D.A.N.A

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think we lost track of time because we decided to continue on our contraption. I also think that Moon Tae-il was the one enjoying it much more than we were and even if he came to supervise us, he was the one giving us very dangerous ideas on how to make the contraption. He and Haechan sat there discussing on how to create a spark in order to start a small fire in front of the lighthouse. We were almost done and all we had to do was to connect the net of balloons to the inside of the house.

Jaemin and Renjun were massaging their jaws because they had filled the balloons with air. Renjun had also made the banner and it was beautiful, Mark trying to stick it to the wall when the door opened and Johnny stood there, eyeing all of us.

We froze.

“Alright, get out. All of you,” Johnny said and everyone gave out an “Awwww.”.

“Fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes, Johnny! We need to show you the contraption! We’re almost done!” Mark said and Johnny sighed.

“Fine. I need to shower anyway. I smell like gun powder and… death.” He grabbed a towel before turning to wag his finger at us. “But once I’m out, I want each and every one of you gone. Understand?”

“Yes,” they all said and Johnny grabbed a change of clothes before he shut the door.

“Fast, fast, fast.” I found myself saying. “Renjun, help Mark put up the banner.”

“We need to connect the spring to the bell,” Haechan said, all of moving around so we could complete what we were working on so we could show Johnny our masterpiece. Jisung was already done with what we were doing and he adjusted the dominoes on the floor. Jaemin stood outside, putting the balloons into the net before tying it loosely so it could get let out easily.

We sat there, waiting for Johnny when I heard the water stop running and Johnny opened the door.

“Now!” Tae-il said and we pulled the string, the dominoes toppling all over the floor before hitting a bell that slid across the room, the banner opening up when it stopped there, a nail shooting out from one of Mark’s devices to a small bottle of water filled by the door. Johnny blinked and—

Silence.

“I thought it was supposed to explode?” Mark whispered loudly.

Bang!

And the bottle exploded.

“Welcome home, Johnny,” We all said and Johnny raised an eyebrow.

I heard a rustle and gasped, rushing to grab Johnny’s hand to pull him outside. The balloons! I pushed him out the door and all of them followed us just in time to see the net release the balloons into the air. The fact that they were glitter made them so much prettier, except that they weren’t filled with helium but with normal air. So, the balloons danced around the lighthouse instead of up into the air and Jaemin giggled at the sight. I saw him reach out to hug Renjun and Jeno, his face lighting up at the sight.

It was beautiful and it was warm.

I sighed as the balloons flew away and slowly our magic was broken when Johnny looked at us.

“Alright, now. It’s over. Time to leave,” he told them and Mark pouted.

“Fifteen more minutes!” he said, turning to look at Haechan. “Haechan! Do the thing, do the thing!”

Haechan’s eyes turned evil and he took a step towards Johnny doing the one thing I guess Johnny hated.

“Johnny hyungggg!” His voice became four octaves higher and Johnny took a step back. “Fifteen more minutes, juseyo!”

Johnny looked like he was about to puke, the guy turning away from Haechan.

“Fifteen more minutes. You have to bring Jaemin, Renjun, and Chenle back to suspension, Jeno.”

“Right,” Jeno said. “I forgot.”

“Fifteen minutes, kids! Make it count!” Tae-il said and we all ran into the lighthouse. The fifteen minutes were of us sitting down and playing around. We laughed and we talked while Johnny told us to clean up the remaining pieces of the contraption.

It didn’t take long when Johnny said it was time to leave.

“What is that rectangular thing on the wall, by the way? Who drew that?” Johnny asked and Jisung raised his hand.

“I want to hang my guns there! I marked it so no one would take my spot—”

“Excuse me?” Johnny asked and Haechan nodded, pointing to the rectangle drawn above the bed.

“I’m calling dibs on that spot,” Haechan said. “I have this artwork I painted in art class. You remember that, Johnny?”

“Yes, I remember. But what does that have to do with—”

“I’m taking that corner. I already ordered a new gaming chair. It’ll come tomorrow. It’s speed delivery. Also, you’re very welcome, Johnny.”

“Welcome for what?”

“For the wifi,” Chenle said, moving out of the door. “If I’m going to come here every day, I need good wifi!”

“Everyday?” Johnny asked.

He looked horrified.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Aren’t you going to shower?” Johnny asked and I nodded, hopping off the bed.

“I had so much fun today, Johnny. I can’t stop smiling,” I told him, running to the bathroom.

“Do you need me to stand by the door?” Johnny asked but I shook my head. I was still buzzing from the fun from the whole day that all I had to do was replay the memories in my mind and I felt at ease. I showered and finally wrapped my wet hair up before I went out to see Johnny on the bed.

“And I’m so proud of you, Johnny. You were pretty cool today,” I told him honestly, Johnny giving me a smile. I grabbed my phone and grabbed the hairdryer, drying my hair as I continued to talk. “And I like Tae-il so much. He’s so cool. I think he’s cooler than you.”

I heard Johnny chuckle and I stared at my phone. It felt good to have friends. I pressed onto the screen before deciding to create a group. I went into the SM chat application before proceeding to make one.

Oh Dana created a group ‘NCT Dream’.

Oh Dana added ‘Haechan, Mark Lee, Chenle, Jisung, Jeno, Renjun, Jaemin’ into the group

Haechan: Nice! I’m adding Tae-il!

Haechan added Moon Tae-il into the group.

Oh Dana: Thank you for today, guys. I really enjoyed my time with all of you.

Moon Tae-il: Me too.

Oh Dana: What are you guys doing?

Park Jisung: i’m cleaning my guns. i cant wait to hang it up on the walls, noona!!

Haechan: Same… I’m wrapping my paintings. They will look so good on your wall.

Oh Dana: “They”?

Haechan: Yes, “They”.

Jeno: asadfgp[kop NOICE! FANtasTic!!!

Mark Lee: Who kidnapped Jeno?

Jeno: Sorry, that was Jaeminzxrtl

Jeno: Jaemin*… He and Renjun don’t have their phones until tomorrow.

Jisung: the food in suspension isn’t that bad

Jisung: last time i got into suspension for pulling a jisung they even gave me strawberry ice cream!!!!

Jeno:

I laughed at the meme, standing up to go to the bed. I moved and lay my head on Johnny’s stomach, the male on his iPad. He saw me typing, asking me what I was doing.

“I created a group for those who came today,” I said to him and Johnny raised an eyebrow. “Look.”

Johnny leaned forward to look at the group. “Why is Moon Tae-il in there and I’m not?”

“Because he’s cool,” I told him and Johnny glowered at me.

“But it’s my lighthouse.”

For a moment there, Johnny sounded jealous that he wasn’t part of it and I blinked at him. Johnny didn’t say anything, his eyes going back to the iPad silently while I chewed on my lower lip before I went to my phone.

Jeno: …. It’s the government! All of them are krakens! They take and they take and they take!

Haechan: Is this Jeno or Jaemin?

Jeno: WHAT DO YOU THINK MISTER??

Mark Lee: Definitely Jaemin.

Moon Tae-il: LOL. Funny.

Oh Dana added ‘Johnny Suh’ into the group.

Mark Lee: Why, Dana… WHY?

Haechan: h i d e

Johnny Suh changed the group name to ‘NCT Nightmare’

Johnny Suh: Time to head to bed, kids.

Haechan: Okay, Johnny. See you tomorrow.

Johnny Suh: No.

Haechan: Okay.

Jeno: sweet DrEAMS TALL BOI az]-gp

Jeno: Hi guys. It’s Renjun. Jeno is dead. Jaemin attacked him because it’s time for bed.

Jeno: See all of you tomorrow. Goodnight, peasants.

Jeno: Except you, Johnny.

I closed the screen of my phone and beamed at Johnny who also put down his phone. He smiled at me and for a moment it was just us smiling to each other when he reached to the side to put off the lamp. I told him again how happy I was and he nodded, telling me that he was happy that I was.

“Are you mad?” I asked and he shook his head. But he didn’t say anything after that and I decided that it was best not to pry. If he said he wasn’t mad, then he wasn’t. “Goodnight, Johnny. Thank you for the amazing day.”

“Goodnight, Dana.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Second floor]

I woke up the next day to see that Johnny was already awake, shirtless and moving around the lighthouse. I sat up, rubbing my forehead when I heard him say my name. My vision was still blurry but when it focused, I saw that the TV was gone and so was the couch. Johnny had replaced it with a bigger couch and I saw that the space was wider.

“Johnny?” I asked and he threw a towel over his shoulder. “What’s going on?”

“Wake up, I have something to show you,” he told me and I got off the bed sleepily. “Come.”

“Where?”

“Let me show you,” was all Johnny said before he began to lead me up to the second floor.

“Why are we going to the Vision Room?” I found myself asking when Johnny pushed open the door on the second floor. Inside, I saw a bed and a couch, and the TV from downstairs. I moved into the room before I froze. “It’s a bed. Are you making me sleep alone, Johnny? Is this punishment?”

“What? No!” Johnny said.

“Then why is there a bed here? And where did you put all your photos?”

“Third floor. It’s a small room with no windows. But it fits,” he said before he snuck a glance at me. “Do you like it?”

“I mean… yeah.” I frowned. I still had no idea why he had to bring a bed onto the second floor when we already had one on the first floor. “Is someone going to be staying over?”

“If you want them to,” Johnny replied and I froze, suddenly realizing what he was saying. “You keep saying that your friends coming over made you happy so I thought that we should sleep on the second floor and you can turn the first floor into a game room. I haven’t fixed the bathroom on this floor yet but I’ll get to it—”

My eyes widened and I attacked Johnny, jumping up to hug him tightly. Pressing my lips against his cheek, I squealed.

“I have to tell the others! Johnny, I’m so happy—Maybe we should order a billiard table for the first floor. All of them are going to be so happy… Jisung especially!” I exclaimed, Johnny laughing when I hopped off him. “I can’t wait to go to class!”

“Get ready then,” he said and I saw that he even brought the closet upstairs.

“I forgot,” I said, turning to him.

“Forgot what?”

“You! We have to go to class,” I said to him. But Johnny looked tired and he was beginning to have dark shadows under his eyes.

“I woke up early to move the things. How about we facetime instead? Are you okay with that?” he asked and I nodded slowly. “Okay. Should I drive you to class?”

I paused, shaking my head. No, he was tired. I didn’t want Johnny to drive me if he was tired.

“It’s okay, Johnny. Go to bed,” I told him, puckering my lips at him and he leaned down to press his lips against mine softly before I bounded down the stairs to take a bath on the first floor. After my showering and changing into my clothes, I ran up to tell Johnny that I was leaving but he was already dead asleep on the bed.

I leaned down to kiss him on the cheek, quickly connecting his phone with mine before grabbing the keys and running out of the lighthouse. I started the car and drove over to the classroom buildings, bounding happily towards the classrooms. When I reached the classroom, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter