Chapter 16

We Will Meet Again Someday

The DBSK boys were already in their room, when Jaejoong finally said what was on his mind.

 

            “Frankly, I didn't like the way Daniel smiled earlier. It was as if he was thinking of doing something to Derline,” Jaejoong said as the boys were having dinner.

 

            “Yeah, I noticed that too. What room are they in again?” Xiah asked.

 

            “Their room is in front of our room,” Max said with a low voice.

 

             Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know suddenly looked at Max. They were all surprised to learn that Max had already learned where Derline's room was. Jaejoong and Xiah both tried so hard to avoid laughing.

 

            “I think I can't hold it anymore,” Jaejoong whispered to Xiah.

 

            “Me too,” Xiah replied.

 

            And all of a sudden both of them laughed so hard that the other DBSK members just stared at them.

 

            “What are you guys laughing about?” Micky asked.

 

            “Nothing...nothing,” Jaejoong answered between laughs.

 

            “Oh...my stomach hurts already,” Xiah said with a laugh.

 

            “What's so funny,” U-Know asked.

 

            “Nothing....” Xiah replied again.

 

            “I think they are laughing at me,” Max very calmly said.

 

            Xiah and Jaejoong both looked at Max.

 

            “So he knows,” Xiah said and then laughed again together with Jaejoong.

 

            U-Know who was still unaware of what was going on suddenly shouted, “What are you guys laughing at?”

 

            “Max already knows where Derline's room is. He is very jealous already I bet,” Jaejoong finally said.

 

            U-Know looked at Max and then at Micky. The two were still quiet and pretending that they didn't care.

 

            “You know, the two of you should get your heads cleared a bit,” U-Know said to Micky and Max.

 

            “What so you mean?” Micky asked.

 

            “Xiah, Jaejoong and I already know that the two of you are already having special feelings for Derline. But the way you two have been acting is really being outrageous,”U-Know commented.

 

            Micky and Max just continued eating.

 

            “What do you think Derline and Daniel are doing in their room?” Xiah suddenly asked as if provoking Max and Micky.

 

            “Maybe they are already having dinner also or better yet sleeping,” Jaejoong also said to provoke the two other DBSK members.

 

            “Do you think they are going to share the same bed?” Xiah asked with a wide grin.

 

            Max suddenly stood up and immediately rushed out the front door. The other DBSK members suddenly followed him. They found him in front of Derline's room. He was still trying to decide whether to ring the buzzer or not. Xiah couldn't wait any longer, so he rang the buzzer himself.

 

            Within minutes, the door suddenly opened. Daniel was already dressed in a bathrobe. The DBSK boys were somehow shocked.

 

            “Hello! I was just planning to call you guys,” he said with a smile. “Come on in.”

 

            The DBSK boys entered the room. The hotel suite was also similar to their suite. It also had two  rooms. Somehow the boys felt relieved that Derline had a separate room.

 

            “I was planning to call you guys. I wanted to invite you for a drink,” Daniel said.

 

            The boys looked around for Derline. Daniel noticed that they were looking for her.

 

            “Are you looking for Derline? She's taking a shower,” Daniel said with a smile.

 

            Suddenly the bathroom door opened and Derline stepped out. The DBSK boys' mouths suddenly opened with shock. Derline stepped out of the bathroom while trying to dry her long hair with a towel. She was very busy that she didn't notice that the boys were there.

 

            “Daniel can you help me with the zipper of my dress. I think it's stuck,” Derline said still busy drying her hair. She then moved her hair to show Daniel her exposed back. Daniel walked towards her and gently pulled the zipper. The DBSK boys held their breath as they watched.

 

            Max felt like his entire soul was on fire. Micky also felt so hot that he wanted to get out and just dive into the big swimming pool downstairs. They were already up to their heads with the jealousy they were feeling.

 

            She was wearing a long white satin dress. The dress fitted her perfectly, showing her full figure.

She no longer wore her hideous make up. And the DBSK boys were amazed at how beautiful she really was without the makeup and the funny clothings. Judging by the way she looked at that moment, the boys instantly knew why she was signed up as a commercial model. She was the picture of a natural beauty. She was undeniably very gorgeous in a every sense of the word.

 

            Daniel smiled while looking at the DBSK boys' reaction. “Derline, your friends are here,” he said.

           

            Derline looked at Daniel's direction and saw the boys with him.

 

            “Hello,” she greeted.

 

            “Hi!” the boys managed to utter.

 

            “What's wrong?” Derline asked as she noticed the strange way the boys were looking at her.

 

            “They haven't seen you as your true self have they?” Daniel asked Derline.

 

            “No, I guess not,” Derline replied.

 

            “Well that's the reason why they are all drooling over you,” Daniel said with a laugh.

 

            The boys somehow got their senses back after they heard Daniel make fun of them. They tried avoiding looking at Derline since she was too distracting.

 

            Derline walked straight to the boys. She sat on the sofa facing the sofa where the boys where sitting.  Daniel gave Derline a glass of water and some pills.

 

            “Here, drink this,” Daniel said as he gave the pills to Derline.

 

            “Okay,” Derline replied.

 

            The DBSK boys wanted to ask what medications Derline just drank, but they were feeling very embarrassed. They were all thinking that if she drank sleeping pills, then that means she would fall asleep any moment. And that would mean that Daniel had all the time to be with her as she was unconscious. The boys' minds were all wondering in different directions. But they were all thinking the same thought, and it was that Daniel might have the chance to take advantage of her.

 

            “I am taking a shower. You just talk with your friends,” Daniel said with a smile.

 

            “Okay,” Derline replied.

 

            Daniel went into the bathroom, and the DBSK boys could hear the shower turning on.

 

            “So how are you feeling?” Max asked Derline.

 

            “I am fine. Thanks for asking. But why are you guys here? I thought you guys were tired already?” she asked.

 

            “Well we wanted to see if you're okay already,” Jaejoong said as an excuse.

 

            “That's so sweet,” Derline exclaimed.

 

            “Have you guys eaten yet?” Derline asked the boys.

 

            “Well....”Jaejoong hesitated to answer. He didn't know what to say. He wanted to say they were already eating but then Max walked out in the middle of eating dinner and ran to her room and then they followed him so they haven't finished eating. As he was thinking this, he was smiling and grinning.

 

            Derline noticed that Jaejoong was thinking of something. “Just wait okay. I'll cook something,” she said with a smile.

 

            “Are you okay to cook? I mean aren't you supposed to rest?” Max asked with concern.

 

            “I have already taken my medications, so I guess I'm okay. And besides the doctors didn't say that I can't do any simple work like cooking,” Derline said with a laugh. “They even told me to exercise every once in a while. They said it will somehow help my heart to be at least pumping normally or something like that,” Derline said as if it was nothing.

 

            The DBSK boys just stared at Derline. She was truly very beautiful. She was very brave too. Imagine if it were some other girl in her situation, that girl would have already cried a bucket of tears. But here she was still trying to be normal. They admired her very much.

 

            Derline disappeared into the kitchen leaving the DBSK boys. As they were waiting, Daniel had already finished taking his shower.

 

            “Where's Derline?” he asked the boys.

 

            “She's in the kitchen cooking something,” Xiah replied.

 

            “Oh.....” Daniel uttered.

 

            Daniel felt the coldness that the boys were giving him. He suddenly decided to start a conversation with them.

 

            “Are you guys mad with me or what?” Daniel straightly asked.

 

            “Why do you ask that?” U-Know asked in return.

 

            “Because I can sense that all of you are very cold with me,” Daniel answered frankly.

 

            “I am sorry you feel that way,” Micky said coldly.

 

            “Aren't you taking much better care of Derline? If she's so important to you, then why do I feel that you're not even taking her condition seriously?” Max straightly asked.

 

            “I see, so that is why you are very cold to me. I love Derline very much with all my heart. And I would certainly give up my life for her anytime. Yes, she is sick. She has been sick ever since she was three years old. And her parents have already expected her condition to get worst as she grew older. That's why she has been on the list for patients waiting for heart transplant of every top hospital in almost twelve countries all over the world. And she has been on that list ever since she was ten years old. So you see, she can easily get a heart transplant anytime that she says she wants to. But the main problem is if she would allow the operation. She has long been rejecting the idea of a heart transplant,” Daniel explained.

 

            “But why is she rejecting?” Jaejoong suddenly asked.

           

            “Because she is afraid that when she gets the heart transplant, her love for Micky will change,” Daniel immediately replied.

 

            “That's ridiculous,” Max exclaimed.

 

            “You don't have anything to worry about. As soon as she finishes her contract with your company, I will be forcing her to undergo the operation. So I suggest that you all make use of the time you have left to be with her. After her operation, I am sure her grandfather will push through with our marriage again. And since Micky doesn't want to be with her, then there will be no one stopping me from marrying her,” Daniel said with a smile. He was trying to provoke Micky to confess that he had feelings for Derline.

 

            Yes, he loved Derline very much and he would give everything just to have her. But he knew that what he wanted the most was for Derline to be happy. And he also knew that the only way to make Derline happy is if she and Micky were together. So even if it was going to hurt him a lot, he would rather lose Derline to Micky, at least he knows that she would be truly happy.

 

            After almost twenty minutes, Derline appeared with a big bowl of salad, fried dumplings and shrimp tempura. The boys couldn't believe that she could cook so fast.

 

            “She's a good cook,” Daniel said with pride.

 

            “We know,” Max said with irritation.

 

            “You know? So that means she has cooked for you guys,” Daniel said with amazement.

 

            “Yes, many times already,” Jaejoong answered.

 

            “I see,” Daniel said.

 

            “Well? Let's all eat,” Derline said with a big smile.

 

            After having dinner, the DBSK boys felt so full that they couldn't even move. They were very satisfied with Derline's cooking.

 

            “So do you guys want to have a drink?” Daniel asked.

           

            “Yeah,” Jaejoong answered.

 

            The boys started drinking, while Derline just watched and ate some snacks that they ordered together with the wine. The boys had started to feel comfortable with Daniel. He was actually a very nice man.

 

            Derline was sitting beside Daniel, when Daniel suddenly touched her hair.

 

            “We should go to the salon tomorrow and get your hair fixed. It's already dry. And you should also get a spa,” Daniel said with a smile.

 

            “What?” Derline asked. “You're more vain than me when it comes to my looks,” she said with a  laugh.

           

            Daniel also laughed.    “You know I can't bear to see my one and only princess looking so ordinary,” he said with a sweet smile.

 

            Max and Micky were feeling very jealous again. U-Know noticed that the two were being jealous again and decided to say goodnight already to stop his two friends from fighting with each other again or worst is if they all end up fighting with Daniel. At first, Max was very reluctant to leave. But he was forced to say goodbye as his other friends were already leaving. And so the night ended with Max and Micky tossing and turning in their beds until morning, because they were both wondering the whole time what Derline and Daniel were doing inside their room.