The Legacies [New]

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aight, I wrote 47 pages of just fighting and Jamie x Wyde. If you made it this far, you the man! if you are reading it, don't worry about remembering the names. I liked writing about Jamie and Wyde, my fav couple. 

1) Jeno and Jaemin's kid: Jamie and Billy. 
2) Dana and Jonah's kid: Jonah and Dinah
3) Oh Sehun's kid: Donatello and Taeyeon (snobs) 

I tried to make it as funny as possible. 

[Oh Sehun's son: Oh Donatello]

Thirty minutes before the text message to Billy

If Billy Lee was known as SM, Asia’s biggest brat—Oh Donatello would be known as SM, America’s biggest snob.

Oh Taeyeon, his twin sister, was also a snob.

Kim Patricia? God knows how her two fathers, Kim Doyoung and Lee Taeyong had brought her up because she was the ultimate snob.

SM, America’s shining diamonds sat in front of Director Aniston, the female eyeing her agents. Donatello pushed his glasses up his nose with one hand, the strategist-hacker smoothing down the material of his Ralph Lauren jacket as his tongue poked out the side of his cheek.

“Look, Jennifer,” he began (Rest in peace to respective titles, the Americans say), leaning forward. “I don’t know what to tell you other than we can’t find this dude here in America. It’s obvious that he’s been using a secured server to browse through Craigslist.”

Kim Patricia looked up from filing her nails, her long hair curled ever so perfectly. She threw her hair over her shoulder, the strands cascading down her back.

“Can someone tell me the gist of this mission because if I am going back to my motherland, I’m definitely going to bring our cousins some presents.”

“Cousins,” Taeyeon scoffed, her eyes almost rolling to the back of her head. “Oh, don’t I miss Jamie Lee.”

“And I, Billy Lee.” Donatello smirked.

“I would say I miss Dinah Suh, but I’m pretty sure that girl wouldn’t hesitate to kill me in my sleep.” Kim Patricia blew on her nails.

“We have been tracing this guy for the longest time. Hollowmoon—” Director Jennifer Aniston said, pulling down the screen to show a map. “He is a hacker. An outsource. He is known to accept jobs from Craigslist. We have been trying to track him in America because Craigslist is more of an American site but just recently, he pinged in Korea.”

“And why are we trying to find some hacker dude who ventures around Craigslist?”

“Outsource hackers have no loyalty, they do it for the money. Hollowmoon left a trace last year. He hacked into a Russian mafia’s bank account. Taeyeon, four people involved in that crime was all found dead last week. Hollowmoon, whoever this guy is, is in danger.”

“So, this is a protective-security service kind of case?” Taeyeon asked for clarification. “Find the dude and protect him because he might get assassinated? Boring.”

“Tell me about it,” Kim Patricia sang, leaning back dramatically. “Rather spend my time practicing my theatre script.”

“Agents.” There was a tinge of warning in Director Aniston’s voice. “You will have to ask help from SM, Asia. We’re all guessing on leads, we are not one hundred percent sure that the deaths are connected. There is this guy—Robert Downy.”

She pulled up a photo onto the screen. “He was one of the advisors. Took a huge part in the case. He’s in Korea right now. Call one of your… cousins.” A scoff from all of them. “Tell them to trail him for intel. If something happens to him, we know something is up. Then we need to find Hollowmoon and offer him some protection. Pack your bags and get ready for a trip to SM, Asia.” 

“You do it,” Taeyeon nudged her brother with her foot, the male making a face as he dusted his pants. The shooter-assassin offered her advice. “Best bet is to ask Uncle Kyungsoo to send Jamie. She’s a forger-assassin, after all.”

“Half of your kind,” he answered, his hands already typing a message to his Uncle Kyungsoo. The next person, however, was Billy Lee. Oh Donatello could not help but smirk, sending the message to his arch-enemy. “Alright, ladies. Time to think of ways to rile them up.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Jeno and Jaemin's child; Billy without the glasses]

SM, Asia

Uncle One did come and Uncle One was not happy. One was older now and as a stout man, he was no less strong than he once was. One enjoyed his job and that was training people for the military in Europe. More on strength, less on words.

So to say, One still spoke in very simple language, his brain capacity not changing since he was six years old. The moment the plane landed, One marched down from the plane steps that were laid out for him, the red carpet leading him to his nieces and nephews.

He wasn’t a fan of Billy. One thought that Billy was too frail, no muscle! All talk!

“Billy! Drop down and give me ten!” One barked, Billy’s eyes widening as he blinked. Under his uncle’s watchful gaze, he dropped down and struggled to give his uncle what he wanted. “Work hard, be strong like Uncle One.”

“You… do know… that’s… physically impossible….?” Billy’s hands trembled, the male trying to level himself on the ground. Uncle One patted Dinah on the head, his favoritism showing. He then moved on to hug his little Jamie, the male telling her to put some more ointment on the cuts that came from the ninja stars.

“Uncle One,” Jonah said to him. One gave a grunt, softly patting Jonah on the back as to not hurt him. “You’re here.”

“Dinah said someone hurt her. Uncle One came to check.”

“Uh—” Billy groaned from the ground, heaving as he went back to standing up. “That was your ten, Uncle. Welcome back, I guess.”

“Drop down and give me—”

Billy bolted.

One looked back at the three of them before he checked his watch.

“Come. Have dinner with Uncle One. The more you eat, the more strong. Be strong like Uncle One,” he repeated and Jonah chuckled.

The day was well spent for the kids of SM, Asia, but Jamie was a nervous wreck. She was given a mission the day before and the female found herself applying different shades of lipstick over and over again to see which one was better.

“Really? Lipstick for a surveillance mission?” Billy asked, raising an eyebrow at his sister. He was packing his stuff since the move to their active agent dorm rooms was scheduled to be the day after. They wouldn’t sleep in the same room anymore and Jamie could already feel the separation anxiety with her brother, the same way Billy felt it with Dinah.

Dinah and Jonah would have to go back to SM, Europe very soon. A long-distance relationship was something he felt like he had to propose to Dinah but he had to be prepared. He needed graphs, possibilities, methods and ways to keep the relationship going.

“I know you’ve liked Wyde since you were thirteen, Jamie, but don’t you think it’s time to just start dating around?” he asked, his sister removing the lipstick for the nth time. “And what mission is this about, anyway? Did Don tell you?”

“Yeah, something about people involved in an old case mysteriously dying and hunted down. If this Robert Downy person dies, it means the hacker involved is in danger, too.”

“And that’s a big deal because?”

“Because the hacker was an outsource hacker,” Jamie told him, shrugging. “No identity. Somehow, he pinged here. That’s why he’s most probably innocent—doing it for money or something.”

“Mhm, makes sense. And Wyde?”

“What about him?”

“When are you just going to start dating him? If not, I can ask Uncle Johnny to set you up. Apparently, he’s really good at it.”

“Does Uncle Johnny know about you and Dinah?” Jamie asked, Billy freezing. He blinked, shaking his head slowly before he cleared his throat. He told her he’d break the news in one of the family functions.

“I wouldn’t be worried about Uncle Johnny, I’d be worried about Uncle One.”

Billy knew that was true, Jamie finally opting for no lipstick because she didn’t want to look like she was trying too hard. She bid Billy goodbye, heading over to the garage to see Wyde in his leather jacket. She didn’t know when she started liking him this way—all she remembered was that he smiled at her once. She was thirteen and he was eighteen.

Wyde looked up at her, his eyes settling on her pale lips before he looked back at the car. He had just finished fixing it up, closing the hood before he spoke.

“Feeling okay?” he asked casually, Jamie panicking in front of him. “You look a bit pale.”

It was the lipstick; it was definitely the lack of lipstick. She should have put on her brightest lip color and called it a day.

“Uh… yeah,” she said awkwardly. He didn’t respond to that, both of them getting into the car. Now, here was the thing about Wyde: he was too quiet. A little bit too quiet for Jamie’s liking. He simply drove, eyes on the road with his driving gloves on.

She loved how they looked on him.  

Their destination was a club called ONYX and all they had to do was sit in the car and watch Robert Downy drink. Jamie pressed her lips together, trying to hide the longing of having alcohol run down because of how awkward it was.

“So, like…” her voice shook, her eyes shifting over to Wyde, whose expression did not change. “I see you in every family function but I’ve like…”

Whenever Jamie was nervous, she always reverted back to speaking like her Uncle Mark. Mark once told her that adding a beat would make you less nervous—at this moment, she would disagree.

“Talked to you for like… only three times.” Her face faltered and Wyde glanced at her and nodded. “I mean, do you even know what my name is?”

“Was it Jane?” Wyde asked, keeping his eyes on their target and one of Jamie’s eyes widened. She scratched her arm.

“S-Sure. Yes, it can be Jane… I guess.”

But Jamie did not catch Wyde’s smile and the flicker of amusement in his eyes. She would later go and tell Billy all about it.

“Jane, Billy! He called me Jane!” she would exclaim, pulling on her shoulder length hair. “And I let him! I said: Sure, yes. It can be Jane. My name is Jamie!”

But right at that moment, all Jamie could do was fidget, her hands wringing on her lap when she noticed something weird. Mr. Robert Downy wasn’t at his table. The female quickly straightened up, the inkling assassin senses settling in her stomach.

“I’m going in to check him out—”

“He probably went to pay,” Wyde said. Jamie was already switching to her mission heels, the female exiting the car. “Hey! This is a surveillance mission. We weren’t told to protect him— Well, ."

Wyde cursed under his breath, Jamie Lee already crossing the street to enter the bar. The problem was the line. The second problem was that she had no ID, Jamie trying to cut the line and ask to go in when the bouncer shook his head.

“Only for VIP’s.”

“Sir, I forgot my VIP pass,” Jamie began, trying to make do. She’d have to act her way in. There was no other way. “If you don’t let me go in right now, I’ll make a call and find a way to bulldoze this club to the ground.”

The bouncer laughed. He had black gums—he was a smoker, wasn’t he? Jamie narrowed her eyes at him, the male about to grab her arm and push her to the side when a hand came from nowhere, Wyde staring daggers at the man.

“Let the lady in,” Wyde said, grabbing his phone and flashing something to the bouncer. With one look, the bouncer’s hand loosened and Wyde shoved him away a little bit too hard with one hand, his other hand going around Jamie’s waist to push her forward.

She tensed up, finally entering the club.

“What did you show him?”

“Contacted Donatello. He sent a VIP pass for one of the board members of the club,” Wyde said and she sighed. Why didn’t she think of that? Oh, how she missed Billy. Wyde grabbed her hand, turning her towards him, Jamie jumping at the sudden action. He then pressed something inside her ear, Jamie hearing her cousin’s voice.

“Heard you failed in getting into the club with your acting,” Taeyeon said and Jamie gritted her teeth. “But not my mission. Don, she’s online.”

“Hey, Jamie,” Donatello greeted and Jamie relaxed now that Taeyeon wasn’t speaking. “We’re on the way to SM, Asia. How’s the progress?”

“I lost him but I’m in here now. Wyde is with me,” she told him and Donatello laughed.

“Does he know that you like him?” he asked. “Billy told me about it, you know.”

Jamie rolled her eyes. Billy and Donatello’s relationship was weird. They liked each other… intellectually. They respected each other intellectually, but they were always competing. Above all the yelling and the “I did it better than you!” they got along very well because they were so similar.

One moment, they would be hissing at each other like feral cats. Another moment, they’d be gossiping like old women at a market.

“Shut up,” she hissed, looking warily at Wyde who stood behind her. “He’s right behind me.”

Wyde heard it all, having his own earpiece. It was just a confirmation on something he already knew. The light above the bar shone over Jamie’s face and he noticed how red she had become. Jamie, on the other hand, glanced at Wyde to see that he had no reaction. She concluded he had no earpiece.

“How’d they die?” she asked Donatello, hearing the tapping of the keyboard from his side.

“Gunshots to the head. All of them,” Don told his cousin. “So most likely keep a look out for him when he’s near the window.”

“Noted,” Jamie whispered, trying to search the crowd for him. “Don, can you pin point where he is right now? Hack into the club cameras?”

“I can try but I’m on a plane, Jamie. There are limitations. The pictures are literally coming up pixelated. Did you get what he was wearing?”

“Black blazer, black dress shirt and black pants.”

“In a club? What a boogeyman,” Donatello fought the urge to roll his eyes. “Can’t you ask Billy to lend you a hand in hacking?”

“Billy’s busy, Don. He’s got a girlfriend.”

“And I don’t care and someone is about to die, Jamie,” Don answered, Jamie making a face. She finally obliged, calling her brother as she began to move through the crowds. Their target would be dancing, would he? It was late, it was a club.

“What?” Billy asked, heaving. Jamie turned red, not wanting to know what he had been doing. “Dinah, I can’t go on anymore. It’s hard—”

“Okay, I didn’t need to hear that…”

“What are you talking about? I’m working out with Dinah. ing Uncle One is really pushing it this time,” he grumbled and Jamie opened , letting out an “Ohhhh”. She then proceeded to explain the situation, Billy grunting. “And that dip wants me to get access of the cameras?”

“Careful.” Wyde said from behind Jamie, his hand nestling on the small of her back. Jamie’s eyes widened, the female trying to focus. Wyde raised a hand over her shoulder, parting the people for her so it was easier to navigate through the crowd of people who were dancing on drugs and alcohol.

“Just do it, Billy.”

“Hell yeah, anything to get out of working out.” Billy stood up and ran, Uncle One’s voice bellowing after him. He finally reached his room, connecting to the ear piece before he rapidly tapped on the keyboard. It didn’t take long when he grunted.

“About time, Billy,” Donatello said and Billy scrunched his nose up.

“Whatever. Got the cameras. Don, send me the picture of the target.”

Billy got the picture in less than a second, his eyes squinting at the screen. He narrowed his eyes.

“I’ll get the outer cameras.”

“Get the outer cameras.”

The two strategist-hackers said at the same time, Donatello not able to hide the smile on his face. He proceeded to get the outer cameras surrounding the area since it was easier, the male frowning.

“Billy, I can’t war drive from this far.”

“I’ll handle the load after I point out Jamie’s target.”

“Sounds good.”

Jamie was lost, simply standing in the crowd of people with Wyde behind her. He was close, very close and she felt this swelling in her heart. It felt like it wanted to explode. She looked over her shoulder to see him stand there with his hands in his pockets.

“We’ll have to let the strategists-hackers do their jobs first,” she told him and he blinked before nodding. She turned back, Wyde suddenly grabbing her by the shoulders, pushing her against the wall near the post. His hand went to the back of her head so she wouldn’t slam the back of her head against the wall.

She looked at him questioningly, Wyde catching a glimpse of people scanning the crowd. Donatello had given him a VIP pass under someone else’ name. The person must have arrived and since it was a VIP party with drugs and alcohol, they would take impersonation of identity seriously. No one wanted to get busted by the police.

“What’s happen—”

“Donatello, I think they caught on from the VIP pass you stole.” Wyde pressed against his earpiece, Jamie unable to look away from him as his face hovered above hers.

“You stole a VIP pass?” Billy asked with a teasing voice. “Should have added their names on the list and then gave them another pass. Not very thorough, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, well… Your sister did not give me a heads up before she just walked up to them, did she?” Donatello shot back. While the two argued, Wyde looked down at her grey dress. It was different than the rest and it wouldn’t take long until they’d catch her.

“Why did you have to wear a dress?” Wyde asked, trying to hide her body with his, away from the eyes of the people who were finding them.

“It’s Jamie,” Don and Billy chorused, Jamie looking down at her outfit. It was true. Jamie always wore dresses. Skirts. Sometimes, heels. Sometimes, sneakers with dresses. Jamie looked around.

But she was always, always prepared.

Being Billy’s sister did that to you.

Wyde cleared his throat, Jamie turning around before motioning to the zipper. He had no choice but to slide it down her back, Jamie quickly stepping out of her dress. She wore a black bullet proof corset under her black bra. She had stealth leggings to which she rolled down her legs since she always kept them folded up. Wyde tugged off his jacket, handing it to her.

As Jamie slipped it on, she looked like she was dressed for the club.

“Jamie, Robert dude is at the VIP karaoke room,” Billy said and Jamie nodded, slipping past Wyde who tried to keep up with the female. She entered the place where Billy said he would be when they heard a yell.

Looking at the source, the guards had spotted them despite the outfit change (Jamie would say it was because a face like Wyde was hard to forget). With two men barreling towards both of them, Jamie was prepared to do her job and knock them out but Wyde beat her to it—a punch to the face, grabbing one of them and knocking them both together just to have them unconscious on the ground.

Jamie was in awe, Wyde dragging the bodies towards an empty karaoke room when he saw her staring.

“What? I used to be an assassin,” he told her and she frowned.

“Really? I thought you were always in transportation….?”

“I was a dual agent, just settled for transportation,” he answered, feeling the bodies of the guards to grab a card. It would give them access to where Robert Downy might be.

“But… wait… Why?” she asked, Wyde throwing her an extra card.

“Killing isn’t my thing,” he answered simply. “We have to hurry, won’t take long until they’ll find us, Jamie.”

It took awhile for Jamie to register it but when it did, Jamie was ecstatic.

“You called me Jamie!” she exclaimed, running after him. Back on the plane, Donatello had gotten access to the outer cameras, the male finally switching between the different street cameras.

“Guys, there is a man on the opposite building. He’s sitting there and he’s dressed in all black.”

“SUS?” Billy asked, Donatello telling him that it was very suspicious. “Jamie, go check Room B12. That room is the only VIP room with a window. He might have been manipulated to go there so they can finish him off.”

“Why can’t they just poison him?” Jamie grumbled, trying to find room B12.

“Because if they do, the club will go down, no?” Don asked, Jamie rolling her eyes and telling him that that’s the point. “Wait, that’s a very good question. Why would they not just poison him?”

“It will hurt the club’s reputation,” Billy agreed. “But that would mean the person hiring the hitmen would be someone who cares about the club. Maybe an investor or a shareholder.”

“And the reason why the target is at this club is because he knows the person. Trusts him. Put two and two together, it might be an inner person trying to get rid of everyone who had took part in the original hacking case,” Wyde told them, Jamie looking impressed before her attention went to the sign on the door.

“B12!” she rushed into the room when she saw Robert Downy bowing to someone. “I found him, let me go and—”

But her voice was cut off when an array of bullets shot through the windows. Wyde grabbed her and pushed her onto the ground, Jamie wincing as the glass shattered.

Robert Downy dropped down onto the ground.

“Target assassinated,” Jamie breathed, blood seeping onto the carpet not far away from her.

“He was a person, anyway.” Donatello scanned his list. “But now we know one thing, everyone related to the case is dead except the hacker. It won’t be long until they’ll find out who Hollowmoon is, but because he might be a civilian hacker—we need to beat them to it.”

“Ahuh,” Billy hummed and Jamie rolled to her side, groaning. Wyde was already on his feet, offering her his hand.

Jamie thought the adrenaline would end that night but it lasted longer than she thought. As well as the arrival of a new feeling: embarrassment.

Driving down the streets, heading back to SM, Asia, Jamie found herself thinking of the day’s events when she frowned.

“Wait… You had an earpiece all along?” she asked, Wyde giving a small nod. “But if that’s the case then like… what Don said…”

She was getting increasingly nervous now, Wyde concluding it to her.

“I heard it all.”

Jamie wanted to pass out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The arrival of the Americans had caused SM, Asia to treat them like celebrities. Oh Donatello, Oh Taeyeon and Kim Patricia made their way down the long red carpet that was laid on the ground before them with an air of confidence. Their cousins stood waiting for them, Kim Patricia throwing her hair over her shoulder before brand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter