Chapter 10

We Will Meet Again Someday

Almost two weeks passed, all the DBSK members except Micky were already at ease with Derline. They all joked around with her and  they even play tricks on her once in a while. Micky, on the other hand, still wasn't satisfied with  the way his friends were getting along their new assistant.

 

            One day, while they were in their hotel room discussing the details of their upcoming album launching. Micky suddenly thought to ask their manager about their sick assistant and when she was coming back.

            “So when is our assistant coming back?” Micky asked their manager.

 

            “She's fine now. But she still resting. So maybe in two weeks she will be able to come back. Why are you suddenly asking about her? Is there anything wrong with the assistant you have? I can always replace her with a new if you like,” their manager replied.

 

            “No..no.. nothing is wrong. You don't have to replace Derline,” Max immediately said.

 

            “Yes, she is very hardworking and very efficient. We don't have any problem with her,” U-Know said also.

 

            “Then why is Micky asking when your old assistant is coming back?” their manager asked again.

 

            “Nothing... He just thought about sending her flowers again, that's all,” Jaejoong said as an excuse.

 

            “Oh..okay then,” their manager said.

 

            After their manager left, the DBSK members started to have a serious conversation.

 

            “What's wrong with you hyung? Why are you treating Derline like that?” Max asked with irritation in his voice.

 

            The other DBSK members have never seen Max upset with anyone. This was the first time and all because of Derline.

 

            “Treat her like what? I am not doing anything wrong. I just asked about our other assistant. Is there anything wrong with that?” Micky asked. He was obviously upset as well.

 

            “Hey.... Micky, just tell us what's wrong. Maybe we can help you,” U-Know said

 

            “Help me? Okay, I want her to go,” Micky said with an irritated tone.

 

            “But why?” Xiah asked.

 

            “Aren't you the one whose always so sweet and nice to all the girls? So why are you like that all of a sudden? She hasn't done anything to offend you,” Jaejoong said.

 

            “I have been with you guys for years. Just believe me when I say that I don't like her. I don't know why but there is something about her that makes me very uncomfortable. Whenever she is around me, I feel so strange. It's like she's always watching every move that I make. She is nice and all, but I don't think that she's being honest with us. I just feel that she is hiding something. And that is what I don't like about her,” Micky elaborated.

 

            “But that's unfair. She's nice and she's quite hardworking. You can't just judge her and make her lose her job just because you don't like her,” Max said with a raised voice.

 

            “I don't like her! Is that so hard to understand. I don't want her to be around me,” Micky shouted.

 

            The other DBSK members suddenly became shocked. They have never seen Max and Micky this upset. Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know looked at each other. They knew that if they didn't do something Max and Micky might end up fighting.

 

            Just as they were about to say something, Xiah suddenly noticed that Derline was in the room. She was carrying some of their stuffs. She was very silent in the corner of the room. It was obvious that she had heard everything that they were talking about. Tears were already streaming down from her face.

 

            “Derline...” Xiah said.

 

            As Xiah said her name, they all looked at her direction. She was already crying silently. Max saw that she was crying and somehow he felt his heart was break.

 

            Max suddenly went straight to Derline and dragged her out of the room. He led her to their service van in the parking lot. He made her climb inside the van and there she cried  so hard. Max on the other hand, just stood outside the van. As he was hearing her crying, he somehow felt his heart was being torn into pieces. He has never fallen in love. So he didn't know if what he was feeling was love. He was already asking himself if he was in love with her. But it was impossible, he thought. Maybe he just pitied her, he also thought.

 

            Max was very concerned about Derline. He didn't know why but he felt that he needed to protect her. He wanted to help her in anyway that he can. Derline was still crying after almost half an hour. Max didn't know why she was crying so much just because Micky didn't like her. He was very curious as to why she was very hurt when she knew that Micky was very uneasy with her.

 

            He wanted to go inside the van and comfort her. But he thought that it might cause some trouble if they were found inside the van together. He was still thinking when he suddenly noticed that Derline had stopped crying. He was relieved. He thought that her crying would go on for hours. Then he thought that maybe it was time for him to talk to her.

 

            He was about to open the van, when Jaejoong, Xiah, U-Know and Micky suddenly appeared.

 

            "Hey! Where's Derline? Micky wants to apologize..." Xiah said to Max.

 

            "She's inside the van. She's been crying ever since we got here," Max replied.

 

            "But she stopped now?" Jaejoong asked, noticing that it was quiet inside the van.

 

            "Yeah, I think so," Max replied again.

 

            "Come on, open the door," U-Know said.

 

            Max opened the door of the van. He was shocked with what he found. Derline was lying unconscious on the seat of the van. He gently carried her out of the van. He was holding her tightly that the other DBSK members all noticed the special way he was holding her.

 

            "What should we do? Maybe she fainted because she cried so much," Max said to the others.

 

            "Let's call our manager," U-Know replied.

 

            "No time. How about we bring her to a hospital already," Jaejoong suggested.

 

            "I think that is the best thing we can do," Xiah said.

 

            "I'll drive," Micky said with a blank expression.

 

            The DBSK boys all  went inside the van. While they were on their way to the hospital, Jaejoong noticed that Max was very concerned about Derline. He was holding her in his arms as if he was afraid to let her go. He was very gently caressing her face and constantly trying to wake her up.

 

            Jaejoong looked at Xiah who was also watching Max. Both of them knew what the other was thinking. They just kept silent and waited until they reached the hospital.

 

            At the hospital, Max immediately brought her into the emergency room. Many people immediately noticed the DBSK boys. Within minutes, a big crowd was already following them. Luckily, a doctor allowed them to stay inside the emergency room as to avoid the big crowd outside waiting for them. U-Know called their manager and informed him of what happened to Derline and their present situation at the hospital. They were told to stay put and that their manager would get them in half an hour.

 

            Derline, on the other hand, was still unconscious. The doctors asked the boys different things but they all couldn't answer since they didn't know Derline that much. They saw how the doctors examined her. And after several minutes, when they had gotten the results of her examination, they started to examine her again. It was obvious that something was wrong with her. The doctors were very worried with her condition.