Chapter Nine

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Seulgi carefully tucked Seolhyun to her room, she and Joohyun went to the kitchen counter to talk, like how they did before when they were married. They used to spend a lot of time in the kitchen drinking wine by the end of the day, talking about anything. Only now, they’re having hot chocolate milk.

Seulgi was leaning at the counter, holding her mug. The awkward silence is making her more nervous than she’s supposed to be. The drink isn’t helping at all. She wished it was a wine glass she was drinking from. At least liquid courage would power up her guts.

There wasn’t Seolhyun this time. Seulgi thinks she had been thinking too much. Much not like her. She is known for being too rushed with decisions and stuff when she was younger, and she still is. She wondered if asking Joohyun that question proved her to be unworthy of being in her family’s life at all. All she wanted was to be with Seolhyun and Joohyun. But five years are a lot of time. She can’t just appear and disappear again, which she’s doing.

“You’re spending too much time with Seolhyun. You should spend time with your parents while you’re here.” Joohyun was stirring the spoon in her mug thoughtlessly. Seulgi is here, just steps in distance. It’s close, but still too far, in her opinion. Things have changed, really. She has changed.

“Should we tell my parents about Seolhyun?” Seulgi asked. Joohyun’s parents were already dead. And Seulgi’s parents adored Joohyun. When they divorced, it wasn’t only Seulgi that Joohyun lost, her parents as well. She knew the longing when they talked about Joohyun the day she first shared a meal with them after five years. Her mother was really disappointed to see Joohyun with someone else.

“Up to you, Seul.” Joohyun shrugged, she knew this would happen. One moment, Seulgi would look cool asking her to remarry and then another moment she seems like a scaredy cat not knowing if telling her parents would be a great idea.

“I’ll let them know once I come back.” Seulgi took a sip from her mug again. This time, a gulp. “I’ll come by the day after tomorrow so I can say goodbye to Seolhyun before my flight.”

“Okay.” Joohyun thriftly said.

--

“How do I win Joohyun’s heart again?” Seulgi asked. She was already half-drunk at the same place she and Sooyoung went to last time.

“Why the hell would you win Joohyun’s heart? You already divorced five years ago. If you get back with her, you would be the clown of the century.”

“Why so?”

“Didn’t you that know she and Junmyeon have a thing?” Sooyoung answered as a matter of fact. Like everyone would know these things through common sense.

“No, they’re not. And that won’t matter because the child is mine.” Seulgi blurted out. It may be her carelessness but she immediately got to her senses after realizing had betrayed her.

“Heol!” Sooyoung’s eyes turned big. She smiled like Seulgi owes her a lot of tea. “So you finally asked her?”

“Yeah, but don’t tell anyone else.” Seulgi is worried this would blow up.

“I kept your secret from Joohyun after all these years that you’re still in love with her. And yet, you accuse me of telling it to the world?” Sooyoung is a bit disappointed at her friend’s reaction. “Do you know how hard it is to be at work with her and not spill your secret? She’s also my friend, you know.”

“How come you don’t know the child is mine if you were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter