Chapter Twelve

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks since Seulgi went to Berlin and things are going as smooth as it is supposed to be. She was commissioned to do the exhibit for three months instead of six stating that she is coming back to South Korea after this.

You might think that exhibits would only display the artist's works and the artist would sit prettily in the background. You're incredibly wrong with that notion. Every day, Seulgi has to oversee it by herself. She has to open with a presentation for every group that passes through the entrance. It's hard work, really. But Seulgi must endure. This just means she needs to build as much connection she could bring. Though she will be back in South Korea, she still hopes that with this little gesture, people from here would still appreciate her work even if she's going far away from the heart of the art scene.

And she thought to herself, she would do well. After all, this will be her last exhibit in Berlin.

Usually, she video calls Seolhyun at this time of the day when the exhibit isn't particularly busy. So far, according to Sooyoung's delivery efforts, it seems like Joohyun is opening up more to the idea that she is trying her best to win her back.

After a few rings, Joohyun answers the call together with Seolhyun who is already in bed. Seulgi usually just calls to wish Seolhyun good night.

"Aunt Seulgi!" Seolhyun squeeled in excitement.

"How is it going little kiddo?" Seulgi greets. If only she wasn't bound by a contract, she would've gone on the earliest flight back to where Seolhyun is. She misses her kid really bad. Now, she understands why her parents were really eager for her to come home. Being away from your child is like losing your soul from your body.

"Today, I met Aunt Soo again. She's really nice and gives me a lot of gifts." Seolhyun picked up the book Aunt Sooyoung gave her earlier today. She put it on the screen for her Aunt Seulgi to see. Lately, her eomma is so busy, Aunt Sooyoung keeps her company.

"That's a really nice book, Hyunnie." Seulgi smiles at the thought. In less than three months, she will be there to do it too. Catching up for the lost years they have been apart would be fun, she imagined.

"Unnie, some foreign investors just came in!" Yerim tapped her sunbae, as she saw a new group touring the exhibit.

"Oh! Can you hold this real quick?" Seulgi gave her phone to her hoobae. She looks at her child once more and briefly introduces Yerim.

"Hi, Aunt Yerim! Do you want to be my friend?" The kid asks.

"You must be Seolhyun. Ofcourse I'd be honored to be your friend." Yerim had seen Seulgi do this for the past couple of weeks. She could only give them privacy whenever Seulgi talks to the kid. And this is the first time Seulgi introduced her to Seolhyun. She can now see the striking resemblance. It is no joke. No matter how she puts it, Seolhyun is clearly Seulgi's little clone.

"You're my sixth friend, Aunt Yerim!" Seolhyun smiles shyly. "Can you sing me to sleep?"

"Eeeh?" Yerim exclaims as she's dumbfounded. This kid is really something.

"Aunt Seulgi always sings me to sleep. But she seems really busy. Can you do it for me instead?" Seolhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter