7th sense

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N. I changed the plot. I realized Dana needs to be a tad bit more special, if that makes sense. 

 I hate myself. lol Also, it's a bit fast. Just a heads up!

The next morning started at 5:30 and everything was calm. The wind was cold enough to feel piercing and Sungchan had already took his place. He yawned, blinking his eyes softly as he tried to stay awake. He had never been on-field missions before and the only thing he could think of was—What exactly could go wrong? He had heard of the rest—Luhan and Tao especially, talk about missions and he often felt envious of them but now that he was trying to stay awake when the sun wasn’t even up, he realized that they weren’t exactly as adventurous as he thought it would be.

Yet.

And then there was Jaemin, the life of the party, the male having already changed since morning and eaten his breakfast—fresh and determined to get Renjun back. Oh, Jaemin; Sungchan thought as the shock of pink hair could be seen zooming towards the stone walls from far away.

Mingyu’s voice was in his ear and Jaemin and Sungchan would get a head start.

“We’re in place,” Mingyu said. “Go in and I’ll Joshua in with the rest in thirty minutes. Na Jaemin, be careful—”

“IT’S JAEMIN TIME, ES!” Jaemin screeched, Sungchan jumping as he watched Jaemin wave frantically, jumping up and down. His hair was blowing with the wind and his hands were in the air as if he was in an EDM concert. To top that off, he began to sing.

“Hands in the air, I don’t care! Take me. TAKE ME! I know you want me.” He seemed to have choked on his own spit and Sungchan blinked. “RENJUN!”

There was a pause.

“I AM COMING!!!”

Sungchan nervously gripped the few bugs he had in his hand, knowing that he had to stick them against the walls as Shotaro had ordered so he could handle the monitors. He put them in his pocket when the guards began to move towards Jaemin, Sungcham tilting his helmet down so they won’t see his face. He quickly grabbed Jaemin by the elbow, pushing him forward as Jaemin visibly relaxed when he saw that it was Sungchan.

There were processed guards coming for them now, Sungchan knew he would merge well with them, the male finally pressing his back against Jaemin’s as the men stopped in front of them. Their eyes were blank and Sungchan could tell that they were different.

They all turned, circling Jaemin and Sungchan let go of him, following their actions. The way they marched with rhythm was hard for him to catch up but he finally got a hold of it, moving to the right so he would be by the walls. He slowly grabbed the bugs and finally, both of them were inside the stone walls with Jaemin hopping in the midst of the guards.

Sungchan pressed the bugs against the walls on the way to the study.

“Ouch, calm down, dude. I’m still very sleepy,” Jaemin grumbled, trying to keep up with the pace when they escorted him straight to a study.

At first, he didn’t see anyone and it was just a huge study with the walls lined up with books. The guards moved around, their backs against the wall and he could see Sungchan quickly pick up the pace, trying not to blink.

“Na Jaemin,” a voice said and Jaemin tilted his head, his eyes finally seeing the monitors that Mingyu was talking about. There were countless ones and he saw one camera that was aimed at Renjun, his best friend sleeping very peacefully.

Jaemin smiled when he saw Renjun.

“Na Jaemin.”

And when he looked forward, he saw Doctor Huang sitting there. She was in her coat and he wondered if she even got any sleep, the male tilting his head at her. She was beautiful, he thought. Too bad she was crazy.

He pointed to the monitor.

“That’s my pretty boy and I want him back,” he said to her and she chuckled, her hands intertwined.

“I see you’ve come a long way to see my son,” she said simply and Jaemin walked around the room casually, his eyes on the walls to see a photo of baby Renjun. He picked it up, staring at it before nodding.

“Mhm. I did,” he mused. “It’s because you’re a filthy excuse of a mother.”

His comment did not faze her and she laughed. It was high pitched and Jaemin turned to her, frowning. It hardly happened but her laugh sent shivers up his spine.

“A courageous man, I see,” she said and she motioned to the tea in front of him. “Come, let us have a conversation.”

“Sure,” Jaemin replied, shrugging. The male moved forward, sitting down on the single cushion couch with Doctor Huang going straight for him. She sat down, leaning forward to pour the tea into the cup when Jaemin eyed it. “Not going to poison me, are you? I may be crazy but I’m not stupid.”

“If I wanted you dead, you would already be,” she replied and Jaemin scoffed, picking up the tea and smelling it before he smiled.

He threw the teacup to the side, the sound of breaking glass echoing through the study before he beamed.

“What a beautiful sound,” he said. She was facing him, and he could see the monitors behind her, Renjun stirring. “If you wanted me dead, you wouldn’t be able to find me. I came alone anyway, through the forest. It’s been a long journey, woman. All I want is my Renjun back!”

“Alone?” she asked and he could sense both disbelief and suspicion before she masked it with a smile. “How very determined of you.”

“Yes, woman.” Jaemin lifted up a hand. “You think my friends would come for Renjun? I had to drug my partner to come alone and I am risking the relationship with the love of my life for this mission—I mean, not mission but to take back what is mine and that is your son! Who is now MY SON!”

He rambled on. “And there is nothing, NOTHING! You can say that will change my mind—Oh, he’s awakeeee!”

Renjun could be seen sitting up, blinking slowly and Jaemin stood up abruptly, Doctor Huang simply studying him. He moved to the monitors and he could hear Mingyu in his ear, telling the others that it was time and that the stone walls were going to be opened.

The sound of the walls opening was droned out by Jaemin who had his attention on Renjun.

He stopped in front of the buttons that were laid out in front of him, Jaemin finally turning to Doctor Huang to ask her a question.

“Which button is it, woman? The blue one?” He motioned to the buttons. “The one with the microphone, I want to talk to my Renjun.”

“The red one,” Doctor Huang said, humoring him.

And with that Jaemin pushed down the red button, a small click sounding before he began to speak.

“Renjun, good morning!” he chirped. “Rise and shine my pretty boy!”

Renjun looked around, looking confused as he tried to process Jaemin’s voice.

“Mama, that’s not funny,” he mumbled, Jaemin laughing to himself before speaking again.

“Indeed,” he mused. “It’s not funny. Renjun…. SURPRISE! It’s Nana!”

There was a moment of silence from Renjun’s side when he blinked.

“Why isn’t he—” Jaemin muttered to himself when Renjun began to scream—it was so blood-curdling, Jaemin jumped back in surprise.

“MAMA! I said… IT’S NOT FUNNY!” Renjun yelled out, Jaemin pressing down on the red button again.

“No, no. No tantrums now, pretty boy. I have come to take you back and we are going to go back and be a happy family with Jeno and nine cats…. Even though I’m pretty sure Jeno is pissed at us right now. I think.”

“Nana?” Renjun breathed, his eyes widening with fear. No, this was not supposed to happen. He didn’t know that Jaemin would come like this. It was too…. Renjun’s heartbeat in his chest. His mother was crazy and the fact that Jaemin was in the same room with his mother was making Renjun going to have a panic attack. “Nana… please. Say something only Nana would know.”

Please, please— Renjun chanted in his head, Jaemin clearing his throat.

“I would still love you if you were a worm,” Jaemin said when he heard Mingyu’s voice in his ears.

“We’re inside the stone walls,” Mingyu said. “They are bringing Joshua into the cells first. I’ll do my rounds. Dana and Jisung will be trying to find Renjun and Xiaojun and Shotaro will be in an empty room—”

But Jaemin wasn’t paying attention to that, seeing Renjun frantically rush out of bed.

“Nana…. Nana, what are you doing here? MAMA?” he began to scream. “MAMA! What’s going on, Mama?”

Doctor Huang was already behind Jaemin, the male moving away from her as she pressed down on the button.

“That’s enough, Renjun. I need some time with your friend—After you killed the Minghao boy last night, I see that his body had disappeared. Fool me once, Renjun, and it’s a shame on you. Fool me twice and—”

“MAMA!” Renjun began to wail and Jaemin saw him rush out of the bedroom, his image coming on another monitor as the truck stopped in another. He could see Joshua being escorted and he turned away, Doctor Huang heading back to the small table in the middle of the study.

He saw Dana, Jisung, Xiaojun, and Shotaro climb out of the truck, and Jaemin knew he had to keep her distracted. Renjun could already be heard speeding down the hall.

“MAMA! WAIT—”

“Keep her distracted.” Dana was saying and Jaemin hopped back to the table, Doctor Huang sitting down.

“So, woman. Let us have a little chat.” Jaemin smiled at her. “Parent to parent. What’s best for Renjun—”

“You broke him,” Doctor Huang said, smiling back and the fake kindness was enough to make Jaemin want to throw hands. He lifted an eyebrow.

“I broke him? I healed him! He was about to kill himself when I met him—”

“He wouldn’t have done it, anyway,” Doctor Huang said, scoffing.

“I still take the credit,” Jaemin said when he could hear Renjun slamming his fists on the door. “Let the poor child in.”

The doctor looked over to her minions, speaking.

“Let him in, but hold him,” she said. “You. By the door.”

And that was Sungchan, the male trying to act as robotic as possible. He went to open the door, Renjun’s eyes widening when he saw Sungchan’s face, the male winking when he grabbed Renjun.

“Mama—”

Doctor Huang held up a hand to silence Renjun, her son already knowing what he would do.

“I’m happy you’re here, Jaemin. You see, the past year I have been busy with experimenting,” she said, smiling as she stood up. “You know, I tried it on the people of Seoul at first. I think you might have heard of it; it was in the news.”

She grabbed a remote, pressing down on it when a recording of the news came on.

“Three people found dead from alleged suicide.

Citizens from different parts of Seoul were found dead this morning from alleged suicide. All three suicides happened after six pm and police are speculating a serial killer.”

Oh, Jaemin knew of the news.

He had heard of it more than a year ago… Four days before he was taken in by Johnny with Renjun. He was on the streets and it was the second topic that everyone was talking about next to the YG gas leak.

“It was you,” he said, blinking.

“Of course, it was. You know what’s more, Jaemin?” she asked, Renjun trying to step forward but Sungchan tightened his grip on him to warn him not to blow his cover. “The three people who died after watching that subliminal were all Seasonies that were put out onto the streets.”

An evil smile went up her face.

“Mama… No!”

“And how did you show them the subliminal?” Jaemin asked, very interested.

“YG had KBS… A Broadcasting station under its branch—the power of the brain, Na Jaemin. It’s a sponge... Sounds, touch, everything in between, the brain can handle. A Seasonies brain, however, is so simple. Very simple,” she repeated, her hand going to the side.

“Mama, no… Mama—” Renjun said, and Jaemin could see Renjun’s eyes water up.

“Do you like to listen to music, Jaemin? Because I have the perfect song for you.”

“Mama, no!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Kim Mingyu]

I could hear Jaemin rambling in the background and I slipped out of the truck with the rest of the Seasonies. Mingyu was motioning us to follow him and we hid in the shadows, Mingyu telling us that we had to divide into two. It was simple at best and there seemed to have no problem but we had no idea where Renjun was—

Listening to it, it was as if Renjun was with Jaemin. I could hear his distant screaming and Mingyu ushered us into the house. When we finally went into the mansion, Shotaro pointed up at the cameras that were moving around and we hoped that Jaemin was doing his job.

“We should try to go to the control room—it controls the lights and everything,” Mingyu said. “And it’s a blind spot. But the monitors are controlled in her study. Dana, Jisung—it’s best you start looking for Renjun.”

Suddenly, I could hear Doctor Huang talk to Jaemin very calmly, but this… This, I could hear.

“Do you like to listen to music, Jaemin? Because I have the perfect song for you.”

And just like that, there was a loud high-pitched sound.

It rang in our ears and I gasped, ripping the earpiece off, Shotaro and Xiaojun doing the same. I rubbed my ears and Mingyu suddenly grabbed my hand, lifting it up to his face to see that the earpiece was fried.

“What the ?” I said to myself, seeing that it was broken. What kind of sound was it that it literally killed the device like that? There was no way to contact Jaemin now and I heard a loud yell from the study.

“We need to stick to the plan—” Mingyu was about to say when his walkie-talkie made sound and an order could be heard. “Our cover is blown.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Do you like to listen to music, Jaemin? Because I have the perfect song for you.”

Doctor Huang said, pressing something when a high-pitched sound rang through the room. Jaemin found himself doubling over, his head ringing with pain when suddenly he saw Sungchan by the door do the same thing—

No. He told her that he came alone…

“What?” Doctor Huang could be heard muttering, her eyes on Sungchan as he pulled out the earpiece, plugging his ears with his fingers. She whipped her head to glare at Jaemin, realization dawning when she realized that he wasn’t alone as he said.

“STOP! Stop, Mama!” Renjun panted, trying to fight the guards off. “You’re going to hurt him—You’re going to hurt him!”

The music stopped and Jaemin gasps, his head feeling dizzy, his blood pounding against his ears.

“What the was that?” he snapped, but Doctor Huang had already told the guards to grab Sungchan who was just as affected as Jaemin. “Woman—”

“Sweep the whole town and the mansion, there are people with us. Any unfamiliar face, take them in and bring them to the fourth floor.”

“No! Not the fourth floor! Anywhere but the fourth floor!” Renjun screeched, flailing his body. “Send them to the cells. Not the fourth floor!”

But Doctor Huang had already made up her mind and with a flick of her finger, both Jaemin and Sungchan were dragged away.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Doctor Huang said to sweep the whole town and mansion,” the voice from Mingyu’s walkie-talkie said and there were footsteps when his name was called. A guard was approaching and we all turned to see that it was just a single guard, Mingyu stepping forward defensively.

The guard was about to reach for his walkie-talkie when Mingyu muttered to himself.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” And with that, he stepped forward, swinging his fist against the man’s face, knocking out in one blow. “We need to leave; you all need to leave. They’re coming—”

But Doctor Huang’s guards were faster and we could see them begin to sweep the mansion.

“I’m not leaving Jaemin and Sungchan… Not Renjun—”

“Oh Dana, do you know what’s going to happen if she finds you? You’ll have to be prepared to die!”

“Mingyu!” another voice said, and Mingyu tried to be natural as possible, a hand grabbing mine and Jisung’s. “Who are those people?”

“Found them,” he finally said to the guards. “I can’t blow my cover.”

That itself, was obvious because Mingyu was the only person who could go in and out of the stone walls. So, with his whisper, we finally lifted our hands up as a sign of surrender.

“Doctor Huang said that we need to take them and the other two to the fourth floor.”

Mingyu’s voice dropped and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter