Chapter Seven

Hey, kiddo!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi wasn’t able to sleep. Her jitters from the excitement were keeping her up. She would see Seolhyun again. She was contemplating on telling her parents about her child but she decided to keep it a secret for now. Going home with bandages was a bit too much for them to handle, what more if Seulgi announces that they have a grandchild?

Seulgi looked at her palm. She remembered how Joohyun’s hand felt in hers. Even without Seolhyun, she thinks she would still be in love with Joohyun. Moving on was something she never quite passed with. Even when there were a lot of opportunities to get it over with in Germany, she focused more and more on honing her craft.

All her bandages felt quite heavy. Now, she can feel the bruises coming in. She then sends a message to Doctor Son though it’s five in the morning.

/ Can I take out all my bandages?  - Seulgi /

After what might seem like two minutes, her phone buzzed.

/ You could but you need to clean and replace them. /

/ Thanks! /

She also felt the urge to ask more about Seolhyun’s case but that would mean she would need to reveal that she’s the kid’s parent. For that, she thought of Joohyun. She doesn’t want that to affect her family in any way so she chose to keep mum about it. Ah, family. She dreamt of it with Joohyun when they first met. And now that it’s a reality, she’s thinking of how things will be now.

She decided to take out all the bandages and patches she has. The one in her knee is hurting like hell. She doesn’t have much pain tolerance after all. Maybe the feeling of pain was just drowned yesterday by the happy hormones she had from knowing Seolhyun is hers.

She went to the bathroom and stripped her clothes. She noticed the big purple bruise on her ankle. She didn’t know a bruise could look like this hue. She showered because she wanted to smell and look good for today. She erased the drawing on her hand, almost wanting it to be permanent.

Looking at the mirror, she remembered how Seolhyun looked a lot like her. She realized that Joohyun has done well with upbringing their child for five years without her. There was so much wasted time. And she regrets every single bit of it.

After prepping up and dressing her wounds, it was still evident that her foot isn’t doing well. She went limping again and saw her mother had already prepared food on the table.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Seulgi’s mother had said.

“I need to go somewhere.” Seulgi quickly sat on the chair and devoured her bowl.

“You’ve been in an accident last time I let you out.” Seulgi’s mother worryingly said.

“Don’t baby her. She’s almost thirty-one!” Seulgi’s father retorted.

“Thanks, dad.” Seulgi giggled. She’s stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter