Chapter Five

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence had enveloped both of them. Only sound of Seolhyun’s slight whistling was evident. All this time, Seulgi never thought she would have a kid of her own. Her strength suddenly left her as she sat on the bed. This cute kiddo had been without her for five years this whole time. She demands answers to the endless questions in her head. Too much that she wasn’t sure which one to ask first.

“Do you remember the time when you said, when I’m ready, I should surprise you with being pregnant?” Joohyun looked at her child. Seolhyun is the smart and serene bundle of joy she had when Seulgi left. Seolhyun was all she has. “I found out two months after you flew to Germany that the IVF process was a success.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Seulgi took her child’s hand and noticed the IV line that was connected to the blood hanging. There was almost a third of it left. She still had mixed feelings about this. Seolhyun’s hand gripped hers. And it was a better feeling than the one she had moments later.

“I couldn’t. You were getting on with your dream, finally. You worked so hard for that scholarship and that meant the world to you. I saw how much you wanted it. I don’t want to ruin your life just because of a mistake I did.”

“But five years?” Seulgi almost shouted. She couldn’t control it anymore. She stood up and motioned for Joohyun to go out of the room.

They reached the hall’s end. The windowed walls gave them a look of the city’s skyline.

“We shouldn’t argue in front of our child.” Seulgi said seriously.

“I really thought it was the best for both of us. You with your dream, and I with the memory of you.” Joohyun tried to explain.

“What about Seolhyun? Did you think of her at all?” Seulgi raised her voice. She felt bad for not being there. “God, Joohyun! I missed the first five years of her life. The kid deserved better.”

Joohyun started to sob. She never saw Seulgi like this. Her Seulgi never got angry. Not even once when they were dating or when they were married. She surely understood why Seulgi is being like this. But it was a bit too much. “You cut me off of your life. How would I even contact you when you’ve blocked me off of everything?”

To Seulgi, Joohyun’s point was heavy. She indeed cut off every tie she had with everyone. Not Just Joohyun’s. Even contacting her parents to the minimal. She was unfair herself. “I’m sorry,” is all she could muster.

Joohyun was heaving heavily. Even punching her chest didn’t help the pain. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter