Chapter 15

We Will Meet Again Someday

After almost an hour passed, Max and Micky returned to Derline's room. The other DBSK members were still waiting outside her room. All of them were very silent. No one even dared to say a word because they were all afraid that they were all going to end up fighting.

 

            Daniel went out of the room together with the doctors who were taking care of Derline.

 

            “So she will be able to leave the hospital tonight?” Daniel asked the doctor in charge of Derline.

 

            “Yes. Even if we say it is not advisable for her to leave the hospital yet. We can't do anything about it since you already have her attending physician with you,” the doctor-in-charge said.

 

            “Thank you very much for understanding,” Daniel said.

 

            “I'll be going with them Daniel. While were arranging her discharge, try to get her ready to leave okay?” a man with a moustache said.

 

            “Yes, Dr. Miles,” Daniel answered.

 

            Dr. Miles and the other doctors left. Daniel looked at the DBSK members. He was somehow very uneasy and didn't know what to say.

 

            “She's already awake. You can all come inside,” he said with a cold voice.

 

            The DBSK boys followed Daniel as he entered Derline's room. They found Derline already sitting on her bed. She instantly smiled when she saw them.

 

            “I'm sorry. Did I scare you guys?” Derline asked in a low voice.

 

            “How are you?” Xiah asked.

 

            “I'm quite fine now, “  she answered.

 

            “Derline, you should get ready to leave,” Daniel said.

 

            “Are you really concerned with her?” Max asked Daniel with an irritated voice.

 

            “Yes, I am. Why do you ask?” Daniel answered.

 

            “So how come you're already getting her out of the hospital when she's supposed to be still resting?” Max asked with sarcasm.

 

            Jaejoong and Xiah both cupped their faces in desperation. They already knew that Max was going to end up fighting again but with Daniel this time.

 

            “This smells trouble,” Jaejoong whispered to Xiah.

 

            “You said it,” Xiah replied.

 

            “We have to transfer Derline to another place. Or else her grandfather might get a trace that she is here,” Daniel answered.

 

            “But she just fainted two times in one day,” Max said with concern.

 

            “Don't worry. We have a doctor who is going with us. You know, the man with a moustache? His name is Dr. James Miles. He's been Derline's physician for the past six years. So you don't have anything to worry about,” Daniel explained.

 

            Max was silent for a minute. Then he looked at Derline, who was also looking at him.He was somehow satisfied with Daniel answer. But he was still afraid that something bad might happen to Derline.

 

            “So where are you planning to take me?” Derline asked Daniel. She was already sensing the tension between the boys in the room. She wanted to change the mood and get the boys to calm down a bit.

 

            “We're staying in a hotel. Henry has already arranged it,” Daniel answered.

            “I see. And where is this hotel?” she asked again.

 

            “You'll know once we get there,” Daniel said with a smile.

 

            “Can I still go to work tomorrow?” Derline suddenly asked Daniel.

 

            “No!” Max and Micky instantly replied.

 

            All of the people inside the room looked at Max and Micky.

 

            “You still have to rest. You can't go back to work tomorrow or the next day....” Max said and then he suddenly thought that if he said that Derline can't go to work anymore then that would mean that he wouldn't be able to see her anymore.

 

            As for Micky, he just stayed silent and looked at Jaejoong and Xiah who were busy exchanging meaningful glances with each other.

 

            “Can't I go to work?” Derline asked Daniel again as if begging.

 

            “Yes, you can. You just have to take your medication on time. And don't ever take any anti-depressant drugs again okay?” Daniel replied.

 

            “What? Are you really mad? You're going to let her go to work again tomorrow just like that?” Max asked in total amazement.

 

            “Derline is a very stubborn girl. Do you think she will take no for an answer. Even if I say that she can't do it. She will certainly find a way to do what she wants. So better to just give in to what she wants and just make sure that she just takes care of her better,” Daniel said in defense.

 

            “You can't go to work tomorrow. I won't let you,” Max said to Derline.

 

            Derline looked at Max, then at Daniel. She was somewhat amused by Max's reaction. But she didn't say anything because she didn't want to hurt Max's feeling.

 

            “I'll go to work tomorrow. And how about we just make a deal? Just don't let me do so many heavy work tomorrow and I think I will be okay,” she said with a smile.

 

            “Okay. I think that is fair enough,” Xiah said with a smile.

 

            “Don't worry. We will help you with your work tomorrow,” Jaejoong said with a sweet smile.

 

            “We will help you carry all the heavy things,” U-Know said with a smile also.

 

            “Don't you guys think that what you are going to do will certainly make a scene? Imagine the DBSK members carrying their own stuffs in and out of the station,” Derline said with a laugh.

 

            “Don't worry. I will have one of the bodyguards help you with your work,” Daniel said to Derline.

 

            “What a bodyguard? Are you kidding?” Derline asked.

 

            “Nope, I am not kidding. You're going to have your own bodyguard from now on. No buts okay? Or if you don't want to have your own body guard, I can always come with you and help you instead,” Daniel said with a laugh.

 

            Derline laughed. “Nope, a bodyguard will be fine. I don't want you hanging around me because you will certainly cause too much attention. Imagine you? I am already imagining what those people who know you might say when they see you doing my work.... CEO Daniel Smith working as a personal assistant.” Derline said with a laugh.

 

            “I know a better one......” Daniel said with a big grin.

 

            “What?” she asked.

 

            “Billionaire heiress and former top commercial model now working as a personal assistant,” Daniel replied with a grin.

 

            Derline suddenly frowned. She wasn't happy with what Daniel had said.

 

            “They already know everything about you. I told them,” Daniel said to Derline.

 

            Derline looked at the DBSK boys and sighed. “I'm sorry if I lied. And I am sorry for everything, I guess,” she said with a sad voice.

 

            “It's all right, we understand your situation,” U-Know replied.

 

            “Thanks, you're all very nice,” Derline replied.

 

            “Are you sure we're all very nice? I know someone who has been very mean lately,” Max said with sarcasm.

 

            “Max stop it!” U-Know said as a warning.

 

            “What?” Max asked as if he didn't know what he was doing.

 

            “You're picking up a fight again,” U-Know answered.

 

            “A fight? Who fought?” Derline suddenly asked the DBSK boys.

 

            The DBSK boys suddenly felt tense. They didn't know if they should tell Derline the truth. Daniel somehow felt the boys were being trapped by Derline. So he decided to help them out.

 

            “No one fought.... Why are you asking such a nonsense?” Daniel said with a laugh.

 

            “Well, they said Max is picking a fight again... So I was just curious as to who he fought with,” Derline replied.

 

            “He didn't really fought with anyone. It's just an expression,” Xiah lied.

 

            “Oh.....” Derline said.

 

            “So are you ready to leave?” Daniel asked Derline.

 

            “Yeah. What about them? Their manager isn't here yet. We can't leave them here,” Derline asked with concern.

 

            The DBSK boys felt really very special with the way Derline was caring for them.

 

            “We won't leave them. They can go with us. I have already instructed Henry to call their manager and inform him that we're dropping them off at their hotel,” Daniel answered.

 

            “Really? That's great. You're just wonderful,” Derline said happily that she hugged Daniel tightly.

 

            Daniel hugged Derline also. And this scene caused mixed emotions both to Max and Micky. Jaejoong, U-Know and Xiah noticed that their two friends were being jealous. They saw the way that Micky was avoiding to look but was stealing glances. And the  expression on Max's face was just too obvious. If they could only capture everything on a camera, They would certainly have a feast. Xiah was already thinking of getting his phone. But Jaejoong somehow knew what he was thinking and motioned him to stop.

 

            Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know just exchanged glances. They didn't know if they were going to laugh or what. Their two friends were certainly being jealous and pathetic at the same time.

 

            “So we're going to check into hotel tonight. What would my baby like to eat?” Daniel asked Derline tenderly while he was caressing Derline's hair.

 

            Max was already very jealous. He thought that Daniel was taking advantage of his closeness with Derline. While Micky was thinking that Derline should just stop hugging Daniel. It was already driving both of them mad with jealousy.

 

            Then as they were watching Derline and Daniel. Henry came into the room and said that everything was set and they can leave any time.

           

 

            The DBSK boys went together with Derline and Daniel. The boys were totally shocked to find out that they were going to ride on a limousine. They thought that Daniel was truly very rich to afford to have a limousine as his car. While on their way to the hotel, the DBSK boys were very silent. Max and Micky were very conscious of their every move. They were also stealing glances at Derline and Daniel as the two were talking with each other in French. Then Derline suddenly noticed that the DBSK boys were being silent.

 

            “Why are you guys so silent?” Derline asked the boys.

 

            “Well we're just tired,” Xiah said as an excuse.

 

            “Oh! Then you should all rest immediately when you get to your hotel,” Derline said.

 

            After reaching the hotel, the DBSK boys immediately got off the limousine. Derline and Daniel also got off and walked with them straight to the hotel lobby.

 

            “Thanks for dropping us off,” U-Know said to Derline and Daniel.

 

            “No thanks needed,” Daniel replied.

 

            “So where are we going after this?” Derline asked.

 

            Daniel smiled. “Well we're here. We're also staying in this hotel,” Daniel announced.

 

            The DBSK boys suddenly looked at Daniel. He was smiling and was somehow thinking of something. They didn't like the way he was smiling. They were thinking that Daniel was planning something bad.