Chapter Fifteen

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is it really necessary to do it today?” Joohyun tries to think of ways she can avoid it. Not that she doesn’t want her child to meet her grandparents but it’s just that she and Seulgi haven’t talked about what they’ll do yet. They haven’t even decided on how their relationship as coparents would work out. She’s open to possibilities but they need to really sit on it and talk on the details if ever Seulgi wants to take responsibility.

“I was just merely suggesting. If not today, when?” Seulgi looks at Joohyun for affirmation.

“Seolhyun, can you come upstairs? Seulgi and I have some important stuff to talk about.” Joohyun’s voice is almost commanding. She knows how Seulgi is decisive with things, she can turn this around.

“But, eomma!” Seolhyun tries to protest and gets closer to Seulgi on the couch.

“No more buts young lady. We’ll call you in for breakfast when it’s ready.” Joohyun walks beside the stairs and bends down as Seolhyun approaches. The kid halfheartedly kisses Joohyun on the cheek and runs up.

To Seulgi, this is scarier than she thought it would be. She knows she needed to take the lead, but she’s scared that things might go not as she expects it to be. Coming clean to her parents would be one way of slashing things off her list. Not that she has any but she’s listing as she goes on.

“Cut some onions and garlic. I believe you know where to find them.” Joohyun takes the boiled water and readies the tea. She cannot function well, if she hasn’t taken her daily dose of caffeine.

Seulgi follows religiously, as she senses the seriousness in her ex-wife’s tone. When they were together, cooking has been something they complement each other with. She was usually tasked with cutting all the vegetables and Joohyun would cook for real.

Joohyun feels the need that she should lead since Seulgi’s lips are tied shut. Yesterday was a memorable day for her that Seolhyun finally met Seulgi officially but today, it’s just too awkward. Awkward that Seulgi is pushing her to introduce Seolhyun to her parents.

“How do you plan on introducing Seolhyun? We cannot just barge in and tell them you have a child with your ex-wife. It doesn’t make sense. It will not make any sense at all.”

“That was exactly my plan.” Seulgi sighs as she carefully cuts the garlic.

“And what after that?” Joohyun asks almost in a whisper. She’s not sure if Seulgi heard her.

Seulgi’s favorite movie lin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter