Chapter Thirteen

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months have gone by really quick and Seulgi is just excited to come home. She cannot believe she has this many things. What she estimated to be three boxes, had been eight in no time. And by the time she is finished, she’s trying to figure out how these will fit in her parents’ house.

“Unnie, if you haven’t bought too much toys, all your belongings would fit in one box.” Yerim sees how problematic her sunbae looks. In the years, they were living together, the older artist spent most of her time buying collectible toys.

“Yah! Two whole boxes are my art supplies! And they are not just toys! I was thinking in advance. This is my investment for Seolhyun!” Seulgi is quick to reason out. This kept her sane when she was just starting out in Berlin. She didn’t know it will become an obsession like this.

“Really? You would let her take them out the boxes and play with them like normal kids play their toys?” Yerim remembers the time she took out one of the Iron Man funko pop from its box to check out its details. When Seulgi found out, her sunbae didn’t talk to her for two whole days.

“Well, she could just appreciate their beauty and play videogames instead.” Seulgi spats. She will miss friendly banters like this with Yerim. For the past three years, they were the only ones who would stick together because they were the only Koreans in the university.

“Unnie, I was thinking.” Yerim says as if she’s become a bit serious. “What would you think if we partnered for a studio in South Korea?” She asks. Maybe, just maybe this would be a more feasible point in it.

“Yerim-ah! The art scene back at home isn’t as good here. By six months, we would be eating dust and canvasses.” Seulgi didn’t know Yerim is considering of going back. After all, both of them had already graduated in the prestigious art school. Europe is by far, the best avenue for artists like them.

“If we sell all your toys, we can make enough rent for a studio for a year.” Yerim jokes. Observing her sunbae’s reaction, her hope was a bit shattered. “You and I had been venturing out with digital painting. I think we can get commissions for ads and stuff like that.” She retorted. Nowadays, everything seems to be digital. Sure, paintings do well. But that’s just in Europe, and not in their homeland.

Seulgi actually planned this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter