Twenty-One

M A D E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next few hours, the team had strategized. They had all the information they needed for a successful heist and rescue. They split up in two teams. Yoona, Irene and Taeyang would rescue Hyo Rin while GD, TOP and V will get the sword from a private collector's house.

 

The mastermind's words were true. They work together like a well-oiled machine. 

 

GD's team did the heist in broad daylight. An impressive feat by itself. TOP pretended to be a census employee and knocked on the house to interview the owner while V hacked their security system. GD got in through one of the windows, went straight to the man's private collection and stole the sword.

 

They dropped off the sword in the mob's headquarters anonymously that same night. When the mob saw it, they proudly displayed their new artifact in the middle of the room happy that their plan of kidnapping Hyo Rin and threatening Taeyang worked. An hour later though, the police raided their place. Unbeknownst to the mob, the private collector had a tracker attached to all of his collection and the crew didn't dismantle it in purpose. The mob bosses were arrested for grand larceny. Because that's what you get for messing with Taeyang's wife.

 

Taeyang and Yoona's combat skills came into play as they fought off the goons guarding the location where Hyo Rin was in. Irene sneaked in from the roof and freed Hyo Rin from the inside.

 

To say that it was a dramatic reunion for the couple was an understatement.

 

Irene and Hyo Rin walked out of the house and saw Yoona and Taeyang standing back to back. They were breathing heavily, about twenty men were on the ground, unconscious around them. 

 

"Hyo Rin!" Taeyang's eyes lit up when he saw her. She was still as beautiful as before he left her even though she was dirty from being locked up for almost two days. 

 

He walked towards her, stopping just infront of his wife.

 

Hyo Rin stared at him. One second. Two second. Three. SLAP!

 

Irene jumped from the sound, backing away slowly from the couple to stand beside Yoona. Yoona's eyes widened at the sound. The woman just slapped Taeyang. The notorious assassin, Taeyang.

 

He had to admit that the slap stinged. Not because it was hard, he had been slapped and punched on the face harder than that. But because he knew and felt all the emotions behind that slap. Before he can even recover... SLAP!

 

"Ya! Min Hyo Rin!"

 

SLAP!

 

"Omo, unni! Is he going to kill her?" Irene covered her eyes.

 

"He's not-- it's his wife!" Yoona answered.

 

"Will you stop?!" Taeyang shouted, grabbing both her hands.

 

"Why should I? Huh?! You left me!" Tears pooled in her eyes. Two years. Two years he disappeared. "WITHOUT A NOTE! YOU COULDN'T EVEN LEAVE A NOTE?!"

 

She struggled as he pulled her closer in a hug. 

 

The next thing that happened surprised them even more. 

 

Hyo Rin put a hand at the back of his head and captured his mouth in a kiss.

 

"Oh. My. Gosh." Yoona's jaw dropped.

 

"Huh? Wae? What's happening?!" Irene removed her hands from her eyes. She gasped. "What?! They're kissing?!"

 

Taeyang got into the kiss and moved to deepen it. 

 

Yoona blushed from watching them, covering Irene's eyes again. "This is not for kids."

 

 

Yoona drove them back, with Taeyang following them from the back on a motorcycle. Irene was asleep beside Yoona and Hyo Rin was at the backseat, tired. The road was dark and the radio was playing the latest hit from the newly debuted girl group, TWICE, in low volume.

 

"Go ahead, you can ask me." Hyo Rin said silently.

 

"What?"

 

Hyo Rin chuckled. "You keep on looking at me at the rearview mirror, Yoona-ssi. Just ask."

 

Yoona bit her lip, looking guilty. "I just don't understand. I mean-- Taeyang's my friend but how can you forgive him just like that? He left you two years ago."

 

Hyo Rin looked at the dark road. "You must think I'm stupid, huh?"

 

"A-anniyo! I'm just confused."

 

"I knew what kind of man he was. He's so different from the guys I dated. When we were living together, I kind of figured it out. No one uses a knife as good as he can. That's just-- that's not normal!" It was her turn to bite her lip. "One day when he went out, I looked into his things. He has several passports under different names. Several weapons not even the police uses."

 

Yoona was focusing on the road but she glanced at her from the mirror. "Did you get scared?"

 

"Not at all. I knew he loves me. What we have, you can't just fake that. When the museum director told me that the sword was missing, I went home and found no trace of him. All that's left of him was the necklace he gave me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter