safe space

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SM Agents, this is Ace. Listen to me carefully.” Sehun’s voice rang out in my ear. “Leader, I am not taking over your mission; I just need to make sure my sister, my girlfriend, and her brothers are safe.”

“GIRLFRIEND?!” I spat out, about to pounce but my brother didn’t seem bothered at my anger. “What do you mean—”

“Pink-haired guy, sitting over there. Make sure no one eats or drinks the food; the poison is not lethal. They just wanted it to be a distraction from the bomb but I defused it—”

“Where the are you?” I asked, seething but Sehun kept on talking.

“I have taken over the cameras, thanks to Crowd—”

“So, that is why you’ve been distracted!” Taeyong exclaimed, Sehun spitting out orders.

“He had changed into a white cartoon T-shirt. Jeno, you still have time. Corner him and grab him. Fullsun, status?”

“Right by the science building—”

“Take a left,” Sehun spoke with so much authority, no one second-guessed him.

I heard Taeyong mumble a ‘I thought you’re not taking over.’ in the background. At the same time, I saw Jaemin jump onto the table and began to tell people not to eat the food. He was wearing a lunch lady hair net over his bright pink hair, his hands on his hips before he glared at the students.

“Fullsun, Jeno. Allocate yourselves well. You want him alive when you take him in, he’s working for the syndicate and may hold useful information. Bring him to SM but do not kill him, do you understand?”

“Yes, Ace,” Jeno replied.

“Do not eat the food! I repeat, do not eat the food!” Jaemin screeched from behind me. “PUT THE BANANA DOWN, YOU DUMB BLONDE !”

“Jeffrey, go to the lunchroom and handle the guy who was poisoned. You can still save him.” Sehun instructed and I heard Jaehyun say a small “yes”. “Johnny, go to the lunchroom and take care of my sister. Mark and Osaka, you there?”

“Yes.”

“Yes.”

“The possibilities of ambulances coming is high so make sure the getaway car is an ambulance. Both of you. Bring the clean-up crew. WayV, roll call.”

“Kun.”

“Ten.”

“Donkey.”

The voices of WayV piped up and I heard a shuffle, Lucas’ voice adding to the rollcall.

“Lucas.”

“I want all of you to do a second sweep. Make sure there are no bombs around. Jeno, have you found the guy?”

“Trailing him,” Jeno replied when Haechan said that he saw him. “Haechan is closer.”

“I trust you guys in that. Now, Dana—”

“Do not say my name, you ing traitor.” I hissed but my brother spoke calmly.

“After this, go to Harin’s house. You’ll see what I have been researching on. I don’t have time and will be on the run. I cannot compromise your or Harin’s safety.” There was a pause. “There are a lot of things you do not know. Johnny—’

“Yes, Ace.” Johnny was already behind me, the male stopping by my back. “I’ll take care of her, don’t worry.”

“Thanks, man.”

“No worries, bro.”

“Jisung. You there?” Sehun asked suddenly and his voice became softer. Jisung mumbled something along the lines of ‘Over here, Hyung.’. “Jisung, remember your promise to hyung okay? You take care of your Dana noona. Take care of each other.”

I wanted to puke. Sehun never talked to me like that!

“Sehun, where are you going?” Harin’s voice shook and I saw her grab her brother’s hand, her eyes filling up with tears. “What are you going to do—”

“Harin, just stay safe.” And even then, Sehun’s voice turned into something I have never heard of before. “I love you.”

“WHAT?” I asked again, shooting up when Johnny placed a hand on my shoulder and pushed me down. He loves her? He loves her? What about me?

I suddenly heard a click and Crowd finally announced that Sehun was, indeed gone. I saw Harin burst into tears, Wooseung going to pat her on the back as Jaemin droned on in the background about how the lunch was expired and everyone will die if they ate the food.

“Okay, team. Do what Ace told you to,” Taeyong said but I wasn’t over the fact that Harin knew more than me.

This .

I glared at the female but she was too worried to even care when I saw Jaehyun run over, dropping down on the ground to check on the young man when Jeno’s voice came from the earpiece.

“I found him,” Jeno said. “Fullsun and I have him cornered.”

“Good,” Taeyong said. “Go closer and make sure he doesn’t get away.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jeno saw the man by the stairs, Haechan skidding to a stop as they both cornered him. Haechan and Jeno shared a moment when they looked into each other’s eyes, the man freezing on the spot. He had thick-rimmed glasses and could pass off as a student. He was a bit stout and his eyes darted around nervously when Haechan gave Jeno a sign.

“Now.” Haechan mouthed and with that, both of them jolted towards the male. Their target ducked, running up the stairs two at a time while Haechan and Jeno both followed him up. Jeno was fast, the assassin’s stamina better than the forger who was tired after a few floors.

Jeno reached out, his hand brushing frustratingly against the target's shirt when he saw that the man was heading over to the rooftop. He had no choice; he was cornered. Jeno looked back to see Haechan heaving, the forger struggling as he climbed up the stairs.

Jeno leaped up, pressing a hand against the earpiece when he heard Taeyong ask him what was happening.

“He’s leading us to the rooftop. Haechan will catch up later—”

“Careful, it might be a trap,” Taeyong replied but even that warning was not enough to stop Jeno from trailing him. They were in their final floor and Jeno burst through the door to see the man standing there, a button in his hand. He froze. “What’s wrong, Jeno?”

“He has a device. Could it be a bomb?” Jeno asked when Taeyong cleared his throat. Leader was trying to keep his calm when Haechan followed, the forger reaching the rooftop. He stood in front of the target with Jeno.

“Crowd, cameras on the rooftop. Zoom,” Taeyong said to Chenle who aggressively tapped on the keyboard. The camera zoomed in onto the device the man was holding and it was a device that Taeyong had seen before, but he wasn’t sure. He turned to see Kyungsoo behind him quietly.

“That’s not a bomb button. That’s a button for emergencies when an agent is compromised. It doesn’t have an SM logo— Jeno. What is he doing?” Kyungsoo had asked as Jeno tried to go closer but the man warned him.

“You don’t understand!” the man yelled out, “They have my family! I have no choice—” He choked, Jeno’s eyes widening when he saw the man’s tongue move. Jeno knew of that very well and it was very well known for agents to have cyanide in their teeth in case the mission was compromised.

If the man pushed the button, people from the syndicate would come and try to extract him.

If Jeno went closer, he could drive the man towards death.

Jeno didn’t move, still not knowing what to do when the man moved closer to the edge, knowing that there was no way out.

With that, he pressed the button.

“He informed the syndicate. You have to knock him out right now or they’ll come—”

“Leader, he has a cyanide pill in his mouth. If I go closer, he’ll die,” Jeno said, the tension rising when they heard a small sound. It sounded like a gun cocking backwards, Jisung’s voice speaking in the background.

“Should I go for head, shoulders, knees, or toes—No, toes are too far. Too small, I can’t see well,” Jisung mumbled and Jeno’s eyes widened.

What was Jisung doing with a gun?

“What? Jisung? Is that a gun? Who authorized you to bring a gun?” Taeyong panicked, Jisung oblivious to the rise of blood pressure he was bringing to his team. Jisung kept on talking to himself, focused on another building’s rooftop.

Jisung was supposed to scout out, not bring a gun to shoot.

But the kid was a shooter for a reason.

“I guess I’ll have to choose, eenie meenie miney mo! Knees it is,” Jisung said to himself, Taeyong yelling in the background.

“Jisung, don’t! Jisung—Don’t shoot! Jisung, put the gun— There might be a sound— WHO GAVE THE KID A GUN?!”

“Bang,” Jisung’s voice whispered, and right at that moment, a bullet shot at the man’s knee and Jeno took the opportunity to surge forward and grab him, shoving his hand into the man’s mouth to keep it from clamping over the pill.

The man gasped, Jeno wincing at the pain of the man’s teeth on his fingers. He could smell blood and saw that it had punctured his hand. The man fell to the side, knocked out from the shock of getting shot and they heard Jisung say a small “Yay!”.

“Taeyong hyung, don’t worry. I made sure it was a silent gun,” Jisung said almost innocently and Taeyong was about to yell at him for not following orders when they began to hear sirens. The man had pushed the button so the syndicate must have sent authorities to extract him under the pretense of them being police.

“Jeno, you have to go,” Haechan said. “You’re bare-faced.”

“What are we going to do? How do we bring him out without running into them?”

“Let me handle it,” Haechan replied, Jeno nodding. He trusted the forger and he quickly made his way out of the rooftop, Taeyong telling Cyborg to overwrite the cameras on the rooftop. Haechan ran to the man, his head trying to spin a believable tale to tell the police.

The thing was, he had no idea who was good or bad. The syndicate was spread everywhere. Haechan stood up, a hand grabbing his shirt and ripping it apart before a look of determination crossed through his face.

The forger went to the door, going between the door and the wall before he grabbed the handle of the door and began to slam it against his arm.

“Fullsun, what are you doing? Are you trying to hurt yourself?” Taeyong asked, Johnny replying to him for Haechan who was bruising himself from the impact.

“He’s making it believable,” Johnny said and everyone could hear a hint of pride in his voice as Haechan slammed the door on his arm one more time. It was swollen now and he winced, walking up to the man who was knocked out of the ground as police cars began to surround the school.

“The show begins,” Haechan said, grabbing the unresponsive body.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The moment ambulances came, I saw two familiar old people walk into the lunchroom. The old man was my driver and beside him was a woman, close of age. Harin looked up from her crying, the woman coming to see to tell her it was time to leave.

“Harin, let’s go. We need to you home.” Ahjumma had said and Ahjusshi told me the same thing. Johnny grabbed my elbow and I think he was taking his promise to my brother to take care of me a little bit too seriously. I grit my teeth, seeing Jaehyun finally retreat, a hand grabbing Jaemin who ducked behind the counter to remove his hairnet.

“Jeno, status?” Taeyong asked and we stepped out into the sunlight just to see a small figure jump down from a building at the side. It was Jisung and like a flash of lightning, the male removed his gear and tossed it to the side and now he looked like a normal kid with a backpack.

“Heading over to rendezvous point. Ambulances are here and the police are trying to get the man from before. Haechan is holding them off.”

“Pretty noona!” Jisung called to me and my eyes widened. If Jisung saw Harin, he’d think she was pretty! No, she can’t steal my thunder. She already stole my brother away from me. I stepped in front of Harin to shield her from Jisung’s vision when he stopped in front of me. “I want to see Sehun hyung’s girlfriend!”

“No. Ong Harin, cover your face,” I barked but then Jisung was fast to sidestep me when he came face to face with Harin.

“Oh, Cute Noona!” he complimented, “No wonder Sehun hyung likes you. Lisa noona was the cutest but now you are the cutest!”

Harin blinked at him, thanking him softly when I crossed my arms across my chest before asking Jisung pointedly if I was still the pretty one.

“Of course, Noona. Now I have to find a new Smart Noona,” Jisung said to himself. “I’m going to replace all of them!”

“Nice! I did that to Jeffrey too. I replaced him with Johnny,” I told Jisung, understanding the concept of him finding people to replace in his “Noona gang”. Johnny looked at me, dragging me past the fountain.

“I’m in an ambulance with the Clean Up Crew,” Mark said. “Yuta is in another ambulance.”

“Bring Dana and the Ong Siblings to their home. Johnny, stay with her. Chanyeol and security are on the way. WayV, if you’re done with the second sweep—abort everything and leave it up to the Cleanup Crew to settle everything,” Kyungsoo finally said and we walked past the building where the police cars had parked. I saw a student wailing, telling a story and I didn’t have to look to know it was Haechan.

“Oh, Mr. Bennette! He was our substitute teacher and oh my god! I—” Haechan covered his masked face with his hand to feign sadness.

“Sir, calm down and tell me what happened,” the police were saying and Haechan waved his hands dramatically in the air. “We received a tip and—”

“He’s a one-day substitute teacher and he tried to kill himself! Oh, Mr. Bennette! What makes you hate life so much?!” Haechan exclaimed. “Today, he taught about the eight stages of grief—Apparently, there are only seven and the eighth is…. DEATH!”

“Sir.”

“So, I followed him and wrestled him for the gun and he shot himself accidentally so I kicked the gun away!” Haechan elaborated. “This bruise! Look at it!”

“Cleanup Crew, remember to plant a gun in the university. Choose a place where it would land if it was kicked off that building,” Kyungsoo said and I could see Yangyang and Xiaojun get off an ambulance, Jeno and Jaemin with the rest of WayV going in discretely. They were all dressed as medics and then I saw Jaehyun walk up with a coat to Haechan and the policeman, standing beside the man on the stretcher.

“I’m sorry, but this man needs immediate help. I am under direct orders to bring him to the hospital.” Jaehyun could be heard saying, Johnny dragging me after him.

“Jeffrey, they might not give him up to you so try to insist. Fullsun, leave,” Taeyong ordered and Haechan beamed at the police, asking him if he needed any more information but to them; he was simply a student who was caught up in a day’s adventure. They waved him off, talking to Jaehyun.

“We’re going to be taking him on our ambulance which is coming,” one of them said simply and Jaehyun nodded, bringing out a card.

“Yes, I believe we are meant to take him to the same hospital.” Jaehyun showing the man a card and I wondered what it was.

“Sehun hyung gave me a D.O.G crest and I printed it on the card in case we ever needed to go head to head with a person from the syndicate,” Crowd said to Taeyong and the leader complimented him. I saw the man flicker his eyes over to the crowd before nodding.

It seemed like because no one knowing who is in the syndicate; even those in the syndicate itself, was very beneficial to us. It was hard to know who to trust and who to not.

“Seems like it, young man. Good to be working with you,” the police said and I knew that he wasn’t exactly the police. “We’ll be trailing you. Search him for any… faults and we shall meet each other in the hospital.”

“You know the drill,” Jaehyun replied, moving to push the stretcher away from him. “We’ll see you at the hospital.”

He began to push the man away, his voice dropping lower. Johnny pushed me into the car but I kept my eyes out the window to see Jaehyun finally put the man into the ambulance Yuta was driving.

“They’re going to trail the ambulance. Mark, Yuta—you know what to do,” Jaehyun said and this was the first time I’ve seen Jaehyun on the field. It was pretty impressive, if I said so myself.

“I’ll distract them,” Mark said.

“And I’ll lose them,” Yuta added. “Let’s go.”

our transportatoon hotties

[omgash fake JEFFreYY]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I can’t believe you lied to me!” I yelled at Harin who cowered against her brother. “You have a tutor? Really? I can’t—I cried to you about my brother!”

“No, you didn’t,” Harin mumbled, her eyes dropping to her lap.

“Dana,” Johnny warned. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter