Chapter 17

We Will Meet Again Someday

The next day, the DBSK boys all woke up feeling very tired. Max and Micky both had a headache and the other three were constantly yawning and stretching. All of them had to wake up early because they had a scheduled photo shoot at a private beach house. They would be staying there for at least two days so they needed to pack a lot of things.

 

            “Oh! My head hurts,” Max complained.

 

            “You didn't drink much last night. So how come you have a headache?” Xiah asked curiously.

 

            “I wasn't able to sleep last night,” Max replied.

 

            “Really?” Xiah asked mischievously.

 

            Jaejoong laughed. “I also know someone who obviously hasn't slept yet,” he said.

 

            Micky looked at Jaejoong. He was about to say something when their manager appeared. They immediately followed him downstairs. They were going to the studio first to meet up with the other crew members.

 

            After arriving at the studio, the DBSK boys had immediately noticed the same limousine that Daniel used. Max and Micky somehow felt very tensed. There was a possibility that Daniel was also at the studio.

 

            The DBSK boys entered the studio. Everyone was very busy preparing. They didn't see Derline or Daniel anywhere. They sat at a corner while waiting. A group of female dancers were also waiting near the DBSK boys. The girls' conversation somehow caught the DBSK boys' attention.

 

            “Oh my god! He's so handsome,” one girl said.

 

            “Do you think he's Derline's boyfriend?” another girl asked.

 

            “I hope not,” the other girl answered.

 

            “I think he's her boyfriend. I saw the two of them get off the limousine together. And frankly, if I had a boyfriend like that I would never let him go,” another dancer said.

 

            “But what really puzzles me is Derline. Have you seen her today? It's like she totally transformed from an ugly duckling into a princess. She's so beautiful. I never thought that she could be that gorgeous,” one of the girls said.

 

            “Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. She was so out of fashion before and now I would just die looking like her. She's like a fashion model or something judging by the way she looks today,” another girl said.

           

            “And have you noticed the clothes she's wearing? They're like all branded. Think about how much those clothes cost. Even if I spend all my salaries for one year, I can't buy the clothes she's wearing right now,” a girl commented.

 

            “You're talking about her clothes? Have you noticed her necklace? It's like a diamond necklace, girl. And judging by the looks of it, I think it is real. I would just die if I had a necklace like that,” another girl commented.

 

            “She sure is very lucky. Where do you think she met him?” a girl asked.

 

            “Not sure. But they seem very close. I even saw them tickling one another in the back door,” a girl said.

 

            “I heard one of the male crews talking. And he said that Daniel is a CEO for a big company. Imagine at his age, he's already a CEO,” a girl said with admiration.

 

            “So that's why he has a limousine,” another girl exclaimed.

 

            “Oh...I want a boyfriend also who is handsome and rich. I can just see myself now,” the girl started to day dream in front of her friends.

 

            “Oh....She's so lucky,” a girl said with envy.

 

            “Do you think we can get her to introduce him to us?” a girl asked.

 

            “Why not? She has always been nice,” a girl commented.

 

            “Oh...I would just love to meet him,” a girl said as if dreaming.      

           

            “And have you heard the news that we supposed to cancel the photo shoot today because the place we were going to suddenly backed out. So we had no place to do the photo shoot, but Derline's boyfriend suddenly said that he owned a place near  a beach and we could use it instead. He's just so admirable,” another girl giggled with delight.

 

            “Do you really think he's Derline's boyfriend?” another girl asked again.

 

            “So what if he's not Derline's boyfriend? Why? Do you plan to get him?” a girl teased the girl she was talking to.

 

            “I really like him” the girl replied.

 

            “As if he would notice you. Have you seen him? He's so into Derline. If I were Derline I would marry him instantly,” one of the girls said.

 

            With the mention of marriage, Micky suddenly felt as if someone was choking him. He was very jealous just hearing the girls talk about Derline and Daniel.

 

            “What is the guy's name again?” a girl asked.

 

            “I think I heard Derline call him Daniel,” one of the girls answered.

 

            “Oh Daniel! Be mine!” one of the girls said as a joke. All the girls laughed aloud. The other people inside the studio suddenly looked at them.

 

            Suddenly Derline and Daniel entered the studio. They immediately saw the DBSK boys and went straight up to them.

 

            Derline was very different today. She was no longer wearing out of style clothings and she no longer had excessive make up, and even her hair was loose. The boys were very amazed at her transformation. She indeed transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan.

 

            “Hello!” Derline greeted with a warm smile.

 

            “Hi there!” Daniel greeted as well.

 

            “Hello!” the DBSK boys greeted in return.

 

            “So are you guys ready yet?” Derline asked.

 

            “We'll be leaving in a couple of minutes. Your previous location for the photo shoot suddenly got canceled so I've offered to have my beach house as you alternative location. The only problem is that my beach house is a little farther than you supposedly location. So the travel time will be an hour longer,” Daniel said with a smile.

 

            “That's okay. Thanks for your help,” U-Know said to Daniel.

 

            “Glad to be of help to you guys,” Daniel replied.

 

            After fifteen minutes, they were already on their way. The DBSK boys had refused Daniel's invitation that they join Derline and him in the limousine. They just decided to ride with the other crew members on the bus they were also using.

 

            While on their way, Micky's mind was already somewhere else. Jaejoong who was beside him noticed it and suddenly started to talk to him.

 

            “You know, if you have feelings for her, it's not against any rule to show it,” Jaejoong said with a low voice.

 

            Micky looked at Jaejoong. “What do you mean?” he asked.

 

            “I can't understand why you're being hard on yourself and Derline. It's very obvious that you like her. So why are you trying to deny it. Frankly, I can't believe that Max is being much braver than you since he's not being afraid of showing his true feelings for Derline,” Jaejoong said.

 

            Micky suddenly thought about what Jaejoong said. What was wrong with him? He tried to ask himself. He was not being himself lately and he was already sick and tired of what was going on. He also knew for a fact that he was feeling something for Derline. But he was too afraid to show it. He didn't know why he was reluctant to let her know about how he feels about her.

 

            As Micky was thinking, he suddenly fell asleep. As the noise inside the bus started to disappear, Micky slowly heard a voice calling him. It was  a girl's voice. And the name she was calling wasn't his name. Then as the voice started to become closer and closer, the girl's face suddenly became clearer and clearer. It was Derline or someone that looked like her. As he was getting closer to her, he could feel his heart beating faster.

 

            They were already standing in front of each other now and lovingly staring into each other's eyes. Micky could feel the happiness and he didn't want it to end. It was as if his whole world was spinning. Then he gently embraced her. He was so happy in a way he had never felt before. Then as he was about to say something, he felt himself being drawn away from her. He wanted to be with her but he was still moving farther and farther away. He wanted to scream, but no voice came out. As he was moving farther away from her, he could see that she was calling out for him. He wanted to run back to her but he couldn't. It was maddening for him to see her trying to run after him and constantly calling out for him. The scene was just too sickening. He was already crying and there was nothing he could do. And still he moved farther and farther away until he couldn't see her anymore.

 

            Micky suddenly woke up with a scream. He woke up with tears in his eyes. Everyone in the bus were startled by his scream. The bus immediately stopped. Everyone was concerned with Micky. Jaejoong and U-Know immediately offered him a bottle of water.

 

            “Are you all right? What's wrong?” Jaejoong asked with concern.

 

            “Why are you crying?” U-Know asked with concern also.

 

            Micky couldn't stop himself from crying. His dream has never been this vivid. It was as if he was already being told that his time with Derline was truly going to end. And somehow this thought was just too painful for him. Right at that moment, he has finally decided to fight for Derline.