Season 2 end! (#renmin)

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a Monday and everything was beginning to fall into place.

Renjun was happy, more than happy- he was ecstatic and the male was rushing around the big mansion that Dana and Johnny had given them to stay in. Lee Sooman’s Paradise, a gated community, now N-CITY, was to be his safe place and Renjun got a floor all for himself. He smiled at the bare walls, wondering what he should paint on them when he saw Jaemin’s newly dyed brown hair peek from behind the walls.

“You dyed your hair,” he said, Jaemin reaching up to touch the strands. It wouldn’t take long until he’d dye it back to something brighter, Renjun thought. He knew Jaemin well.

“Eh, got to do it for the corporate world,” Jaemin said, huffing. “Jeno told me that there will be a board meeting with a couple of investors the next few weeks. I hate it… I hate it! Doesn’t help that it’s a Monday and Jeno is sleeping over at Dana and Johnny’s house today because he has work tomorrow. I told him, we can retire! We can finally rest but no, Jeno-the-workaholic! Jeno-on-the-go! What is he saving up for? We have a house and it’s not like we’re going to adopt any kids… We have you!” He grumbled.

Renjun frowned.

Of course, the only person who would be able to make Jaemin do something he didn’t want to do would be Jeno and Renjun sighed, sitting on the bed as Jaemin yawned. He seemed sleepy and Renjun blinked, a smile traveling up his face.

Renjun couldn’t put a finger on it… He was so happy and he didn’t know what to do when he felt this way.

“Should we have a sleepover party?” he asked Jaemin, the male widening his eyes at his friend. “At the roof top. We used to do that all the time.”

“If you want to, my little Shoulder Gangster.” Jaemin winked at Renjun, a hand going to ruffle his hair. “Then I shall grab the mattress, and pillows, and blankets and shower and maybe bring a speaker so we can listen to some music and watch the stars!”

Jaemin twirled around happily at the idea and rushed out of the room and it didn’t take long before they had dragged everything up to the rooftop and laid down an assortment of snacks and lemon tea. The two men sat on the mattress, the cold Seoul breeze giving them a feeling of nostalgia.

Renjun shifted under the blanket and he beamed at the glittery stars in the sky when he looked to the side to see Jaemin doing the same thing he was doing.

“Remember when I first met you, Nana?” Renjun asked and Jaemin nodded, Jaemin turning to smile at him. “Remember what I was wearing?”

“A red shirt, thick glasses, and the eyes of a lost soul,” Jaemin replied, the smile staying in place. “You remember what I was wearing?”

“A crazy smile and your sanity on your sleeve,” Renjun answered and Jaemin laughed. “You remember the days when we would sit under the bridge so hungry and we wouldn’t have anything to eat? You would always go and bring some food back and it would always be bread—”

“To be fair, you didn’t want to do the stealing. A loaf of bread was definitely easier to divide,” Jaemin pointed out when he sighed. “Remember when I tried to get you converted to a Christian?”

Renjun hummed, nodding. “I remember you trying to bring me to church to pray every Sunday and there was that one time, they wanted to baptize me.”

“Right, you little menace!” Jaemin pushed him. “I can’t believe you decided to put a black bath bomb in your pocket so when they dunked you in water, the water turned black and bubbled—they thought you were evil!”

Renjun laughed, his laugh loud and hearty as they reminisced. Thinking about it, Jaemin hadn’t been trying to push his religion on him anymore and Renjun frowned at the thought, deciding to ask Jaemin.

“Well, I’m beginning to realize that you will never believe in a god,” he told Renjun. “I’m still trying on Jeno, though.”

At the mention of Jeno, Renjun frowned, focusing on Jaemin’s features. Jaemin gave another yawn, blinking and Renjun found himself thinking that the only time Jaemin was ever this sane was when he was sleepy and he was tired. His duality was no joke.

“Nana, you still remember our promise, right?” he asked and Jaemin nodded. “You remember the white picket fence and nine cats?”

“Of course, I do, Renjunnie,” Jaemin answered, patting his cheek.

“And you also remember that we’ll have a garden and go for grocery shopping every Saturday?” Renjun pressed and Jaemin nodded once more. Jaemin didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter