23.0

REVERSE

Jiyong had made it to the rooftop with Dara in whom he dragged in there. He was shaking when he faced her.
"What is going on?" he demanded but Dara only looked at her as if he was a stranger.
"Don't touch me." She said and made a step back.
"Look...I was wrong...I shouldn't have-"Jiyong paused, seeing her avoidance. "Dara, please..." He stepped closer to her. "Don't avoid me."

Don't be such a fool...
Why are you doubting?

It came again. That voice of the woman. Instead of feeling angry over her soothing coos, Dara felt comfortable.

It's a bad dream...
He is in front of you. He's just in front of you.

Dara saw his trembling hand as he reached for her, waiting for her to step forward herself.

That grave is empty now...

"It's empty." Dara mumbled under her breath, convincing herself that indeed she was just dreaming. A bad dream to already crumbling grip of her reality. She was just barely grasping how to live the life now and yet that dream came to rob her of her sanity. "It's him." She said again, erasing that dreadful nightmare off her system when she slowly lifted her hand to him
The air on Jiyong's chest knocked off of relief when she finally did so. He was careful as to grab her to enclose her into a hug.
"I'm sorry. I got upset." He said in low voice on her ear when he hugged her. Feeling the softness of her hair to his face, he closed his eyes and evened his chaotic mind. He felt her grabbed her shirt while she buried her face on his chest. His eyes only widened when she let an impish cry in there which immediately created a prick on his chest as he hugged her tighter.
"Don't cry please..." he begged,caressing her back. "I was wrong, okay? It's my fault." He said but Dara's shoulder shook when she was sobbing with no sound now. He forced to look at her face and immediately regretted it upon seeing how she looked broken over something. He bit his lower lip, wiping her tears away. He leaned over and kissed her cheeks, too overcome with his emotions. 
His thoughts went into his conversation with Taeyang.
He didn't want to keep her for some selfish reason.
To survive or any sort of crap just to live.
No. 
Because all along, he had fallen in love with her. Helplessly. 
That his heart broke at mere sight of her in tears.
"I wont upset you again." He cooed in whisper as he kissed her temple while she closed her eyes and restrained herself from crying anymore. For she knew this was the Jiyong she loved. The one she prayed to have a chance again. "Please smile for me?" he didn't care anymore if she only gave him the kind of smile he hated. As long as she was his to kiss, it didn't matter anymore. 
Dara could only nodded to her in pinned lips, afraid she might burst in tears if she uttered her words.
"Good. Good girl." he said before he leaned down and gave her a lingering kiss on her lips, with both of his hands cupping her cheeks, he made her look at his eyes. "Saranghae..." he confessed that it finally drawn an expression he desired to see on her face. That kind of smile as if telling him that he mattered to her.
************************************************************
CL had come up to the rooftop along with the F4, wanting to make sure that both of their friends were okay after a fight they had no idea it took place.
The scene that greeted them, made them let sighed of relief. For there seemed to be a truce in the fight between the couple.
"Let's leave them be." Taeyang said and motioned everyone to follow him out from the rooftop.
CL threw a last glance to Dara who had her head on Jiyong's lap while she was in slumber. Jiyong was constantly caressing Dara's hair with his fingers, staring at her like she was the most precious thing he ever held on his life before.
"They'll be fine." Seungri said when he noticed CL to have worry on her face.
"I hope so." CL said and let Seungri guided her down the stairs.
*************************************************************
Two women were eyeing both of the humans in the rooftop. One in regret and one in silent victory.
"You can't mess up with what I already laid out." Hela said to the woman in black dress which stretched forth down her ankle.
"I'm not done yet, Hela." the woman said with malice. 
Hela looked at Lilith with animosity. "Do not challenge me."
"Humans are fragile and easily manipulated. Look what I've done. I just stirred a little doubt, give her a small doze of bad dreams and she was crumbling." Lilith giggled.
"You can't win me." Hela dared.
"Oh let's see. I still have to claim what's mine." Lilith said before she disappeared into thin air.
*************************************************************
Dara woke up from the short nap,feeling a little invigorated after stressful ordeal of her own personal turmoil. A dark sky greeted her eyes with scattering silver stars ornamenting it. When she roamed her eyes around, she realized she was still in the school rooftop. Looking to her right, she saw a sleeping face of Jiyong, leaning over the wall of the man-made concrete water storage while his right hand placed above her hand across her stomach. Her head rested to his lap. His calm breathing was music to her ears as she smiled and lifted her left hand to touch his cheek.
Jiyong stirred awake with inaudible intake of breath, looking up to his front before he looked down. "Dara..."
"I didn't notice I slept that long. Must be tiring to be my pillow." She said trying to get up while he helped her to sit.
"Yeah. I felt numb." He chuckled, referring to his lap.
Dara just grinned to him. "Let's stay for a moment until it subside."
"Good idea." Jiyong gestured her to sit beside him while she complied, stretching both of her legs in front. 
Dara notice the slight burn on his palm when she played with his right hand with her own. Jiyong looked down when she gently caressed the burn on his palm. 
"What happen to this?" She mumbled.
"Cigarette burn." he said.
"Oh..." she paused. "...well, that makes the two of us." 
Jiyong then grabbed her right hand and slowly flipped it up, displaying the scar of the burn in there. He was sorry about it and yet voicing it out seemed to be useless. He slowly brought her palm to his lips and kissed it, wishing it would take away the pain it brought to her before.
Observing how he had almost worship her palm, she can't help the skipping of her heartbeats as she stared at him in silence. That in every kisses he conferred to her palm, his wordless apologies seethed her skin. She smiled, most especially after he looked at her, with his eyes gleamed in reflection of the moonlight above their heads and a small smile formed on his lips.
"You're so beautiful." He confessed.
Dara giggled in response. " I remember clearly, you said I'm not that pretty for your taste."
Jiyong only bit his lower lip and leaned over to kiss her on her temple. "I was lying."
*************************************************************
"Omma, I'm bringing cake tomorrow night and we'll have small celebration with sangyupsal." Dara said one morning when she was about to leave to go to CL's house since it was the start semestral break for two whole weeks.
"Sounds good, dear. But I heard CL plans to have trip with you in your birthday." Dara's mom said.
"She did? I didn't know about that." Dara said with confusion.
"Oh shoot. It might be a surprise." Dara's mom laughed. "So don't bother on preparing for your birthday really. Go out with you friends. Minzy's mom told me that her daughter is going too."
"Minzy? That nerd?" Now Dara felt a little left out since no one mentioned about it to her.
"Kwanghee boasted that he going to a trip with you." Dara's dad interjected making Dara frowned.
"Those guys dared to left me out? Preposterous!" Dara hastily slid on her shoes and ran to the door. "Omma! Appa! I'm leaving!"
"Have a nice trip dear!" they both called out.
"Trip? I'm coming back home tonight." Dara mumbled and got out the house and ran her way out. "Oof!" she fell two steps backward when she bumped into something.
"Wow. Your face felt like a sledgehammer." Jiyong said nursing the portion of his body where Dara slammed her face.
"Jiyong? What on earth are you doing here?" She asked.
"Picking you up." he said simply, reaching her hand now and dragged her to the car. "This community is so small that I can't park my car near your house."
"Picking me up? Excuse me? I have appointment with CL." She demanded but Jiyong wont still let go of her hand until they reached the car. "Yah! Are you listening?"
"Yes." Jiyong leaned over and kissed her lips to shut her up before opening the door for her and guided her inside with his hand to her head.
Dara saw Jiyong rounding up to the driver's seat and sat beside her then. 
"We're going in a trip." He said with a boyish smile.
"No. I'm going to CL-"
"CL, Minzy and scarecrow Heechie are already waiting for us in the airport." Jiyong said, starting the car. 
"Are they?" Dara asked. "But wait...airport? Where are we going?"
"Not far."
"Yeah. Which city of Korea exactly?"
Jiyong had already left the community and had already merged in the traffic along the highway.
"Philippines." he said.
Dara's eyes widened in disbelief. "P-Philippines? Are you kidding me?"
Jiyong only smiled, while his attention directed to the road.
"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!" Dara exclaimed to which was only answered with his laughter. "I got no passport, are you kidding me?"
"Already have." He said and opened the dashboard compartment where two passports were placed in there. Hers and his.
"How..." she looked at him with wonder.
"I'm a Kwon, babe. Don't forget that." he said proudly.
"Peesh..." She responded before looking at the passports with a smile, bringing those to her nose and smelt the newness scent on those. "You reckless man." she mumbled and yet felt suddenly excited.