the wrath of lee jeno

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Friendly reminder that the science might not make any sense! xD

[The day of the mission, Brunei, Dock]

The initial plan were two big cargo ships. He had already appointed his people on different areas—except Leeteuk, of course. The shooter had insisted on being with Jisung. Kyuhyun was now stationed in a warehouse by the dock, waiting for the ship to come.

He didn’t expect it to go smoothly, he knew that was almost impossible with Super Junior. Kyuhyun paced around the room, Key in front of him with Sungmin, the men trying to hack into the network of nearby places. Their fingers pressed down on the keyboard, trying to see if they could receive any signal of an incoming boat. His team was spontaneous, but this time, he hoped that they were prepared.

“Two ships, 50 people each,” Kyuhyun repeated to himself, Key smiling to himself at the strategists murmuring. “Can I have the people who are in positions, please?”

“Choi Minho, in position by the dock. Donghae is going to dock another ship and I’m guarding it with Shindong.”

Kyuhyun nodded—That was the original plan to delay the ship. You can’t dock a ship on a single dock if the dock was occupied, right? That would give them some time to overtake both ships that held the people who were being trafficked. From what he knew, the hundred people who were there were taken away from their families. Tested for the warrior gene, they were there against their own will.

The fifty people who were back at the base, however, were a different case. They knew what they were doing and had decided to serve the Sultan of Brunei in his sick plan of making an army.

Kyuhyun pressed the earpiece against his ear, looking at the list of people he had brought to the mission. First-generation agents, Key smirking to himself when he heard a voice.

“How you doing, lifeguard?” Key said to his team mate, smirking.

“Shut the up, Key. I was retired and in the military and yet here I am,” Minho hissed. “And lifeguard?”

“Minho, what do you call a security guard near water?” Key prodded on his teammate’s nerves. “A lifeguard.”

“Be nice,” Another voice butted in, Shinee’s retired strategist speaking from the rooftop. “Why is it that both of you can’t be nice to each other? We’re on a mission. I’m here with Henry, he’s securing the area by the trucks that are going to the people out.”

“I agree with the fighting. Shindong, where are you?” Kyuhyun asked his own teammate who was the security, the male’s voice piping up.

“A little bit away from Minho.”

“Taengoo, where are you?” he asked, the female replying.

“Another rooftop with Victoria. She’s got her guns ready.”

“The extra ship is docked,” Donghae said.

“Drive the drone closer and see if the upcoming ship is the one,” Kyuhyun said and he saw the screen show a boat, the male frowning.

“Kyuhyun, I thought you said that it would be two ships,” Onew said. “That’s one huge ship. How is she going to scale the side of the ship?”

“I got it,” a soft voice said and they could hear the rumble of the jetski drive over the water, Kyuhyun nodding. He had faith in her, he knew she was one of the best.

Krystal Jung spoke into her earpiece, her hands around Amber Liu’s hips when she saw the upcoming ship. Taengoo’s drone had told them that it was that ship—the license plate the same as what they had researched before.

“Where the is Taemin?” Key murmured and they heard a huff but it was followed with silence.

There was a splash and Amber’s voice reported to Kyuhyun.

“Krystal just went under to scope out. Let’s do this.” Amber said before asking once more. “Where is Taemin?”

Krystal dove underwater, her eyes fluttering open, the light from her life vest shining as she squinted from behind the diving mask. She went under the boat, pressing her device under the ship before pulling it. She swam away, pulling the string before swimming up to the surface.

Okay, now she would have to hook it up and climb the side of the ship.

The boat was big and she was worried because it worked on normal small boats but they underestimated its size.

But Krystal Jung wasn’t called Krystal Jung for no reason, the female swinging the hookup and high until there was a satisfactory clang and the rope tightened. She looked at the side to see Amber giving her a thumbs up, the female trying to stay in the shadows to not be detected.

“I’m climbing.” She finally said and Onew gave her the signal, the female already on her way. Her long legs used the side of the ship as leverage, Krystal wondering to herself why the ship was too big.

“Remember, Krystal. The control center, kill off the person and Amber can take over. We can’t let them get off the ship,” Kyuhyun repeated and Krystal rolled her eyes.

Kyuhyun had his attention back to the ship, seeing Krystal climb up. He was worried about her; in the end she was a woman—a very talented one but a woman, nonetheless. She preferred to work alone and he saw Amber and Donghae guard both sides of the ship as Krystal heaved her way up to the side.

She was going to try to kill the one piloting the ship and he could hardly see her with the lack of light. Krystal crept to the side, a knife in hand. Oh, if only her older sister was here. Jessica didn’t know she was recruited, though. She had always missed the agent life.

Krystal pressed her back against the wall, hearing people speak. She had no idea what they were saying but she guessed it was something along the lines of why the ship was moving slower than expected. The female finally slid into the broom closet when she heard footsteps in the hallway. She peeked through the spaces to see a man approaching, the woman timing it in her mind.

1…

2…

3—

The moment he stopped in front of the closet, she opened it, the door slamming against his head. The action was quick but good enough to knock him out, Krystal stealthily grabbing him and shoving him into the closet. It took her twenty seconds, a change of clothes and putting the cap above her wet hair.

“Undercover,” she whispered.

“Nice. That’s my Krystal,” Amber mused. “I’m going to stay on standby, when you need us—holler.”

She had one job and that was to go to where the person piloting the hip was and kill him off. Krystal finally moving through the ship swiftly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minho and Shindong stood there, guarding the ship that Donghae had docked when there was a sound from the side. Both of them wore caps and before they knew it, men advanced towards the docks, their eyes on them.

“Look natural.”

“You look natural,” Minho snapped to Shindong when one of them spoke. When they reply, the male seemed to be suspicious, switching to English with a thick accent.

“We have cargo coming, you need to move your ship,” he said and Minho cleared his throat, glancing at Shindong who shook his head. “Sir, your ship is not registered to dock at the time being—”

“I’m sorry, sir. But we are under direct orders to make sure that this ship does not move,” Minho replied, the male glowering at him. The men behind him suddenly stepped forward.

“Under whose authority?” he demanded and Minho blinked. The guy had no idea. Shindong too, his throat going dry when a voice spoke out.

“Mine.”

Oh, they knew that voice anywhere. It was obvious they weren’t that prepared, Minho thought, watching as Heechul stepped out from the shadows. He had his shades on and he knew that Super Junior’s forger was trying to diverge the men’s attention.

“I come from the…” Heechul paused, Siwon’s voice speaking out to help them.

“The authority of Brunei’s Royal Palace,” Siwon said, Heechul repeating what he said. “Tell him that the boat that is docking is the boat that they are meant to handle. Delay them until Krystal gets to the control center.”

Heechul followed Siwon’s orders, the man raising an eyebrow before he smirked.

“I am not stupid,” he spoke when he smiled. “We have checked and the arriving boat is the one we are looking for. That cargo boat has been stolen a day before.”

, Minho thought. He didn’t know what to say to that, the man going by instinct before swinging a punch.

“Minho?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, a fight breaking out as Heechul gave the closest man a flying kick.

“Do you have any better idea?”

“You just blew their cover—”

“They knew, Kyuhyun! They knew!”

That was all he had to say when he suddenly could see Shindong barreling towards the men, pushing them to the side. He winced, Shindong and Minho’s tactic of keeping people away was simple at best. They rooted themselves at the dock, Minho finally tightening his vest in case he fell into the water.

“Nice life vest, Lifeguard,” Key sang and Minho gritted his teeth.

“You take the people on the right; I take the people on the left,” he told Shindong, the male nodding. The two were fearless, both of them going into a frenzy of simply trying to knock out the confused men. Minho grunted, ducking while Shindong swung once, the man he was aiming for falling onto the ground, knocked out.

Suddenly a gunshot sounded and Minho jumped, looking up. Heechul squealed and Minho ducked, grabbing the forger by the hand to push him away.

“Not me,” Victoria said.

“Not me,” Henry added. “Someone is on another roof. They were prepared.”

“Well, ,” Kyuhyun said when another road of gunshots were aimed at Minho and Shindong. “All of you, get out of there. Victoria, cover them.”

“Roger,” Victoria said, her eyes peering through aim glass. “Taengoo, monitor the situation.”

“Victoria, Henry. This is your time to shine. Shoot them if you have to,” Kyuhyun said. “Not one of those hundred people leaves the ship.”

“I have no idea where Taemin went,” she said, her drone hovering around the place, everyone wondering the same thing.

“I see him. The shooter. I’m going after him,” Henry said and Kyuhyun was about to stop him but he heard a thud and almost immediately, the drone caught Henry with his gun attached to him, the male jumping across the rooftop. “Victoria—”

“I got it, Henry. I got it,” she mused, shooting a few more bullets as Minho, Shindong, and Heechul began to lead the men away. “This is good, this is good. Distract them from the ship.”

“Yeah, well! We have no choice!” Minho yelled, the number of men running after him actually scaring him. “Why can’t you just roll and knock them over like a bowling ball?”

“Do they look like bowling pins to you?” Shindong snapped at Minho, the male running out of breath. Heechul knew he was getting old, the male huffing and puffing while the men tried to capture them.

“We need to separate!”

“Well, no !”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Henry Lau had reached where the shooter was at, the male leaping over to the figure who had his gun perched on the edge of the cement wall, Henry slowly making his way towards him before he grabbed him from behind.

The male gasped in shock, Henry twisting him around when the man knocked his head backwards, catching Henry by surprise. He reached out to press his hand against his forehead when there was a click and there was gun to his face.

Henry couldn’t see how the person looked like; the male stepping closer when Henry smirked. He swung his gun, both of them with their guns slamming against each other as the bullets shot into the air. They jumped, Henry kicking his gun away when Kyuhyun asked him if he was okay.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, Kyuhyun,” he said, leaping to the side to avoid getting punched when the man paused, lowering his fists.

“Kyuhyun?” the man said, Henry blinking at the man repeating what he said when he ripped off his cap and Henry squinted in the dark. “Henry? Henry Lau?”

“What… U-Know Yunho?” Henry asked, shocked at the situation, Victoria asking him what was going on. “What the , I thought you retired? What are you doing here?”

“I was hired by the Sultan of Brunei to scope out the place, I didn’t know I would actually have to use my gun to shoot people—What are you doing here?” Yunho demanded, looking at the gun in his hand and throwing it to the side. “Don’t worry about this, I won’t shoot you.”

“We’re working for Johnny Suh, it’s a matter of global security,” Henry said and Yunho frowned. “How about Changmin—”

“He’s in jail. One of my associates told me he met Johnny Suh in jail.” Yunho shrugged. “He likes it there. This was supposed to be my comeback, I need to pay my daughter’s tuition fee and I was given a very good deal to make sure no one compromises the cargo ship.”

“Did the sultan tell you anything about the mission?” Henry asked, hooking his gun to his back, Yunho shaking his head and saying that he was just following orders.

“Let me take you back to Kyuhyun—”

“He’s here? Oh right, he’s usually an on-site strategist,” Yunho said. “Am I going to get paid for this?”

“We can ask Johnny for you,” Henry said. “This way.”

“Who is here?” Yunho asked, grabbing his gun. “The same old team?”

“Practically everyone,” Henry replied.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal had infiltrated the ship, the woman merged into the shadows as she finally crept up to the control center. She saw one man there, the female grabbing her knife before creeping up to the man. This was going to be easy, she thought to herself when she finally reached out to strangle him from behind. He gasped, and Krystal tightened her grip when there was a kick and a siren sounded.

What?

“Did he just hit the signal button?” Kyuhyun asked, Krystal slightly panicking when she saw that the man did slam his fist against the emergency button. She was losing her touch; she should have dragged him away first.

But it was done and she heard footsteps behind her, Krystal slitting the man’s throat before whipping around to see more men in front of her. The man she killed fell onto the floor, a click of guns aimed at her when Krystal lifted her hand up into the air.

“Guys,” she managed to say, Kyuhyun monitoring the situation from the drone that had flown to where the cargo ship was at. “Uh…”

And that was that, Krystal being grabbed by their grubby hands and forced to sit down when they began asking her questions that she refused to answer. In her ears, she could hear Amber panicking, her best friend wondering if she should scale the side of the ship to save Krystal but she knew that two against five wouldn’t be enough since Amber Liu was hardly an assassin but transportation.

“Where are you from? Who sent you?” the male hissed, his bad breath on her nose. Krystal’s hands were tied behind her, restricting her movements. “Answer me or I’ll kill you—”

“Just answer anyone, Krystal. You know they’ll kill you,” Kyuhyun said. “Someone get to her!”

“We’re kind of busy!” Minho yelled, his huffing puffing showing that he was still handling the men who were going after him, Shindong and Heechul.

“I can try to go to her—” Donghae was saying when the man pressed his gun against Krystal’s forehead, the woman closing her eyes. She could get away; she knew but she had to trust her instincts and wait.

“Krystal, why aren’t you saying anything?” Onew demanded, both the onsite strategists wondering what was going on in her mind.

“I’m waiting,” she said, both the strategists and the man asking what she was waiting for.

“For what?” the man asked gruffly, pulling her head back roughly when a dagger flew from behind him, three of his men falling onto the ground with their throats cut.

“For that,” Krystal said, smirking as she stood up and slammed the chair against the man’s body, taking him by surprise. “Took you long enough, Min.”

“Shinee is back!” Taemin chortled, leaping into the air and grabbing the men from behind, doing his signature move of slitting people’s throats. He was never a clean killer and he enjoyed it, the male punching one of them and kicking them before bringing the blade down to stab him on the heart as Krystal got away from the ropes that tied her. She kicked the man between the legs, the male howling in pain when both she and Taemin circled him.

“Say it with me, Krystal Jung,” Taemin said, both of their voices ringing out.

“Any last words?” Both of them asking the man about to say something when Taemin slashed the blade across his neck, the man falling down to the ground—dead.

“Deny last words,” Taemin said to himself, Krystal laughing. “You still got it.”

“Of course, I still do,” she said, chuckling. “Donghae, we’re done. Let us handle the boat and the people.”

“Roger,” Donghae’s voice said. “Coming.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal and Taemin made their way down to try to check on the people, the two assassins hearing a hum from the lower levels of the cargo when they shot the lock and pushed it open. There was a light emitting from the place and when they stepped it, Krystal gasped.

“What the —” Taemin said to himself.

“What? Why?” Kyuhyun demanded.

They first expected people, normal people being chained up as prisoners but what they found was different. There were pods, a hundred of them with people inside, sleeping. Krystal stepped closer to one of the pods, her jaw-dropping open.

“Kyuhyun, we have a problem,” she said, softly. “These people—”

“What?”

Taemin tapped on the glass of the pod, about to open it to free one of them when Krystal grabbed his hand, motioning to the words that came up.

“Maintain radiation levels.” It said and Taemin blinked.

“Kyuhyun, this people are radiated,” Krystal said to Kyuhyun, the strategist trying to process her words. “This changes everything. They need the Hulk drug or they will die. She radiated them and she sent them—”

“Are you serious?” Kyuhyun cursed, Onew’s voice coming up.

“She probably did it so the Sultan of Brunei can’t back out of the deal. This is a business deal to her.”

What Onew said made sense.

“He can’t back out when a hundred people are radiated and they will need the Hulk drug to survive.”

“What to do?” Kyuhyun paused. “So, we need to bring these people to the military base—make sure they get the Hulk drug injected to them and make sure the fifty people who aren’t radiated yet back in the base never get radiated at all— Are the pods radiating them or?”

“That’s the plan,” Krystal said. “The pods are only to maintain the radiation levels, I think. To expose them to radiation, they need a machine. Means she planned this out and did it as pre-preparation.”

“No wonder they changed the cargo to a bigger ship. You better tell Johnny Suh that there has been a change of plans.”

Kyuhyun rubbed his head.

So, all they did was for nothing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Brunei, the military base]

Jisung and Leeteuk were positioned on the top of the rooftop and the cold air was making Leeteuk sentimental as Jisung chattered on. Both of them held their guns, Leeteuk momentarily nodding from time to time.

“So, I failed all my classes,” Jisung was saying, making Leeteuk blink at the news.

“Why, Jisung?”

“I didn’t know how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter