SPIN OFF: The Legacies

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N, but imagine balding Jaemin but still pink hair. LOL idk why I wrote this. All you have to remember is that JaeminxJeno’s kids are Billy and Jamie. JohnnyxDana’s kids are Jonah and Dinah. The rest will come slowly and surely. All Hail Spikey Mikey.

it's the CAFFEINE (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Jaemin and Jeno's son: Billy Lee]

“Nana, I get it,” Billy grumbled into the phone with Na Jaemin berating him through the speakers. “Eat on time, I get it. Jeez. Where’s Daddio?”

Lee Jeno was beside Na Jaemin. The school system had changed since the last generation had retired from being assassins, forgers, transportation and so on and so forth. Do Kyungsoo, with the help of Johnny Suh and the rest of the NCT cooperation had found a way to build SM Asia back up. SM America, SM Europe and SM Australia soon followed thereafter.

Another thing that changed was that each and every agent under each SM branch were now dual agents. Long gone were independent factors where an assassin would only be an assassin. No, agents were now both assassin and forgers. Hackers and strategists. Kids were smarter, quicker to respond and SM now had a graduation system.

“Son, today you and Jamie are going to have your last simulation and your last out mission with your cousins and you are going to finally be a full-blown agent,” Lee Jeno said and Billy rolled his eyes. His thick glasses slipped down from his nose as he took a swig of water. “I expect nothing but the best from you.”

“Don’t be tough on him, you know Billy is going to be just fine,” Na Jaemin sang, Billy smiling at his mom’s voice. “Just relax and back in my day—”

“Okay, Nana. I know! You saved the world!” Billy snapped, his hands putting the pitcher back down when the door opened and his sister walked in. “Nana.”

He mouthed to her and Jamie bounced up to him, speaking into the phone.

“Nana, we’ve got to prep for our simulation. We’ll see you soon when all this is over,” Jamie said and Billy hung up the phone. Billy was a hacker-strategist and he was known to be very good on the field. He couldn’t imagine himself in any other situation, his Uncle Taeyong and Kun giving him the best tips.

But the one person Billy worked well with was with his sister, Jamie living up to her dream as an actress. Just a deadly one. Because they were seen as a dream team and were often paired with each other on the field. This was no exception.

“You’re wearing that?” Billy asked his sister incredulously, taking in the poofy dress that she had put on. She nodded, twirling around. “For our simulation?”

“It’s fashion, Billy. Something you know nothing about,” she snapped before pointing to her heels. “Look, my heels are to die for.”

Billy could make out the pointed edges of her heels and pressed his lips together. His sister being a forger-assassin made both of them get along very well. He would hack and strategize while she would often find herself on the field in whatever mission was given to them.

“You know what, whatever,” he grumbled, rubbing his forehead. “Isn’t Jonah and Dinah coming today? Why aren’t they here yet?”

At the mention of their non-blood related cousins, Jamie’s phone rang from a video call and she answered it happily, waving at the two. Jonah broke into a smile.

“Your graduation simulation is today. Wish I could be there but we’re still on the plane,” Jonah said and Jamie told him it was fine. “Coming from SM Europe to SM Asia usually takes a while.”

“That’s why I told you to just study in SM Asia,” Billy said in the background, squeezing on a stress ball to loosen up his fingers. “Why did you and Didi have to go to SM Europe?”

Jonah rolled his eyes at Billy’s words. Another topic that had been brought up often, Jonah turning the phone so it focused on the long-haired female that had a cold icy stare. Jonah was a spitting image of Johnny Suh, while Dinah was a spitting image of Oh Dana.

“You know there is no transfiltration in SM Asia, right? That’s why Dad sent us to SM Europe,” he asked, Billy grunting in response. “Anyway, we’ll get to work together soon. See you in SM Asia! Good luck on your simulation!”

“See you soon, Jonah!” Jamie sang, hanging up the phone to see Billy standing there. She sighed at the look on his face. “You should have at least said hi to Dinah.”

“She broke up with me,” Billy snapped, making a face.

“She did not. She was just busy. You broke up with her,” Jamie corrected him and Billy stared at her. “Fine, I won’t say anything. People think that we’re all related, anyway.”

Billy pushed the thought of Dinah to the back of his mind. Dinah was cold—he wondered where she got that from. She was straightforward when she spoke, quiet, and she was the type to not complain. Billy, on the other hand, as Jamie would put it: was a downright . Everyone thought that Jonah and Dinah, Uncle Johnny and Auntie Dana’s kids were related to them.

How could they not? They saw each other in every family function. They grew up together. The four of them were close and their houses were right next to each other. So, when he ended up losing his first kiss to Dinah, he began to develop feelings for her—An SM Europe, transfiltration agent that was on the top of her game.

So, he did his best and asked her out, Dinah turning him down a couple of times until she caved. No one knew about it except Jonah and Jamie, the hidden kisses every time he would climb up to her bedroom every summer.

Or so he thought.

“Ready?” he asked, Jamie nodding as she massaged her shoulders. “Time to graduate.”

“Time to graduate,” she chimed in.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Jaemin and Jeno's daughter: Jamie Lee]

The simulation room was somewhat horrifyingly blank. Billy knew what this meant. That they’d have to handle it all on their own without any props except the things they were given.

“Billy Lee,” a voice called him and he turned to see Kyungsoo, sole director of SM Asia to come watch his nephew finally graduate.

“Uncle Kyungsoo.”

“It’s D.O to you on school grounds,” Kyungsoo quipped at the younger male. He smiled and his eyes wrinkled, Billy ignoring his statement. “You ready?”

“My brain is. My sister is getting ready. She had to change her weapons into something else. Apparently, a pocket knife ain’t good enough.”

“Uncle Kyungsoo!” Jamie called and unlike how he spoke to Billy, Kyungsoo accepted the title real quick.

“Darling, you look prepped and ready,” Kyungsoo commented and Billy glared at his uncle.

“Really? No… ‘It’s D.O to you on school grounds, Jamie!’?”

“Oh, shush,” Kyungsoo patted Jamie on her cheek. “You’re wearing a dress for the simulation?”

“Yes, please tell her—”

“It looks good,” Kyungsoo concluded and Billy threw his hands in the air. “Go. Make Jeno and Jaemin proud.”

Jamie beamed, Kyungsoo going to take his seat. He wasn’t worried. Billy was a talented agent and as someone who had gotten his skills from Chenle and Shotaro, he was a promising young talent. Jamie was a sweet girl who had learned how to act from Jaemin and kill from Jeno.

“Billy Lee, Jamie Lee. Into the simulation room.” The sound blared on the speakers and Billy walked confidently, taking a seat. “Simulation starting one, two, three.”

This simulation was different. Billy had no idea what he was supposed to do and what not to do. He wasn’t given instructions but for some reason, he felt as if the instructions would be simple. He had known Kyungsoo enough to know that his uncle liked the class of simple simulations.

“Billy….” Jamie said softly and he saw it, the walls opening. Winwin’s robots began to show up. They were different—more lethal. “I got this. You do what you have to do.”

“Don’t have to tell me,” he told her. Billy looked around the area, where was the laptop? What was he supposed to do? “Control center. I need to find the control center.”

Jamie smiled when the robots approached her, the blades beginning move from the body. Three robots. Three was easy for her. Jamie reached down to grab the chains similar to what her Auntie Dana used to use, the female jumping into the air. She had to make sure they didn’t get to Billy—he was the brains.

“Let’s go!” she cheered, wrapping the chains around robot from above. She hung from the ceiling, items she had picked out from the technology room doing her good. The robot whirred and she managed to knock one down, narrowing missing the blade by a few inches.

“How… How…” Billy was muttering, his mind going places when his eyes fell back onto the control box. “Control center.”

Billy rushed to the beaker, ripping it open to see the many wires. He had only gotten to it when a bullet flew towards him and he squeaked.

“Jamie!”

“I’m sorry, they have guns!” his sister called back, the sound of grunting could be heard from her. “Hurry up, Billy! They are deploying more in two minutes.”

“Okay, okay,” Billy said when he saw the beeping lights in the control box. There was something missing in it and he deduced he needed it—he ran his finger over the indent, closing his eyes to remember what kind of technology it was. “Pentagon. Shaped like this. Chip. It’s a 34XC chip. I need a 34XC chip— Jamie!”

Jamie yelped, her body being thrown across the room. Her hand was bleeding and she gritted her teeth. This is why she wore a dress, the female ripping the bottom part of her dress to wrap around her hand as her ponytail swung back and forth.

The clock was at 4 minutes and she was already getting tired. One forger-assassin wasn’t enough for five robots.

“I need a 34XC chip—”

“Speak human!” Jamie snapped, Billy grabbing his head to remember what it was used for. Jamie ducked, rolling on the floor when another round of bullets shot towards her. One grazed her ear and she hissed. “Billy, focus! Where do we find this chip!”

“A 34XC chips can be found in machines such as….” His voice trailed, his brain bringing back all the memories of him in hacking and technology class that he took as an Advanced class. “It’s made to control multiple devices and it is put in those in order to—”

Jamie grunted, punching the robot with one hand as she tried to unhand the gun it was holding. It was hard because it seemed to know her moves, the robots analyzing each and every movement. ing technology.

“In order to what, Billy?” she demanded, sliding across the floor to grab the chains that she had dropped. “Time to be like Auntie Dana.”

She swung the chains, hooking one of them in so it fell on it’s back. One, two, three, four, five—it was back on its feet. It could buy her time, Jamie realized.

“In order to control them so it means the chip is in the robots, Jamie! Any chip that is in the robot!” Billy told his sister. “I need it to hook it up and wire them and then I’ll be able to stop the robots.”

“ing hell, could have told me sooner,” Jamie said as the walls opened up and three more robots wheeled in. “I can’t take all of them. You got to distract them—”

Billy was already on it, jumping in the air and calling out to them.

“Hey! Over here!”

Jamie chuckled through her bruised lip and bleeding hand, the robots turning to Billy. One thing about Billy was that he was fast. He began to run, Jamie hooking another robot down onto it’s back the female slamming her sharp heels onto the front as the robot began to malfunction.

Oh, that worked to.

“Where to find it?” she asked Billy who was speeding around the room as a distraction, his black hair matted against his forehead. “Billy!”

“Switch!” he demanded, Jamie nodding and right there and then, she jumped in where he was and he slid across the room on his knees to stop in front of the robot, rummaging through the wires to see a chip. He grabbed it, yowling when the sizzling of the wires burned the tips of his fingertips. “F… !”

He got the chip and found himself rushing back to the control center while his sister made another round around the simulation room.

“I can’t believe I’m running laps in a simulation!” She huffed and Billy inserted the chip into the control center, a hand grabbing the wires and tugging on all of them when the room went dark. “What—”

He forgot. He forgot that if he did that, he’d be plugged into darkness and he’d have to connect the wires without his eye sight. Billy closed his eyes, visualizing the wires before the lights went off. Jamie too, had to close her eyes and listen to the sounds.

She ducked, the sound of a robot shooting a dart towards her direction. She hated the dark. She, unlike Jeno, wasn’t very good at navigating through the dark without her eyesight.

“Billy!” she hissed, Billy’s fingers moving around with the wires.

“Red is right. Red to blue. Green is for control so green stays the same,” he whispered and right when he twisted the wires together, the control center powered up, the chip lighting up soon after. He grabbed the lever beside it and pulled it down, the lights going on and the robots stilling as if they had no idea what to do. Jamie was on the floor, a robot hovering over her with a blade and she closed her eyes with relief.

Billy fell onto the floor, leaning his forehead against the wall when Kyungsoo entered the room.

“Fourteen minutes and twenty-three seconds,” he said and Jamie breathed. “Past fifteen and you would have stayed for another year.”

“Uncle, you sent out almost ten robots after us—”

“But congratulations, Billy and Jamie Lee.” Kyungsoo smiled and she knew there was no reason to feel annoyed when they passed. “And for the final mission, I’ll see you in my office in few minutes.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Johnny and Dana's son: Jonah]

The few minutes came later because Jamie and Billy could hear the planes from SM Europe approach SM Asia. It would mean one thing—Jonah and Dinah were here. Jamie was excited and Billy was anxious. He had no idea how to face Dinah. They haven’t spoken in a while.

“Jamie, Billy!” Jonah yelled out, waving as he walked down the plane. He was wearing a biker jacket and was tall and lanky, the forger-assassin who followed his father’s footsteps ecstatic to see his “cousins”. “How’d the simulation go?”

Dinah had a small smile on her face, dressed in all black. She too, was quite tall, the same height as her mother. She was slim with big eyes that always seemed like she was judging someone. The female followed her brother when she caught sight of Billy, giving him a small nod of her head.

“Almost didn’t pass. Uncle Kyungsoo sent ten robots,” Jamie told them, Dinah reaching out to caress Jamie’s cheek that was bruised. She was the youngest out of the four of them but she seemed to be the most mature. “I’m so glad all of you are here. I heard it’s a joint mission.”

“No idea what it’s about, to be honest. Didi and I just finished our simulation too. Passed with flying colors and ended up second,” Jonah said and Jamie beamed. “Let’s walk?”

Dinah followed her brother silently, Billy moving away from the both of them. He stood beside Jamie awkwardly, the four children of Jeno and Jaemin, Johnny and Dana making their way towards Kyungsoo’s office.

As they sat down, Kyungsoo looked up from his desk to smile at his nieces and nephews. His pride and joy, including the kids of the rest of the NCT batch.

“Welcome to SM Asia, Jonah and Dinah. I take it your flight from SM Europe has been well?” he asked and Jonah nodded, Dinah giving him a small smile. “I’ll jump to the point. I know that your graduation is fast approaching and this will be the final call for all of you to see if you can go onto the field as a licensed agent.”

Kyungsoo stood up and pressed down on a remote, the door closing. He pressed on a button on his desk and spoke into the microphone.

“Come in, Chenle. Call the people I asked for,” he said and the four of them raised an eyebrow. Chenle? Uncle Chenle? Why wasn’t he back on mainland trying to handle his chickens? The door opened and Chenle walked in. He was wearing a cardigan and his expression was grim.

He stopped when he saw Jonah, Dinah, Jamie and Billy.

“Them?” he asked, his eyeballs almost popping out of his sockets. “You are going to use them?”

“I have no other choice, Chenle,” Kyungsoo mused and Dinah frowned. What was wrong with using them? “It should be a fairly easy mission.”

“Yeah but…. Did you tell their parents?” Chenle asked, his eyes on his nieces and nephews.

“Uncle Chenle, why the expression?” Dinah spoke up, her eyes on her hacker uncle. Chenle turned pink by her question, the male shrugging. “You seem to be implying we’re not good enough.”

“You are, I’m just….” he breathed. “Didn’t expect Jaemin, Jeno, Johnny and Dana’s kid to be here. I—Nevermind.”

Chenle breathed, waving a hand. He sat down and powered on his laptop pushing it to Kyungsoo.

“This is what is happening,” he began, motioning to Kyungsoo. “You recall the one mission we had that saved the world? The one where… Renjun’s mother—”

“Yes, we all know.”

“She was a scientist,” Chenle began, leaning back. “Way before the syndicate started. We got a tip, Director. That HYBE corporations got files on the old experiments. So, it’s not about the Hulk drug anymore—it’s about a kill switch. Experiments and records she stored in a drive.”

Kyungsoo breathed, chewing on his bottom lip. Oh, he had heard of this person.

“Uncle Renjun’s mother?” Jonah asked, frowning. “Huang Mama?”

Jamie snickered at Jonah’s words, rolling her eyes.

“Please, she’s hardly our grandmother, Jonah. Is this our graduating mission, Uncle Kyungsoo?”

“It should be an easy in, easy out,” Chenle said to the kids. He was worried but he knew it was because he was fond of them. “The files are stored in a corporate building, near NCT cooperation. You would have seen it—the high-rise building.”

“HYBE is a rapid rising science slash technology research lab. It seems like they always invest in the right things,” Billy said, glancing at his phone. “What is a kill switch?”

“A kill switch is an experiment that was done once by the Germans back in the day. They believed that if they removed a kill switch, people would be able to become immortal. Now, if this experiment’s reports are going to reach investors, it’d cause an uproar. We need to make sure they never implement it.”

Kyungsoo began to pace back and forth, his eyes on the four in front of him.

“Where is he?” Kyungsoo asked, Chenle raising an eyebrow. “Qian—”

At that moment, the doors flew open and Qian Han, the son of Qian Kun burst through the doors. Qian Han was everything Qian Kun was not, the male freezing when he saw the four.

“Oh… damn,” Qian Han began, chewing on his lip. “Uh… So, I heard the graduation mission is here?”

“Qian Han, the last I saw you was at the family function,” Dinah said to him, Qian Kun turning pink. He bowed to her, mumbling under his breath.

Qian Kun always wanted his son to be a strategist—he had big hopes of his son being the next… him, per say, but Qian Han was never that way. Qian Han gulped.

The one big thing that had changed through out the years was that the Clean Up Crew was now not called the Clean up Crew. It was now called “Prep and Con”, short of Preparation and Conclude. What Qian Han did, being the head of the Prep and Con factor was that he had to do everything to aid the forgers and the assassins.

Sometimes, it would mean going to the place before hand and bugging it. Other times, it would be cleaning up after the assassins. The Prep and Con factor was still looked down upon and Qian Han felt like he had disappointed his father but he knew how important he was… sometimes. He got all his tips from his Uncle Yangyang who was now his professor.

“Qian Han,” Kyungsoo began and Qian Han took a seat, eyeing his “cousins” weirdly. “Good, you’re here.”

“I was called over, Uncle Kyung—I mean, D.O,” he quickly corrected himself, Qian Han bowing his head down. “So… Uh, howdy?”

Qian Han was a dork, awkward with a clumsy charm to him. Dinah smiled, turning back to focus on her uncle when Kyungsoo brandished up a map. HYBE’s buildings were very well protected. Technology and security have changed.

“Chenle, tell me what us what you know.”

“Five buildings: A, B, C, D, E. Building B is where all the files are stored,” Chenle said. “There’s one problem. It’s highly secured. I tried to find a way to hack into the system and I couldn’t.”

“This would only mean one thing, right?” Jonah asked. He had been on enough out missions to know what kind of situation this would be. “It would mean that it has to be hacked from the inside.”

“Of course.” Dinah breathed. “Research and labs all have this system.”

“Tasmania,” Jonah reminded his sister. “We had to break into a research lab in Tasmania. We had to bring the hacker in and he had to reboot the system from inside while another hacker over took it so he could gain control.”

Kyungsoo tapped his fingers on the table, nodding. “Billy, you’re also a strategist. What’s your take on this?”

Billy had his eyes on his own phone screen, his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth. Jamie, Jonah and Dinah all knew what that look was. Even Qian Han could tell that Billy had a plan.

“Qian Han will have to go and prep the area,” Billy began, looking at the layout of the buildings. “We would need a car parked near the entrance of Building B, that would be our getaway car. He’ll have to bug the place.”

“There it is. My job has everything to do with bugging the area and removing the bugs. They call me the insect man,” Qian Han said, cracking his knuckles. “Prep for bugs and car, got it.”

“Now, if it has to be hacked from the inside, I would have to be there. Jonah and Jamie, as forger-assassins, you’ll have to find a way to sneak me in. As a researcher, a patient, or even better—an infrastructure engineer.”

“That’s very specific,” Dinah snipped, raising an eyebrow without looking at Billy. He shot her a look.

“Sure, because you know nothing about being specific,” he said back. Jonah and Jamie shifted uncomfortably between the two ex-lovers. “As an infrastructure engineer, I’d have to make sure the files are doing well. Maybe we can hide behind the task of having to take the physical disk and upload it onto cloud.”

“That sounds about right,” Chenle nodded.

“Once I go get the drive, Qian Han debugs the place and we leave. Jamie and Jonah keep watch.”

“I see you skipped my part,” Dinah commented, Billy speaking soon after.

“As transfiltration, I can only think of you shadowing me but we all know you wouldn’t want that, would you?”

“Wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t personal,” Dinah answered. “I’ll shadow him, Uncle.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Kyungsoo’s eyes darted back and forth between Dinah and Billy.

“Billy as an infrastructure engineer is one thing—Jamie and I will have to go in to get some intel. It’d be easier to know which drive we have to focus on,” Jonah said, Qian Han chewing on his bottom lip.

“So… Prep for a car and bug the place. Adding in masks for Jamie and Jonah.”

“I’ll do a quick research on whose identity they’ll take over,” Billy said, nodding. “It shouldn’t be too hard.”

Right at that moment, the doors opened an eight-year-old kid zoomed in, his face filled with grease and his hair sticking up. He cheered when he saw them, Jamie smiling at him and waving.

“Mikey!” she exclaimed. Mikey, or Spikey Mikey (due to his excessive use of hair gel to make his hair stand up so he looked like his father), was Mark Lee’s son. He had a toothy smile, missing one of his front teeth and he skidded to a stop.

“Hi, Jamie! It’s a party!” Mikey said, Mark showing up from behind his son. Mark Lee had become a transportation instructor in SM Asia. His son, Mikey was with him for two weeks due to “custody”. He rubbed his head, apologizing to Kyungsoo profusely for allowing his son to run away from him. “Uncle Kyungsoo, I’m heading back to mainland tomorrow!”

“Is that so, Mikey?” Kyungsoo mused, Mark sniffling. He saw his nieces and nephews, the male going up to them to greet them. “Well, your cousins might see you there. Mark, now that you’re here. Can you drive them up to mainland tomorrow?”

“Yeah, Mikey has half day school. He’s performing in a talent show around 3 pm,” Mark nodded.

“I’m going study in SM Asia the moment I turn thirteen. I have made my choice. I am going to be in transportation like Dad!” Mikey said proudly, Mark shaking his head. “That is if Mom and Dad finally get divorced—”

“Mikey!” Mark warned, patting Mikey’s hand. “You’re eight. You’re not fit for transportation.”

“That’s not true, Dad! You said once I had potential!”

“As a mechanic, Mikey.” Mark winked at all five of them, Qian Han awkwardly waving as Mark dragged his son out of the room. “See yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter