Chapter 5

We Will Meet Again Someday

The next day, Max, Xiah, U-Know and Jaejoong woke up early to discuss what they were going to do about Micky. They were all very concerned that he was going to get sick, if his present condition continues. They wanted to talk about what they were supposed to do about his supposed mysterious girl.

 

            “What do you think about hyung's girl? Do you think she's pretty or something? Or better yet do you think she's good in cooking?” Max asked innocently.

 

            “You and your stomach...” Jaejoong laughed.

 

            “I just thought that maybe she is good at cooking, then that would be nice because I can at least eat something else aside from the ones that you cook for us,”

 

            “Why on earth would Micky's girl cook for us?” Xiah asked with a laugh.

 

            “Well, girls are supposed to cook for boys right?” max answered innocently.

 

            “Hey! What do you mean? Do you mean I am a girl?” Jaejoong asked with a hurt look.

 

            “No, hyung. It's just....I have been eating your spicy foods so much that I think I don't know the difference of sweet and spicy anymore,” Max answered.

 

            “What?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “No offense, hyung. It's just that it would be nice to eat someone else's food for a change,” Max replied again.

 

            “Really...Max. You're already tired of Jaejoong's cooking?” Xiah asked in disbelief.

 

            “No...I didn't mean that. I just meant....Oh, I don't want to talk anymore,” Max said in total defeat.

 

            Jaejoong, Xiah and U=Know laughed at Max. They were playing a joke on him and he really played along well with the joke. After his friends all laughed, he then realized that they played a joke on him. And he laughed at himself too.

 

            While they were laughing, Micky had already gotten out of his room and immediately saw them all crowded up on the sofa. He smiled and greeted them. He was his usual self. And somehow this made the other DBSK members relieved. They were thinking that he might still be upset after he woke up. But as it turns out, they were wrong. He was already over with what happened yesterday.

 

            “So did you have a nice sleep?” Max asked suddenly out of the blue.

 

            Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know suddenly looked at Max with total disbelief. He was so careless as to make him remember about his dream again. Max saw the very strange look the other DBSK members were giving him. Somehow he didn't get what it was about. He was totally clueless as to why they were looking at him.

 

            After a few minutes, he suddenly realized what he did wrong. His mouth suddenly dropped open as well. Now he knew why the others were staring at him differently.

 

            “It's alright. I had a nice sleep. And don't worry. I didn't dream bout her. So you don't have to worry ok. I am totally fine,” Micky said with a laugh.

 

            “Are you really fine?” Jaejoong asked with concern.

 

            “Yes, I am. So don't worry about me you guys. I am really fine. Are you worried that I might be losing my mind or something,” Micky asked with a joke.

 

            “Sort of,” Max answered instantly.

 

            Everybody laughed with what Max said, even Micky laughed. Everything seemed normal so they were very happy.  After having breakfast, they all went to their scheduled recordings and promotions. The day went without any troubles. They were very busy that they had forgotten everything that they were worrying about earlier that day.

 

            It was already afternoon when they were able to relax and spend some time talking with one another. They were waiting for everything to be prepared for their photo shoot. It was then that their manager informed them of a problem. It seems that their current personal assistant, the one handling all their clothes and costumes had suddenly become very ill. So they will be replacing her with a new assistant.

 

            The DBSK boys didn't find any problem with replacing their assistant with a new one. But they were worried about the sick one. They told their manager to send her flowers and other gifts as well and to tell her to get well soon. AS their manager was about to leave, he then informed them that the new assistant will be coming after an hour.

 

            After an hour, the DBSK boys were already busy for their photo shoot. They didn't notice the girl that was standing on the back end of the room. She was the same girl that gave them the sandwiches that they liked so much. Only Max was able to recognize her. After seeing her, he immediately told the others about what he saw. The other boys were all very curious as well. But as they all looked at where Max saw the girl, she was already gone.

 

            Max was very disturbed. He was very sure that he saw the same girl. And to just make Max forget about it, Xiah decided to make jokes which eventually worked. After their photo shoot, they were already resting in their dressing room, when a girl suddenly entered.

 

            “It's you!” Max exclaimed.

           

            “Who? Me?” the girl exclaimed back. She was holding all the clothes that the DBSK boys had worn during the photo shoot.

 

            “Hey why are you here?” Xiah asked.

 

            The girl looked at them with a mischievous look. After a few moments of silence, she then answered. “I am your new assistant.”

 

            “What?” U-Know asked with disbelief.

 

            “So you're our new assistant? Are you the same girl that gave us sandwiches in the tv station a few days ago?” Max interrogated the girl.

 

            “Yes, I am.” she answered.

 

            “Well, do you by any chance have any of those sandwiches that you gave us? Because frankly I really loved the sandwiches that you gave us. What kind of sandwich was it? Did you make it yourself?” Max  continuously asked the girl.

 

            “Max stop bombarding her with questions,” U-Know told Max.

 

            “Oh, I am sorry,” Max said apologetically.

 

            “It's alright. As a matter of fact, I have some sandwiches stored in my bag. Would you like some?” the girl asked Max.

 

            “Oh yes, yes!” Max said happily.

 

            The other DBSK members were all very amused with Max. He was always so natural and very interested with food. The girl placed all the clothes she was carrying on a chair. And she immediately searched her bag for a big package of packed sandwiches. She handed the package to Max. Then Max immediately opened the bag of sandwiches. He was very happy that he was going to eat the sandwich that he has been craving for the past few days.

 

            Jaejoong, Xiah, U-Know and Micky just watched Max eat happily the sandwich that the girl gave him. They were all very amused and can't really believe what they were seeing.

 

            Jaejoong was very much amused that he couldn't help but tease Max. “Max, please slow down in eating you might choke,” he said in between laughs.

 

            “It's good, hyung. Really...” Max said in between bites.

 

            The other DBSK members laughed loudly. Max gave each one of them a sandwich since there were at least ten sandwiches in the plastic bag that the girl gave him. They all ate happily while the girl just continued sorting and fixing their clothes and other stuffs.

 

            Micky suddenly asked the girl, “Have you eaten? Sorry if we took away all your sandwiches. Maybe we can buy something else for you. What would you like to eat?”

 

            Xiah also felt a little bit embarrassed that they have eaten the girl's pack sandwiches. Somehow he wanted to replace what they had eaten with something else. So he immediately went outside their dressing room and looked for someone. A few minutes later, he returned with a big box of chocolates and a big cake.

 

            “Here,” Xiah said to the girl while handing her the box of chocolates and the cake.

 

            “What is this?” the girl asked.

 

            “Think of it as a small gift from all of us,” Xiah said with a very sweet smile.

 

            The girl was reluctant to accept the gifts at first. But after a few minutes, she was already holding the box of chocolates and the box of cake and was placing on a table near her.

 

            “You know, I really like your sandwiches. Do you make them or buy them?” Max asked.

 

            “I make them,” the girl replied.

 

            “Then can you make some again tomorrow? I think I can never get tired of your sandwiches. They do taste great. What do you put in them?” Max asked continuously.

 

            “Nothing special. Just plain, chicken, ham, bacon, and a special mayo that I use. It is impor....” the girl suddenly stopped talking. It was as  if she said something that she wasn't supposed to.

 

            The DBSK boys didn't notice her hesitation in answering Max's question. They just thought that she had just made a mistake.

 

            Micky looked at the girl from head to foot. She was an ordinary looking girl. And she certainly had a strange sense in fashion. Her clothes were all contrasting in colors and her style in fashion was certainly way out of date. She was tall about 5'7, with fair complexion, with very smooth and clear skin that she tried to hide under such thick make up and a very long hair which was tied back into a ponytail. She was obviously such an unusual person.

 

            She was really a very strange girl to be exact. There was something about her that makes him doubt her. He also couldn't believe it but he somehow dislikes the girl. He has never been the type of person to just suddenly judge a person so easily. But he couldn't stop himself.

 

            The photo shoot ended, and the boys were all exhausted that they just wanted to head back to their hotel room. Their new assistant was very silent as they rode back to the hotel. As for Micky, he didn't know why but he didn't want to see the girl. She somehow makes him feel so uneasy. Maybe because he has caught her looking at her a couple of times. He tried to just dismiss everything that he was thinking and tried to just get along with her but he was really uncomfortable with her.

 

            After arriving at their hotel, the girl immediately gathered all their stuffs and arranged everything into their hotel room. The DBSK boys were just watching her. She was obviously very timid. She didn't even try to talk with them which the boys found very strange. After fixing all the the boys' stuffs, the girl immediately said goodbye to them and left.

 

            “She is a strange one, isn't she?” Micky asked the others.

 

            “Well, maybe she's just not used to use yet. And girls are like that. They are sort of shy at first,” Xiah said in defense of the girl.

 

            “It seems Xiah has a crush on our new assistant,” Jaejoong said with a big laugh.

 

            “I don't...”Xiah protested.

 

            “She is nice...Hope she brings some more sandwiches tomorrow,” Max said to himself.

 

            Jaejoong also heard what Max had said and started to as well. “Max also has a crush on our new assistant.”

 

            “I don't have a crush on her. But I will certainly admit I like her sandwich. Do you guys think she is also a good cook? Do you think she can cook  something for us?”

 

            “Hey, Max is daydreaming about food again...” Jaejoong shouted.

 

            After an hour of talking and teasing each other, the boys finally decided to sleep. Micky was reluctant to sleep. But after just resting his head on his pillow, he immediately fell into a deep sleep.