Chapter Three

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi woke up at her parents’ house. Time was really of essence and she really just wasted another day slumped in her bed blaming it all on Sooyoung. Her head hurts like crazy and she felt the urge to vomit every time she would inhale some air. It was catastrophic.

It had really been long since she drank like last night. No European liquor can beat soju for her. Even Yerim, who was the only Korean that got into her college would agree that soju is the best.

Now that she thought of it, she only got four days before she goes back to Berlin. A prominent collector wanted to sponsor Seulgi’s works for an exhibit. To think of it, Seulgi was just dreaming of exhibits years ago, and now this will be her sixth. Everyone would agree that Seulgi is quite gifted in the arts. At a young age, she was already drawing portraits. After graduating from Seoul National University, she worked as the main art director for a children’s book where she met Bae Joohyun.

She collected the last of her energy and took her phone from her bedside table. She felt so drained. It was already two in the afternoon. It may have been the jet lag and drunkenness together that she cannot bring herself to even stand up.

Maybe tomorrow will be a good day, and she goes back to sleep.

--

It was already nighttime when Seulgi’s mother went to wake her up. Seulgi looked almost identical to a bear hibernating when she comes home like this. “Kang Seulgi!!” Mom shouted.

As if, almost like an alarm clock, Seulgi had immediately stood up from her slumber. “Eomma.” She said as she was still half asleep.

“Eat or you’ll die from hunger.” Her mom warned.

Seulgi went after her mother and sat on the chair of their dining table. Soup was already served in a bowl for her, smoking hot. Perfect for her hangover. She took a sip before noticing her father was missing in action. “Where’s appa?”

“Just outside, tending the plants.” Seulgi’s mother answered as she was sitting across her daughter.

“I should be cooking for a grandchild but instead I’m still cooking for my good-for-nothing daughter.” She frowned. It would have been nice to have someone running and laughing across the room. With only the two of them, and Seulgi away, it had been really boring for her.

“If I had one, you would have less allowance from me.” Seulgi chuckled.

“You give more than enough.” Seulgi’s mother almost whispered.

“Should I cut it in half?” Seulgi continued to joke as she halves slurping the soup her mother had made for her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter