Chapter 22

We Will Meet Again Someday

Derline was looking at the sky. She was alone in the balcony.

 

            “What are you thinking?” Daniel asked.

 

            “How pitiful I am,” Derline replied.

 

            “Pitiful? Why?” Daniel asked. He felt Derline's sadness. How he wanted to hold her in his arms and comfort her but he knew that wasn't possible anymore. After Derline had found Micky, he had made a promise to himself that he would try to control his feelings for her. And he knew that if he held her again in his arms, it will be too painful for him. He wanted to tell her that everything will be all right, but he knew that wasn't true.

 

            “You know about grandpa right? He's forcing me to marry you again. I don't know long he will continue to be stubborn. He's already implying that he will do something bad to Micky and his group, if I don't follow him. Frankly I am already thinking that maybe we we're not supposed to be together in this lifetime either,” Derline said with sadness.

 

            “Are you giving up that easily now?” Daniel asked.

 

            “What am I supposed to do? I'm confused. I  don't want something bad to happen to them. His career is his life and if grandfather destroys it. I don't think I can face him afterwards  And he's not the only who's going to be affected. If their group is destroyed, Xiah, Jaejoong, U_Know and Max will be affected as well. I don't want to happen. They have all worked so hard for these past few years to achieve what they have now. I will just die thinking that all because of me their hard work is destroyed. Daniel....Will he be able to forgive me if I leave again?” Derline asked Daniel.

 

            “What are you saying?” Daniel asked.

 

            “I am thinking of going away again. But I know that grandpa will just use Micky to lure me out so I know that won't work. So I guess my only choice now is to obey him. And that is to marry you,” Derline said with sadness.

 

            “Are you serious? What's happening to you? Don't tell me you're gonna give up that easily,” Daniel asked. His heart was aching seeing Derline so helpless. He has always been his protector, and now he can't help her anymore, he felt so helpless as well.

 

            “Grandpa will surely make the boys suffer, if I don't follow him. I thought after being away for more than six years, Grandpa had already changed his mind regarding my marriage with you. But I guess I was wrong. I thought I could persuade him to accept Micky, but again I was wrong. I am always wrong. Maybe I was also to think that Micky and I were supposed to be together,” Derline said with tears running down her cheeks.

 

            Daniel couldn't control himself anymore. He couldn't stand it whenever he sees Derline crying.

 

            “I'll help you. Please don't cry,” he tried to comfort her.

 

            “It's too late. I guess fate is really against us. Even his company wants us to break up. Maybe they're right. Maybe we should break up, for everyone's sake,” Derline said as she cried.

 

            “We can think of a way. Don't give up so easily. You know I will always help you,” Daniel said as he caressed Derline's head.

 

            “I don't want him to suffer because of me. And I don't want his friends to be affected as well. I wish I would just die right now,” she said with sadness.

 

            “Don't you ever say that! I have taken care of you ever since we were small kids. And I will continue to take care of you until you need me. I will take care of all your problems. Just don't think about dying,” Daniel said with emotion.

 

            “But I will die anyway if I don't end up marrying him and being with him,” Derline said with a bitter smile.

 

            “Don't say that!” he said with anger.

 

            “I have already seen how I will die, Daniel. Even if you protect me 24 hours a day, you still can't protect me from my own fate,” Derline said sadly.

 

            “Then we will try to change your fate,” Daniel said with determination.

 

            Derline smiled bitterly. “I wish it was that simple,” she said.

 

            Daniel was feeling very lost right at that moment. He wanted to make her believe that he would be able to protect her. But he was doubting himself also. He wasn't so sure that he could change Derline's destiny. He wanted to make himself believe that everything will be all right. But he knew what Derline said was true. He had already seen and witnessed Derline's visions coming true. So he truly believes Derline when she said that she had already seen her death. It was bringing too much fear in his heart. He didn't want Derline's life to end in such a pitiful way.

 

            While he was holding her in his arms, Micky suddenly entered the balcony.

 

            “What's wrong?” Micky asked.

 

            Derline tried to hide her tears. But Micky had already seen her crying in Daniel's arms. He was already feeling very worried and jealous at the same time. When he saw Derline being held by Daniel, it was as if he wanted to immediately pull her away from him.

 

            “We were just talking about sad things,” Derline replied.

 

            “I have to go now, Derline. I have some important matters to attend to. We can talk again later,” Daniel said.

 

            “Bye, and thank you for everything,” Derline said with a smile.

 

            After Daniel left, Micky quickly embraced Derline from behind. They were both looking at the sun slowly setting in the sky.

 

            “The sky is so pretty. When the time comes and I get to have a daughter, I would name her Sora,” Derline said with a smile.

 

            “Why Sora?” Micky asked.

 

            Derline laughed. “Sora means sky in Japanese. During those times that I was looking for you, I would always look at the sky and ask where you were....” she replied.

 

            Micky laughed at what Derline said.

 

            “You know, I was so jealous when I saw Daniel embracing you,” Micky confessed.

 

            “I know. But we have been very close for more than twenty years already, and embracing each other has been a habit for both of us, I guess. It's our way of comforting each other whenever one of us is feeling sad,” Derline tried to explain.

 

            Micky made Derline face him. He then looked straight into her eyes.

 

            “Why are you sad? Is it about your grandpa?”he asked.

 

            Derline didn't know what to say. She wanted to tell him everyhting but something was stopping her.

 

            Micky noticed that Derline was hesitating in answering his questions.

 

            “I won't force you to answer me, if you're not ready yet,” he said.

 

            “Have you talked with your company? Are they serious about breaking us up?” Derline asked.

 

            This time, Micky was the one who didn't know what to say. He had already talked with his manager and even the top officials of their company. And they really wanted him to break up with Derline.

 

            Derline saw the sadness in Micky's eyes. She then smiled bitterly.

 

            “You don't have answer. I can already see it in your eyes. Then we really have to break up,” she said with tears already forming in her eyes.

 

            “No! We can get through this. We don't have to break up,” Micky protested.

 

            “My grandfather is also against us. He says that if I don't break up with you, he will destroy your career. I don't want that to happen to you. I know singing is your life. Without it, you'll feel very sad. And I don't want you to be sad,” Derline said.

 

            “Yes, my career is very important to me. But I am willing to give it up, just for you. I can't live without you,” Micky said with tears in his eyes. “Please don't leave me. I can't live without you,” he said again as he embraced Derline tightly.

 

            Micky was very afraid that Derline was going to insist that they break up. He knew he wouldn't be able to bear the pain of separating with her. He was really willing to give up his career just to be with her.

 

            “If you sacrifice your career for me. I can never forgive myself. And you're forgetting about your friends. They will also be affected by your decision to give up your career. Without you, DBSK will never be complete. If you leave your group, their careers will also be greatly affected. Haven't you thought about that?” Derline asked Micky.

 

            Micky was very silent. He hadn't thought about his friends. Derline was right. If he left DBSK, then his friends' careers will also be affected. He was suddenly torn between choosing his love for Derline and his friendship with the other DBSk members.

 

            Derline saw that Micky was having a hard time deciding on what to do. She didn't want him to suffer. She was willing to do anything for him.

 

            Looking at Micky, Derline had finally made a decision. A decision she knew she would regret forever.

 

            She was going to break up with Micky. She knew that it was going to hurt him, but it was going to hurt her more. There was no other way to solve their problem without anyone getting hurt. So before the problem got worst, it was better for her to say goodbye now.

 

            Derline was already crying when she started to speak. “Micky, please always remember that I love you. And no matter what happens in the future, promise you'll try to be happy.”

 

            “What are you trying to say? You're breaking up with me?” Micky asked.

 

            “It's for everyone's sake,” Derline answered.

 

            “No!” Micky shouted. He was already crying. Derline was already crying as well.

 

            “I love you Micky,” Derline said with emotion.

 

            Then Derline started to kiss Micky, first on the cheek, then on the lips. As their kiss grew more passionate, Micky was starting to be aggressive.

 

            Micky couldn't control himself any longer. He quickly carried Derline to her room. As soon as they entered the room, he locked the door.

 

            Derline looked at Micky. She knew what he wanted, and she wanted it as well. This was their last night to be together. She wanted to give him a special memory that will last him a lifetime.

 

            Micky slowly approached Derline. And as soon as he was close to her, he started kissing her again. As if the whole world stopped when their lips met. They couldn't think of anything else. In their small world, there was only them and their love for each other, no problems, no obstacles, no sickness.

 

            As minutes passed, Micky started to undress Derline slowly. She didn't refuse. She wanted Micky to make love to her. She wanted a special memory that she will treasure for the rest of her life.

 

            Micky was very careful as he gently made love to Derline. He had never felt such a strong emotion for anyone. He wanted to have her and prove to her how much he loves her.

 

            After making love, Derline was lying next to Micky on her bed. She was thinking about what had just happened. She didn't regret it. But she was sad that it was the first and the last time that they were going to be together.

 

            Micky looked at Derline, who was lying in his arms. He had never seen anyone so beautiful. He thought that she fitted well in his arms. It was as if they fitted each other perfectly. Seeing her lying next to him was the most perfect feeling he has experienced. He didn't want to let her go. And no matter what happens, he will never give her up.

 

            He slowly kissed Derline on the forehead. She opened her eyes and smiled. As their eyes met, somehow they understood each other. Their lips met once again, and they started to make love again.

 

            The next day, Xiah, Jaejoong, U-Know and Max received a phone call.

 

            “Micky is in my room. Please tell him, I'm sorry and I love him very much,” Derline said and then she hung up.

 

            The boys immediately went to Derline's room. They found Micky still asleep on Derline's bed. Judging by the looks of the bed, the boys already knew that something had happened between Derline and Micky.

 

            “Hyung....hyung,” Max said as he tried to wake up Micky.

 

            Micky was still very sleepy. But as soon as he heard Max's voice. He immediately opened his eyes. After seeing the other DBSK members looking at him, Micky somehow lost his sleepiness. He quickly remembered everything that had happened.

 

            He quickly looked around the room. He was looking for someone.

 

            “Derline's not here,” Jaejoong said with a sad tone.

 

            “What?” Micky asked as if confused.

 

            Micky suddenly stood up and pulled the bed sheet to cover his body. And as soon as the bed sheet was pulled, the top bed was exposed. Micky was busy getting dressed that he didn't notice that the others were looking at something on the bed.

 

            Xiah, Jaejoong, U-Know and Max immediately noticed a dark stain on the bed. After dressing up, Micky finally noticed what his friends were staring at. He hurriedly covered it with another bed sheet.

 

            “Where's Derline? Have you guys seen her?” Micky asked his friends.

 

            The boys didn't know how to answer Micky. Then Max noticed a letter on the side table. Micky's name was written on the envelope.

 

            “Hyung, I think this is for you,” Max said.

 

            Micky took the envelope and opened it. It was a letter from Derline.

 

            Micky,

                 I'm sorry for leaving you like this. But I don't think we can continue loving each other.

                I love you very much and I also know how much you love me too, but our love isn't enough. You already have your own world, a world I can no longer enter. Many people are against us, and even if we continue to fight for our love, we will

                eventually hurt a lot of people in the process. So I have decided to just leave. I think this is the best for you and me. I'm sorry if I've hurt you. Please forgive me. Maybe we weren't supposed to be together in this lifetime either. But what I do know is even if it takes me ten more lifetimes, I will continue to search for you until the time comes that we can finally be together. Always remember....we will meet again someday....

                                                                                                                                                                                              Loving you forever,

                                                                                                                                                                                              Derline

               

            The letter fell from Micky's hand. He was feeling very weak. It was as if his whole world suddenly fell apart. He suddenly dropped on his knees and started to cry.

 

            “Derline....why? You said you loved me. Why did you leave me? Why? I can't live without you. Derline!!!!!” Micky shouted with tears running down his cheeks.

 

            Xiah, U-Know, Jaejoong and Max didn't know what to do. They could feel Micky's pain. They knew there was nothing they could do to help ease his pain. So they just silently wept with him.