Chapter 13

We Will Meet Again Someday

Daniel approached Derline with a very serious expression. Derline didn't know what to say, she wasn't used to seeing Daniel that way.

 

            “What's wrong?” she asked with concern.

 

            Daniel sat down on the side of her bed and gently held her hand.

 

            “We have been friends for a very long time, haven't we?” he asked while still holding her hands.

 

            “Yes, but ....” she said and then stopped.

 

            “Why haven't you been honest with me? I thought we never kept secrets from each other. So why did you suddenly cry when you know you're not allowed to and what's so depressing that made you take your medications with an anti-depressant drug?” Daniel asked with a very calm yet authoritative voice. He was trying very hard to be gentle while talking with her.

 

            “So what's wrong?” Daniel asked.

 

            “Nothing,” she said with her eyes lowered.

 

            Daniel lifted Derline's face to meet his eyes. “Ever since we were small I never once told you a lie nor held any secrets from you. I hope you do the same to me.”

 

            “Sorry,” she said in a low voice.

 

            Daniel smiled. “What's wrong really?” he asked in French. He had already spoken in a different language that the DBSK boys will not be able to understand. He noticed that she was somewhat uneasy to talk because the boys were listening.

 

            Derline smiled. “I was just feeling very depressed because I was having a hard time,” she said in French also.

 

            The DBSK boys noticed that Derline and Daniel had started to talk in French. They knew what language the two were speaking but they couldn't understand it.

           

            “Having a hard time with what? Work?” Daniel asked.

 

            “No. You know I'm used to doing hard work, but what got me so upset was the fact that whatever I do I can't seem to get close to him,” she replied.

 

            “What do you mean?”

 

            “I mean he basically hates me. I don't know why but I think he really hates me,” she said with a trembling voice. It was as if she was about to cry again.

 

            “You mean, you haven't talked to him? So that also means that he still doesn't know you?” Daniel asked in disbelief.

 

            “Yes,” she replied.

 

            “But you said before that when you found him. You would do anything to make him remember you. And now you're telling me that you haven't even talked with him,” Daniel said as a joke.

 

            “I know, but it is quite hard. He doesn't like me. And the main reason why I cried is because I was already feeling so helpless. I heard that he totally dislikes me and that he wants me to go,” she explained.

 

            “So you're just gonna let him be like that with you?” Daniel asked irritated.

 

            “I don't think I have a choice,” she said as if in defeat.

 

            “I'm not used to seeing you admit defeat so easily. I always thought that you would do anything for him. So why are you giving up so easily now?” he asked with concern.

 

            “Because I always thought that once we saw each other, everything will be all right. But I guess I was wrong. I never imagined that he wouldn't even know who I was and it would be so hard to make him remember me,” she said with a sigh.

 

            Daniel looked at Derline's face. He saw and felt how sad and hurt she was. And somehow this made him really mad. He tried to think for a way to help Derline but he was only coming up with one drastic solution.

 

            “So you you're crying because of him?” Daniel asked Derline in Japanese.

 

            Derline suddenly looked at Daniel horrified.

 

            “What are you planning to do?” she asked in French.

 

            “Helping you,” he replied in French also.

 

            “You're not helping. You're just gonna make things very complicated. Please Daniel, don't do this!” she begged.

 

            “I am really fed up, Derline. You ran away from home when you were only sixteen and had been running all over the world just to search for him. That's 6 years, Derline. You have been dreaming of him ever since we were children. You even became a model so you could have an excuse to go search for him and when you're grandfather didn't want you to be a model anymore. You suddenly decided to ran away. And ever since you have been running. Aren't you even willing to give yourself some slack and try to fight for him?” Daniel asked in Japanese.

 

            The DBSK boys were just listening. But somehow they were starting to get an idea of what the two were talking about. They were also very shocked to find out that Derline had ran away from home to go and search for someone. They were very curious as to who they were talking about.

 

            “Daniel . . . please,” Derline begged again.

 

            “Aren't you going to tell him that you have been dreaming about him and that the two of you made a promise in your past lives to find each other again in another life time?” Daniel asked continuously.

 

            Micky suddenly looked at Derline. He was totally shocked. The other DBSK members were also looking at Derline. They couldn't believe that Derline was the girl that the old lady was pertaining to. Derline looked at Micky. She was very confused.

 

            “I'm sorry, Derline. But I think this has got to stop. You're just going to give up without even really knowing what could be possible between the two of you. And I hate to think that you're just gonna throw away all those years that you have searched for him from one country to another. Please don't make the things that we have done in the past so worthless,” Daniel said with a strong emotion.

 

            “I'm not. It's just so complicated,” she said as a response.

 

            “I don't want to force you to do anything. But you're contract with their company is going to end in less than two weeks. So that means you only have that remaining time to be with him. If I were you, I would certainly use it. Because after your contract with them ends, I am taking you with me. No matter what,” Daniel said with an authoritative voice.

 

            Derline looked at Daniel.

 

            “What do you mean? You're taking me with you?” she asked.

 

            “I am going to send you home to your grandfather. I was planning to tell you this later but I think it is better if you know now,” Daniel replied.

 

            “Know what?” she asked with confusion.

 

            “You have to go back Derline. Your condition has become worst. The doctors who have examined you have already concluded that the only way to save you now is if you have a heart transplant,” Daniel said with a very sad expression.

 

            Derline was shocked. She didn't know what to say. The DBSK boys were also stunned as well, especially Micky and Max. They didn't know if what they were hearing were all true. They were wishing that whatever they had heard was just a lie.

 

            “Daniel....” Derline said with a low voice. She was totally unable to think. Her mind was totally blank. She was trying to think of what to say but she couldn't find any words to say. Her mind was somehow spinning.

 

            Daniel noticed that Derline was getting very pale. He immediately called for the doctor. And before the doctor could arrive, Derline had already passed out again.