Chapter Six

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was seated in the pediatric lounge as she fished her phone out of her pocket. She wanted to take a picture of her right palm but couldn’t. Her phone kept on slipping because of the bandage that was wrapped in her knuckles. Doctor Son must have put a lot than needed.

“Do you want me to take it for you?” Joohyun suddenly put the coffee cups she was holding onto the table. The most decent drink she could get from the vending machine is this type of coffee that Seulgi never had a liking for.

Seulgi gave her phone to Joohyun, somehow hesitating. She hated this feeling of only having shared this moment with Seolhyun. The amount of time wasted, all because of her misdeeds, is just too frustrating.

Joohyun sat beside Seulgi holding the latter’s hand still. No matter how much she wanted to focus on taking the images, she cannot take any good shots because she’s holding Seulgi’s hand. The sparks are still there. She calmed a bit and took four or five shots until she was satisfied and returned the phone to Seulgi. “She takes after you a lot.” She said.

Seulgi kept touching her palm, tracing every intricate line her child had drawn. It was surreal. “How ill is Seolhyun?” She asked. “Is it serious?”

“It is.” Joohyun confessed. And after a moment of silence, she knew she needed to let Seulgi know. She’s her co-parent after all. “Two years ago, she was diagnosed with aplastic anemia. The cause is unknown. Fifty percent of the cases are like this so I really didn’t know what to make of it. You know anemia? But this one has the bone marrow broken. At first, she only had bruises I thought she got while playing. And then after a while, her nose bleeding cannot be stopped. That’s how she got diagnosed.” She still remembered those days in detail. Imagine her horror not having Seulgi by her side, and Seolhyun is sick.

“How is the treatment going?” Seulgi really wanted to know. This is her child they were talking about. She wants to know if she can do anything for her kid.

“We go once a month for transfusion and tests.” Joohyun held her cup and took a sip from it. This was nothing new to them. Seolhyun is doing great with the transfusions so far, and she’s hoping to improve this situation.

“How are you, Joohyun?” Seulgi asked as she laid her hand on top of her ex-wife’s. She doesn’t know if this is really the time to rekindle what they had. With Seolhyun in the middle, she feels like this should be a no-brainer th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter