Chapter Two

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It would not have been awkward if Joohyun isn’t Seulgi’s ex-wife. They’ve divorced some five years ago with mutual consent.

“Uhm, yeah.” Joohyun looks at the child dearly.

Seolhyun checked out the drawing Seulgi did. “Teach me to draw!” She carefully checks out the bird the old lady had drawn on the ground. It was very intricate and good.

“Sure.” Seulgi said coolly, looking alternately from the kid and the mom.

“Seolhyunnie, we shouldn’t bother Aunt Seulgi.” Joohyun took her child’s hand.

“Thank you.” Seolhyun said bowing her head.

“It was nice meeting you, Seul. But we really should go.” Joohyun just went and led her child away from Seulgi.

To Seulgi, it doesn’t add up. They broke up a little more than five years ago. The kid is five. Joohyun couldn’t have been pregnant after that. The kid would have been just four.

Before she had the urge to ask, the pair was already out of her sight. A lot of things were running through her head.

Could it be that Joohyun cheated on her before they divorced?

Anyhow, she’d need to find out. Soon.

She wasn’t ready to see Joohyun at all. Not after the five years she buried herself into canvasses and paint buckets in Berlin. It’s still the reason why she was contemplating on coming back to South Korea. The divorce was too long ago but it still impacts her to this day. There were so many ifs on her mind.

What if she stayed?

What if she didn’t pursue studying in Berlin?

What if Joohyun has someone else?

What if Seolhyun is hers?

After a while, Seulgi came to a convenience store to charge her phone. She asked her mother where their place is after her phone was raised back from the dead.

She cannot help but feel more anxious. It took her a while to register it to her head. It’s only that Seolhyun is her child or someone else’s. She would have to know. She badly needs to know. Or else, she would go insane.

She sent a message to someone who might know the answer.

After a little less than five minutes her phone rang. The caller id said Sooyoung.

“Yah! Are you in Korea right now?” Sooyoung asked. It had been long since she last heard from Seulgi.

“Yep. About what I asked?” Seulgi was dying to know.

“I’ll tell you in person. Where are you right now?” Sooyoung was thrilled. She was so excited, she had to bribe Seulgi to something to see her in person.

“I’m on my way to my parents’ house.”

“Let me guess, your mom told you she or your father is dying?”

“Yeah. As usual.”

“I’ve seen them last week partying with my parents. They sure can dance like crazy when they’re dying.”

“It’s fine, Sooyoung. I’ll pay my respects and then we can go drink out later tonight. My treat.”

“Okay. Don’t bail on me, then.”

Seulgi ended the call. She checked the location on Google Maps her mother had sent her. She definitely remembers way off.

She grabbed her backpack and called for a cab.

She always kept a key of their house. It has always been a habit of hers. Keeping stuff really dear to her. Upon opening the gate, she immediately saw her father tending to the plants

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter