Chapter 3

We Will Meet Again Someday

The next day, Jaejoong woke up early to cook for his friends. The other members were still sleeping except for Micky whom he found sitting in the balcony again. He was obviously thinking and seems his mind is already far away. Jaejoong wanted to talk to him but he also thought that Micky needed some time alone.

 

            While he was contemplating on his dream again, Micky suddenly felt that someone was watching him. As he turned around, he saw that Jaejoong was the one looking at him. He smiled.

 

            “What are you doing there?” he asked. “Have you been standing there all this time?”

 

            “Maybe a few minutes. I didn't want to disturb you really” Jaejoong said.

 

            “It's okay. I don't mind. In fact, I think I need someone to talk to,” Micky replied.

 

            “Are you thinking about that dream again?” Jaejoong asked with concern. He saw that Micky has been looking kind of tired not because of too much work but because he was missing a lot of sleep because of his constant dream.

 

            “Somehow I kept thinking about that dream and I just realized that the dream I have been having isn't scary at all. But what I am bothered bout is the feeling I have after I woke up and find her to be gone. It's like I'm missing something. And you know the part in my dream that I am screaming something? I think I might be calling for her. I really want to find out what my dream means. And if there is any special meaning to it that I keep having it for almost several months now. But before the dreams would just pop in every few months then, it became weeks and now it has been like every other day. I am afraid that I will be having it almost everyday,” Micky confessed.

 

            “I am sorry I can't help you. But maybe we can find someone who can help you. A person who can interpret dreams perhaps, a fortune teller... We are all free today right? We can go out and try to find someone. What do you think?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            Micky shook his head as a sign of disapproval. “That would be too troublesome. If we do that it might cause some commotion. Someone might recognize us and the media will be after us in an instant. And the worst thing will be that we will all be in the headline tomorrow.”

 

            Jaejoong laughed. “Hey, what's the worst thing they can say? I suppose a perfect headline would be 'Tohoshinki consults a fortune teller to get the result of their latest album.' Well not a bad headline don't you think?”he jokingly said.

 

            Micky also laughed. Jaejoong was such a good friend. He was always trying to lend some help to his fellow members. Micky suddenly thought that maybe what he said wasn't such a bad idea. But the main problem would be how would they be able to go out without anyone knowing about it. Their manager would certainly deny their request to go out if they told him the truth. But they would certainly get scolded if they tried to sneak out.

 

            Micky was thinking on how to sneak out, when Max suddenly appeared. He was still very sleepy but he was also hungry already. So he just decided to get up already.

 

            “Is breakfast  ready yet?” Max asked Jaejoong.

 

            “I just woke up, breakfast will be ready in maybe half an hour. If you're really hungry already, you can always order in  room service,” Jaejoong replied.

 

            “I'll just wait for the food you're going to prepare,” Max answered with a yawn.

 

            “So what do you plan today?” Micky asked Max.

 

            “Well, I am supposed to meet a friend today. Back in Korea, we were like best friends since I was only eight years old. I just learned a few days ago that he also stays here in Japan with his grandmother. His grandmother is really nice. And she knows things like fortune telling and card reading. That's why when I was still small I always like to go to there house. She was a great storyteller,” Max continuously narrated.

 

            Jaejoong suddenly got an idea. He was very excited. “Hey Max! Do you think we can tag along with you? That is, if you don't mind. We would really like to meet your friend' s grandmother,” he said with a sparkle in his eyes.

 

            Max suddenly frowned. Then he asked, “Why do you want to meet my friend's grandmother?Why are you suddenly interested in an old woman? Don't tell me you have changed your preferences in women,” Max jokingly said.

 

            “You said that she can read cards and tell fortunes right? Well maybe she can help Micky.. Maybe she can tell us what Micky's dream is about,” Jaejoong said excitedly.

 

            Max tried to think for a minute. But his stomach was growling so hard that he couldn't think straight. So he just decided to say yes.

 

            As they were talking, the other DBSK boys entered the balcony as well.

 

            “Good morning everybody!” Xiah greeted.

           

            “Good morning to you too,” Jaejoong replied.

 

            “So why are you all up so early?” U-Know asked.

 

            “We were discussing that we are going to tag along with Max today. He is going to a friend's house,” Jaejoong said.

 

            “Well, I don't have any plans for today. I can go with you,” U-Know said casually.

 

            “Me too. I'll go with you guys,” Xiah said with a smile.

 

            “Don't you think it's quite embarrassing that Max will be bringing all his friends when he's supposed to meet with a friend?” Micky asked.

 

            “No, it's okay. John's grandma is really nice. She would be delighted to have so many people visit her. Especially if the guys visiting her are handsome men like us,” Max said with a loud laugh.

 

            So after having breakfast, all the DBSK members all went with Max to his friend's house.