dealing w/ a seasonie 101

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up from the sunlight that was on my face and I groaned, turning to the side, my hands searching the bed for Johnny’s body. What happened last night? My fingers were greeted by an empty space that made my eyes fly open. I looked around, the empty lighthouse making my heart pound it my ears.

“JOHNNY!” I burst out into screams. “Johnny!”

I stood up from the bed, stumbling through the lighthouse to find him. Where was he? I told him not to leave me!

“Johnny! Johnny!” I yelled out, asking for him when I checked the bathroom. He wasn’t there. Where was he? “Johnny!”

My chest heaved, tears forming as I panicked. I rushed up to the second floor in case he was there, my hand going to pound against the only room that the second floor had when the door was flung open and Johnny grabbed me by the shoulders, bringing me to his chest while I sobbed.

“Johnny,” I managed to say, Johnny trying to calm me down. “I told you not to leave me!”

“I’m sorry, I was just—” Johnny paused. “Busy.” A hand went up to rub against my cheek but my attention was now towards the room behind him. I reached out impulsively to push him away, Johnny stepping aside without a fight.

“What’s here?” I asked, Johnny not replying. He looked worried and I stepped into the room just to see that it was a single room with one window. Pictures were plastered all over the walls. Pictures of people, their faces. From NCT127 to GOT7 to Blackpink. They were all labeled, a group named EXO and Super Junior on one side.

“Johnny. What’s this?” I asked, Johnny chewing on his bottom lip. A part of me always knew, but this was just confirmation. “You can’t recognize faces, can you?”

“Prosopagnosia.”

I moved around the room, seeing names under the faces. I could see my photo among theirs, my name freshly scribbled on. Under my name was my weight and height. I looked at Johnny who just stood there.

“Were you born with it?”

“No.”

A forger who couldn’t recognize faces. This must have something to do with Jeffrey always trying to dunk him in water. Water therapy for the mind. No wonder Jeffrey thought he could be cured—he wasn’t born with it.

“Since when?”

“When I was 8,” Johnny replied. “The reason why I left SM America and moved to SM Asia.”

“What happened?” I asked, running a finger down the photo of Na Jaemin that also looked like it was put very recently. “What were you running away from?”

“My father,” Johnny said and I turned to see him stand there, deep in thought. “It would mean a lot if no one finds out, Dana. It’s a weakness.”

“Not one to display your inabilities out there, Johnny,” I told him and he nodded. I was curious and I wanted to know what his father did to him but I didn’t know if it was my place to ask. His eyes settled on my face and I wondered what he saw when he spoke.

“My father worked in SM America so I grew up there. He was the one who invented the Neuralyzer.”

“The one that makes you forget faces?” I asked, my heart dropping at what I may hear. Johnny nodded.

“He used it on me more than a couple of times to see if it worked,” Johnny added and my jaw dropped open. His father was sick to do that to him! I exhaled, Johnny giving me a small smile. “Now that we got that out of the way, get ready. You have classes today, Dana.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I am not going to go to class if you’re not going to be there!” I stomped my foot on the ground as Johnny rubbed my hair with the towel a little bit too aggressively. “You said you won’t leave me, Johnny! You said—”

“I know what I said, Dana. But I have a meeting to attend to. You can’t just tell me not to go.”

“I can.”

“No, you can’t,” he concluded, turning me towards him as he dried my hair. “Besides, it’s going to be an hour.”

“That’s too long,” I snapped. “Why do you say things if you’re not going to keep to it? Why would you say that you want—”

“Dana. It’s an hour. I can’t bring you with me. I promise that I would if I could,” Johnny said, going to hang up the towel to the side and I followed him instinctively. “Besides, you have a test today. Just to jump start everyone’s brain from the mission. You may be active agents but all of you are still students.”

“Johnny! I will die—”

“How about I stay on facetime with you?” Johnny asked, grabbing a big jacket from the closet and spraying it with his perfume before he threw it to me. I caught it. He took the jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders as I glared at him. “There. And you can smell me too. See? Three senses. You’ll see my face, you’ll smell me, and sometimes you’ll be able to hear me.”

Well, that didn’t sound very bad.

I huffed, Johnny pushing me out the door. I felt my teeth grinding, Johnny pushing me into the car before he went to the driver’s seat. He offered me his hand and I glared at him, grabbing his fingers and squeezing.

“Meeting and then you’ll come back to me,” I said.

“I will come back to you,” He reassured. “Here, connect the phones.”

He gave me his phone and I pressed down on the screen so he was face timing my phone. I put it on video call and once we reached the school building, Johnny brought me to class. I was still grumpy and Johnny held the phone in his hand while I held mine.

“Go in. Go to class,” Johnny told me and I glared at him, refusing to let go of his hand. “Oh Dana. I said I’ll be back soon.”

“Dana!” A voice from behind me greeted and I turned to see Jeno with his hands in the air. With the sight of his palms, I tilted my head at him when he rapidly drew out flowers from his backpack. “Look, flowers!”

“Flowers!” I exclaimed and right at that moment, I felt Johnny shake my hand away from him. The male bolted down the hallway and I turned to run after him when Jeno grabbed my wrist. “Johnny! Johnny! Goddamnit, Johnny!”

I looked down at the screen of my phone to see Johnny’s phone shaking. I could hear him breathing heavily from the running and I stared at the screen, Jeno coming to tighten Johnny’s jacket around my shoulders.

“If you feel like you need him, just smell the jacket,” Jeno said and I looked up at him, surprised. The male shrugged. “It works with Jaemin. That’s why I gave him my shirt after that mental breakdown he had last time.”

I brought the jacket to my nose and sniffed, seeing Johnny’s face on the camera at a lower angle. Jeno led me into class and I sat down, not being able to tear my eyes away from Johnny’s face. He was beginning to sweat and I saw him sit down, saying something to someone.

“Johnny. Johnny! I can’t hear you. It’s two senses left!” I told Johnny who looked at me, lifting a finger to his lips. “What do you mean, quiet? Johnny, you said I would be able to hear you!”

I saw Johnny tap the screen. “Dana, I’m in a meeting.”

“Yeah, but—”

Johnny panned the camera and I saw Kyungsoo sitting there, smiling at me.

“Hi, Dana.”

“Hi, D.O,” I said, waving. “When you’re done, return Johnny back to me asap, please.”

“Of course, Dana. He’ll be with you in no time,” Kyungsoo said and I heard Jaehyun’s voice in the background.

“Jeffrey is there but I can’t be there?” I asked, frowning at them when Johnny muted me. I glared at the screen, Jeno tapping his pencil on the desk before he nudged me. “What do you want, Jeno?”

“Dana, look. Candy,” Jeno said. My attention was on the candy and I swallowed. “I’ll give it to you if you calm down.”

“But I want it,” I told him, a hand going forward to snatch the candy but Jeno held it away. “Give it to me, Jeno.”

“Sit down, Dana,” Jeno said and I had forgotten about Johnny in the meeting. “If you sit down, I’ll give it to you.”

“How many seconds?”

“One minute,” he told me and I couldn’t take my eyes off the candy, Jeno slowly sliding me the candy after one minute. I put it in my mouth, humming to myself when I saw Jeno pat himself on the back, smiling to himself.

“I’m experienced, Dana. I really should write a book. Book One, what to do when a Seasonie falls in love with you. Book Two, how to deal with them—”

“Book Three, what to do when you fall in love with one,” I said and Jeno’s eyes widened. The assassin shook his head. “No? Okay. Give me another candy.”

“You already had one.”

“I want another one. Lee Jeno, if you don’t give it to me, I’ll find a way to make you give it to me.”

Jeno’s froze, a hand going to get another candy and sliding it to me. “You reminded me of Jaemin just now. I’m getting flashbacks.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back in the suspension room

Jaemin had just woken up, his beady eyes running over the frustratingly empty white walls. No, he would lose it if he stayed here any longer. He knew he would! Jaemin hopped off the bed, his mind trying to find ways to leave the suspension room. Renjun was still sleeping, the male had asked for earplugs the day before.

Jaemin looked up. Vents. Yes, yes. That would be the only way out, would it? Jaemin was not in love with an assassin for no reason! He had to do something! They had an item a day and Jaemin pounded on the door, calling the guards that guarded the front of the room.

It took them less than 30 seconds for them to arrive, asking him what he needed for the day.

“As you know, I’m a very religious man,” Jaemin started. “and today I woke up and thought to myself… what do I do to make sure god knows I love him? Especially when I’m in suspension? So, my good sir, I have decided to make this time a little bit more productive and get some spiritual healing.”

“Please tell us what your item is for the day.”

“I need the Biblical Canon! I need all the versions, each and every one of them! 24 books! The Roman Catholic version, Angelican, Lutheran, The Greek Orthodox—”

“Alright, alright,” the guard said, cutting him off. “The guy wants some bible!”

“Not just any bible! The Biblical Orthodox. Write it down, you beefy man. B-I-B-L-I-C-A-L, Biblical…”

As Jaemin droned on, the guard sighed. Now, where would they find a “Biblical Orthodox”? But SM worked fast and before he knew it, they were carrying 24 thick bibles into the Na Jaemin’s suspension room. The guard hoped that Jaemin would finally stop all the screaming he had been doing all throughout the day before. He put the books down, Jaemin beaming at him.

It was time to rest, the guard thought.

But the moment he walked out of the room; Na Jaemin began to stack up all the books. Oh, he couldn’t wait to get out of suspension! The things he could do! All he wanted was to see Jeno. He was deprived, and a deprived Na Jaemin was not a good thing to be.

Jaemin struggled, carrying each and every volume as close to the opening of the vent as possible. He had seen them do it before, he could do it too! While he stacked them up, Jaemin tried to hop on top of the books and found that they were quite stable.

“What in the world are you doing?” Renjun asked. The smaller male had just woken up. He yawned, seeing the sight of Jaemin balancing himself on holy bibles. “Jaemin, those are bibles. That is not very nice. You’re stepping on them.”

“It’s for Jeno, Renjun. It’s for Jeno! God will understand!” Jaemin said to Renjun who rolled his eyes and fell back down onto the bed. “I am going out of here! I am going to be free!”

Renjun watched as Jaemin managed to heave himself up into the vents, his pink hair disappearing before he stuck his head out.

“Where do you think you’re going anyway?” Renjun asked, Jaemin’s voice muffled as he tried put himself in a crawling position. “They’ll catch you again.”

“I’m going to the highway to heaven, Renjun! Highway to heaven!” Jaemin exclaimed from the vents before he stopped.  “Don’t worry, Renjun! I’ll come back for you; I promise!”

“Don’t.”

Renjun watched Jaemin accidentally hit his head, crawling away. He pursed his lips, waiting for a good two minutes before he stood up from the bed. He walked over to the door, slamming his fists against it when a guard came running over.

“He’s gone,” Renjun said, pointing up to the ceiling. “I wanted to tell you sooner, but I wanted to give him a head start.”

And that was when the alarm blared and everyone began to shout out orders.

“HE’S GONE! HE ESCAPED!”

And with that, Renjun put his earplugs back on and went back to sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile in the meeting room with Jeffrey, Kyungsoo, Doctor Zhang and Johnny

Kyungsoo tapped his foot, his gaze on the files as Jaehyun, Johnny, and Doctor Zhang sat in front of him. From time to time, he would hear Dana demanding Johnny to say something and Johnny would patiently reply. Suddenly there was an alarm and Johnny jolted up in his seat.

“What happened?”

“Seems like Na Jaemin has escaped suspension,” Kyungsoo mused, glancing at the iPad that showed Jaemin rushing out of the suspension building like a wild animal. “How are the tests on Dana, Jeffrey? Is there a reason why her body can handle the Marvel-U drug even though she doesn’t have any in her system? The girl should be dead by now.”

There was also a reason why Jaehyun looked worried.

“What are you keeping from me, Jaehyun?” Kyungsoo asked. He could read people well enough and Jaehyun’s darting gaze and his dilated pupils said enough. “This stays between us.”

“Please don’t convict my parents,” Jaehyun said. “Then again there is no evidence and even if you do, it’s past the statute of limitations.”

What was he talking about?

Jaehyun took in a sharp inhale before he exhaled. “Dana… Dana was injected with the Marvel drug when she was a baby. Oh Sungjin and Oh Jinah were very close to my parents. But when Dana was born, a part of her brain wasn’t working. They needed to jumpstart it. I don’t know the details but my parents told me that they injected a very tiny amount of the Marvel drug into Dana—illegally, under the Oh’s request.”

Kyungsoo blinked. The Jung’s were very famous Medics and they were notable alumni. However, Kyungsoo wasn’t a stranger to their antics. The Jung’s have always been famous for doing what they wanted to do to save their patients despite it being against the law. Jaehyun seemed to be following in their footsteps. Kyungsoo could see that he was the type to put his loyalty above everything else.

“So, Dana already had a small amount of the Marvel drug in her body. I think that that was why when she was kidnapped and by kidnapped, I mean… Taken from her bed at night, her brain began to think that it was in danger everywhere. So, it decided to have a defense mode. The warrior gene is being held accountable for her behavior. Dana is impulsive, demanding, and aggressive. But how her body responds to certain things is because of the Marvel drug.” Jaehyun bit down on his lower lip. “But now that she has the Marvel Upgrade in her system, I’m not sure what is going to become of her.”

“Thank you for telling me, Jaehyun.”

“The Marvel-U drug is simply a Marvel drug with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter