Chapter 6

We Will Meet Again Someday

The next day, their new assistant showed up early. Jaejoong was cooking when she arrived.

The other DBSK members were still asleep. Jaejoong offered her to have breakfast with them. At first, she declined but after Jaejoong insisted she finally agreed. Jaejoong was already finished cooking, when she offered that she will cook also.

 

            Jaejoong just agreed with what she wanted to do. As she was cooking, Jaejoong just watched her every move. She was obviously a good cook just by judging the way she moves in the kitchen. She was quick and very calculated in her every move.

 

            “So what are you cooking?” Jaejoong asked the girl.

 

            “It's a surprise. I just love eating this every morning. I know Max will like it also,” she replied.

 

            “What will I like?” Max asked as he entered the kitchen. The other DBSK members followed him.

 

            They were all surprised to see their new assistant cooking in the kitchen. But what made them even more surprised is the fact that Jaejoong allowed the girl to cook. He usually doesn't let anyone touch the kitchen.

 

            “How come she's cooking?” Micky asked somehow irritated.

 

            The other DBSK members easily recognized the irritation in his voice. They all looked at him with a strange expression on their faces. They didn't see anything wrong with the girl wanting to cook for them. They were all wondering why Micky was upset.

 

            The girl just continued cooking. She obviously unaware that the boys were already discussing about her.

 

            “What's wrong Micky?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “Maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed,” Xiah said as a joke.

 

            “I just don't feel comfortable with her,” Micky replied.

 

            “You're being unfair, hyung. She hasn't done anything wrong. So why are you being mean,” Max asked.

 

            Micky looked straight at Max. Somehow he suddenly got hit with the truth. Max was right. The girl hasn't done anything to him or any or them, in fact she has been very nice to them. And here he was, being judgmental on her. Somehow he felt ashamed of himself.

 

            “Okay, I will try to get along with her. Since she will be only substituting our assistant for maybe a month,” Micky said as if defeated.

 

            Max smiled. “That's good, hyung. I know you would certainly like her too,” he said.

 

            “Hey Max! Why are you smiling like that?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “Because I have been wondering if she is a good cook, and now I guess I will know...”then Max laughed.

 

            The other DBSK members laughed together with him.

 

            “I'm finished. Sorry if I took so long,” the girl said with a smile.

 

            The girl placed the food she cooked on the table. She had cooked fried rice, a  meat stew and chicken and pork sauteed with a creamy sauce.

 

            Max was very excited. He was the first one to taste the food that the girl cooked. After tasting it, he exclaimed with joy.

 

            “This is good....No, excellent!” he exclaimed.

 

            The other boys immediately tasted what the girl cooked. And after eating a few bites, they agreed with Max. The food was certainly very good. The girl just watched as they all ate.

 

            “Why don't you eat?” Jaejoong asked the girl.

 

            “I already ate,” she replied.

 

            “We have been talking but we don't even know what your name is,” Max said.

 

            “My name is Derline.”

 

            “So how old are you?” Max asked again.

 

            “I am 22.”

 

            “Oh...So why are you working as an assistant? Oh... And what were you doing in the tv station a few days ago? You are also working there?” Max asked continuously.

 

            The girl laughed. Then answered, “I was in the tv station a few days because I was helping out a friend.”

 

            “Really? So how come you went to our dressing room and gave us sandwiches?” he asked again.

 

            “I am a big fan of your group. So when I learned that you were in the station as well, I couldn't let the opportunity pass. I have been wanting to meet all of you,” she replied.

 

            “Oh....so that's why you suddenly disappeared. Frankly we thought you were a ghost or something,” Xiah said with a laugh.

 

            “A ghost? Do I look like a ghost?” the girl asked also as a joke.

 

            Xiah smiled at the girl. She was quite amusing. Somehow he felt that he was really going to enjoy working with her.

 

            As for the other boys, they also liked the girl. She was very natural and easy to get along with. Micky, on the other hand, still had his doubts on her personality. He was thinking that she was trying to  deceive them with her innocent and pure image.

 

            Micky didn't understand himself. He was being mean to Derline and he wasn't like that. But he couldn't help it. He was really irritated with her for no apparent reason at all.

 

            “So Derline, how come you're a good cook?” Max asked.

 

            “I'm not a good cook ok. I just love cooking, that's all. I have been used to living alone so I had to learn the necessary things in life like cooking,” she said with a laugh.

 

            “Why are you alone? Don't you have any parents or brothers or sisters?” Xiah asked curiously.

 

            “My parents died when I was still young. I only have my grandfather now. Frankly he's far away and I haven't seen him for more than a year,” she said with a sad tone.

 

            The boys looked at Derline. She obviously very sad when they had talked about her grandfather.

 

            “Where is he? Why don't you go to him?” U-Know asked.

 

            “Well, our situation is a little bit complicated. I can't go to him now, not until I finishe something first,” she said.

 

            “What are you supposed to finish first? Maybe we can help you,” Max offered.

 

            “Thanks. But it is something very personal,” she replied.

 

            “Oh! Then good luck with whatever you're supposed to do. I hope you finish it very soon. So you can go back to your grandfather,” Max said.

 

            “You're so sweet. Your girlfriend will be such a lucky girl,” she said with a smile.

 

            “Girlfriend?”Max asked with eyes wide open. “How can I have a girlfriend when I don't even have time to sleep properly?”

 

            Everyone of them laughed. Max was always making them laugh with his innocent yet funny reactions and comments.

 

            “Well I know you will find a special girl. So I know she will be lucky,” the girl explained.

 

            “Oh...” Max said.

 

            “Hey, let's get going already. What time are we supposed to be in the studio again?” Micky asked U-Know.

 

            “We're supposed to be there by 10. Well, it is still quarter pass 8. So we got enough time to prepare,” U-Know answered.

 

            “Well, you can start preparing now. I'll take care of the dishes,” Derline said.

 

            “Thanks,” Jaejoong said with a smile.

 

            Micky noticed that all of his other group members seem to like Derline very much. She was already feeling very comfortable with all of them. As for him, he wasn't sure if he could go on  pretending and being nice to her.