Chapter Nineteen

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That went great.” Seulgi told Joohyun as soon as they put Seolhyun to bed. It was already late when they went home from her parents’ house.

“What did eomeoni tell you before we went home?” Joohyun got curious. Before they went home, Seulgi was called by her mother and they looked pretty serious talking by the side.

“I got a bit of scolding.” Seulgi answered and smiled disappointingly. “You know how eomma is to me.” But truth be told, she got more than just a scolding. Her mother asked her what her plans are. Sure, they live under one roof but sooner or later, they would have to plan whether to remarry or not. Both of them are media-tied individuals and not being careful would make an impact to the kid either way.

“Well, you deserved it!” Joohyun said sarcastically. She cannot be mad for too long at Seulgi and she’s thankful her ex-mother-in-law did her some justice.

“I know.” Seulgi was touching her elbow.

“Good night, Seul. Set an early alarm. We’re bringing Seolhyun to the doctor tomorrow.” Joohyun reminded Seulgi.

“Good night, Joo.” Seulgi went to the other room.

---

Seulgi never had better sleep in months. The blaring alarm she set last night even sounded really natural, something that she didn’t hate. She took a shower and put on some decent clothes. She noticed how much her choice of clothes didn’t matter as it did to her before. She took one look at the mirror before finally getting out of her room which used to be her drafting room. This is where she did a lot of her art. Nothing was really out of its place. It was still the home she knew, just with a bed that wasn’t there before.

Arriving at the first floor, she almost tripped because seeing Joohyun so focused in cooking, made her heart skip a beat.

“Appa!” Seolhyun called out.

As Seulgi turned to see her daughter, she saw Junmyeon seated on one of the living room seats.

“It’s been a long time, Seulgi-sshi.” Junmyeon greeted her with a smug look on his face.

The smile on Seulgi’s face suddenly faded. She knew Junmyeon as the really arrogant ex Joohyun had. She slumped on the sofa lazily giving Seolhyun a hi-five. “What brings you here?” She sarcastically greeted back.

“Didn’t Joohyun tell you?” Junmyeon tried to tease Seulgi.

“Didn’t tell me what?” Seulgi’s tone went a bit higher. She thought the day would go great, but she assumed too early.

“Stop it, both of you.” Joohyun suddenly said as she was holding the plate of hot pancakes. “We’ll talk it out as we eat.” She added and gestured for Seolhyun to go at the table.

Seulgi didn’t have any choice. Her ex’s ex is here. She stood up and went to the table as her mortal enemy followed suit. This smug really is something, she thought.

She didn’t even touch any of the pancake Joohyun cooked but she saw how much her daughter looked at her. Seolhyun looked very worried. Having realized this, she smiled at her daughter and took lumps of the food in front of her. In a few gobbles, her plate was empty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter