nct nightmare!

It’s Okay To Be Killers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N I am very scared of this chapter because so many things are happening all at once because of the scale of the mission:

 so be nice to me!

[Starting point]

The island was close to land and there was a strip of land connecting the island to the mainland. People knew of its existence and there were many locals who had landed low-paying jobs within the island but they weren’t allowed to stay past sunset. They believed it to be a Plant, which wasn’t very far off.

Doyoung was driving an ambulance with Jinyoung in front. Johnny, Haechan, Jungwoo were with me. We were the last to arrive and I heard static in my ear, Taeyong finally speaking up.

“Everyone at their starting point?” Taeyong asked, Kun speaking to Ten and Hendery who did a quick roll call.

“Yes, we’re entering the inner wall,” Doyoung replied and he expertly drove the car past the guards. He shoved them the fake ID card Chenle had made and we went in without a problem. “We passed security.”

“Jeno and Jisung?”

“Rotating, Leader.”

“Donkey and Ten, you done bugging the place?” Kun asked, both of them saying that they were finished. They were in one of the locked exits waiting on standby if we needed them. “Good.”

“Jin, Jungkook. How about you?” Suga’s voice floated by and I heard Jin tell him that he was in position on the outer wall. Jungkook said he was in position and before we knew it, Doyoung had parked the car and people came up to us to inspect us.

My hand instinctively went up to my neck to touch my chains that were a necklace, hidden under my caretaker outfit. The guard shone the light towards us and we were told to step down from the vehicle. Jaemin was also wearing a caretaker’s outfit, all of us getting off the ambulance before we were searched thoroughly. When they were done, I slipped back in to get the replicate and hid it under my outfit. 

“Clear,” they yelled, Johnny taking out a wheelchair for Haechan to sit on.

Haechan coughed, his lips white from the powder that we had aggressively patted onto his face. He looked weak, Haechan heaving himself onto the wheelchair, gasping for breath while he played his part. Jungwoo patted Haechan on the back and he looked genuinely concerned, the male wearing a simple cartoon T-shirt and pants.

“Go with the flow,” Taeyong said into my ear and we all followed Johnny, Haechan, and Jungwoo. “Dana, slip away when you have time. Jaemin is already in place.”

Johnny gave me a look, all of them bringing Haechan into the building. The air smelled of metal and when I walked into the building, I saw that there were many other patients inside the building. There were so many labs and right when they were distracted, I took a left.

“Vents, Dana,” Kun told me but I already had made my way up to the vents, trying to make as little noise as possible. I crawled through the small space, wondering how Ten and Hendery did it all the time. It was uncomfortable and dusty. I could see Johnny and Haechan through the cracks while Johnny engaged in a conversation with one of the lab workers in English.

“This is Mr. Lee Donghyuk. He has terminal skin cancer,” Johnny was saying. “I’m his caretaker and we flew from Seoul. This is his family's last hope.”

“Of course, sir. We’ll take care of him. But the brother will have to stay in the waiting room,” the worker said, Jungwoo nodding. “The waiting room is right next to the experiment room. So, follow me, please.”

“Yes. Of course,” Johnny replied and I crawled through the vents, slowly following Johnny and Haechan in sight before they were led into an experimenting room.

“Mister Key, where is the vial located?”

“It was registered and checked in one of the labs but they keep rotating it. They just checked it in an hour ago but the database is locked. Probably protocol,” Mister Key explained, Doyoung adding that he was parking the ambulance. “Doyoung, to save time, you should try to do a sweep of the other buildings in case.”

“Don’t we have a target lab?” I asked Mister Key who gave a “Mhm.”

“The target lab is where all the experiments take place along with where the record room is at,” V butted in. “Johnny, Fullsun is getting wheeled in. The record room is down the hall, room number 16.”

“Simple enough. Johnny, can you slip away while they prep Fullsun?” Taeyong asked and Johnny muttered that he’ll try. I crawled, seeing Johnny begin to act.

“I think I need to go to the bathroom. Is there a bathroom anywhere here? Plane food, you know. Not a very good combination to drink milk and eat mango at the same time—” Johnny droned on and the worker coughed, embarrassed by his words.

“It’s down the hall, sir.” She pointed out and I watched Johnny finally leave the room.

“I’m out. Room 16, you say?” he asked and I was left with Haechan who was being laid down onto the bed. I heard aggressively tapping through the earpiece.

“I’m overriding the cameras,” Chenle said from the hotel. I could hear Renjun shift in the background.

“Fullsun, if they want to inject you with something, stall them. Cry. You’re in the last stages of your life, a majority of the patients lose it before the experiment,” Renjun said and I saw Haechan shift on the bed, the woman coming up to him with a vial. It had a green-like liquid and she was slowly inserting it into a syringe.

“What am I going to do with my life?” Haechan began, his eyes brewing with tears. “Why am I here getting injections when I just want to die?”

She didn’t seem bothered by him, which was a good thing. She was probably used to it, seeing patients go in and out with their emotions. Haechan began to sob, a hand going up to wipe away the tears. His mask made it so believable without the hair and he suddenly sat up, shaking his head.

“I don’t want to do this—”

“Sir, it’s normal to feel this way. Our patients have faced a lot of emotional distress but this may actually help you,” she began and Haechan shook his head one more time.

“No, you don’t get it. I don’t want to be helped,” he rasped, his eyes darting back and forth. “I want to die…. Please, just let me die.”

“Johnny, status?”

“In the file room. There are too many here, what am I looking for?” Johnny asked and I heard a shuffle.

“A file named the MRVL-U#37. That’s the last version of the Marvel U drug. Don’t go to the papers, they wouldn’t put it on paper. The recent experiments in YG Chem are all digitalized.”

“I’m at the electronic side. It’s disks and hardware,” Johnny explained and I heard Renjun brood.

“The head scientist is around 177 cm tall so it’d be put in the 6th row from the bottom. Is there anything labeled with MRVL-U#37?”

“Not at all.”

“This is Moon Tae-il.” A voice cut in. “Johnny, don’t look for disks—Look for an external hard drive. It’d be a Tetra external hard drive because of the number of files that would be in it. A basic disk would be black and around the palm of your hand. Sixth row—”

Their voices droned out and I focused on Haechan who had managed to act like he was scared of the syringe. He cowered at the side of the room, sobbing softly. Doyoung had piped up that he was sweeping the place and was almost done with the first building when Key spoke up.

“Dana, I just got into the database. It was checked into the lab in your building an hour ago. However, some rooms don’t have cameras.”

“You want me to locate it?”

“We already located it. It’s on the third floor near the testing areas. It should be where all the chemicals are at. Lucky for you, there are vents leading to each room. Crowd will direct you.”

“Dana, go back to where you started and go to the third floor. Go up the stairs.”

I finally left my post from shadowing Haechan and crawled out of the vents. I was in an isolated part of the hallway, Chenle telling me to take a sharp right. I moved swiftly to the side, running up to the second floor when I saw someone walk down the hallway.

“Dana, look normal. You’re wearing a caretakers outfit, don’t panic,” Kun said and I tried to regulate my breathing. “Shoulders back, eyes up. Like you belong there.”

I followed his lead, walking down the hallway, past the man in a lab coat. He didn’t even look at me and I finally passed him. There was another flight of stairs at the side and I quickly climbed it, Crowd finally telling me that the third floor didn’t have cameras in some rooms.

“I’ll vent it,” I told them, finally using the basic skills that I learned in Mister Min’s class to locate the opening of the vents, pulling myself up into the ceiling. I moved through the ceiling, trying to look into each room.

I saw labs and the testing rooms were blurry through the small cracks from above.

“Dana, you’re in the one right above the main testing room. It should be somewhere there,” Key said and I paused where I was at. “There are no cameras there so keep telling us what you find.”

I dropped down carefully into a testing room, my mouth dropping open at the sight. There were cabinets around the room, which was normal. I quickly grabbed the first coat I found, slipping it on my body before putting on a mask to hide my face. The smell of the lab had a weird stench to it that made my stomach turn.

“Leader…” I mumbled. “There are jars of human body parts in this room.”

I whispered under my breath, my eyes taking in body parts in jars. It seemed like they were trying to experiment on body parts to make them regenerate themselves. I saw eyeballs and hearts floating in a liquid substance and I made my way through the room slowly and carefully when I heard a loud thud.

“,” I cursed under my breath, whipping my head around to see that there was a man in a glass cage. He was , his body all white and he didn’t have any hair. What caught my eye were his body parts. He had a and a , the male staring at me through the glass as he tilted his head back and forth. He was incredibly pale, like an albino.

“Dana?”

“Leader, they are making two gendered people. This is sick. This is really sick.” I found myself saying, the man slamming his fist against the glass cage. He blinked at me, his tongue snaking out to the side of his lips when I looked down to see that there was food outside his cage—untouched.

“Dana, stick to the plan. Don’t get distracted,” Taeyong said but I could tell he was worried.

“He’s human but not human,” I mumbled, sliding the food into the man’s cage before I quickly scampered away to another part of the testing area. I could hear Johnny say that there was not a single external hard drive in the record room.

“Try the second record room. Fullsun, keep it up. They face this every day. It’s not new.” Kun told Haechan who could be heard telling his life story of how he was a rich kid but all they wanted to do was sell his liver so he drank too much. Then he was diagnosed with skin cancer.

Someone tell the kid that his liver had nothing to with skin cancer.

I moved to the second part of the testing room when I was greeted with a sight.

Babies.

Babies everywhere.

There were babies lined up, their little bodies stirring. Some were younger than others and my voice shook as I saw one person walk down the line of babies. He had a syringe in his hand but the liquid wasn’t blue like the Marvel drug. It was green; green like the liquid they were trying to inject into Haechan.

“Leader…” My voice shook at the sight. “They are injecting a green liquid into infants,” I whispered to Taeyong who reminded me to focus on the mission and to get the Marvel-U drug.

“Leader, you don’t understand. This is Phase 3.”

If SM was scared of YG doing a Phase 3, I think they had already started.

Except that it was a different chemical.

Above the testing room was a life count and I gasped at the ratio of dead and alive.

Alive: 1. Dead: 67

And right when I could drag my eyes away, the door of the testing room opened.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Jaehyun and Mark, Warehouse truck near main entrance]

Jung Jaehyun was used to this. He sat in the truck with Mark beside him as they waited. It was a fairly simple mission but Jung Jaehyun couldn’t shake off the feeling that something would go horribly wrong. Mark was taking a nap and the truck was parked away from the main entrance, hidden among the trees. They had to be inconspicuous but they also had to cover multiple entrances.

Sehun was always very well-rounded when it came to missions.

It was times like this that Jung Jaehyun felt important.

He closed his eyes, finally deciding to take a nap when he heard the sound of a twig snapping. Jaehyun shot up, his eyes darting back and forth onto his surroundings. Mark stirred, the younger male not going through the same panic he was.

“I heard a sound.” He managed to say and Suga asked him if he saw anyone. At the same time, he heard Dana’s voice telling them that they were experimenting on people and making hermaphrodites. He winced and his mind began to worry about Dana’s safety when men emerged from the trees.

“There are people here,” he said, shaking Mark awake. Mark jolted up, his hand instinctively going to start the truck when people surrounded them.

They were people who were working in the plant, Jaehyun could tell by their uniforms. 

Automatically, his palms began to sweat and he heard Dana say that YG was already in a Phase 3 with an unknown drug. But as much as Jaehyun was worried about her, the men drew out their guns and began to say something in Thai.

“They have guns,” Jaehyun said to Suga who was strategizing for transportation and getaway. “Suga… What do I—”

“Down from car!” the man yelled at Jaehyun, Jaehyun turning to see that Mark had ducked under the seat. He couldn’t let him get caught.

“Hide, Mark. Keep your head down.”

“I’m coming down,” Jaehyun said in English, hands in the air. “I am just here under direct order.”

He said to them, opening up his coat to flash them the lab ID that the Cleanup Crew had prepared for him. They stepped closer, their eyes on the ID before he looked up at him. For a moment, Jaehyun could feel them sway when one of them said something.

“No! No! You SM!” he said to Jaehyun who stuttered. “We get call tonight. They say SM come!”

The Thai accent was thick and Jaehyun froze. Someone called YG that SM would come? Who was it? They pitched it to only the active agents, who could have done it? Jaehyun tried to think, the male pointing the gun at him.

“Jeffrey—what’s wrong?” Taeyong asked. “Why are they saying that they got a call?”

“I don’t know,” Jaehyun muttered under his breath, Dana finally saying that she had to hide because someone came into the testing room.

“Leave. Get onto the car and leave.” Taeyong began to panic. “If they know this means that all our agents are in danger. Jeffrey—”

Oh no. Jaehyun didn’t need to be told twice and the man knew what to do to lower down the risk of casualties.

He saw Mark under the seat, Jaehyun chewing on his bottom lip as he heaved himself onto the seat, shutting the door behind him. They yelled at his actions, a round of bullets slamming against the truck. Jaehyun opened the driver’s seat, a leg going to kick Mark out of the vehicle.

“Run!” Jaehyun told Mark who flew out; Jaehyun climbing over to the driver’s seat and starting the truck, bringing his foot down on the accelerator. Mark went unnoticed just as Jaehyun wanted, the male getting caught by surprise.

“Jeffrey—” Taeyong began, Jaehyun finally bringing the truck full throttle as the men jumped on their own vehicle.

“We need to abort Taeyong! We need to abort!” Jaehyun yelled, swerving the truck as they followed him. “Bring Dana out of there.”

“Jaehyun kicked me out of the truck!” Mark said and Jaehyun sighed. One less person to worry about.

“Jaehyun—!” Taeyong said but the sound of a bullet being fired rang out in the air and Jaehyun felt the car skid.

“They shot the wheels,” Jaehyun said, trying to regain control of the vehicle. “They’re going to take me away.”

And right as he said, the truck crashed against the side of the plant. Jaehyun moved away to the passenger’s seat just in time, the airbag releasing and protecting his face. But his arm was hurt and he didn’t have to look at it to know that it was cut from the flying pieces of glass.

“Stop!” They were yelling and Jaehyun felt arms grab him from the passenger’s seat. “You come with us.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Back to the lab with Dana]

I had hidden inside one of the closets that were filled with lab coats, peering out from inside at the newly come doctor who was humming to himself. He had stopped in front of the dual-gendered albino that was in the glass cage, frowning at the food that I had kicked into the cage. The albino hissed at him, stuffing his mouth with food.

“I don’t remember giving you food,” the doctor said in English. He had a British accent and he bustled around the room.

In my ear, I heard the racket of Jaehyun getting caught but couldn’t say anything from where I was.

“Hendery, Ten- abort. All agents in the outer wall that can get out of there, get out,” Taeyong ordered. “Our mission has been compromised.”

I could hear the panic in Taeyong’s voice and I knew I was wondering exactly what everyone else was. Who told YG that we were coming? I saw the doctor move around the room before he rapped his knuckles against the glass.

“Oi! Did you administer the second dose of the Hulk drug?” he asked them and my jaw dropped open, trying to understand what a Hulk drug is. Did they just randomly name the chemicals according to what they would do to the babies?

Oh… Maybe they did.

If the Marvel drug gave cognitive abilities, the Hulk drug would have been made to enhance physical abilities. SM really wasn’t that far off from YG. I watched as the doctor walked to the cabinet to take out a vial.

“Well, take the Marvel-U drug and inject it into One. Let’s see if the kid will get any smarter with the upgrade.”

It all made sense so suddenly. They made a Marvel drug enhancer simply because the subject that they tested on already had a preexisting drug in them. But who was One? The one kid that was alive among the sixty-seven kids that did not survive?

“I’ll put it here. Do it when you’re done with whatever you are doing,” the doctor said and I watched him place the syringe onto the table before leaving the room.

My luck.

“I got it. I got it,” I said, rushing forward to grab the Marvel-U drug. The needle of the syringe was covered and I strapped it to my belt under my outfit. "I'm switching it with the duplicate." 

“Dana, get out. Jaehyun was taken. Get out of there, right now,” Taeyong said and I felt the adrenaline pound in my ears as I finally exited the lab and made my way into the vents. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnny had finally gotten the files after a while, making his way back to Haechan who had tired out the worker. She had given up and the ringing command of Taeyong in their ears to tell them to abort was worrying. He slipped into the room Haechan was at and he saw Jungwoo look up from behind the newspaper.

They had to abort.

“I’m in the vents,” Dana’s voice said. “I got the drug. I’ll shadow the boys and we can abort once we reach the exit.”

“Good job, Dana,” Johnny said to her. Haechan shared a look with him and he went up to the male, grabbing the wheelchair. Haechan sat on it and suddenly there was a sound of a gun cocking.

Johnny slowly turned, his eyes settling on a man behind Jungwoo with a gun held against his head.

Oh .

Jungwoo had his hands in the air and the man wore a security guard uniform, Johnny trying to think of ways to get out of the situation.

“What are you doing to my brother?” Haechan rasped, the man telling them to drop the act. He smirked, the gun pressed against Jungwoo’s scalp. “Sir… What are you doing? What’s going on?”

“Take them. Bring them to the meetin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter