Chapter Four

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi never thought she would see Seolhyun this day. But the sole reason why she took a walk earlier was because she cannot stop thinking about the kid and Joohyun. The accident happened like something in the movies, that by some reason, they met again out of the blue.

“I saw you were in a wheel chair so I followed you here.” Seolhyun was panting. Almost gasping for air. “Are you alright, Aunt Seulgi?”

 “You know her?” Doctor Son asked the child.

Seolhyun just nodded to the doctor.

Seulgi patted the kid’s head with her unharmed hand as Doctor Son is still dressing her left hand. “This is nothing. When you’re twelve and big like me, it wouldn’t hurt so much.” She said but the doctor had brushed on quite a deep spot. She winced a little.

“But I saw your knee with blood.” Seolhyun insisted as she was looking up at Seulgi’s face.

“Seolhyun, your Aunt Seulgi is fine.” Doctor Son had said, finally finishing dressing the wounds. “Where’s your mom?”

“I don’t know.” Seolhyun confessed.

“My, my. I didn’t know Joohyun had a sister.” Doctor Son double checked as she was alternating glances at both Seulgi and Seolhyun. “You sure look a lot alike.” She took her coat and let out a sigh. “I’m really sorry for this. Few minor scratches here and there, but you are fine. I’ll get you a schedule for the x-ray of your foot just to be sure if we’d cast it or not. Just wait here and I’ll personally accompany you there.” She offered a half-disappointed smile.

“Thank you.” Both Seulgi and Seolhyun said simultaneously. And it sounded like they were twins.

When Doctor Son ran off, Seulgi stared at the kid for a while. “Where is your mother?” She asked even knowing Doctor Son already asked.

As if on cue, Joohyun entered the ER, looking as frantic as Seulgi saw her yesterday.

“Kang Seolhyun! What did I say about bolting off? You need to get your blood transfusion.” Joohyun’s brows were furrowed together.

Seulgi’s heart beat fast when she heard Joohyun. She called Seolhyun a Kang. There were so many things running through her head, all at once.

Seolhyun was caught red-handed. Like the cute small kiddo she is, she just looks at the ground swaying a little before trying to make an explanation. “I saw Aunt Seulgi.” She stammered a bit.

Now realizing why her child went missing, Joohyun sees Seulgi propped up on the bed with bandages, who is raising her right hand. “Seul?”

“Yeah, don’t go harsh on the kid.” Seulgi finally spoke. She looked at Joohyun intently and when she finally foun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter