Chapter 21

We Will Meet Again Someday

The next day, everyone woke up early to get ready to leave. Most of them didn't want their time at the beach house to end yet. But they know that they still had a lot things to do once they returned.

 

            The DBSK boys left together with the rest of the crew members on the bus. While Derline and Daniel were left behind on the beach house. They still had a lot of things to take care of.

 

            Micky didn't want to leave Derline behind. But she had insisted. So there was nothing that she could do. While on the bus, Micky was thinking about what Derline had to do that she asked to be left ebhind. He didn't want to admit it, but he was still feeling jealous just thinking that she was with Daniel.

 

            After arriving at their hotel room, Micky immediately decided to call Derline.

 

            “What time do you think you'll be arriving?” he asked.

 

            “I'm sorry, but we won't be arriving today,” she replied.

 

            “What?” Micky suddenly asked. “You're still staying there with Daniel?” he asked with jealousy.

 

            “Yes,” Derline immediately replied. “I've got to go now,. I'll call you later okay?” and then she hung up.

 

            Micky was already very jealous. He didn't want Derline to be with Daniel or any other man. He wanted to go back to the beach house to get her.

 

            “What's wrong?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “Derline's still staying in the beach house until.... Oh! I don't know when,” Micky answered irritated.

 

            “You're being jealous again,” Xiah asked.

 

            “I don't know why. But I don't want her to be with Daniel. Just the thought of her and Daniel together is already driving me mad,” Micky confessed.

 

            “Derline loves you very much. You should learn to trust her more,” Max said.

 

            Micky looked at Max. He was right, Micky thought. He should give Derline his trust. Micky smiled at Max.

 

            “You're starting to become a very mature man,” Micky said to Max.

 

            Max just smiled.

 

            Back in the beach house, Daniel, Derline and Henry were discussing something.

 

            “What do we do now?” Derline asked with concern.

 

            “I'll be leaving Japan for a few days,” Daniel answered. “I'll try  to lead them away from here. They already know that you're with me.”

 

            “Don't leave me. If they're going to find me, so be it. I am returning anyway. So what's the difference,” Derline said.

 

            “But if let them find you, you won't even have the chance to finish your remaining two weeks with DBSK,” Henry said.

 

            “I know. Then I will just have to make use of my remaining time with them,” she said with sadness.

 

            “Then we return to the immediately. I want you to have all the remaining time you can have with them,” Daniel said with a smile.

 

            “Thank you,” Derline replied.

 

            It was already dinner time, the DBSK boys were already eating when the door bell rang. Max quickly opened the door to see who it was.

 

            “Hello! Are you having dinner already?” Derline asked with a smile.

 

            “Derline....” Max uttered.

 

            Derline entered and directly went to the kitchen where they were all eating.

 

            “Hi! I've brought some additional food,” Derline said as she showed them the plastic bag she was carrying.

 

            “I thought you said you were still staying in the beach house with Daniel?” Micky asked.

 

            “I missed you so much already,” Derline replied with a smile.

 

            “Have you eaten yet? Would you like to join us?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “Sure,” Derline replied happily.

 

            They all ate dinner happily. Xiah and Jaejoong wouldn't stop joking  while eating. They all laughed as each of them teased and made jokes with one another.

 

            After eating, they all watched a movie together. Derline and the boys wouldn't stop playing around and teasing with one another. They were always laughing every now and then. As they were having  fun inside, Henry together with two men were patiently  watching the hallway outside the boys' room.

 

            The next day, Derline went to work as usual. The DBSK boys were always helping her with her work, especially Micky. Every now and then, he would hug her even there were people around. This somehow caused a lot of teasing for Micky and Derline. Micky didn't mind the teasing, he was happy having Derline in his arms.

 

            As for Derline, she didn't mind the teasing either. She was thinking that this was the remaining time she had left to be happy with him. She wanted to experience every happy moment with him if possible.

 

            The DBSK boys just watched as Micky and Derline publicly displayed their love for each other. They were also very happy seeing Micky happy with Derline.

 

            After the DBSK's schedule for the day was finished. Derline asked the boys if they wanted to accompany her to go shopping. The boys immediately agreed happily. They wanted to experience being normal every once in a while. And shopping with friends was one of those things that they can't do so casually.

 

            Derline called Henry and informed him of their plan to go shopping. Within  minutes, Henry arrived with three luxury vans and several men he had hired as body guards to help protect the DBSK boys and Derline.

           

            Derline and the DBSK boys happily strolled in one of Japan's most famous mall. Many fans immediately noticed the boys. And after only an hour  of being totally unnoticed, the boys were already being followed by a large group of screaming and aggressive fans.

 

            Henry advised Derline and the boys to stop strolling already and njust head back to the hotel. The DBSK boys were very disappointed. They still wanted to go around and buy stuffs. They usually just order thing online or ask someone to buy the things that they need.

 

            The boys looked at the large group of fans following them. Immediately they decided to follow Henry's advise. They were also concerned with the way some of the fans were curiously looking at Derline.

 

            They all returned to the hotel disappointed. They wanted to spend more time strolling and shopping. But then they decided to just watch a movie again.

 

            Next day, the DBSK boys woke up early to find out they were the headlines news for some newspapers. And some articles were even posted on line about their trip to the mall yesterday.

 

            “This  is bad. We can't even go shopping without anyone making it into a big news,” Xiah said with irritation.

 

            “That's the price of popularity,” U-Know replied.

 

            '”Do you think that Derline has already seen this?'” Micky asked.

 

            “Surely Henry and Daniel would have both known about this the minute it went out,” U-Know said.

 

            “What should we do?” Xiah asked.

 

            “Nothing,” Derline said as she entered the room.

 

            “Derline,” Micky said. “Are you all right? Have you seen the newspapers?”

 

            “Yes, I have. I have already anticipated that yesterday,” Derline answered.

 

            “What did Daniel and Henry say?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “Well, I'll be going back to my grandfather after I finish my contract as your personal assistant. So it doesn't matter anymore if news gets out about me,” Derline said again.

 

            “What about your grandfather? I thought you said that he would force you to marry Daniel once he finds you,” Micky asked with concern.

 

            “I'll take care of it. Don't worry,” Derline said with a smile.

 

            As they were talking, their manager arrived with a terrible news.

 

            “The management wants the two of you to stop your relationship. I am sorry. I know it may seem very unreasonable to ask you this but it has been decided. The news about the two of you have made a very big impact on your group's image. And the management is not happy about it. So they are forcing you guys to break up or suffer consequences including your group,” their manager said with a sad tone.

 

            “What? Are you serious?” Micky shouted.

 

            Jaejoong tried to calm down Micky.

 

            “Is there no other way? I mean having a girlfriend is not forbidden in our contract. So they can't just tell us to drop someone,” Xiah said with concern.

 

            “I know, but somehow your current status is very important with the company so they think having a girlfriend at this time is very unnecessary. So they are requesting that you immediately end your relationship with Derline for the sake of your group,” their manager tried to explain.

 

            “That's totally unreasonable,” Max said with anger.

 

            “Everybody calm down,” Derline said to the boys.

 

            “How can we calm down when they are already dictating us when we can have a relationship?” Micky replied.

 

            “As your manager said, it is for your group's sake. Please try to understand,” Derline tried to reason with Micky.

 

            “So what are you saying? Are you willing to break up with me just because they tell us to do so?” Micky asked Derline with a hurt expression.

 

            Derline was speechless. She didn't know what to say. Somehow everything that she was saying was turning out the wrong way. Micky was already misunderstanding her.

 

            “Micky...” Derline uttered as she was trying to find out what to say next.

 

            As Derline was about to say something, Daniel suddenly came into the room.

 

            “Derline we have to talk.,” Daniel said with a serious expression.

 

            The DBSK boys knew judging by Daniel's expression that something was wrong. Micky anger suddenly disappeared. He suddenly became concerned with Derline.

 

            “Is something wrong?” Micky asked Daniel.

 

            Daniel looked at Micky. He was somehow reluctant to say anything. But then looking at Micky's worried look. He finally decided to tell him what was wrong.

 

            “Derline's grandfather is in our room waiting for her,” Daniel said with a very serious tone.

 

            The DBSK boys didn't know what to say. Somehow they felt that everything was turning bad for Derline and Micky. They felt so sorry that they can't help their friend.

 

            “I have to go Micky. We'll talk later okay,” Derline said and she gently kissed him on the cheeks.

 

            “I'll come with you,” Micky said with concern.

 

            “No, you don't have to. I need to talk to him first. Then when everything is okay, then you can meet him,” Derline said with a smile.

 

            Micky knew that she was just lying. He saw the sadness in her eyes and he knew that it wasn't that simple. He wanted to talk with Derline but she had already walked out the door before he could say anything.

 

            In Derline's room, her grandfather was already anxiously waiting.

 

            “Grandpa....” Derline said as she entered the room.

 

            “Dercie....” the old man said.

 

            Derline immediately hugged her grandfather. Tears were already streaming down her face.

 

            “I'm sorry, grandpa. I'm sorry....” Derline said between tears.

 

            “Don't cry, child. You know crying is bad for you. You'll have difficulty breathing if you don't stop crying,” the old man said with concern.

 

            After an hour, Derline and her grandfather have already talked and have forgiven each other for the past mistakes that both of them made. Derline thought that everything was going to fine. But as it turns out she was wrong.

 

            “Now that you're back. After you have your operation, we'll immediately fix your marriage with Daniel,” her grandfather said happily.

 

            Derline didn't know how to tell his grandfather that she has found Micky, the man in his dreams.

 

            “Grandpa... there's something I want to tell you,” Derline slowly said to his grandfather.

 

            “Don't continue! I already know what you are going to say,” the old man said with a cold tone.

 

            “Grandpa?” Derline asked with confusion.

 

            “I know that you're going to say that you have already found the man in your dreams. I already know who he is and that he is also staying in this hotel,” the old man said.

 

            “Grandpa, I can't marry Daniel,” Derline said with a pleading voice.

 

            “You will marry Daniel. You don't want your man to suffer don't you?” the old man said with a cold expression.

 

            “What do you mean?” Derline asked.

 

            “You know that you'll be inheriting all my properties in a couple of years. How can a singer possibly help you in running a multi-billion company? Are you making me laugh?” her grandfather asked sarcastically.

 

            “Grandpa, but I don't know anything about running your company either,” Derline said.

 

            “That's why you have yo marry Daniel. He's the only one who is fitted to be your husband,” the old man said.

 

            “Are you just forcing me to marry Daniel because of your company? Am I that unimportant to you?”Derline asked her grandfather.

 

            “I won't accept him no matter what you say. If you continue having a relationship with him, then I will certainly make their group pay the consequences,” her grandfather said.

 

            “Consequences? What do you mean?” Derline asked with confusion.

 

            “Their group can easily be destroyed by a single bad publicity do you know that?” the old man said with a grin.

 

            “Grandpa, you're not like that,” Derline said with concern.

 

            “I have my own ways to persuade a person to do what I want,” the old man said.

 

            Derline didn't know what to say. His grandfather was a really hard man to beat. He was always persuasive. She knew that his grandfather can really make DBSK suffer if she didn't follow what he wanted. Her heart was already aching. Maybe they weren't supposed to be together in this lifetime either, she thought sadly.