Chapter Eleven

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a good thing that Joohyun was able to save the stew. She sees that Sooyoung is doing well beside Seolhyun. She is sure that if Seulgi was to assign one, Sooyoung would be their kid’s godmother.

The three of them met when they did their first project together. It was the children’s book she wrote called “The bunny who cannot seem to go home.” She was a seasoned writer, and the two were just having their first corporate work. The two best friends were assigned to her team, as Seulgi was the main illustrator and Sooyoung was the copy editor.

Things changed when she suddenly gets a love letter. And she thought that was the end of it. But every day, the letters just pops in at her desk. Eventually, she caught the culprit who happens to be Sooyoung. But then, Sooyoung quickly told her it was Seulgi’s idea.

And now, she regrets not being able to retain their friendship after her divorce with Seulgi happened. If Sooyoung is here, the Seulgi must have already told her about their child.

Many speculations have been made by the people around her. Some say, Seolhyun is Junmyeon’s. Some say, Seolhyun is Seulgi’s. Some say, she adopted the child from the orphanage after the divorce. Through the years, she kept shut. Leaving the judgement to the gossipmongers. After all, the truth is all that matters and that Seolhyun is not hurt by it.

“Joohyun-ah! Would the stew still be edible?” Sooyoung joked as the movie they were watching, already finished. It seemed like Seolhyun is bored too. She went and saw the kid grabbing some colored pencils on the side.

“I’m almost done!” Joohyun chimed “Are you being your best friend’s wingwoman again?” She asked as she sees the tulips, cake and love letter on the counter.

“I’ve done it once, and doing it again seems like you two owe me a fortune. If that’s what it takes for the both of you to be married again, then why not?” Sooyoung just watches as the kid draws some dinosaurs on a fine sheet of paper. Indeed, Seulgi and her daughter are alike in many ways.

“Do you know my other mom, Aunt Sooyoung?” Seolhyun asks out of the blue.

“Oh, your other mom? Yeah. I guess.” Sooyoung said in panic. She wasn’t ready for this kind of question. Moreover, this kid seems to think like an adult.

“Do you think she misses me too?” Seolhyun stopped what she was doing and looked at the auntie in front of her. If Aunt Sooyoung knows her other mom and that means she knows a lot about her. “Do you think doesn’t love me like eomma?” She started to sob. Even if she hasn’t seen her, she’s pretty sure she misses her other mom.

“Seolhyun-ah! Don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter