3.0

REVERSE

 

Another student was sent into hospital, courtesy of Kwon Jiyong yesterday in the canteen. Now, sitting in kiosk, Dara saw the F4 passing by below where she was and went into the other kiosk where the other student scampered away to give space to the F4.

"Every time I saw these guys, my intestine just shake." CL said in low voice while she secretly glanced over the direction of F4. "Like I want to transfer school for good."

"If only I can do that. I've done that." Dara only said while she scribbled on her notebook before she looked up to CL when her friend gasped.

"Jiyong smoke?" CL said.

"What?" Dara immediately snapped her attention behind and actually saw it for herself. Jiyong was puffing cigar along with the boys. Shock to see it since she had known him so conscious over his health that he refused to smoke and would only drink alcohol sparingly, Dara can't turn away from looking at him in such expression. Jiyong didn't smoke. He hated it. But now he was puffing it so expertly.

Both Dara and CL immediately turned away from looking at F4's direction when Jiyong looked at them with a frowning face.

"Should we leave now?" CL asked in bowed head when Jiyong stood up from his seat followed by the rest of the F4.

"That's a good idea." Dara agreed as they stood up readily and ran away from the place in bowed heads.

In far distance, Dara and CL were only able to breathe normally when they got away a quite distance from the kiosk.

"That was close." CL evened her breathing.

"Yeah." Dara said while clutching her chest for much exertion. It was too close indeed. She shouldn't be too complacent and let herself be entangled with him again.

***
"Unnie," Minzy called out Dara's attention who was blankly staring outside the cafe. 

"Yes, Minkie?" Dara immediately smiled at her co-worker in the cafe.

"Is there something wrong?" Minzy put down the cake inside the pastry display before she faced Dara fully.

"Nothing. Why do you ask?" Dara inquired in a smiling face.

"I just thought you've changed. Something in you changed."

"Huh?"

"You're not even voicing out about your dislikes on these men called F4 anymore. Are they behaving good nowadays?" Minzy had the innocent inquiring look on her while Dara silently heaved a deep sigh.

Right. Dara remembered she always shared the happenings in the school and the misbehavior of the F4 in previous life. Now she wasn't even saying even a tiny detail about F4 anymore.

"Oh that. They're still the same but I don't really care anymore. I don't want any troubles." Dara busied herself in placing the take away cups on the holder, not really wanting to talk about F4. 

"That's a surprise." Minzy smiled. "I clearly remembered that you wanted to punch Jiyong's face because he is arrogant and entitled."

Dara's hand froze upon hearing that from Minzy before she continued what she was doing.

"Like I say, I don't really care anymore." Dara said in stern voice but Minzy still continued.

"I just thought that you are not the same Dara anymore that I know." Minzy said which made Dara turned to her direction.

"What is that even mean? I still work hard here and I'm still the Dara you know, Minkie-ah." Dara sounded demanding now but it didn't faze Minzy a bit.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just me. These days, I've been feeling not myself too. Like I feel like I missed something I had no idea with." Minzy smiled to her but it didn't reach her eyes. "You know what I mean, unnie? Honestly, I cried in the shower this morning. I don't know why but I did."

Dara only stared at Minzy with a frown suddenly feeling that she got the answer to Minzy's lethargy. No. Minzy wasn't like this. She had always been a happy girl even when problems occurred to her family. Silently, Dara curled her fists while watching Minzy.

"I'm sorry. I'm being weird right now." Minzy laughed and shook her head when her eyes became teary. "I need to get something in the storage.

Dara was left in the counter, thinking if what Minzy's feeling was connected to the boot up of every events on her life up too. Since Minzy and Daesung were in a relationship before as well as CL and Seungri. She can't be too sure about it since what she had now was actually heaven compared to her previous life.

***

"Ma, I'm home." Dara called out before taking off her shoes and slid on the house slippers. She then went to the kitchen and found that there was a food in there. Sitting to the chair, she uncovered the lid first and savor the smell of the delicious aroma of pork soup along its side dishes. she got herself a bowl of rice in the cooker before she began eating alone. She got used to it since her father and mother had to work in some crab factory until midnight to meet their daily needs. One thing that didn't changed this life, her family's poor status. But she can rocked it until she graduate college and find a decent job to help her family. That was the original path she planned to undertake before. Now, she had to stick to the path whatever happens.

After dinner, she went inside her room. She then placed her bag on the foot of the bed. Taking off her clothes off now, she put it on the laundry basket and changed into clean one before she went to her small desk. She sat in silence while staring blankly again to the pink memo sticked on the wall. It was her written memo about the date where she and Jiyong started to officially date previously. 

There were many questions boggling inside her mind because of that. After she went into Jiyong's grave one rainy day, clutching a flower that barely be considered alive, everything was so strange. When she placed the flowers she handpicked because she had no money to buy one on the grave while staring at the name engraved at the headstone, she just lost it and bawled in loud voice in there. 

Seeing for herself his grave only gave her the concrete reality that the arrogant and proud heir of the Kwon indeed passed away. Now crying her eyes out while she bent over the cold stone, she smelt the scent of wet grass and soil, mixing the odor of her tears.

The rain drenched her but she wasn't feeling cold. She doubted if she could even feel anything right now but her tears kept on falling her cheeks. Her hands trembled when she reached the name in the stone while she said her sorry again and again. Before she noticed it, her vision gradually darkened making her collapsed there. Her eyes still crying nonstop, fluttering them open and close when it droplets of rain fell her eyes. Her vision gradually closing but she saw a woman under the tree, staring at her in deadpan expression. The woman was wearing a funny kind of dress as if she came out from the movie of some Pocahontas film. 

Dara didn't knew what happened after seeing that woman. She woke up alone on her bed, clutching a stone on her right hand and tucked in on a warm blanket. She had a heavy headache after that. Like she had banged herself into a hard wall.

A ring from her phone woke her up from reveries before she turned her attention to her bag pack. Digging out the phone from there, Dara saw CL's ID.

"Hey." Dara then greeted after she hit the answer button.

"Oh, hi. Am I catching you at wrong time?" CL asked.

"No. Ofcourse not. I was just...staring blankly." Dara chuckled and shook her head.

CL chuckled in response. "That's odd. I'm doing the same until I decided to make this call before I loose my mind here."

"Why? What happened?"

"Nothing...it was so strange actually." CL said.

"Hmm? What is it? Aren't you with Hani right now?" Dara referred to CL's sister.

"Oh. I'm alone in the house since they went to grandma's house." CL said in low voice. "I was thinking to have sleep over with you? If it's alright?"

"Sure. Come here. It's quite a bore being alone. Bring your school things with you and some of your changed clothes." Dara suggested.

"Awesome. I'm gonna go and pack some of my things then."

"Okay. I'll wait for you here. Just ring the bell and the tinker will answer you." Dara humored while CL laughed shortly on their little personal exchange of conversation.

"You've been hoarding Tinkerbell title for these years." CL said.

"I'll give it to you when I sleep over in your place." Dara said.

"That's a promise, alright?"

"Sure thing." Dara said before she dropped the call.

It only took an hour before CL reached her house with a hand carry bag with her and her school bag pack.

"Welcome aboard, pirate." Dara beamed at CL.

"Hello Tinker Dara." CL grinned at her as she got in the house. "I brought some snack with me and my laptop for a movie watching.

"Oh nice timing. I'm actually finding some entertainment." Dara said and helped CL to put away the food she brought.

Couple of minutes later, both had settled on Dara's bed. With a laptop to their front and a bucket of caramelized popcorn tucked in to their arms, they watched their favorite chick flick with their socks on.

While they were in the middle of the movie, CL paused it while Dara looked at her in wonder. 

"What are you doing?" Dara asked but CL kept stared at the monitor with surprise on her face.

"You saw that didn't you?" Cl turned to Dara.

"What?" Dara turned to the laptop again where the scene of Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock were bickering about something in the movie.
"You...it's you, Dara." CL said seriously while pointing on the monitor again in wide eyes.

Dara laughed now while shaking her head. "I am Sandara not Sandra, CL. Stop flattering me." 

"Dude, no. I'm freaking serious! I just saw you there." CL swore.

"Me?" Dara wore a frown to her face seeing CL looked pale. "Hey, Are you alright?"

CL then clutched her head with her hands as she bowed down. "I think I'm going crazy, Dara. I'm always seeing things."

Dara hugged her friend and rubbed her shoulders. "Maybe you're stressed about your manuscripts? Give it a rest." 

"No. It was so sudden, Dara. I lost interest in continuing my books and this crazy vision kept on hunting me. I always saw you in it...with Jiyong."

Dara's eyes widened at CL's statement. "You're maybe stressed out."

"No. I actually wrote them. I dreamed of them. Sometimes it came to me when we're together that it scared me. It would only stopped when Jiyong appeared where we are."

"Wh-what were you seeing exactly?" Dara began to feel cold as she waited.

"You got the red card after defending Jungkook. You got bullied by the entire school after that. Then...you got into relationship with Jiyong but Madame Kwon wont approve of it that she did her best to separate both of you. Then you crying under the rain on Jiyong's grave." CL shivered as if she can see it so vividly inside her mind.

Dara's eyes felt warm before she could stopped it, her tears fell down her cheeks. Good that CL was too occupied in calming herself that it gave Dara a chance to pull herself together as she wiped her tears away.

"Am I going crazy, Dara?" CL looked up to her with anxious smile on her lips.

Dara only shook her head and hugged her friend again. "You're not. It maybe a warning. Not to get mixed up into his world. That it was scared to play cinderella into the elite class."

"The funny thing is...you look happy in my dream." CL turned to her. "Both of you."