Twenty-Eight

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you last remember then?" Detective Winter asked. "We're not going to stop asking until we get what we want, Ms. Im."

 

"I--I dont.. How long have I been here?"

 

"Three hours." Karina leaned back on her chair, showing that they are comfortable to stay there until they have something.  "You were last seen in an airport in Netherlands. What happened after that?"

 

"That.. that was a few months ago." Yoona answered, finally taking a drink from the bottle of water she was offered. 

 

"Exactly. After that sighting, you and your team disappeared from any radar. Tell us what happened."

 

Yoona struggled to keep her eyes open from the headache and finally finding a wound on her head. It had been cleaned. She closed her eyes again trying to remember everything she can.

 

A few months earlier...

 

"...Every single one on that list will pay." 

 

GD came back to their table, taking out his wallet and putting some bills on the table. "We have to go now."

 

"Hyung, what's happening?" V asked, the entire crew who were still in Seoul were alarmed at their leader's urgency.

 

"Ji.. sit down.. Talk to us first." Yoona put a hand on his arm, pulling him down to sit next to him. 

 

The calming action didn't go unnoticed to Taeyang and TOP who shared a knowing look.

 

GD relented but his demeanor still screamed that something was bothering him. "It's my brother. He's in trouble."

 

"Han Bin?" GD nodded. "What happened?"

 

"He got involved in some drug scandal at Yale. He doesn't do drugs. He never did. He's being held in their campus jail. Everything he's worked for is on the line because of this accusation." 

 

V immediately went to work, typing away. "I'm booking our flights here to Connecticut. I'm booking yours too."

 

"No!" GD protested. "I can do this alone. You don't have to come with me."

 

TOP laughed in disbelief. "Whether you like it or not, my man, we're coming with you. We can help and you know it."

 

Irene nodded in agreement. "And if oppa's handsome, I'd want to see what your younger brother looks like."

 

V stopped his typing to look at Irene. "Y-yah!"

 

Taeyang rolled his eyes at the two. "Besides, in case you forgot, we're out of a headquarters right now. We can look for a place to settle in the States."

 

Yoona agreed with them all. "Well, that's it then, we're going back to university."

 

 

"Connecticut?" Detective Karina confirned.

 

Yoona nodded, that much was clear to her. "We went to Yale to---" she was about to say infiltrate and save Han Bin but then remembered it was police she was talking to. "--to check on someone we know."

 

The two detectives raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything.

 

"After that, we uhh.. settled in Illinois." She gave a smirk. "Chicago. There's just a feeling of home for a bunch of alleged thieves."

 

Now Yoona understands how Jiyong felt when he was dealing with her when she was an agent. It was indeed very fun to toy with the authorities.

 

"Then what?"

 

"Huh? Oh.." Yoona tried her best to remember, her lips slowly curving to a fond smile.

 

One month ago..

 

"Thank you so much for your help, Yoona." Sehun concluded. "You too, Taehyung and Irene. The country owes you one."

 

"Yet this country will never know that we saved the whole Washington, DC from a deadly virus outbreak." Irene cheekily answered.

 

"Well, I do and I'm sorry that's not enough. Truly, we wouldn't have stopped it without you." His words included the two younger thieves but his eyes were only on the heiress. 

 

"Yeah, that's true. The FBI wouldn't have done it without us." Yoona answered, crossing her arms below her chest. She was able to answer confidently, without any awkwardness around her ex-fiance. 

 

Sehun chuckled. "You've been hanging out with G-Dragon-ssi too much. His arrogance is rubbing off on you."

 

Her moving on might have a lot to do that she's now dating, G-Dragon.  

 

Speaking of the handsome devil, five men walked into the bar-- the team upon arriving in Chicago, decided to run a bar as a cover instead of an office like in Seoul--- just as Sehun was saying goodbye to Yoona, V and Irene.

 

Leading the men was G-Dragon, in his slicke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter