Chapter 4

We Will Meet Again Someday

The DBSK boys arrived in their destination. It was a very old but well maintained ancestral house. An old man greeted them at the gate, Max recognized him as his friend's grandfather.

 

            After several minutes, they were already inside the house chatting happily with Max's friend, John and his grandfather. While the others were busy talking with each other, Jaejoong was already very eager to meet John's grandmother because he wanted to ask if she can help interpret Micky's dream.

 

            A few more minutes passed, then an old woman in her mid sixties appeared before them.

 

            “Grandma!” Max exclaimed with joy. Then he hugged the old woman tightly.

 

            “Oh! Changmin, is that really you? Oh my, you have grown up so fast...” the old woman said with warmth.

 

            “He's already a grown man,” the old man said to the old woman.

 

            “Yes, he is. I still remember when he was still playing with John. I can't imagine he's grown into such a handsome man,” the old woman said with a smile.

 

            “I am still the little boy you knew grandma,” Max said with a warm voice.

 

            “Yes, I can see and sense that you haven't changed,” she said. Then she looked at the other DBSK members. “And who might these handsome men be? I think it is my lucky day... I amvisited by such good looking men,”the old woman said with a laugh.

 

            “Grandma, they are Max's other group members. I have told you that Max is a singer now haven't I?” John asked.

 

            “Yes, I know who they are. I was just kidding. I have seen all their pictures in magazines, newspapers and even on the television. So what brought you young men here?” the old woman said.

 

            “Well, grandma, Max's friend has been having a reoccurring dream again and again,” John explained. “They we're hoping that you would be able to help him.”

 

            “Well what sort of dream are you having?” the old woman asked Micky curiously.

 

            Micky told the old woman very detail that he can remember regarding his dream. The old woman was very serious and she was listening to every thing that he was saying. After he told her every detail. The old woman stood up and then went straight to him. Then she asked for Micky's left hand, then the right hand.

 

            Micky silently followed everything that the old woman told him. After almost half an hour, the old woman finally announced what they were all waiting for.

 

            “Frankly, I don't know if I should even be saying this. But my husband says that I should tell everything that I have seen and know based on what you told me,” the old woman started to say.

 

            “Grandma, what did you see? Is the girl in hyung's dream a ghost?” Max asked innocently.

 

            The old woman laughed. “You're still the same, Changmin,” she said. Then she looked at Micky seriously.

 

            “What I am going to tell you.... you may or may not believe it. It all depends on what you want to do ok?” she said with concern.

 

            “What is something wrong Grandma?” Max asked.

 

            “You see, the meaning of your dream is this.... the girl is someone you met from your past life. The two of you had a relationship and was very happy. But something happened to the girl and the two of you got separated,” the old woman narrated.

 

            “What happened to the girl?” Xiah asked curiously.

 

            The old lady looked at Xiah, then at Max, then lastly at Micky. She was somehow reluctant to continue what she was saying earlier. She was afraid that what she was about to say might make Micky nervous or more seriously bothered than he already was.

 

            “So what happened to the girl in Micky's past life Grandma?” Max asked again.

 

            This time the old lady continued. “The young girl died in your past life, and before she died the two of you made a promise that the two of you will meet again in another life.”

 

            “Oh! Sounds so familiar like in a movie... What is it called?” Xiah commented.

 

            “I am not joking,” the old lady said.

 

            “Oh, I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend you Grandma,” Xiah said apologetically.

 

            “It's okay. I just want all of you to know that what I said is what I saw in my premonition regarding with your friend's dream. And it's all up to you whether to believe it or not. But it would be best if you believe, especially you... young man,”she said while looking at Micky.

 

            Micky just sat quietly thinking about what the old lady told them. Then he asked, “So why am I dreaming about her? Is it because she is haunting me or something?”

 

            “No, she's not haunting you. How can she haunt you when she loves you so much. The reason why you are dreaming about her is because the time for the two of you to meet again is approaching,” the old lady answered.

 

            “What you mean the reincarnation of the girl that Micky loved in the past is about to come into his life again? Really Grandma?” Max asked excitedly.

 

            “When you were small I sometimes keep thinking what kind of man you will be like when you grow up Changmin. Now I know,” the old lady laughed again.

 

            “What?” Max asked with his expression those of an innocent kid.

 

            “ A very charming and purely innocent man,” the old lady answered.

 

            “So Grandma how will Micky know if the girl is slready infront of him. I mean how will he know if the girl he is meeting is the girl he's supposed to meet,” Xiah said with confusion.

 

            “That is another thing I want to make clear to you...”the old lady said to Micky.

 

            “What is it Grandma?” Micky asked.

 

            “You have to open your eyes and especially your heart, because there is a big possibility that you won't be able to recognize her. Since it seems she's been the only one constantly looking for you and somehow you have forgotten about her and your promise to each other. I believe that there is a chance that even if the two of you meet again, you won't be able to stay together. I have seen many obstacles hindering your meeting. But what I can surely say is the girl is making all the necessary actions to meet you,” the old lady said with a very sweet smile.

 

            “What do you mean making all the necessary actions?” Micky asked again.

 

            “She has been looking for you for a very long time now, and I have seen that the two of you have somehow met. The reincarnation of the girl you loved in your past life is a very interesting young girl. I have seen her and the things that she did just to try and meet you,” the old lady said with a very bright expression on her face.

 

            “What else did you see Grandma?”

 

            “I saw that she has regained her memories from her past life and she already knows who you are to her in her past life. That's why she is trying every means to get close to you. But she seems to be having difficulty because of your social status in life. What I mean is you, being a singer and all. Also she is a very special girl. You should take care of her when the time comes and the two of you are already together. Another person may try to take her away. The person who will make the two of you separate is someone close to you or to her. I also saw that you might end up hurting one another so be careful on your decisions,” the old lady concluded.

 

            “That's it, Grandma?” Max asked.

 

            “Yes,” the old lady replied.

 

            “Why don't I recognize her? If you say that she already recognizes me as the man from her past life, how come I don't remember anything at all?” Micky asked.

 

            “Because she is special, she has a gift too like me. So she was able to remember her past life with you. Your souls have been crossing paths for over centuries, but none of your reincarnations have succeeded in reuniting with each other. So it is more likely that the two of you now will end up like the other reincarnations you had before,” she said sadly.

 

            “Grandma, isn't there any other way to make sure that hyung and that girl will meet?” Max asked with concern.

 

            “Only the two of them can make that decision. But mostly it is your friend's decision and fate that will decide everything,” the old lady replied.

 

            “So what happens if they don't end up together?” U-Know suddenly asked.

 

            “Then the fate of the girl will be the same as that of the girl in the past,”she said sadly.

 

            “And that is?” Jaejoong asked.

 

            “She will die and end up as being reincarnated again...searching for her long lost love.”

 

            With what the old lady said, every one of the DBSK group stayed silent for a very long time. They knew that the old lady was telling them everything that she knew and that she was just trying to help.

 

            “Hyung! Are you alright?” Max asked with concern written all over his face.

 

            “Yeah. I think I am,” he said with a blank expression on his face.

 

            After a few more minutes, the DBSK boys all decided to leave already. Jaejoong, U-Know. Xiah and Max were very concerned that Micky would become more upset with everything that was happening to him. They wanted to help him but they didn't know what else to do but try to make him forget. On the way back to the hotel, they changed their topic of discussion from sports to music to food to almost any topic that they could think of at the moment. But all their efforts were all in vain, Micky was already very restless and was not thinking properly. They couldn't even talk with him anymore. He was already very silent and would just answer either yes or no.

 

            As soon as the DBSK boys arrived at their hotel. Micky immediately went to their room and went to bed. He didn't want to be disturbed. So he just pulled the bed sheet cover over his head. He wanted to think, but no matter how he tried. He couldn't get the old lady's words out of his mind. He was already losing control. It was as if he was about to get mad or something. He kept thinking about the girl in his dreams, and if what the old lady said was true. He wanted to make himself doubt the old  lady but deep inside he knew that he obviously believed the old woman. With those thoughts in mind, Micky had fallen asleep.