wakey wakey

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N heads up! I know it's my science and I don't know if you understand or not but I tried okay. LOL

[Warehouse back in Peiyang]

Johnny and the rest had landed the helicopter in Peiyang and they did all they could to try to control the screaming Seasonies that were acting like they were in deep pain. They had prepared everything first hand and he watched as Haechan, Jungwoo, Mark, and Yuta ran out to meet them. The rest of NCT had just arrived and they were stricken at the sight, not knowing what had happened— Yuta’s eyes searched the people that arrived, Kun telling them that he’d go and pick up Winwin and Lucas from Linjin up since the seats in the helicopter weren’t enough for all of them. Johnny had to remind him to make sure he left them a phone and a signal generator so they could contact each other. 

He looked exhausted but Johnny knew Kun did what he had to do. It was Sehun who approached him first, the male frantically counting the people and telling them to put them in the warehouse. They followed Sehun’s orders easily enough, Sehun focusing on Johnny.

“Where is my sister?” he asked this simply, Johnny not knowing what to say at the fact that he had to handle both the stress of not being able to extract Dana and Sehun’s wrath as her older brother.

“She’s still there—”

“Are you ing serious?” Sehun asked, trying to understand and process what he just heard. “What—”

“Look, she refused to get on and she said she loved me and then walked back,” Johnny managed to say, Sehun pausing.

“I know it sounds like her but are you ing serious? I told you to go get her and she’s still there in a snake trap!”

“She’s there willingly,” Johnny said, Sehun’s hands going into fists. “I wanted to jump, she shook her head and said she loved me and walked back—”

“And she looked normal, too. Though I had to handle a Jaemin that wanted to strangle me,” Jeno said from behind Johnny. “It’s not the time we turn against each other. We have to trust Dana in this, she’s a smart and strong girl—”

“She’s my sister,” Sehun snapped, Jeno turning onto him to snap back.

“And she’s my friend. Emotions are not going to help us at the moment, Ace. We’re all in hot water,” Jeno said and Johnny saw how a normal patient Jeno was on edge this time and Johnny sighed, retreating back into the warehouse to see the Seasonies growling at the people who they used to love.

Sehun had to check on Jisung first, his younger brother fighting against the ropes with tears running down his cheeks. Johnny watched Sehun, the Ace moving to the younger male who began thrashing against the ropes that held him back.

“Jisung…”

“Don’t come close, Hyung. Don’t come close,” Jisung was half begging. “I’m scared… If you come close, I will kill you!”

“Jisung—”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jisung wailed and the sudden change of topic was enough to confuse Sehun. “Why didn’t you tell me, Hyung?”

“Jisung, tell you what—”

“That I’m your brother! I was waiting for you to tell me!” Jisung gritted his teeth, his eyes changing to a glare. “I’m not stupid, Hyung. Stop treating me like I am—”

“How did you know?”

“Chenle is my best friend!” Jisung replied, his hands fighting against the knots and it made Sehun uncomfortable to see Jisung like this, Sehun turning away. “I have to kill you for me to live. I have to!”

Sehun wanted to hug Jisung who was bound to the wall, but it was hard, knowing that his presence made Jisung into a monster. He rubbed his eyes, Johnny bringing his own attention to Jennie and Jisoo. Jennie seemed calmer but it may be because she had it done way longer than the recent processed Seasonies. Jisoo wanted to stay with Jennie, but the female hacker retreated back.

Johnny decided to check on Jaemin, the pink haired male sobbing.

Jaemin missed Jeno, so much. Oh, he wanted to hug him but he couldn’t. He knew if he did, he wouldn’t let go and it hurt him that the thought of killing Jeno had given him a certain sense of safety. Jeno and Renjun weren’t his safe spaces anymore and he was ripped away of the feeling of stability from these people.

“It’s all my fault,” Renjun was muttering. “It’s all my fault. I did this to them. I did this to them.”

Jeno could see how bad Renjun was feeling, the male putting an arm around Renjun’s shoulders to hug him. For the first time, Johnny saw Renjun press himself against Jeno’s side for comfort and Johnny sighed. Renjun was normally one to compartmentalize but he hated that he had everything to do with this.

The house was filled with wails, Xiaojun and Yangyang yelling at each other in rapid Chinese.

“Wei she me ni kan wo de mei mao?” Xiaojun was saying and Johnny, knowing only basic Chinese had no idea what that meant when Yangyang yelled back at Xiaojun.

“I will look at your eyebrows if I want to, Xiaojun! Come back!” Yangyang was saying when Johnny saw Doyoung and Taeyong standing by Sungchan and Shotaro. They seemed to be done with whatever was going on and Johnny saw how Sungchan and Shotaro were growling at each other.

“Why aren’t they attacking you both?” Johnny asked, Taeyong looking at the two younger males with concern.

“They are each other’s weaknesses,” Taeyong replied and Johnny nodded, rubbing his head when he saw that the one person who gave him hope had arrived. Doctor Zhang had made his way through the crowd of NCT to Johnny, the former forger raising an eyebrow.

“Yangyang called me over,” Doctor Zhang said. “Here for Xiaojun. I got the jist from Renjun, poor child.”

“Doctor, we need to do something,” Johnny said, seeing Jaehyun make his way towards them. “You and Jaehyun, both of you are doctors—”

“Child, do you know how many types of doctors there are?” Doctor Zhang said.

“We need to do something to cure them. We need to fix them,” Renjun muttered and Johnny saw him pacing back and forth, even Jeno giving up on trying to stop him from moving.

“I just arrived and I need to look at them but it’s more likely it’s not in my scope if she messed with the brain,” Doctor Zhang said. “I can try to figure something out but it’s not in the area of expertise. Jaehyun is also just a medic—If you give me a few months…”

“We don’t have a few months, Doctor,” Johnny snapped, trying hard to keep the annoyance out of his voice. “Have you contacted Xiaozhan, Luhan and One?”

“They are on their way. They were in another city and Xiaozhanis worried but he’ll be here in a few hours. He heard about Brunei.”

“Words travel fast.”

“As they should,” Doctor Zhang said. “I need to do some research and maybe… just maybe we can figure something out. But Johnny, you do know that there is only one person I can think of when it comes to things like this.”

Johnny froze, an unsettling feeling in his stomach when Doctor Zhang eyed him.

This was it.

A person from his past that he tried so hard to forget.

But he had no choice, didn’t he?

Johnny nodded, thanking Doctor Zhang for the idea when he decided to go and find Chenle, the male sitting in front of his laptop, his eyes brewing with tears. Johnny frowned when he saw Chenle sniff, wiping his eyes and when Johnny came closer, he saw that Chenle was staring at a slide show of pictures of him and Jisung.

“Are you… crying?” Johnny asked, Chenle looking offended at the question and asking back.

“How are you not?” Chenle asked, tearing up again. “My best friend is in danger. My… Dana is there. How are you not worried?”

But Johnny was worried and he was worried sick—but he knew that they needed his stability. He saw that Tae-il was studying him carefully and he gave the profiler a nod to show that he was okay, for now.

“I need help. I need to find someone in Canada,” he said to Chenle but the male seemed to be devastated and he saw Jisoo approach him.

“I’ll do it. What do you need, I’ll run it for you,” Jisoo said and Johnny almost forgot that she was BlackPink’s official hacker. “He’s emotional at the moment, we all are.”

“Canada?” Mark piped up, tilting his head. “Who are you finding? I might know someone who can help.”

“I need someone to find him first. I have no idea where he is. You know of a tracker in Canada?” Johnny asked, Mark smiling and saying that he had something better.

“I know former agents. I was in SM, Canada before I was in SM, US and then I came to SM, Asia remember?” Mark smiled and seemed happy he could be of help. “Who do you need to find?”

Johnny hesitated for a second, Jaehyun answering Mark’s question for him.

“His father,” Jaehyun said. “Doctor Jongho Suh.”

“Her name is Shon Seungwan,” Mark was saying, Jisoo’s fingers flying over the keyboard as Chenle sat there, bawling with a piece of bread while he forced himself to eat. “She might be registered as Wendy Shon—”

“Found her,” Jisoo said, giving the mouse a final click. “They are registered to a business called the Red Velvet in Toronto, Canada.”

“Oh, yes. That’s her. Their unit name used to be Red Velvet,” Mark said, his eyes on the screen. “What are they running now?”

“Seems to be a bakery,” Jisoo said. “I got her phone number, will you look at that? Should we give it a call?”

With a snap of her finger, Jaehyun placed his phone on the table and Jisoo thanked him.

“Just like that?” Johnny asked and Jisoo nodded at him.

“Yes, Johnny. That’s how technology works.” She chuckled. “Seems like Dana not being here had dumbed you down a little.”

“Of course,” Johnny said. “A man needs his wife.”

“As he should,” Jisoo agreed. They were always very polite to one another and Johnny respected Jisoo as a hacker but he knew a part of her resented him for what he did to Jennie. “We can just face time them, I saved the number.”

Mark rocked himself back and forth while he waited, his eyes sparkling and Johnny wondered why he was so excited. It rang and everyone began to gather around to listen to the conversation, a woman’s voice speaking, a face appearing right on time.

She looked sleepy and she rubbed her eyes, squinting at the camera when she saw Mark.

“Wendy? Wendy! Hey, it’s me! Mark Lee!” Mark said, and Wendy frowned.

“Mark? Mark Lee, what are you calling for?” she asked and everyone could tell she was still in bed.

“I needed to ask for a favor.” Mark lowered his voice. “It’s very important. Besides, it’s just to find someone—”

“I can’t just go on a mission, Mark. We have left that life. Besides, we run a bakery now, you know? I can’t do another one of your favors…. You didn’t even pay me back last time!”

“All I did was ask you to relay something to someone!” Mark whisper-yelled at Wendy who rolled her eyes, making everyone wonder what Mark asked for a favor prior to this one. Haechan raised an eyebrow at Mark who scratched his head.

“What did you ask for?”

“Uh…” Mark tinged pink. “When I was fourteen, I had my first love—Oh, Yeri….”

It was obvious Mark had a crush on the girl named Yeri, another face popping up on the screen. Haechan, seeing this, slapped Mark on the head.

“Get it together, Mark.”

“Uh… Right.” He cleared his throat. “So, I have a favor to ask. Johnny Suh is here—”

“Johnny Suh?” And just like that, Wendy’s voice changed. Yeri and Wendy shared a look. “Johnny Suh, former forger and now CEO of NCT Corporation?”

“Well, yes,” Mark said when Yeri covered the camera and they heard people whispering. There was a thud and they could hear rustling in the background, when they heard a soft “Wake her up!” and “No, you do it!” when the phone fell to the ground and a female voice could be heard talking.

“Did someone say Johnny Suh?”

This woman had a different demeanor than Wendy and Yeri, the camera focusing on her and Mark began bobbing his head at the phone.

“I-Irene—”

“Mark Lee. You say you’re with Johnny Suh?” Irene asked and Mark nodded, Johnny coming into view. “Ah, Johnny Suh. I’m Bae Joohyun, CEO of the Red Velvet Bakery. I see you have a favor to ask.”

“I want you to find my father for me.”

“Your father?” she asked. “Doctor Jongho Suh?”

With a nod, Irene smiled.

“We’ll do it for a price.”

“Name it.”

“Invest in us,” she said it so simply. “Red Velvet Bakery has so much potential, Mr. Suh. I see what you did with those Stray Kids boys, they now have a branch of restaurants and they got a five-star michellin rating in one year! One year! That’s almost impossible—”

“I’ll send a contract over. Just find my father for me.”

“I have your word?” Irene asked, raising an eyebrow and Johnny nodded.

“I’m a man of my word. I hear my father is in Canada. How many days will it take—”

Johnny was cut off, Irene on another phone with someone when she put it on speaker. It didn’t even take two seconds, a man’s voice speaking.

“I don’t want anymore cakes!” the man said and Johnny blinked, recognizing the voice. “And no more cupcakes too, Irene!”

“Oh, not at all. I’m here to tell you that your son tried to contact you—” Irene said when Johnny spoke.

“Wait, you’re telling me that you had my father’s number all along?” Johnny asked, bewildered.

“Oh, wait.” Mark clapped his hands. “I forgot to tell you that it’s Canada! We can find people’s numbers from the yellow pages!”

“Yellow pages?”

“The phone book!” Mark said happily and Johnny slumped back.

“And you had to tell me that AFTER I had to promise an investment?”

“For good cause, Johnny. I mean, we have Justin Trudeau’s phone number too, if you want it. Justin Bieber, Drake…” Irene began listing names and Johnny held up one hand. “But you promised, didn’t you?”

“As much as I hate that I did, yes. I did promise,” Johnny replied. “What are you guys, anyway?”

“Bae Joohyun, head baker.”

“I’m Park Sooyoung, sous baker.”

“I’m Kang Seulgi, head decorator.”

“I’m Yeri, cashier.”

“Shon Seungwan, delivery.”

Johnny scoffed, eyeing them before asking once more. “Now, what exactly are you?”

“Irene, Strategist.”

“Joy, Hacker.”

“Bear, Assassin.”

“Squirtle, forger.”

“And Wendy, transportation. That’s why I know Mark.”

“Yeah, she’s very fast,” Mark said and Johnny glared at the male, Mark looking down, knowing he ed up.

“Irene? Irene? Are you sending cakes again?” Doctor Jongho asked from the phone Irene was holding and Johnny almost forgot that his father was on the phone. “Who did you say needed me?”

“Your son.”

“I have no son,” Doctor Jongho said before pausing. “Wait, I may have one. You mean, John?”

“Hi, Dad,” Johnny said and Doctor Jongho gave out a dry laugh, greeting Johnny.

“John! What a surprise! You miss your old man?”

“No,” Johnny replied.

“Oh, be nice to your old man, John. What do you need me for? Cut to the chase—chop, chop!”

“I need your help. We’re in a situation where we need a specialized doctor,” Johnny began but Doctor Jongho cut him off.

“I’m retired, John.”

“From being a parent, you mean?” Johnny quipped. “Or are you hoping that I do not call you ‘Dad’ anymore?”

“Oh, son. You’re my offspring, of course you’d call me ‘Dad’!” Doctor Jongho chortled. “Well, if you say so. But don’t be salty, John. It’s not good for the head!”

“We’ll transport him over,” Irene said and everyone found it weird how cheerful Doctor Jongho was. Jaehyun thought that he would be cold, but it seemed that it was only Johnny who didn’t like his father. Doctor Jongho chuckled and Johnny nodded. 

“I’ll let my secretary prepare the contracts—” He looked over to Jeno who was still occupied with Jaemin and Renjun. “I mean, I’ll let my Financial Manager handle it.”

He looked over at Doyoung who was already on the phone.

“I can’t believe I have to handle business, a bunch of screaming Seasonies and my father at the same time,” Johnny said to himself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wakey Wakey.

Wake up, Dana.

You have to wake up.

DANA!

My eyes flew open at the sound in my head and I shot up, looking around. I must have passed out for god knows how long and I saw that I was in a bed room. I looked around to see photos of Renjun and frowned, wondering why I was in Renjun’s old room when my brain spoke.

I think she thinks you deserve something better than the other guards. She believes you are different.

Stop talking to me at the moment, I don’t want to freak myself out.

I’m the only thing that is keeping you sane, Dana. If I stop talking, you’ll realize that you’re on your own. You feel less alone now, don’t you?

If you say so.

Did you like the dream, Dana?

Uh….

Oh, right. You wouldn’t remember. Then again, it’s best you not remember. Don’t want your emotions to come into play.

Why did you wake me up?

The guards are going to train. You need to train. You have to gain her trust and bring her down, Dana. We’re not here to play. We have a world to save.

Why am I here again?

And the moment I thought that, my head flashed with scenarios of the world breaking down into shambles. I groaned, grabbing my head and trying to dispel the thoughts but my brain had other ideas for me.

Enough!

My bad, Dana. By the way, I recorded something last night while you were asleep.

You’re saying I was sleeping but you weren’t so I wasn’t actually asleep?

Well, that’s true. But don’t think about it. You feel tired, don’t you? The brain is an amazing thing, Dana. it absorbs things all the time and that’s what I do. Your body though, needs rest. It can but not me.

But I’m you.

And you are me. Now, when you were sleeping last night, I heard sounds. Let’s listen, Dana.

And with that sounds began to fill my head and I gasped when I began to remember hearing it. It was Mingyu’s voice, yelling for them to stop while they dragged him away. Doctor Huang was cackling and I tightened my fist.

They got to Mingyu?

Yes, he’s one of them now.

Never do that again, my head hurts.

Sorry, Dana. We are one system, Dana. And—Oh, look. It’s the witch.

I’m glad to know we both hate her.

That’s right, on Wednesdays, we wear pink!

Not the time, brain.

But it’s your favorite movie.

No, it’s Happy Feet.

Stop lying to yourself, Dana. You wanted to be Regina George.

this .

And just as I said it, the door flung open and Doctor Huang stood there. My brain told me to be robotic and I followed its command, Doctor Huang asking me a question when my brain spoke.

Answer the question, but try not to be conversational. She has to know you’re different, but in a good way.

“Good.”

“The shocks would have settled by now,” Doctor Huang said, studying me. “How compliant are you?”

Don’t answer, just blink.

I blinked.

“Why aren’t you answering, child?” Doctor Huang asked before smiling. “Coffee or Tea?”

Ask her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter