The Accident

By Your Side

"Wake up, Sunnee, wake up! Wake up, Sunnee, wake up!"

 

Sunnee reached for her phone as soon as she heard the alarm, and threw it on the door.  As it flew across the room, the door opened. Her phone hit her older brother. "Hey!" he shouted at her. She turned to her side, still sleeping. Her brother let out a loud sigh as he walked towards her. 

 

"Sunnee..." he called as he shake her to wake her. "Go away, Aaron!" she said groggily. "It's 7 AM. And it's your first day of work, you have to wake up!" Aaron said. He struggled to pull her up. "I want to sleep..."

"You're going to be late for work!"

"I want to sleep."

"It's your first day of work, dummy!"

 

This time, Aaron hit her head hard, waking her up. "Hey, you dummy!" Sunnee said, glaring at him. "You. Are. Going. To. Be. Late." Aaron said as he handed her her phone. She looked at the time, and true enough, she is going to be late. She immediately got out of the bed, and rushed out of the door. "Why didn't you wake me up?!" she shouted angrily at him. Aaron could only shook his head. "What was I trying to do for the past five minutes?" he said.

 

She washed her face, brushed her teeth and changed into decent clothes, all under five minutes. She rushed down to see her brother preparing breakfast. "I'm gonna be late. I'm gonna be late. I'm gonna be late..." she mumbled. "And whose fault is that? Have breakfast first." Aaron told her. "I can't be late on my first day of work." she said as she took her backpack. "Then buy some food on your way to the office." he said. 

 

Then, he noticed that she took the keys to his beloved car. "Sunnee... Sunnee, no. I'm going to use the car!" he scolded her. "Just today, Ge. Take my scooter first. Promise I'll take care of your wife." she said in a hurry, Before Aaron could protest, she was gone out of the door. Aaron could only sigh again. "Stupid little sister..." he muttered to himself.

 

--

 

Dylan was having breakfast at the patio, when his assistant came. "Chief Xiong?" he called. He looked up at him, and let out a smile. "Good morning, Evan. Please, have a seat. Join me for breakfast." he said. 

"Thank you, Chief Xiong." he said as he sat opposite him. 

 

He handed him the documents, and watched him as he looked at it. After a while of reviewing it, Dylan handed it back to his assistant. "Tell the marketing team to proceed with the sales event. And I need Director Luo to further review that before I give my approval." he said. Evan just nodded his head. 

 

The two sat in silence as they took their breakfast. "Today is the first day of the new hires, right?" Dylan said. Evan nodded his head. "Would you like to welcome them personally, Chief?" Evan asked. "It's been a long time since I welcomed new hires. I think I will today." he said. Evan nodded his head again. 

 

"By the way, please tell me the photographer of Polaris Studio is part of our company now? Did she accept our offer?" Dylan said. Evan let out a smile. "Of course, she accepted our offer." Evan said. With that, Dylan let out a smile. "Good. I can't wait to meet her today." he said after drinking his coffee. 

 

"If you're ready, Chief, we can go now." Evan said. Dylan nodded his head. "Yes, I'm ready to go." Dylan said as he stood up from his seat. Both of them got out of the mansion, and into the waiting car by the driveway. 

 

--

 

Sunnee honked at the car in front of her as loud as she can. She only got 10 minutes to reach the office, and she don't want to be late anymore. "Step on it, slow poke!" she shouted in outrage. As soon as the car in front of her, she stepped on the gas and sped up as she could. But there's another traffic on her way, and she's getting frustrated. 

 

"This traffic is horrible..." Dylan commented. He looked at his watch, and he sure is going to be late. "Tell the HR Director to let the new hire wait for me for a while. She can carry on with the orientation." Dylan told Evan. "I'm on it, Chief." he said. Evan pulled his phone, and made a call. Impatient, Dylan tapped on his driver. "Lao Jin, Can we be a little faster?" he asked. The driver looked worriedly at him. "But, Chief..." the driver hesitated. Dylan just gave him a stern look. "I'm on it, Chief." the driver said. 

 

Sunnee found an open lane, and decided to change lane. As she was about to change lane, another car sped past her, hitting the back of her car. "Holy !" she muttered. It wasn't her day. First,she's going to be late, second, someone just hit her brother's beloved car. 

 

Dylan was startled  by a loud crash. As he looked up, he saw that his car hit another car. "Lao Jin!" he shouted angrily. "I'm so sorry, Chief..." the driver said apologetically. "Evan, deal with this." Dylan instructed his assistant. 

 

Enraged, Sunnee got out of the car to confront the driver who hit her. "Get out of there!" she shouted as she slammed her hand on the hood. Lao Jin got out of the car with an apologetic look. "Mister, I'm sorry..." he apologized. This irked Sunnee again. "Mister?! Do I look like a mister to you?!" she shouted. "Yes. I mean, no. No, I'm sorry miss..." Lao Jin said. "Look what you've done! You need to compensate me! This is a brand new car!" she shouted angrily. 

 

Just then, Evan got out of the car. "Miss, I'm sorry for what happened." Evan said. "Sorry?! Look what you've done to my car!" she said. Evan let out a smile at her. "I assure you, Miss, we will compensate you for the damages." he said. Then, he took out his card, and handed it to her. "Please do call us to settle this matter." he said. "Oh, you'll be hearing from me soon!" she said in a huff before getting back into the car. 

 

"She's one feisty woman." Evan said as she got in the car. "Get her the compensation as soon as possible. I don't want any problems today." Dylan said. Evan just nodded his head. "Yes, Chief." he said. "And Lao Jin..." he said in a stern voice. The old driver looked back in fear. "We will talk about this." he said. The old driver just nodded his head. "Yes, Chief."