C.10

REVERSE


Their hope to be at peace from any presence of the F4 was at naught when even in their Physical Activity class the four giants were already there, sitting in the bleacher with some robe to hide on their swimming trunks. Because for that month, PE was all about swimming.

"Oh please just kill me." CL muttered weakly when she saw the playboy waving at their direction and beckoned them to join them in the bleacher.

"This is not happening." Dara responded in rather denial state since she wasn't recognizing the events anymore. It wasn't repeated even. It took another course for Pete's sake.

Both of them stopped from self lulling when the teacher was behind them.

"Get going girls. We don't have all day." she said as both Dara and CL ran to the bleacher knowing how strict Mrs. Santiago was.

Having no choice at all, both Dara and CL saw the empty bleacher just in front of F4 as they walked towards it in bowed heads feeling the F4 boys were checking them out openly.

There were silent glee among the female students in the same class as they were excited to see F4 in tight trunks. 

When both CL and Dara already settled themselves in the bleacher, the class was disturbed when Dara yelped in much startlement when her school swimming suit was yanked from behind.

Everyone saw how Jiyong was pulling Dara towards his bleacher while the poor Dara was purely bowled over his sudden action.

"Carry on with the instruction, Ssem." Daesung said as if wanting to deviate all of their eyes from the F4's leader.

"Ah yeah. As what I'm saying, we'll try basic swimming technique today." the teacher continued.

Dara found herself sitting beside Jiyong once again while CL found herself in a sandwich of Seungri and Daesung. "Just what is your problem?" she demanded to Jiyong who didn't bother on responding to her when he took off his high grade robe. "Y-yah."

"Don't you ing walk around with that cheap swimsuit." Jiyong hissed before he shoved the robe to her.

Dara looked down to it with a frown. "What am I gonna do with this?"

"Are you retard? Put it on." He hissed rather loudly.

"Don't call me stupid, you moron." Dara fought back disturbing the whole class once again.

"Yes, Ssem. Shall we start?" Taeyang was the one to call the teacher's attention to him before he stood up, tapping Seungri and Daesung. The rest of the students cheered loudly when the three took off their robe while CL rolled her eyes seeing Seungri winking at her direction.

"You are moron to think the swimsuit befit you." Jiyong snarled in rather low voice now, ignoring how the attention weren't directed to them anymore.

"It's a swimsuit for swimming class. What do you want me to wear here? Some kind of pajamas?" Dara fought back.

"Put. The. Robe. On." Jiyong said in rather warning tone while Dara saw he was close to losing his patience before she hastily do what he says.

CL felt so unrelaxed, listening to her friend dealing with the Kwon leader's attitude.

***
Minzy looked at Dara's direction who wasn't so energetic as she used to be when she stacked the take- away cups.

"Unnie, what are you thinking?" she asked Dara.

Looking up with blank expression, Dara raised her brows to Minzy. "Yes, Minzy. Yes." 

Minzy laughed at Dara this time. "Yes to what, unnie?"

"What? Did you ask something else?" Dara stopped what she was doing.

"I asked you what were you thinking." Minzy reinforced.

"A-ah...haha. School stuff I guess." Dara answered. 

"School stuff you mean boys or studies?" Minzy presented two options.

"Both." 

"Ohhh!" Minzy felt so thrilled. "What? Got anyone interested of you?"

"Yep. Superbly interested into making my life miserable." Dara said.

Minzy blinked at her statement, quite weighing things out before she grinned at her. "So you already snapped out and had sparred the Kwon leader of F4?"

Dara's face was a picture of astonishment. "H-how did you even know?"

"Unnie, we've been together for long time. I saw you have little to no patience over someone who bully your close friends. So who needed the saving that caused you to be in Kwon's bad side?"

Dara only shook her head in amazement. "You're quite amazing to conclude such thing."

"Don't forget I'm studying Psychology. I study human behaviour." 

"Which is creepy for my opinion." Dara humored.

Minzy laughed about it. "Don't you even try to deviate from our main clause of this discussion. So what about this Kwon leader, huh?"

Dara heaved a deep sigh as she was about to answer Minzy when customers filled the shop, making both of them in autopilot into standing straight to greet them.

"Good evening, masters." Dara and Minzy greeted in bowed head before they resumed their straight posture to serve the customers.

"What can I get you, master?" Dara greeted with a practiced smile before it got wiped out, seeing the smiling faces of Seungri and Daesung who came with the ever silent Taeyang and their leader himself.

Jiyong regarded her with a frown laced with boredom as he made a ran over to what she was wearing. He then scoffed as if not so thrilled to see her working late at such small cafe.

"Can we get some good shot of hot coffee, cutey?" Daesung charmed Minzy who giggled at such address to her before she went about to prepare some for the four men.

"Can you help me out, Dara?" Minzy called her out while Dara immediately turned from the counter to help Minzy.

After a while, the coffee were ready to be served to the four men in the table.

"Bring the coffee to them, I'll bring the cake." Minzy said and went to the pastry display to get one cake that one of the guys ordered.

Dara put the coffee in the tray and went to the only customers they have in that moment.

"The hardworking gangsta is here, ya all." Seungri announced and Dara knew he was a little tipsy. 

Placing the coffee in the table, Dara could smell the hint of alcohol from them while she tried her best not to wince.

"I'm sorry for the little uncomfortable smell of spirit. We just came from a friend's party in the club." Taeyang politely said seeing Dara winced a little at the smell.

"Don't bother to explain, Tae." Jiyong crossed in, looking up to Dara briefly before he dug out something from his pocket.

"You shouldn't be drinking. Not in your state." Dara talked back, directly staring at Jiyong who turned his head to her again.

"The are you talking about?" Jiyong hissed as he glared at her.

The F3 too had no idea why was Dara saying that as if she knew something about Jiyong's condition which had been hidden from the public's eyes. Only a few knew about his mental state and his occasional seizures every now and then.

"I-I'm just saying." Dara immediately said seeing that a tipsy Jiyong wasn't at all charming.

" off." Jiyong said while he lighted a cigarette.

"You're not allowed to smoke here." Dara once again dared to say while Jiyong slammed his hand on the table making his friends flinched seeing their leader quite pissed off now.

Even Minzy clutched her chest in astonishment as she saw what was happening. By the look of that certain man, she can't even stepped in to help Dara out from there.

Pissed overpowered Dara now as her brows in one line as she too was quite agitated. She stepped towards Jiyong and snagged the lighted cigarette off his grip and crashed it to her palm, flinching a little at the pain of burn it brought her palm.

Everyone was frozen at such callousness of Dara before Jiyong stood up with wide eyes and hastily grabbed Dara's closed fist.

"OPEN UP!" Jiyong shouted when Dara was being stubborn when she stubbornly looked at him, challenging him.

Feeling he can't win over her, he forced a heavy breath when he nodded to her. "Look, I was wrong. I'm sorry, alright? Now let it go." 

Daesung, Seungri and Taeyang had the look of surprise to their faces when someone had made Jiyong immediately ate his pride and even apologized for his attitude.

There was a little hint of tear in Dara's eyes when she finally let let go of the cigarette, seeing the obvious trace of burn on her palm right now. It stung so much but she tried prying her hand from his grip but he wont let go.

Without asking anyone's permission, Jiyong dragged her to the counter and ran the water from faucet.

"I'm fine." Dara said with a frown.

"Stay still." He glared at her. Suddenly he didn't look tipsy to her eyes when he turned around and demand for some ice from Minzy.

"We're not allowed to do that-"

"I'm gonna ing pay for it." He hissed to her.

"I'll get some med kit for it." Daesung presented.

"Do you know some pharmacy near here?" Taeyang asked Minzy who nodded to him after she gave the buckets of ice to Jiyong.

"Then please guide Daesung. We'll take are of the store." Taeyang said while Minzy followed Daesung who opened the door for her.

Dara ushered them out the cafe with her eyes, seeing how things got them entangled with each other again. She saw Seungri flipped the door signage into a 'Sorry we're closed' and Taeyang cleaned up the mess of the turned over coffee in the floor.

Her eyes returned to her hand when the pain subsided when Jiyong put some ice on it. Heaving a deep sigh while he did so, there was a trace of displeasure on his face but he seemed to be suppressing it to the best of his ability. There was gentleness the way he was was caressing her hand under the running water that it made Dara bit her lower lip.

***
"May I know who are you guys? You seemed to know Dara." Minzy dared to ask the guy she gone out to the Pharmacy.

"For a start. I'm Daesung Kang and the man that Dara fought with is our leader, Jiyong Kwon."

"Jiyong? The leader of F4?" Minzy asked in rather cheerful tone.

Turning to her direction, Daesung grinned at her. "You know F4?"

"Are you guys the famous F4 in Sungkyun?" Minzy confirmed.

"Yeah, we're the F4. How did you know about us?"

"Dara unnie shared to me."

"Oh. That's interesting. What kind of things she'd been telling you?"

"Ah. You wont like it. You might bully her."

"No. Not now. So spill."

"To sum it all up, you guys are bullies."

"That's it?"

"Yeah and Dara finally snapped out and fought with you guys, I guess?" 

"No. Not us. Only Jiyong who got punched real hard by miss hardworking gangster." Daesung laughed. "Apparently, Dara is quite protective to her friends. She was defending the girl named CL from Jiyong's hands."

Minzy knew CL and only nodded to Daesung's statement. "Dara is a kind woman. I hope you guys wont hurt my friend." 

"No. No one's touching her anymore since Jiyong indirectly sending signals to everybody in the school not to even lay a hand to Dara. He's been wanting to monopolize her."

"Monopolize her?" Minzy chuckled. "With what? Money?"

"It looks like Dara isn't thrilled to have the richest heir's attention on her."

"Good luck trying to win Dara using that. That girl has hard steel heart. She might be kind to her friends but quite annoyed to those rich and entitled people like Jiyong."

"Yeah. We can see that and yet Jiyong seemed to be overly attached with your friend. No matter if Dara will like it or not, Jiyong will have her whatever it takes." Daesung promised. "And if Dara is the only thing that can make him sane, we will bulldoze everybody who got in the way."

Minzy only smiled seeing how Daesung seemed to be supporting the odd pairing between a poor woman and a rich man.

"But please be reminded, Mr. Kang, if Dara isn't happy with Jiyong, no matter how you guys will bulldoze everyone who's in the way for your leader, just be informed that we will defend Dara from getting hurt."

Daesung looked at her briefly, seeing the subtle force resided to her eyes. He then smiled at her. "Like I say, we will do everything for our leader."

"Yes, you shall. We'll watch if she's happy about it. If not, then you guys need to back off." Minzy said as she got out the car when they finally arrived at the cafe, bringing the aid kit they bought.

Daesung was left in the driver's seat while ushering the little woman in short hair with his eyes. He noticed her eyes didn't even shake when she said those words. The first woman who didn't even quite taken by his charm.

"What an odd woman." He said before going out the car only to be taken aback with yet another set of fight.

"Get your money and your face out from here." Dara said angrily to Jiyong, refusing to be touched again.

"I'm trying to help you quite this stupid job!" Jiyong screamed too.

"It's not stupid! You know what? Get out!" Dara pointed at the door.

Jiyong grabbed his wallet instead, grab a hefty amount from there and slammed the money down the floor. He then turned away from her, picked up a chair and had it slammed hard on the pastry display.

"Oi, Jiyong!" Taeyang tried to stop him from making a huge mess but Jiyong's thread of patience finally snapped when he continued to kick the tables and chairs in the way before he exited the cafe.

"I'm sorry this happened. We'll fix this mess." Seungri assured Dara who was fuming in anger while she kicked the money in the floor.

"Don't you ever show your faces here!" Dara curled her fists together while Minzy was looking at her.

"Unnie..." she called out to Dara who let a cry of frustration. The rest of the F4 followed Jiyong since they don't know what will happen to him if he was left unchecked.