results came back, we found several traces of different drugs in her blood. That's why we were asking you guys if you knew if she was taking any medication,” the doctor replied.

 

            “What sort of drugs?” Jaejoong asked.

            “Well, the only drug that we were able to identify as of now is a medication used for sleeping disorders and another drug used by patients with heart problems,” the doctor answered.

 

            “You mean like a sleeping pill?” Xiah asked.

 

            “Yes, but what got us very confused is how she was able to get a hold of the drugs since it can't be bought in Japan,” the doctor replied again.

 

            “How many kinds of drugs do you think she is taking?” U-Know asked with concern.

 

            “We have found five traces of different drugs in her system.”

 

            The DBSK boys were all very silent. They didn't know what to do. They didn't know anything about Derline. And she certainly didn't say that she was sick or something. They didn't even know who to contact since she says she has no relative in Japan.

 

            Then an elderly man dressed in a black suit, came running to the emergency room. Several men also in black suits were following him. He was obviously very nervous.

 

            “Doctor, is there a young woman in the emergency room now....her name's Dercie. No, I mean Derline,” the man said with a trembling voice.

 

            “Derline? Isn't she the girl that you guys brought in?” the doctors asked the DBSK boys.

 

            The boys just nodded. Then the elderly man looked at the DBSK boys.

 

            “Are you her relative?” the doctor asked.

 

            “No, I am sort of her guardian. I have been taking care of her since she was a child,” the man answered.

 

            “Then maybe you can answer some of our questions,” the doctor said.

 

            “What questions?” the man asked.

 

            “Well, we found several traces of different drugs in her system. So far the only thing that we have been able to identify is the medication used for sleeping disorders and another drug used for patients with heart problems,” the doctor said in detail.

 

            The man sighed and started to talk. “She's currently taking five drugs right now. Two is for her heart and the other three are for her insomnia.”

 

            “What? She's taking 3 different medications for insomnia? Isn't that dangerous?” Max suddenly asked the man.

 

            “And what sort of heart problems does she have? We have diagnosed her and we haven't confirmed it yet. But we believe she has heart arrhythmia,” the doctor said.

 

            “Yes, she has had heart arrhythmia since she was a child,” the man answered.

 

            “She has a heart problem and she is also taking sleeping pills?” Jaejoong asked in disbelief.

 

            “Does she have a permanent doctor? The drugs that she is using are not available in Japan and can't be easily bought over the counter,” the doctor asked the man again.

 

            “Yes, I have informed him about her condition. He will be arriving in Japan in an hour,” the man answered.

 

            The DBSK boys were very confused on what was going on. They were already asking themselves who Derline really was and who was this man standing in front of them.

 

            “Please come with me. I want to ask more questions regarding the patient,” the doctor said to the man.

 

            The man looked at the DBSK boys and then at the men who were all in black suits.

 

            “Secure the area while I am gone. Make sure no one can get her out. And also protect them as well,”  he said pertaining to the DBSK boys.

 

            “Yes,sir.”

 

            “Fans might get want to get close to them. Make sure they are protected as well,” the man said to one of the men.

 

            “Yes, sir,” the other man answered.

 

            The DBSK boys were starting to think that the man was a gangster or something like that. And they also thought about how did this man get connected with Derline. Everything was already very confusing.

 

            “Who do you think that man is?” Max asked the others.

 

            “I don't know. But he sure looks like a gangster,” Xiah asked.

 

            “Why isn't our manager here yet?” Micky asked irritated.

 

            “I already called again. He said to just wait for him. He will be postponing all our appointments for today,” U-Know replied.

 

            “That's good. I don't want to leave Derline alone in the hospital,” Max said with a sigh of relief.

 

            “You're really concerned about her, huh?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “Why? Aren't you concerned about her?” Max asked Jaejoong back.

 

            “Well, yes. But not like you...” Jaejoong answered.

           

            The DBSK boys just waited until they saw that Derline was being out of the emergency room.

 

            “Where are you taking her?” Max asked the doctor.

 

            “She's being moved into a private room,” the doctor replied.

 

            The DBSK followed Derline to her room. Derline was still unconscious when they brought her to her room. Her room was obviously a suite, and the boys were impressed.

 

            After making sure that Derline was already settled in her new room the doctor left. The man and the DBSK boys were  left in the room.

 

            “You are all wondering who I am right?” the man asked the DBSK boys.

 

            “Yes,” Micky answered.

 

            "I am Henry Miller. I have been taking care of Derline ever since she was a baby. You might as well say that I am like a father to her," the man said.

            "We are really confused right now as to who Derline really is. Can you tell us the truth about her?" Xiah asked.

 

            The man smiled. “I have no right to tell you guys anything. It is better to wait for Derline to wake up and for her to tell you what you want to know.”